State Fare Bar & Kitchen
68900 Frank Sinatra Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
State Fare Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/RanchoMirage/Dining/StateFare/Default.htm
- Phone: 7603218282x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Al A Carte Menu
6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Breakfast Buffet Saturdays & Sundays
7:00am to 11:00 am
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday
5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bruno Lopez
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the State Fare Lounge on Fridays and Saturday nights.
A word from State Fare Bar & Kitchen
State Fare Kitchen pays tribute to California’s prized harvest and ingredients, inspired by offerings from the finest purveyors in the Coachella Valley, inland Southern California and the Pacific coast. Presenting the best of California for daily breakfast, lunch and supper, as well as Sunday brunch, the restaurant provides a fresh and creative California menu, a lively chefs’ display kitchen, a chef’s table and private dining room. The restaurant is highlighted by a choice of settings from intimate to lively, including a fireplace “snug”, private dining rooms, relaxed fireside patio dining and expansive terraces overlooking gardens and pools.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
State Fare Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (13)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Excellent!DebraDined on 9/17/2014Great spot, great food but a bit pricey. The French Fried Avocado is worth the trip alone!Special Features:
- Simply amazingJamesDined on 9/9/2014I had my first visit to State Fare Bar & Kitchen for my birthday. It was so amazing. I would absolutely suggest it. Starting with the beautiful setting, seamless service and terrific food. It is hard to find consistent professional service in the Valley, but this was the exception. We had such personal care. Food delivery was not an "auction" of "whose is this?", but the food runners knew exactly where to place without interrupting our conversation. It was a fine ballet. Kamilah, our server, was so attentive and even offered some wine tastings as we loved the wine list. The icing on the cake, so so speak, was the complimentary dessert that was presented at the end of the meal without asking. Local food, amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good MealScudderVIPDined on 9/5/2014State Fare is a promising restaurant. Our meal was uniformly very good with excellent service. But not yet a great meal. The scallops were good but slightly overcooked. The risotto was tasty but not quite warm enough. Very minor issues. I'll definitely be back. Keep working on the restaurant and the menu, and I suspect it will be great soon. As a local, I'd also suggest adding more items that folks would want to eat regularly. I understand that's the intent of the burger, but as a non-red meat eater, the burger doesn't do it for me. How 'bout a fish sandwich? Or a simple pasta? Or a great salad?Special Features:
- They are BACK!In2HotSpotsROYGBIVVIPDined on 9/1/2014It is long awaited to have Ritz-Carlton back into the Palm Springs area and they have done the property name justice. Along with a wonderful property layout the restaurant is exceptional with a fantastic team to accommodate every request. The food is exceptional with every bite being better than before. Even if you are not staying at the property the access to the restaurant is easy and the environment is wonderful for a nice romantic evening with that special someone in your life. Enjoy!Special Features:
- OK food, good service, expensivePhilandHeatherVIPDined on 8/27/2014The prices are what you would expect for a hotel restaurant but I still feel like I got ripped off. First impressions are good, the bar and restaurant occupy a terrific location on the top of a hill at the end of Frank Sinatra Drive. The space is attractive and modern and the views are spectacular, its the best feature of the restaurant. The food was disappointing - The worst item was the Brie Mac and Cheese which sounds amazing but was truly awful - a watery tasteless sauce over strange curly pasta - no sign of any brie. The burger was tasty but very greasy and the fries were served cold. My wife had the catch of the day which was also disappointing. As locals we would love to return but at these prices we will be going elsewhere.Special Features:
- Service Suffers at RitzTAGOVIPDined on 8/25/2014The Ritz is a gorgeous experience and we enjoyed the view from the expansive patio. Expectations for the deluxe Ritz Carlton service fell far short of the view however. From the non-friendly and arrogant host, to the very slow service of our dinner, with long time gaps in between courses, our party of 4 skipped dessert and just wanted to leave. Servers seemed to be making an effort to be friendly, but did not provide attentive or efficient service. Food was good, I had the short rib, which was tasty and tender, but vegetables were mushy and over cooked. We wish this property the best but they will need to upgrade the restaurant to provide the classic Ritz Carlton experience.
- Denny's on the HillnyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We went for a special occasion, thinking it would be fine dining but it turned out to be an upscale coffee shop. Though perched atop the biggest hill in Rancho Mirage, the only real view was of the people having cocktails on the other side of the window and of the umbrella tops below. Food was OK, but gazpacho tasted like sweetened tomato juice with three small pieces of an indeterminate vegetable at the bottom. Big plus here is the service. Everyone was very friendly and the attention was consistent while not cloying. The steak house is apparently months away, but it would seem the area needs a top-quality fine dining restaurant, not merely another steak house. Clearly, however, it would have been far better than what we experienced.Special Features:
- A New Gem in the DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/22/2014Stumbled across this resturant not knowing anything about it. We have a condo down there, so didn't even think that this one was up at the Ritz Carltton.I usually don't like hotel resturants, but this one changes my mind. Our server, a great gal named Chloe, you must sit at her station when you go, she is great, knowledgeable, friendly, & helpful. . As for the food, what a great surprise. They are doing local as much as possible, & list their sources on the menu. Menu will of course change w/the seasons. The kitchen is a thing of beauty, large, all glass, nothing to hid. You can see everything going on. They have someone carving meat/cheese for platters, along w/small plates to try or large. Run there before the season starts. Go-quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NiteJ41M3Dined on 8/15/2014Selected this restaurant because it was my boyfriend's birthday. I was hoping it would fit the bill. It turned out to be the perfect place for this occasion. He was truly impressed with the food, service and the ambience. As was I. We will be back! State Fare Bar & Kitchen helped me make it a very special nite for my beau.Special Features:
- Best food in this areaStatsTeacherVIPDined on 8/14/2014Small menu, excellent quality. We had the burger and the lamb stew; both were well prepared and nicely presented. Service is top-notch. Best dishes we ate in our 3 day visit to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prepare for a long waitQuennyDined on 7/19/2014The server kept apologizing that the kitchen "couldn't keep up." We spent three and one-half hours for dinner, with an hour and a quarter between salads and entrees. The entrees arrived lukewarm. There are no specials, and the server didn't bother to tell us that several of the menu items were unavailable until we had ordered them. Same for the deserts, those remaining being unappealing. Overall, the menu is very limited and the prices high.
- Good JobEllenVIPDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed our dinner. Service was excellent, food very good. We wil return.Special Features:
- Lively space, good foodMaselyDined on 7/18/2014Kudos to the chef for keeping a tightly focused menu. I had the Arugula salad which was excellent. Sadly I also ordered the Truffle & Brie Mac and Cheese which tasted neither of truffles nor brie. The service was excellent.
- The following 0 reviews are from the State Fare Bar & Kitchen reviews archive.