State Fare Bar & Kitchen
68900 Frank Sinatra Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
State Fare Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/RanchoMirage/Dining/StateFare/Default.htm
- Phone: (760) 321-8282
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Al A Carte Menu
6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Breakfast Buffet Saturdays & Sundays
7:00am to 11:00 am
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday
5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bruno Lopez
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the State Fare Lounge on Fridays and Saturday nights.
A word from State Fare Bar & Kitchen
State Fare Kitchen pays tribute to California’s prized harvest and ingredients, inspired by offerings from the finest purveyors in the Coachella Valley, inland Southern California and the Pacific coast. Presenting the best of California for daily breakfast, lunch and supper, as well as Sunday brunch, the restaurant provides a fresh and creative California menu, a lively chefs’ display kitchen, a chef’s table and private dining room. The restaurant is highlighted by a choice of settings from intimate to lively, including a fireplace “snug”, private dining rooms, relaxed fireside patio dining and expansive terraces overlooking gardens and pools.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
State Fare Bar & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
State Fare Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (29)great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (13)hot spot (10)great for brunch (9)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Great dining experience. nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy foodThefoodieinmeVIPDined on 10/27/2014The food was fantastic! I highly recommend the short ribs and the tomato and burrata salad. Amazing! But, the service was lacking. We asked for more bread and butter at least 3 times and sometimes it was hard to catch someone to ask once again. Although, the wait staff and manager were very friendly. The ambiance isn't that warm either. The menu prices are "fine dining" prices but the interior did not show that. The food is fine dining quality though. But overall a decent experience. I will be back and see if the parts that were lacking will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedVIPDined on 10/23/2014After all the hype leading up to the reopening of the Ritz and the restaurants there, I was disappointed to find that there is very little view from State Fare with the way the hotel and restaurant have been situated which was a real missed opportunity.
- notcookingtonightDined on 10/22/2014this restaurant is in the newly remodeled Ritz Carlton. The ambiance is fabulous - casual and youthful with a totally open kitchen (all glass walls). The food was good but the lighting on the patio made it impossible to read the menu without the flashlight on our phones, The waiter said they were aware of the lighting problem and it was being corrected. Very expensive wine list My steak was good but my husbands Monk fish was not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Breakfast EverFoodieVIPDined on 10/21/2014To celebrate a birthday of a friend we went out to breakfast! The food was delicious! I was worried that the three egg omelet would be too much, but the omelet was so light and fluffy that it melted in my mouth. Friends had the pancakes and declared them the best they had ever eaten. The service was impeccable- water glasses filled and yet not interrupting our conversation. It was a wonderful place to treat a dear friend on her birthday! By the way, I had been at State Fare for my birthday lunch and it was also a fabulous experience! What a great addition to the desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert RitzScottyP69VIPDined on 10/17/2014State Fare was wonderful. The service at the entire establishment was Great! Go and be welcomed by many and let them cater to you!Special Features:
- Lunch October 16thDWD21VIPDined on 10/16/2014Drove up to the Ritz Carlton for lunch. Spectacular setting looking out over the pool and valley. Sat outdoors and enjoyed the warmth and the shade. Service was attentive and friendly. For a hotel it felt like a very high end restaurant and not just a hotel place to eat. Good wine by the glass selections poured from a table in an open door area. Cobb salad was very good and the "Complete" sandwich, which is their take on a club, was excellent. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Sadly Unimpressed at LunchBillDined on 10/16/2014Service was slow and very inexperienced but friendly; almost too much so One gets the impression this is a first time job for all. View is lacking because it is hidden by an over abundance of palm trees. Only thing to see is the pool and droopy cabanas. Getting water and drinks took a very long time even though we were only the second table occupied. Menu is miniscule in choices. Food, while sounding innovative, was less so. Three had the burger for lunch and it was floating in oil/grease. They have a long way to go before we consider returning.
- NOT TOGETHER YET!WONDERFULDined on 10/5/2014Well, we were totally disappointed. a 5:30 dinner reservation, yet they were out of the soup of the day! burger ordered well and came back medium rare. while the other 3 of us ate our dinner they redid the burger, which was then served after we 3 were finished, leaving my husband to eat alone..obviously they sent complimentary dessert but we insisted they remove the price of one burger, which they did reluctantly. will give them credit for the scallops dinner and tomato/burrata salad. both were very good.Special Features:
- New Local w/Everything You'd ExpectcarsNfoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014...from a Ritz Carlton. Excellent valet geetings, doors being opened, pleasant and genuine greetings all the way through the evening. The food preperation and delivery is done behind glassed windows adding to a very cool experience. The menu is small but strong and seemingly updates often as in the two weeks between visits - new items showed. Ive been impressed and pleased the 4 times I've been & those who Im with too. Its worth much more than just a try - make it your destination, its solid all-around.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014Food is great, kid-friendly, and the service is amazing.Special Features:
- Not THE Ritz.WhirlygirlDined on 9/21/2014While the food and service were good, the room was lit for surgery which took away some of the ambience. The views, if you are lucky enough to have a select booth or sit outside, are outstanding. Expect plastic placemats and a rather green bartender. This restaurant is rather new so I expect them to amp up their game. After all, it is in the Ritz.Special Features:
- Improvement neededRAYMONDVIPDined on 9/21/2014The establishment carries a 5 star group identity but its F & B side requires overseeing. There is a lack of professionalism, speciality and presentation. The place is very appealing but that is about it!
- Excellent!DebraVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great spot, great food but a bit pricey. The French Fried Avocado is worth the trip alone!Special Features:
- Simply amazingJamesVIPDined on 9/9/2014I had my first visit to State Fare Bar & Kitchen for my birthday. It was so amazing. I would absolutely suggest it. Starting with the beautiful setting, seamless service and terrific food. It is hard to find consistent professional service in the Valley, but this was the exception. We had such personal care. Food delivery was not an "auction" of "whose is this?", but the food runners knew exactly where to place without interrupting our conversation. It was a fine ballet. Kamilah, our server, was so attentive and even offered some wine tastings as we loved the wine list. The icing on the cake, so so speak, was the complimentary dessert that was presented at the end of the meal without asking. Local food, amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good MealScudderVIPDined on 9/5/2014State Fare is a promising restaurant. Our meal was uniformly very good with excellent service. But not yet a great meal. The scallops were good but slightly overcooked. The risotto was tasty but not quite warm enough. Very minor issues. I'll definitely be back. Keep working on the restaurant and the menu, and I suspect it will be great soon. As a local, I'd also suggest adding more items that folks would want to eat regularly. I understand that's the intent of the burger, but as a non-red meat eater, the burger doesn't do it for me. How 'bout a fish sandwich? Or a simple pasta? Or a great salad?Special Features:
- They are BACK!In2HotSpotsROYGBIVVIPDined on 9/1/2014It is long awaited to have Ritz-Carlton back into the Palm Springs area and they have done the property name justice. Along with a wonderful property layout the restaurant is exceptional with a fantastic team to accommodate every request. The food is exceptional with every bite being better than before. Even if you are not staying at the property the access to the restaurant is easy and the environment is wonderful for a nice romantic evening with that special someone in your life. Enjoy!Special Features:
- OK food, good service, expensivePhilandHeatherVIPDined on 8/27/2014The prices are what you would expect for a hotel restaurant but I still feel like I got ripped off. First impressions are good, the bar and restaurant occupy a terrific location on the top of a hill at the end of Frank Sinatra Drive. The space is attractive and modern and the views are spectacular, its the best feature of the restaurant. The food was disappointing - The worst item was the Brie Mac and Cheese which sounds amazing but was truly awful - a watery tasteless sauce over strange curly pasta - no sign of any brie. The burger was tasty but very greasy and the fries were served cold. My wife had the catch of the day which was also disappointing. As locals we would love to return but at these prices we will be going elsewhere.Special Features:
- Service Suffers at RitzTAGOVIPDined on 8/25/2014The Ritz is a gorgeous experience and we enjoyed the view from the expansive patio. Expectations for the deluxe Ritz Carlton service fell far short of the view however. From the non-friendly and arrogant host, to the very slow service of our dinner, with long time gaps in between courses, our party of 4 skipped dessert and just wanted to leave. Servers seemed to be making an effort to be friendly, but did not provide attentive or efficient service. Food was good, I had the short rib, which was tasty and tender, but vegetables were mushy and over cooked. We wish this property the best but they will need to upgrade the restaurant to provide the classic Ritz Carlton experience.
- Denny's on the HillnyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We went for a special occasion, thinking it would be fine dining but it turned out to be an upscale coffee shop. Though perched atop the biggest hill in Rancho Mirage, the only real view was of the people having cocktails on the other side of the window and of the umbrella tops below. Food was OK, but gazpacho tasted like sweetened tomato juice with three small pieces of an indeterminate vegetable at the bottom. Big plus here is the service. Everyone was very friendly and the attention was consistent while not cloying. The steak house is apparently months away, but it would seem the area needs a top-quality fine dining restaurant, not merely another steak house. Clearly, however, it would have been far better than what we experienced.Special Features:
- A New Gem in the DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/22/2014Stumbled across this resturant not knowing anything about it. We have a condo down there, so didn't even think that this one was up at the Ritz Carltton.I usually don't like hotel resturants, but this one changes my mind. Our server, a great gal named Chloe, you must sit at her station when you go, she is great, knowledgeable, friendly, & helpful. . As for the food, what a great surprise. They are doing local as much as possible, & list their sources on the menu. Menu will of course change w/the seasons. The kitchen is a thing of beauty, large, all glass, nothing to hid. You can see everything going on. They have someone carving meat/cheese for platters, along w/small plates to try or large. Run there before the season starts. Go-quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NiteJ41M3Dined on 8/15/2014Selected this restaurant because it was my boyfriend's birthday. I was hoping it would fit the bill. It turned out to be the perfect place for this occasion. He was truly impressed with the food, service and the ambience. As was I. We will be back! State Fare Bar & Kitchen helped me make it a very special nite for my beau.Special Features:
- Best food in this areaStatsTeacherVIPDined on 8/14/2014Small menu, excellent quality. We had the burger and the lamb stew; both were well prepared and nicely presented. Service is top-notch. Best dishes we ate in our 3 day visit to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the State Fare Bar & Kitchen reviews archive.
- Prepare for a long waitQuennyDined on 7/19/2014The server kept apologizing that the kitchen "couldn't keep up." We spent three and one-half hours for dinner, with an hour and a quarter between salads and entrees. The entrees arrived lukewarm. There are no specials, and the server didn't bother to tell us that several of the menu items were unavailable until we had ordered them. Same for the deserts, those remaining being unappealing. Overall, the menu is very limited and the prices high.
- Good JobEllenVIPDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed our dinner. Service was excellent, food very good. We wil return.Special Features:
- Lively space, good foodMaselyDined on 7/18/2014Kudos to the chef for keeping a tightly focused menu. I had the Arugula salad which was excellent. Sadly I also ordered the Truffle & Brie Mac and Cheese which tasted neither of truffles nor brie. The service was excellent.