State Street Grill
114 S. State Street
Clarks Summit, PA 18411Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
State Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thestatestreetgrill.com/
- Phone: 5705855590x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sara Trauger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The STATE STREET GRILL offers plenty of catering menus to choose from. We can cater on premises for up to 150 in house and unlimited off premises.
- Special Events: We often host special events such as Celebrity Bartenders in October for Breast Cancer Awareness with proceeds going to the American Cancer Society. We also host a Cookout for Kids in the summer to send children with cancer to camp. Please watch our calendar for upcoming events or signup for our e-news mails.
A word from State Street Grill
State Street Grill is a restaurant & bar, where you can kick back and relax with friends, enjoy lunch, Sunday Brunch, an exciting evening of dinner and music, or celebrate a special event. We serve fresh and fun American cuisine and we always try to exceed our guests' expectations.Continued
With a sophisticated yet casual decor, State Street Grill has something for everyone, whether you simply want to taste our chef Trauger's creations or enjoy a full meal.
With a sophisticated yet casual decor, State Street Grill has something for everyone, whether you simply want to taste our chef Trauger's creations or enjoy a full meal.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
State Street Grill - Best Restaurants in Clarks Summit ›
State Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (16)hot spot (13)special occasion (10)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Been frequenting for years. Always a great meal. Extremely reasonable with great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 12FoodieDined on 9/7/2014Had a family get together with 12 individuals. The food was great. We had a back room which was quiet so we could talk,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Had a luncheon on 9/5 for 12. Great service and wonderful food. Came back the next day 9/6 and the food was still fantastic. Great selection for a brunch. The server was slow and not well organized. Did not know the specials of the day and when the selection was not available had to get my own menu. Worth the wait for the food and ambiance.Special Features:
- skizitsDined on 8/30/2014Outdoor dining is great apart from the fact that smoking is allowed at all outside tables, so if you're seated "downwind" you get the smoke ! The caesar salad was not very good- seemed like I got the bottom of the bowl and there was almost no dressing on it. Other than that it was a great evening, our waiter and all the staff were very pleasant and attentive. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in the areapashaDined on 8/17/2014Brunch is fantastic at state street. The food is plentiful healthy and beautiful to look at. The menu is super accommodating for everyone. Service is great and the experience was altogether wonderful. It is a weekly go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Worth going again!FoodieX2VIPDined on 8/11/2014Using open table, we chose this place to have lunch when returning from New York. Sitting outside was very enjoyable on an nice summer day. The food was really quite good and the service we received was excellent. Parking is close by and paying at the meter is inexpensive. We would go back again tomorrow, but we live too far away!Special Features:
- excellent brunchmsrmsDined on 8/10/2014I have dined at State Street in the past, but not recently. I heard they were serving brunch and decided to give it a try. It was very enjoyable. There is a good variety of food and it was delicious. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasure ... every time !enjoysgr8foodDined on 8/10/2014The food NEVER disappoints , the atmosphere is lovely , the ambiance ... more than pleasant and the service is always attentive without being " hovering " . I dine here for a get away after a stressful day , special occasions and just impromptu . It is ALWAYS consistantly good . No uneven food here . Just good quality , delicious food ... every time . Whether light fare or full dinner , the food is good , good , good ! Last but not least , the restaurant is very , very clean and the prices are more than reasonable ! P S The music is absolutely lovely !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmospherelcj1992Dined on 7/27/2014The atmosphere here is absolutely amazing. The low lighting and the neo-jazz music set the mood for a casual but sophisticated brunch. The crab cake Eggs Benedict was a bit salty but was overall quite filling for such a small dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdayDined on 7/26/2014The food was good but not great and the service was disappointing. We had a large party that little to no attention was paid to. The bus staff was more diligent and professional than our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentluv2dineDined on 7/22/2014The food is always creative, fresh and delicious. Great atmosphere. Excellent friendly service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fatty steakEatOutAlotDined on 6/30/2014Friends and I dined here for a get together. The meals took a long time to come out, 2 people in our party ordered the 14oz steak special. The steak was extremely fatty..extremely..and when we got our bill realized the special was $34.95 per person which is more than the filet mignon per the menu. Had we known it would have been that expensive and fatty, we would've got the better cut of steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor diningpashaDined on 6/28/2014Dinner at State Street Grill is a hip dining experience. The setting is pretty and the service was outstanding. My husband loved his steak dinner and the beet salad. I loved the seaweed salad but my tuna appetizer was a disappointment. The tuna was not the nicest and the presentation was just ok, pretty basic. Next time i will choose something else.Special Features:
- Great for Organic/Paleo followers!laurenDined on 6/20/2014Had the grass-fed filet and watermelon salad. Amazing food and great ambience. One of my favorite places in the Scranton/Clarks Summit area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DinnerKateDined on 6/13/2014State Street was my husband's choice for his Father's Day dinner. He was not disappointed in his tuna entree. State Street Grill is convenient and is fun place to dine. I would not hesitate to recommend State Street Grill to friends and family. It is a little loud but I think that adds to the ambiance. The noise equals happy customers!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014If you like sweet potato casserole, you **MUST try the candied sweet potatoes. Am appetizer must is the nacho platter. Forget that fake yellow nacho cheese, this tower of nachos is the real deal and because of it I never finish my meal and always have leftovers to take home. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in the heart of town.labgurlDined on 6/6/2014Great place to relax outside on the patio. Just love the interior decorations, smart and comfortable. Could do without the large screen TV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 114 reviews are from the State Street Grill reviews archive.
- Creative but could use some workFoodie25Dined on 5/18/2014I went there for brunch. We were seated inside the restaurant which was very dark for brunch. The curtains should have been drawn. The stuffed French toast was a slam dunk for creative and taste. Warning: very sweet, but amazing. The crab quiche was had an adequate amount of crab and other flavors to balance it out; the crust was perfect. I did receive a crab shell in my quiche was a little off putting. It came with a salad which I thought was odd for breakfast, but it worked! The red velvet pancakes left a lot to be desired! They tasted like they came out of a box and where hard at the edges when they came out. They definitely deserve a shout out for using real syrup!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice choice...CHEERSDined on 5/17/2014Although one of our meals was delivered overdone, it was replaced cheerfully and with apologies. The menu was excellent in variety and the food was very good. It's not a huge place but for 7 pm on a Saturday night, we didn't have to wait long and it wasn't overly loud. Parking is a bit of a problem anywhere in that area of town, but that's not their fault. Overall, we had a great time, enjoyed our food and four people fed for $140 all-in. Definitely will go back if ever in town again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good time was had by all.UmbriacoDined on 5/10/2014From the moment we arrived until we departed it was a great dining experience. We had drinks at the bar and then we were seated in the table area of the bar. The waitress we had was great. The selections on the menu and the specials made it hard to choose what to have for supper. We were all impressed by both the food and the presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealLongtrailGuyDined on 5/2/2014Made a reservation for Mom's birthday. Food, wine/drink selections were fantastic and service was good as usual. The only con for the evening was the 35 minute wait for our table with a reservation. I'm aware that weekends are quite busy for them but a reservation should be just that...a reservation. It seems that a lot of establishments these days don't seem to understand what that means. Don't get the wrong impression, the meal was worth the extra wait. To anyone who goes here, TRY THE MEATLOAF! Seriously...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Service!!!jordanVIPDined on 4/12/2014We were seated right away as we had an open table reservation. We order within the first 15 minutes, and were told that our food order will be delayed about 30 minutes. Our food was served after 1 hour and 30 minutes. This is unacceptable. We had a note in the reservation that we are celebrating a birthday and was not acknowledged at all. The soups were served cold. Also, when had a specific question about a dish (how was the wasabi marinated), we were told the people in the kitchen were too busy to check on this. People might have specific allergies and they need to know this information before they place their food orders. Again, this is not the kind of service you expect when you dine at this level of restaurant.Special Features:
- Be warned!!MeredithVIPDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I have been to State Street Grill multiple times before this. I will say that the food usually takes a little longer than most restaurants but I have always forgiven it because it is delicious. This time was completely different. We made a reservation on Open Table and requested to sit outside. We got there and they were just telling everyone to sit where they wanted so I am not sure why we even made the reservation because there was no table reserved for us so we had to wait 15 minutes. No big deal as the woman we spoke to was very kind. When we were finally seated we placed our order right away. Over an HOUR later our food FINALLY came out and I received someone else's meal. I don't have enough room to continue but be weary
- New Menu!KateDined on 4/9/2014The new menu is interesting. There are many choices, including some salads which you can add some meat or fish to. Having a good variety of food on the menu made dining a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!Partyof4Dined on 3/16/2014Big group for Sunday brunch. Service was great! Food was very good. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereFritzieDined on 3/14/2014Using open table to make reservations on line is making going to State Street Grill a lot easier. We got a good table. Service was good as was the food, as usual.Special Features:
- Not as good as my first diningSasgolfDined on 2/7/2014Not as good as my first dining experience at State Street but still very good. Had a very nice evening with my wife. Would certainly return if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tall Table ReservedDinnerClub7Dined on 1/24/2014Our dinner club had a great night out, sitting at the tall table we were able to enjoy the ambience while out of the path of anyone walking by. Food was excellent and drinks were equally tasty. The service was attentive with the waitress, but it felt like they were short-staffed. At times it was difficult to get her attention for a second round of drinks. The age range of people was mid-20's all the way up to late 50's, everyone fit in, no one generation dominated, making 50 feel like the new 30. It was a good time out, definitely not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected great foodfredsterDined on 12/6/2013We recently checked out the Grill on the spur of the moment. I loved being able to make a reservation with the Open Table website! The food was freshly made and creatively put together. Everything tasted great. Our service was wonderful as well. Our only adverse comment is that the noise level was very high, and we did not find that to be "energetic" as the website suggests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday EveningFood4thoughtDined on 11/15/2013The reservation helped us get the right table in a quieter spot of this lively restaurant. The food was excellent, the service was very good. Lots of specials on the menu. And, the OpenTable site made reserving a few seats extremely easy and pleasant. I would recommend the restaurant and OpenTable to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSwagnerDined on 11/8/2013All in all a great place. Food was delicious and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceBrittDined on 10/19/2013Good food, but we waited about an hour or more after we were seated to actually eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu and AmbienceVisitingScrantonDined on 10/19/2013We were visiting the Scranton area and gave this restaurant a try and were glad we did. It looks like a neighborhood bar restaurant, and has a great outside area. Inside the atmosphere was neat, and while the tables are close together, we never felt crowed. The menu was a pleasant surprise - not a standard bar or restaurant menu but with many unique offerings. We had a "normal" appetizier - chicken nachos - and it was outstanding, one of the best we ever had. And the choice of sandwiches, flat breads, etc. was very interesting and we enjoyed our meals. Service was pretty good, very personal and friendly We recommend giving the State Street grille a try and don't think you will leave disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- State Street Grill Birthday DinnerCathyBDined on 9/27/2013Our daughter, a foodie, chose State Street Grill over the many restaurants in the Clarks Summit/ Scranton area to celebrate her birthday. We arrived at staggered times with no problem for seating . For a late Friday night the restaurant was full but not overcrowded. Some dinners were outdoors in the 60 degree weather but with outdoor heaters it was very comfortable. The food choices are varied and out of the ordinary. There isn't a bad choice on the entire menu. Service was excellent and even when one guest came late his meal was prepared and served in a timely fashion. We had a great time and love dining there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- State Street is a great restaurant/DeneenMVIPDined on 9/22/2013State Street is a great restaurant/bar. The staff is great - always friendly and accomodating and the food is fantastic. There is something for everyone. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013We were a party of 4, seated near the kitchen. Waitress helpful and accommodating but she was busy and we waited a longer than normal time to order drinks. Food delicious. Ordered the risotto with seared scallops and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMWfrs44Dined on 9/1/2013First time at this restaurant. Certainly wont be the last. Great food, great drinks, service. Love the outdoor experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MeredithVIPDined on 8/11/2013I loved State Street Grill!!! The food was fantastic and our server was extremely nice and helpful. The only issue we had was that it was rather slow service. I would still go back though because the food was worth it! We had brunch there and I think we will try dinner soon!Special Features:
- Good late night find. StartedrecentDined on 8/9/2013Good late night find. Started with flatbread -- very good. Burgers were juicy and nice sides. Service was slow but there was a party so excusable. Desert (peanut butter cup) was good as were drinks. Not at all rushed after dinner was complete.Special Features:
- Great food but bar is lackingBaloney456Dined on 8/9/2013My date ordered a drink that was supposed to come garnished with a chocolate dipped pretzel. The $9.00 small drink was delivered to our table with no pretzel and no explanation. I went up to the bar and asked for the pretzel and they said they didn't have any. No price reduction was made on our bill. I ordered a margarita that basically tasted like lemonade with no alcohol in it which was $6.00. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.