State Cafe & Grill
14-16 South 5th Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
State Cafe & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.statecafeandgrill.com/
- Phone: 6102588388
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Saturday 11:30am - 9:00pm Open Sunday's for theater shows.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering available, please contact us at 610-258-8388 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Consider State Cafe & Grill in Downtown Historic Easton, PA the destination for your next social or corporate event. Whether it"s an intimate party of 15, a grand event for 75, a themed cocktail party or an elegant dinner, State Cafe & Grill is the ideal setting for an unforgettable private party or special event. Event options include: Live Music: Jazz, Latin, and Rock. Wine Expert: wine experts can guide your guests through wine tastings which can also be paired with dinner options. Decor: ice sculptures, custom floral & linen services as well as professional decorating can be accommodated upon request. Contact us today to book your special event!
- Private Party Contact: Melanie 6102588388
- Entertainment: Check us out on facebook / twitter for upcoming events...
A word from State Cafe & Grill
American cuisine with a cosmopolitan twist. Martinis, margaritas, mojitos, wine and more...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
State Cafe & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Everytime I visit State TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Everytime I visit State Theatre for a show we alays go there. Everyone is so nice , I would recommend this place to anyone .Special Features:
- It was very crowded due toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012It was very crowded due to Yanni at the State Theater. Food was good. Only negative is that 4 people (out of 5) ordered the flank steak. One person (not sure why) got considerable less food on their plate - 1/2 the steak and veggies the others got. But plenty of potatoes. Won't stop us from going again.Special Features:
- We have been to the StateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012We have been to the State Cafe & Grill previously and the food and service was excellent. We went this time and they changed the menu and removed some of our favorites - like the grilled pork chop and the bar-b-que'd chicken breast. The sevice was poor to say the least. I asked for cofee 3 times and still did not get any. It may be awhile before I go back.Special Features:
- I thought my mojito was aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012I thought my mojito was a little flat. I had checked the menu on-line before making the reservation and I had chosen an entree which was not offered on the menu that evening. Perfect restaurant for attending a show at the State Theater.Special Features:
- We had reservations for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012We had reservations for dinner on Saturday, June 5th at 6:30 pm. We arrived at the restaurant promptly at 6:25 pm. Upoin our arrival we were quite take back at the condition of the restaurant. The restaurant did not have the slightest resemblance to the scenes on the web page. We were directed to a table by a very confused hostess. We waited 20 minutes before a witress came to take our order. We had to ask for service. The table was sticky and the service was very poor. The food when it finally came was substandard. Our utensils were removed from the table we need to ask for spoons to use for coffee. We will never reserve there again. Very poor rating overall.
- Convenient to the State Theater.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2012Convenient to the State Theater. I had heard positive things about the State Cafe a number of times and decided it was time to see for myself. We made reservations for 6:30 before a 8:00 show at the theater, assuming we would have enough time to enjoy our meal. We got the tropical salad with chicken to share as an appetizer. It was very large and was quite good. We waited at least another 35 minutes before we got our meals. It was already 7:30. I had the lobster ravioli; it was covered in a very thick, somewhat tasteless sauce. The ravioli had no distinguishable lobster flavor at all. My husband had the skirt steak. He ordered it medium rare but it was overbooked to well done. It was as tough as shoe leather. We will not return!
- I have been at the State CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012I have been at the State Cafe & Grill several times. It is a perfect place for a nice dinner before the theater! I try a new dish each time I visit and I haven't been disappointed with any of it! Especially love the State Cosmo!!!Special Features:
- There prior to a show at StateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2012There prior to a show at State Theater. Seated at time of reservations. Crowded because of theater crowd, and tables a little close together. New menu - excellent selection. I order fish without the Mornay sauce, and it was delivered that way. My husband's steak was excellent and done the way he liked it. Good drinks. It was hectic but the service was good also. Would definitely recommend, and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great for special occassions!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012Food was excellent, Ian provided wonderful service and also makes a mean martini. We chose State Cafe for a special family event and it exceeded our high expectations in every way.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2012We really enjoyed our time. We made reservations for 5:30 to see a 7:00 show at the State Theatre. I had skirt steak and my husband had the veal. I would highly recommend these dishes. We look forward to trying other menu items on our next visit. Overall, I'd say it was fresh, fast and fun.Special Features:
- I loved the restaurant butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2012I loved the restaurant but when I made the reservation on line I noted that we had tickets for the theatre at 7PM-our reservation was for 6 and even told our waiter who was wonderful that we had tickets for the 7PM show-we had to take our food with us as we did not have enough time to eat our meals. Two of the meals ordered were salads. I would go back again and really enjoyed the restaurant-just wish I would have had time to eat and not have to looking at my watch the entire time I was there.
- We went on a Tuesday nightConfectionsByLizDined on 5/1/2012We went on a Tuesday night before a show. Service was extremely slow - I think it was just our server as others that arrived after, left well before us. We ordered the tropical salad without the oranges but the salads came out with out any fruit and just some half walnuts and cranberries dropped on it. I didn't figure out what was missing until later so in fairness I didn't tell them but I don't know how they got from no oranges to no fruit at all. And the walnut were really too big in size to be eaten in a salad - they should have been chopped - at least some.
- We certainly enjoyed our timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2012We certainly enjoyed our time at the State Cafe & Grill though 1 meal was disappointing as it was incorrectly described on the menu, the other three dinners were very good & were thoroughly enjoyed. Service could use some work, they certainly were pleasant enough,just not speedy nor very familiar with the Menu items. I would recommend as the food was quite good.Special Features:
- food is the reason to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012i love this restaurant for the food alone. it is a very small & intimate place. the wait staff needs to be improved.Special Features:
- It was a pub crawl night soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012It was a pub crawl night so the noise level was higher than usual for this establishment.Special Features:
- Great Stop Before A Show.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2012I have always wanted to give the State Cafe and Grill a try and glad I did. My group was running late and the staff was very forgiving for our tardiness. We were pressed for time and our waitress made sure we had everything we needed in a timely fashion. The atmosphere was fun and inviting. The décor was modern. Everyone enjoyed their food and drinks. Would definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Excellent restaurant for dinner when attending a show at The State TheatreSpecial Features:
- This restaurant was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012This restaurant was recommended to us because we were going to attend the State Theatre. It was a great experience with good food & good service. We will visit again. This is a real center city gem!Special Features:
- Overall it was a great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2012Overall it was a great dining experience… Very friendly staff, great service and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Food and service were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Food and service were great! The weather was very nice and so having doors and windows open was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Food and service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2012Food and service was outstanding. Hard to hold a conversation over others.Special Features:
- We had tickets to see RiverDanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012We had tickets to see RiverDance at the State Theatre and wanted a restaurant near by so we decided to give the State Cafe and Grill a try. We were very pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was terrific and our food outstanding. We would definitely come back. The whole atmosphere is very warm and cozy.Special Features:
- Great service and food. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Great service and food. They really aim to please. The owners are charming and always accommodating.Special Features:
- Good Food - Incompetent ServiceNJBasedVIPDined on 3/31/2012Good food, but the experience was ruined by totally incompetent service. Although the restaurant was crowded, we had reservations and were seated promptly, and had our order taken. After waiting a 1/2 hour for anything to be placed on our table (and watching others seated after us served) we spoke to the waiter about the service. We then had, in the space of 10 minutes, 1st our appetizers, then our "pre-dinner drinks", then our entrees all delivered to us - in a 10 minute span. No apologies, just a smirk, from the male server.Very unfortunate, because the food was good. I'm not sure if they borrowed this waiter from a local carwash for the evening, but this example of their wait staff could use at least some rudimentary training.
- The Special, NY Strip, wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012The Special, NY Strip, was the worst cut of meat I've ever had - all gristle and fat. I spoke to other couples exiting the restaurant and they all said this was typical. The braised pork chops were dry and over "spiced" - too much herb mix. I won't be going back any time soon and neither should you.
- The food was very good; aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012The food was very good; a taste of everything. The waiter was great!Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012Food was excellent. There were three of us and we all ordered something different. One of us had skirt steak, another pork chops with apricot glaze and I had chicken breast with barbecue sauce. For dessert we tried the chocolate cake. Another good choice.Special Features:
- I have been to the State CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012I have been to the State Cafe & Grill 3 times and each time I've thoroughly enjoyed the food. It is a wonderful place to have dinner before going to a show at the State Theatre. I'll be back!Special Features:
- highly recommend: moody blueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012highly recommend: moody blue martini charming little place. excellent service.
- Food was amazing. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Food was amazing. Service was superb! It was a great experience.Special Features:
- while it was a bit loud andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012while it was a bit loud and very busy due to those of us heading to the show at the theatre, our waiter, Ian, was remarkable. He kept the older members of our party joking around, who were concerned we wouldn't finish in time, and put all of us at ease. Would head there again, but maybe make the reservation a little earlier. Thanks !Special Features:
- Great food....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2012We were there before the show at the state theatre, restaurant was really busy, great food, great service. We will be back...Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I had aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2012My girlfriend and I had a great time. Service was fantastic, they made great suggestions and were extremely personable. Although it was a casual environment, the food was fantastic and prepared perfectly. Cocktails were unique and very good. We went on a Saturday night and I couldn't believe that such a great place wasn't packed. I hope they do well and stick around, we'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- We've been here several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2012We've been here several times, and the overall quality seems to be going down hill. Our waiter (Ian) was not having a good night, which didn't help.
- We were treated like VIPs,DavooDined on 2/18/2012We were treated like VIPs, excellent service made us feel special.Special Features:
- The management was friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012The management was friendly and inviting with an upbeat atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bad Service- Long Wait TimesMaverickDined on 2/17/2012Very dissapointed! Considering this restaurant is recommended on the State Theatre website, the staff has no concept of fast service prior to show times. When we arrived, 1.5 hrs before show time, we made it very clear to our waitress that we had a show to catch and were in a hurry. The food took very long to come out, leaving us with only 30 minutes to eat & get out. Also, there were 6 of us in the party. My meal was incorrect. When I mentioned it to the waitress all I got was an "I'm Sorry". There was no offer to correct the mistake or take the meal off of the check. Overall, poor service, semi-decent food.
- Nice place !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012Caught dinner and a show. This was our first time there...we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012This was my first time to State cafe and Grill. I was so happy with everything, the food, drink specials and the service were awesome. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Food was very good. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012Food was very good. We were going to the show and our server made sure we stayed on schedule. Drinks were also very good! I will definitely be back!Special Features: