308 Watkins Lane
St. Michaels, MD 21663Neighborhood:
St Michaels / Tilghman Island
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.perrycabin.com/
- Phone: 4107452200x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:00am-10:00am, Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm-2:30pm; Dinner: 6:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Chef Daniel Pochron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private events for 10 to 120 guests
- Private Party Contact: Sales Staff 4107452200x
- Entertainment: Jazz Nights are Back!
Join us at The Inn at Perry Cabin this winter for a few weekends filled with legendary food and live jazz. Chef Daniel Pochron will be sure to dazzle, while the Eric Felten Trio will delight.
Named "a rising star on the international jazz scene" by PBS, Felten's crooning style and big band sound offer a nod to classic American pop music. The winter jazz weekend series will be on Saturdays at Sherwood's Landing.
This winter, turn the winter blahs into something to look forward to with our jazz weekend series.
A word from Stars
Water front dining featuring the riches of the Chesapeake region. Fresh local produce and seafood are served daily while enjoying the view of the beautiful miles river.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stars reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (68)romantic (56)special occasion (54)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (25)great for brunch (24)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Just wonderful. Rebecca the waitress was the best.
- Underwhelming serviceYumfortwoDined on 8/12/2014Given the ambience at the Inn at Perry Cabin and the prices on the menu, we had high expectations for both food and service and we were sorely disappointed. The server spilled water, oyster liquid, and ice on my husband over the course of the meal. We are quite forgiving, and it could have happened to anyone; however, combined with the lack of attention to our table, slow service (up to 20 minutes between courses), and general lack of attention to detail (never asked how I wanted my steak), we we're put off of our experience as a whole. We expected more from a place that charges upwards of $40 for an entree. Food was good, and though they comp'ed out drinks, it did NOT make up for the poor service experience and we will not be returning.Special Features:
- Great SettingmxxmDined on 8/3/2014A very elegant restaurant in great setting with great views of the bay. We went on a Sunday when there were only a handful of tables occupied. Our server had no other tables so service was excellent and the meal was paced perfectly. Overall the meal was excellent, especially our entrees. Our desert (apple pie) was kind of ordinary, but that is not unusual in many high end restaurants. The prices are definitely high but you are paying a premium for the setting and the view. Definitely a place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Awesome views and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014The food at the Stars is some of the most wonderfully prepared food we've ever had in any restaurant. We had the Chef's Tasting Menu and savored every single dish. The service was impeccable. The atmosphere is relaxing and you have great views of the water. This is one of our favorite restaurants in all of the US and we do travel a lot.Special Features:
- Superb lunch menuFrench4meDined on 7/31/2014Star restaurant did an excellent job all around to make our 10yr anniversary lunch special. The Choptank oysters were delicious as well as the chef's specials. The price is also extremely reasonable for the high quality food and atmosphere. The wait staff was very accommodating too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but be ready to pay...SellithardVIPDined on 7/30/2014No issues with food, service or atmosphere. However, $400 for my wife and I to eat good, but not special, food seems high. Halibut and soft shells. Could get soft shells back in Baltimore equally as good at less than half the price. But then again, you don't go here just for the food.....Special Features:
- Stars Restaurant in St Michaels MDDeeBDined on 7/28/2014There were flies everywhere that landed on our bodies and our food. I read about the fly issue on Trip Advisor but dismissed it. Our server was awful. I ordered an oyster appetizer. The soups came and went, flies and all, but my oysters never arrived. Our server disappeared for long intervals. I read about the slow service on Trip Advisor but dismissed it. I asked her where my oysters were. She said she didn't know I ordered them. The tap water served has an odd taste to it. I read about the water issue on Trip Advisor but dismissed it. For a quality inn this restaurant was lacking-good food, poor and slow service, too high priced for what you get in return. Low class treatment from a supposedly high class venues. People do read reviews.Special Features:
- Easy and DeliciousStilettolexyDined on 7/27/2014Little pretention, educated and sophisticated staff with the food that lives up to the standards you expect. I am impressed with how relaxed they are. It puts you at ease as well. I went for brunch and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Expected betterdiningarchitectDined on 7/26/2014For the prices that they charge, the food should have really impressed. My halibut dish was overcooked. The tuna twoway was good but didn't really taste a difference between fhe two ways except in shape of cut. While view of harbor was nice, the character of the place would be improved with fewer tables. They crammed too many in which makes it noisy and hard to serve. Many tables were empty anyway.... probably for good reason. Other items were good but didnt blow me away. Maybe at half the price it would have been fine, but I felt they were pretending to be better than they are.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantDaveDined on 7/23/2014We went to Stars for lunch because dinner there is so expensive and we were not disappointed. The food was amazing and the service stellar. We had a window seat and the view was awesome. We would definitely visit Stars again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service still disappointingWorldTraveler43Dined on 7/17/2014Food good but service was slow and not up to standards in professionalism in what you should expect from a landmark hotel restaurant. I would not eat here again because of it.
- YumYumVIPDined on 7/17/2014breakfast amazing as always. really love the salmon plate and the crab omelet was done perfectly today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 7/14/2014Really enjoyed breakfast on our second day of stay at Perry Cabin. The salmon plate was again very good as was the side of berries. The crab omelet was full of tasty crab meat and could have eaten independent of the eggs. Overall still very good and easily the best choice in the area for breakfast.Special Features:
- Excellent Setting for AnniversaryExcellentSettingGoodFoodDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I had a great time dining here but I would say two negatives I had was... 1. The crab cakes were a little dry and overcooked, meanwhile the steak was excellent 2. There should be a no cell phone policy or all phones must be on silent... there was a woman who's phone continued to chirp the whole throughout dinner. I know this is not the restaurants fault but they could have asked her to turn the volume down. I noticed numerous couples irritated by the phone yet she was oblivious to her surroundings.Special Features:
- YumYumVIPDined on 7/13/2014great view from either inside the restaurant or when eating out on the Terrace. Service is always top notch. We really enjoyed the salmon platter on a bagel as well as the Green Eggs and Ham. Hearty portions and very good. The side of berries was also very good as filled to the top. Breakfast is not cheap but a great start to the day when staying at or visiting the Inn at Perry CabinSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I thought that everyone was friendly. My husband and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary. Enjoyed the table overlooking the water front. The gardens were beautiful and very well groomed. The food was good. Overall the experience was a positive one. I would come back again.Special Features:
- New name, great restaurantmweintrDined on 7/7/2014Sometime before our visit, the restaurant changed owners and names, so it was a bit confusing as to what restaurant we had made our reservation. However, everything was ideal. We didn't get seated by the window, but only because those tables were all occupied before my wife and I arrived for our dinner. We celebrated our honeymoon on Tilghman Island, a short drive from Saint Michael's and this restaurant. The staff was excellent, everyone congratulated my wife and me, and the food was spectacular. I had the softshell crabs special, and my wife had the crab cakes. The tuna two ways starter was superb, and we finished our meal with delicious coffee (served in individual french press pots) and crème brulée. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- JKburnbraeDined on 7/6/2014Every aspect of the experience was first rate. Plan to make it a regular visit and know we will not be dissapointedSpecial Features:
- Amazing FoodecfoodieDined on 7/3/2014Their food is excellent and literally everything on the menu is delicious. Hands down one of the best places to eat in the state.Special Features:
- Independence Day Holiday Weekend'14DockandDineVIPDined on 7/3/2014Stayed at the Harbor Inn nearby, unable to get a boat slip here for the holiday. Very limited and only shore power at the end of the T-Dock. Hotel and Grounds were lovely, picture perfect. Stars did not disappoint. First rate chef and pleasant staff. You feel welcome from the moment you walk into the door and its difficult to leave. Most tables have an excellent water view. Even with our 3 year old we found it romantic. St. Michaels would not be the same without Stars and the Inn at Perry Cabin.Special Features:
- Outstanding Viewafstv31Dined on 6/30/2014The view is outstanding- no question. While the food was solidly good and ingredients fresh, I think it's a little overrated - especially given the prices. Additionally, if you're used to truly outstanding food from cities like New York, Philly or LA, you'll likely have a similar feeling...Overall, you're paying for the unique and beautiful spot.Special Features:
- Great Meal; A Bit PriceyMontyRockIIIVIPDined on 6/28/2014"Stars" is the new name of the restaurant at the Inn at Perry Cabin. My wife and I had our 35th Anniversary dinner there on 6/28, while staying at the Inn. We had the tasting menu, which was quite innovative. The wine pairings, however, were hit-or-miss. This restaurant's view is just outstanding. We acknowledge that this is a top-of-the-line restaurant, but the believe the entrees were a tad overpriced. Recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Food was delicious but only after waiting two hours - slow service is an understatement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!RingtheBellsDined on 6/21/2014We went here to celebrate our engagement. It was incredible. The view, the food, and the service was absolutely spot on. I highly recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great special occasion dinnerTomSDined on 6/15/2014While staying at Perry Cabin we always try to have one dinner at the Landing. It is never a disappointment, great food, excellent service and a beautiful view of the grounds and waterSpecial Features:
- Enchanted Breakfast SettingKateInDCVIPDined on 6/12/2014There is no better way to start the day than looking across the lawn at the water, docks and boats from the beautiful restaurant in the Inn at Perry Cabin. Service is attentive and you can have a "healthy" or "indulgent" start to your day. The cappuccino is lovely. Ahhhh. . .!Special Features:
- Wow.SonotdonutDined on 6/10/2014I took my mom here for her 60th birthday while we were staying in St michaels- couldn't have been more perfect for that occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menu was ExcellentMiddleAgefoodieDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I had dinner at Sherwood's Landing while staying at the Inn. We decided on the tasting menu with the wine pairings and we not disappointed. Everything was outstanding from the local fresh salad , the seared diver scallop on a crispy risotto cake, to the duo of duck consisting of a confit pot sticker and roasted foie gras with a mixed berry gastriquie. The main course was grilled filet with a lobster and wild mushroom fricasse. The presentation was beautiful. We had a window table overlooking the lawn and harbour. The wines paired very well with each dish. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidVIPDined on 5/25/2014Food, ambiance, waitstaff were all fantastic. Fancy, without being stuffy. Formal, yet also relaxed. A bit pricey, but well worth it. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great spotChristinaDined on 5/25/2014We went with friends while visiting St. Michael's. Fun to see where Wedding Crashers was filmed, and the food and service were both excellent. Beautiful spot!Special Features:
- Exceptional, and worth it!MarginallyUsefulVIPDined on 5/25/2014Beautiful elegant room, wonderful harbor views, terrific bread and uniformly excellent entrees. Polished service. Reasonably priced when you consider the total experience. You won't regret going here in any respect.Special Features:
- special anniversaryluvtocookbutluvtoeatoutDined on 5/19/2014When we arrived at the hostess desk, we were asked if our visit was for a special occasion. We mentioned it was for our wedding anniversary. Our dinner was delicious and the service perfect. At the end of our dinner, they brought us flutes of champagne and a lovely cake assortment with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. What a nice surprise and it was delicious as well!!Special Features:
- feedmeDined on 5/18/2014Our anniversary dinner was made special by the outstanding service and excellent food. A memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem on the Eastern ShoremoviestarVIPDined on 5/17/2014Talbot County Maryland has many notable,fine dining restaurant offering the best of local and international cuisine. Sherwood Landing in Saint Michael's is the crown jewel of those notable establishments. Unlike many fine dining restaurant, Sherwood Landing offers the best of local products presented with flair and in an adequate amount. Many "fine-dining" restaurants present local organic products in a sampling size but charges the same as a full price menu. Quality, excellence in preparation, outstanding setting and reasonable price- all in one package at Sherwood Landing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch PerfectionKateInDCVIPDined on 5/11/2014The view, the magnificent buffet, the pianist and the gracious service -- what more could any mom ask for on Mother's Day? Sherwood's Landing swept my mother-in-law off her feet and gave my husband and me the loveliest of brunches, too. The selection on the buffet, which was always beautifully refreshed and lovely, was full of delights for all of our tastes. And the tasting size selection of desserts meant we could try a little of many treats -- or go back for more of our favorites! A perfectly leisurely, delicious and elegant meal.Special Features:
- Great ResturantJHCDEHDined on 5/9/2014We went here for a special occasion and the food was incredible as was the service. Although expensive, for the quality of food it was well worth it. We had the crab soup, raw oysters, bisuits and gravy, and the baked artichokes. The biscuits and gravy were incredibly rich (oyster stew as the gravy). The butter poached lobster was also very rich and delicious. All-in all I would recommend this restaurant for any kind of special occasion or a nice overall dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, romatic settingMarginallyUsefulVIPDined on 5/4/2014With big picture windows overlooking the manicured grounds and docks and sailboats, this is a very romantic restaurant -- with handsome interior decoration and excellent food to match. Professional, gracious service (you can tell there's serious training and management attention). Great for brunch. It attracts a generally elegant and slightly older crowd - but not always, as often the hotel hosts a wedding and the guests spend the weekend, so the crowd can be mixed. If you are staying at the hotel or on the Eastern Shore generally, this is definitely a "destination restaurant" you would want to try. Prices are reasonable given the setting.Special Features:
- PapermillfunDined on 5/2/2014Yum and lovely! We had a group that was celebrating 50 we had the fabulous tasting menu and other delicious meal offerings. The cheddar biscuits were awesomeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/27/2014Sherwood's Landing was one of the most beautiful restaurants we have ever eaten. The view was spectacular with the wall of windows overlooking the Chesapeake. The food was outstanding as well, from breakfast to dinner! Very nice wine list. The staff were so polite and referred to us by our name on all but one meal. We will surely visit the Inn at Perry Cabin again and when we do will most certainly dine as often as possible at Sherwoods Landing! Thank You!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting; enjoyable cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014We expected a good meal and were not disappointed. The views on a sunny day certainly make everything even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 437 reviews are from the Stars reviews archive.