2991 Woodside Road
Woodside, CA 94062Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.station1restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6508514988
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 PM last seating @ 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Station 1
New California Fare.Continued
Thoughtfully Sourced, Made With Love, Graciously Served
Thoughtfully Sourced, Made With Love, Graciously Served
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Station 1 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Decent but don't order the pastajscubaDined on 12/21/2013Overall the food and experience was good. However the pasta dish was totally bland. Stay away from it. My wife ordered the sole and it was very good. Also had the cheese plate. Good cheeses but very small portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to the Next One!1stTimeVisitorVIPDined on 12/21/2013My wife and I have grown to love this place, so we were very sorry to hear from the owner that Saturday would be their last service at this location. We ordered some favorites (Chittara pasta and Wagyu beef) and two desserts to go; all were excellent as always. The people here are always gracious, the food excellent, and the setting charming. We were glad to be able to be part of the last supper, as it were, and hope that they will reopen in a new place soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little gem of a placembrucemDined on 12/10/2013This tiny spot serves excellent food in a homey/rustic ~15 table venue. Limited menu, but all good choices, except for only one or two vegan dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good quantityfine4dineDined on 12/7/2013All dishes were good enough quantity for me. However, it's not good enough especially for younger men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceYummeDined on 12/7/2013Had a wonderful time, the food was awesome, and the desserts were over the top. Always enjoy this little jewel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to come herekknevadaVIPDined on 12/7/2013Courteous and accommodating staff, excellent food.Special Features:
- ABOVE AND BEYOND!TUESDAYVIPDined on 11/20/2013They did it again! A new pork tenderloin to die for and date cake that is out of this world! We love the way they occasionally change up the menu with new and inviting dishes. We have not been disappointed yet! The food is inventive yet classic, nice atmosphere, and warm friendly service. If you can't tell, we love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!DianeT1VIPDined on 11/14/2013We had a great time. The food was fabulous...every bite. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Excellent cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2013Excellent cocktails, unique, masterfully mixed in bar at the back. Great food and service, really enjoyed our special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Good FoodSouthofSFVIPDined on 11/12/2013Station 1 has good food, but have changed their menu this year from a fixed 3 course to standard. The Open Table menu link still shows the former style. The variety has increased, including 2 pastas, one of which was good, the other very good. Service seems to have fallen a bit- our appetizers were served before our cocktails (ordered at the same time). Wines by the glass went with the meals very well, and our waiter's suggestions were excellent (and not the most expensive). I appreciate the increased variety, as the old menu could be limiting if you have dietary restrictions, but it does feel more like any one of a number of other good restaurants, rather than something unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion - great serviceTillyDined on 11/12/2013This was our second dinner at Station 1, and it wasn't quite as fabulous as the first time in January. Our salads were truly scrumptuous and the dessert off the chart, but neither of us thought our main course was quite up to the Station 1 standards. I had the vegetarian entree, which was a few beets and some nicely prepared cauliflower, served warm, with a little dressing on the beets, which were cold. It was tasty, but insufficient for an entree. My husband' s steak and fries were substantial, and the marrow-horseradish sauce excellent. The service was excellent--attentive without hovering. We'll go back again, because the ginger cake dessert alone was worth the trip. However, we'll hope for a better vegetarian entree next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly lovelyprymnumberVIPDined on 11/12/2013Station 1 is the perfect neighborhood gem in our opinion. The food was well prepared and tasty, and staff were so friendly, and restaurant's ambience reminded us of some of the best restaurants in wine country. We loved the whole experience and absolutely plan on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013My husband and I had a truly wonderful time at Station 1!!! Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Plus: Food was very good thoughkethorDined on 11/7/2013Plus: Food was very good though portions are quite small. Minuses: Soup was not hot and if you order a red wine by the glass it is served in a white wine glass. When we asked our server for a proper red wine glass to help the wine develop we were told it was the restaurants policy to put a red in a white wine glass unless you order a bottle. Huh? She finally relented and brought a proper glass. I feel for the prices and style of the restaurant and their attention to detail that this is a really misguided 'policy' That said, I would go back and feel confident taking friends there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to see it gone...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/6/2013We happened to get there on the last day the restaurant was in business. We had been several times before and had always enjoyed it. The food was always great and it's a nice casual place, something we lack a lot of in the peninsula. Gone but not forgotten, we look forward to their next venture.
- A Woodside GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2013This restaurant opened about three years ago to great reviews and it never disappoints! The food is varied with always a meat, fish, vegetarian and pasta dish on the menu. Fantastic starters. The food is always savory and Delicious. Portions are just right as there is usually nothing left on the plate yet you are not left unfulfilled. Ryan at the bar is a mixologist par excellance. You can sit at the bar for dinner without a coveted reservation. Wine list is solid. Desserts are sweet! I was reluctant to write this review because we do not want the secret to get out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we went back....TUESDAYVIPDined on 11/1/2013So glad we went back since they changed to an ala carte menu. This time we tried the steak.....devine! We also tried the ginger cake...OMG! We love the wait staff and they have won us over again as our "go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Gem!BobNDined on 10/31/2013This was a wonderful dinner! Each dish was served with taste. Every dish was creative and delicious and a wonderful surprise. This restaurant is a real gem!Special Features:
- Still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 10/29/2013Despite some of the luke warm reviews here, we felt this was even better than our first visit a year ago. Ambience is excellent (fireplace recommended), service great, and food was very good. True that portions were very small. But freshness and creativity and taste were outstanding. Love the dishes too. Highly recommended if you like really good food and don't mind eating small portions and paying a bit. You know, like eating out instead of cooking at home. From these two visits I would rate this restaurant among the top 3 on the Peninsula for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dessert with chocolate wasLocalVIPDined on 10/25/2013dessert with chocolate was lacking. felt like i was eating a glob of carmel and chocolate.Special Features:
- A MUST TRY.....TUESDAYVIPDined on 10/23/2013We have not been to Station 1 since they changed from their prix fixed menu to an a la carte menu. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes. The menu is small but everything we had was outstanding! We could recommend the arugula salad and a goat cheese appetizer. Also the pasta with melted smoked gouda with broccoli and pepper flakes.....kinda like a mac n cheese, but much better..... The chicken roulade with mashed sweet potatoes and maple syrup will melt in your mouth! And the buttermilk panna cotta with warm apples topped with crumble topping was outstanding as well. We can't wait to go back! They also have a bar area with some tables for eating. Worth making a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined EveningKeggarDined on 10/19/2013I took my wife for her birthday dinner. Food and wine pairings were outstanding as was our server Jules. The owners, however, were not. Apparently there is a strict time limit for dining which we must have exceeded. Jules was instructed to rush us through our ordering process and was visibly embarrassed and apologetic. Several times they attempted to clear our plates while we were still eating. The owners rolled their eyes and glared at my wife when informed that we were not yet finished. The table next to ours was brought a dessert with birthday candle while we were given our check. We would have ordered dessert and an after dinner drink, but instead left with my wife almost in tears. These people are rude, foolish, and short sighted.
- Fantastic Dining Experiencemsm12VIPDined on 10/17/2013Once again Station 1provided a fantastic dining experience!! The service was outstanding with attentive staff that anticipated our needs without being overbearing. We had several small plates for starters that were very creative in both preparation and presentation. The onion brioche soup was delicious, and our friends enjoyed the tunnel chicken and fish entrees. We were really impressed with the food overall!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality DiningchevalVIPDined on 10/16/2013Great Food, Great Service for anyone wanting the Best.! Try Station 1.....AwesomeSpecial Features:
- superb dining in woodsideChilmarkDined on 10/9/2013Station 1 was a perfect spot for a special anniversary dinner. Warm, intimate, and inviting, accompanied by patient and knowledgeable service with expert explanations of some unusual menu ingredients and unique cocktails, we felt welcome and pampered. The food was delightful and creative and expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining!HelenUDined on 9/25/2013Great experience, unique and tasty dishes, especially enjoyed the small plates. Service impeccable, ambiance enjoyable.Special Features:
- The dishes are unique, beautifullyfoodluvverVIPDined on 9/18/2013The dishes are unique, beautifully presented, and scrumptious. The service is amazing. The only downside is the noise level. If, somehow, quiet conversation could be enforced, the dining experience would be nothing short of perfect.Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner at Station 11stTimeVisitorVIPDined on 9/14/2013This has become one of our very top restaurant choices in the Bay Area. Exceptional meals once again, with creativity in the selections offered and excellent wine-by-the-glass matches. We loved the Wagyu beef entree, the carrot soup and homemade pasta. Our server Julianne was helpful and warm, as always. We loved the dessert selection as well. We come to Station 1 for a nice night out, and also as a place to celebrate events. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint, friendly...perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2013My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Station 1. The menu was simple, but varied. I was attracted to their locally-derived menu and will come back because the food was delicious. Our waiter (I think his name was Trev?) was warm and friendly. He was there just enough for us to feel cared for but we were NEVER rushed. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple menu with interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/5/2013Simple menu with interesting dishes. Great ambiance. Friendly and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little late getting started butPartyof4VIPDined on 8/31/2013Made good by the talented staff and owners. Our reservation was for 7:45 but were seated at 8:25. However, the team handled it like pros and it was more than worth the wait. Plus allowed us to have additional, outstanding cocktails from their full bar. This was my second time and I brought family this time. Overall, I can't rave enough about this place. From the precision of the bartender to the very attentive wait staff, this is a class act all around. The ambiance and atmosphere are superb is the little converted firehouse. Seats approximately 30 guests but buzzes with excitement. The food, well, wow! Everything was uniquely prepared with fantastic flavor; highly recommend the pasta with peas and chorizo. Hats off to this amazing team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great placeahndymacDined on 8/31/2013Station 1 is high end food and service. Absolutely the freshest ingredients artfully prepared. Really good. My wife and I both loved our entrees and everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can see why people come herekknevadaVIPDined on 8/31/2013You won't find much else like this in the Bay Area. The drive to Woodside from anywhere is relaxing. Station 1 is not a place that spends a fortune on the furniture--which is great, because then you can relax once you're there, too. Well-chosen artwork holds your interest while you're waiting for your selection. Food is several cuts above what's available elsewhere and they don't chase trends. The point is to enjoy a taste of something you would never make at home. (To some other reviewers: it's not meant to be all you can eat.) The staff seems to accommodate families, moguls, and regular folks with ease. Unlike some of the other high-end restaurants around here, Station 1 seems to actually appreciate your business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and delicious !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013The food was very creative with different techniques and food combinations- my pasta with pepperoni infused sauce and mushrooms was just delicious ! The tator tot starter was excellent- as was the creme de pot dessert. Everyone had a wonderful meal with excellent service. The whimsical dishes fit into their theme perfectly. One of the best meals in a long time for all of us !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time is a charmDGB289VIPDined on 8/29/2013Visited with friends and enjoyed a wonderful evening. The food is inventive and delicious. The wine list is well chosen and offers thoughtful pairings with the menu at a range of price points that meet the needs of its clientele. The wait staff is knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. While the dinning room is small so it can be a little noisy during the busy hours, its casual intimacy provides an enjoyable ambiance. Station 1 is great dining option in Woodside for people looking for great dining experience with a more low key vibe than the Pub.Special Features:
- Such a quaint, delicious restaurantFoodieWannaBeVIPDined on 8/27/2013Such a quaint, delicious restaurant. A must go. Slightly loud FYI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing 1st visitFoodiesf65VIPDined on 8/16/2013There are not many choices to dine well on the Peninsula vs. the City. So I was excited to hear about the positive previous reviews on Station 1 and the fact that they over to an ala carte experience. Let's start with the one bright spot: service. From the host, to the friendly and attentive bartenders, to the exceptional server (Allison?), the service level in every dart ebt was exceptional. Sadly, almost every dish (maybe even all of them) failed to deliver. We ordered pasta, chicken, the tator tots, the cherry tomatoe and mozz salad. Other than the tasty tator tots, which was ordered as a share, the pasta and the chicken was only very mediocre. Honestly, we could barely finish the dishes. If quality could match the great service ...
- Another great night at Station 1GreenOakDined on 8/16/2013The chitarra and the chicken with bacon slaw and corn pudding were particular highlights, as were the patient staff in helping us hone in on the right wine!Special Features:
- Small gourmet restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2013The appetizers and small plates were excellent. The entree was good but on the dry side. The Halibut was a little overcooked. The complete dinner presentation was excellent. The pricing is on the high side for the atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always decentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2013Had the Waygu steak which was quite good with a bone marrow sauce. Local halibut and homemade pasta with a sausage based sauce all delicious. Not a huge wine list, but it has something for everyone. Bar drinks are creative, and include some interesting non-alcoholic mixes. Service always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.