State Social House
8782 Sunset Boulevard West
Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
State Social House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.statesocialhouse.com/
- Phone: (310) 657-8100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Vernon Cardenas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call State Social House, (310) 657-8100 or email email@example.com to get more information on our catering & special event offerings.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our Catering & Special Events department at Vernon@statesocialhouse.com for more information.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager 3106578100
- Entertainment: Live music, Piano bar and DJ'S on scheduled nights
A word from State Social House
We offer savory American Pub Bites with flavors from the farms of California to the Far East and Europe. At each of our four bars, we offer 20 beers on tap, an elegant selection of boutique wines and a unique seasonal cocktails menu. We offer The Backroom next door where you can sit back and enjoy a fine cigar. We have TVs throughout the first floor and The Backroom where you can watch all major sporting events. And for those who enjoy live music and a more intimate setting, we offer the Piano Bar upstairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
State Social House reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Rubber ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014I was excited to try the Sate Social house for my birthday, the drinks list was extensive with a good atmosphere, but I ordered the chicken burger and had to send it back not even being able to bite through, I ask for a ahi tuna salad that was soggy and bland, the other food that came out was below average. The waitress was nice but we had to go to the bar several times to get service. From my experience I would recommend for a drink and good atmosphere but not for food.
- Great place for live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014State Social House has a social event almost every night of the week - from Comedy Night to Champagne Socials. Their menu is delicious (everything I've tried has been sensational) and it is a great place for groups of friends to congregate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- State Social House is a hit!PhillyRichVIPDined on 9/25/2014There aren't many casual spots along this stretch of Sunset that serve good food at a reasonable price but this place is an exception. Sure, it can get crowded and noisy but it's in a great location and it has a good draft beer list. I had the skirt steak with a side of mashed potatoes and small salad and everything was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the State Social House reviews archive.
- ImpressedtingtingVIPDined on 7/13/2014I rarely write reviews, but I just had to for this visit. It was my first visit to State Social and it was for the World Cup. Considering how busy and crazy it was, the service was GREAT! Even though there was a long wait for our food, the steak and eggs were cooked perfectly to my specification. I was impressed! Thank you!Special Features:
- Okay.NewcomerDined on 5/30/2014Very dim & couldnt read our menu at all. Had a reservation too. Took FOREVER to order our meals and get our waters. Hunting down our waiter became a game not only between my boyfriend and i but between the couple next to us too. Super loud, so i wouldnt suggest what i accedently did and go for a date night. Seems like a good place to go watch the game and for hipsters to drink/eat in hollywood. Great ambiance but totally not worth the money. In my opinon, the place should just be a bar. The food was nothing special or worth the price. Not saying it was expensive but it wasnt even good. I dont know, Ive seen people i know tagged here and as ive expressed, the place is nicely decored, i just did not enjoy myself like i had hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotmanninghbVIPDined on 4/17/2014Great spot at one end of the strip, with a public parking lot right across the street. Met friends before a show at the Roxy and were able to walk over to the show. Drinks were tasty and the taco plates were good and filling. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service .LilFoodieDined on 4/11/2014Our food was taking a little long due to a back up. And the chef came out to excuse the wait and offer to buy us drink. He came out quite a few times to make sure we were doing well and loving everything. He offered us his card afterwards and said that if ever we wanted to come in on a busy night to give him a call and he'll arrange it. Every other server was also great ! Definitely coming back while I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014I ordered the Skirt stake and it was awasome. It was tender and juicy. After a great dinner, I went down to the bar and had a great cigar and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I booked a last minute dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014I booked a last minute dinner for a friends birthday party here. The reservation was for 10 people and this was the only place that took my reservation last minute which was a life saver! The food was good, the service was good and we all had a good time. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Nothing WRONG, but nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/20/2014Ordered the WeHo burger, Whiskey burger, Sausage pizza. Also the giant pretzel app, which was overlooked and not served until mid-meal. Nothing wrong with any of it, (turkey burger reported as dry, but that's turkey burgers). But nothing special enough to make this a destination. Going to Book Soup or the Whiskey? Sure, stop here for a bite first.
- pepTheDailyCraveDined on 10/9/2013The refresh looks great but the crowd has fallen off-needs some marketing work to get fun customers in!
- American Food with a TwistAimeeDined on 9/11/2013Had the house special Whiskey Burger and enjoyed the zing of the whiskey sauce. Also enjoyed the Muse cocktail with Ketel One vodka. The cocktail was nice, however for $13 it should have contained more alcohol. It tasted like it only contained half a shot. Next time I think I'll order a beer instead.Special Features:
- Good drinks not so good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2013Drinks were fun and pretty good and strong. There's a piano bar upstairs we didn't have a chance to check out that can make the venu a bit more versitile. It's at the old red rock and very casual. I have to say the food was not very good. We ordered the Kobi Meatballs - they were ok and kind of cold. The mac and cheese is not very good either, not very much cheese involved and the pasta didn't taste like it was cooked all the way. The sashimi was bright pink which was a color I have not encountered before. The bacon wrapped scallops were a bit soggy - there was no crisp to the bacon at all. The menu doesn't really have anything amazing on it and it totally fell short with what we ordered.Special Features: