308 Watkins Lane
St. Michaels, MD 21663Neighborhood:
St Michaels / Tilghman Island
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.perrycabin.com/
- Phone: (410) 745-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:00am-10:00am, Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm-2:30pm; Dinner: 6:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Chef Daniel Pochron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private events for 10 to 120 guests
- Private Party Contact: Sales Staff 4107452200x
- Entertainment: Jazz Nights are Back!
Join us at The Inn at Perry Cabin this winter for a few weekends filled with legendary food and live jazz. Chef Daniel Pochron will be sure to dazzle, while the Eric Felten Trio will delight.
Named "a rising star on the international jazz scene" by PBS, Felten's crooning style and big band sound offer a nod to classic American pop music. The winter jazz weekend series will be on Saturdays at Sherwood's Landing.
This winter, turn the winter blahs into something to look forward to with our jazz weekend series.
A word from Stars
Water front dining featuring the riches of the Chesapeake region. Fresh local produce and seafood are served daily while enjoying the view of the beautiful miles river.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Stars reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)scenic view (46)romantic (45)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (24)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (10)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Beautiful venue, service lacking.grammyDined on 11/1/2014This is 75% destination as the restaurant, not a local's place. The food is very good, the views wonderful but the service borders on terrible. The wait staff in untrained, but friendly. None the less you feel forgotten most of the time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The was our first return visit to Stars and we were not disappointed. The food, service and ambience was just perfect for our special birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sammy1Dined on 10/26/2014Amazing night. Everything was beyond belief for the night, thanks for such a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dwrdinerVIPDined on 10/26/2014Food was good, however the fall menu seemed like the chef was trying too hard to be special. There were a few too many flavors added to an otherwise interestingly good, solid menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service minifies experienceLeavingVegasVIPDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful room, beautiful view, small but adequate menu, great wine list. Pricey, but not unexpectedly so. What should have been a great experience was minified by a rather indifferent, insincere, impatient waiter. Perhaps we drew a short straw, but a downer none the less.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDavidVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food, service and ambiance made the evening a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceSatisfied2VIPDined on 10/8/2014The food was delicious, the service superb. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!LoracDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I went to Stars to celebrate our anniversary. The service was outstanding and the food was beyond delicious. We ordered the cream of crab soup and it really is the very best that we have ever had. As Marylanders, we tend to be picky about anything with crab and the soup was divine. We have actually gone to the restaurant in the past when we're in the area just for the crab soup! Our meal was over the top. The salmon and crab cake dinners were so tasty and we had the triple cheesecake for dessert. They even wrote "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on our dessert plate. Lovely dinner and excellent waitstaff. We will definitely return! Everyone addressed us by name and congratulated us on our anniversary.Special Features:
- What a treat!!!LegalladyDined on 10/4/2014We had lunch at Stars for my daughter's 14th birthday. It was our second time dining at this establishment and every time we go, everything is perfect. Our server was an extremely pleasant lady who responded to our every desire. We had drinks, lunch and Stars served up a cake that we brought with us. The Chef added berries and a pretty sauce (we still don't know what it was but we licked our plates clean!) They added candles to the cake and we sang Happy Birthday. The view is amazing and even though it was a bit nippy outside, they have huge fire pits and standing heaters so you can sit outside and watch the boats rolling by. It was an amazing experience. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, but not perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband & I celebrated our 30th anniversary in St. Michaels & had dinner here one night. We were warmly greeted & given a beautiful window seat overlooking the lawn & water. I had the tasting menu & my husband chose from the a la carte menu. The food was very good except for my filet which was overcooked. I asked for it "pink but warm" while he asked for his medium rare. Think the problem may have been that my smaller portion was sliced horizontally, ilo vertically but maybe the wait staff got the orders mixed up. Either way that was the only disappointment in the food. My only other comment would be that we had dinner in town our 2nd night and the food was equally as good, if not better, and our bill with tip was half a muchSpecial Features:
- Great for a special birthdayBobRDined on 9/15/2014My wife treated me and some friends to a my 70th birthday celebration, and it was a wonderful evening. Don't be fooled; its not just for old folks! There were groups of all ages enjoying the food, view, and service. Can't wait to get back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A BESTDaveCDined on 9/14/2014Stars is one great restaurant. Everything we have tried has been for the most part excellent, with a few very goods thrown in. During this visit, our friendly waiter Teddy, was able to recite the daily specials for about five minutes, convincing us to try one instead of the main menu. Our other choices from entree to dessert were exceptional in flavor and appearance. It's a bit pricey, but for a special occasion wonderful. Go there!Special Features:
- Did Not Disappointhti100Dined on 9/6/2014We had one of the best dinners of our lives at Stars. We celebrated our anniversary with them and they made a memorable impression. We did the Chef's Tasting with Wine Pairings and we're glad we did. Everything was delicious and spot-on, including our server.Special Features:
- The tasting menu was fabulousmbarVIPDined on 9/6/2014The tasting menu was spectacular. Everything was excited so well for our group.Special Features:
- What a great restaurantStanVIPDined on 9/5/2014Stars deserves top honors- from the food to the great service and very comfortable dining room-what a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating!KarenDined on 8/29/2014Stars was lovely. The service was precise and the food, outstanding. Highly recommend the lamb with chickpea salad...and if they have heirloom tomatoes, be sure to order them. Divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food/beautiful settingLisaDined on 8/29/2014We had our anniversary dinner here with delectable food, but very Impersonable wait staff. Hostess and Maitre'd were very accommodating, but our server was not very pleasant. The views of the Miles River were gorgeous and our soft shell crab and filet were like butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stars RestaurantCentrevilleDined on 8/28/2014Excellent overall experience. Particularly the setting and view of the Miles River.Special Features:
- A special dining experiencePhyllisDined on 8/23/2014This was among the finest dining experiences particularly due to the incredibly personalized attention by rthe entire stafff. They went above and beyond in accommodating our GF diet with freshly baked rolls and modifications to menu items. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Just wonderful. Rebecca the waitress was the best.
- Underwhelming serviceYumfortwoDined on 8/12/2014Given the ambience at the Inn at Perry Cabin and the prices on the menu, we had high expectations for both food and service and we were sorely disappointed. The server spilled water, oyster liquid, and ice on my husband over the course of the meal. We are quite forgiving, and it could have happened to anyone; however, combined with the lack of attention to our table, slow service (up to 20 minutes between courses), and general lack of attention to detail (never asked how I wanted my steak), we we're put off of our experience as a whole. We expected more from a place that charges upwards of $40 for an entree. Food was good, and though they comp'ed out drinks, it did NOT make up for the poor service experience and we will not be returning.Special Features:
- Great SettingmxxmDined on 8/3/2014A very elegant restaurant in great setting with great views of the bay. We went on a Sunday when there were only a handful of tables occupied. Our server had no other tables so service was excellent and the meal was paced perfectly. Overall the meal was excellent, especially our entrees. Our desert (apple pie) was kind of ordinary, but that is not unusual in many high end restaurants. The prices are definitely high but you are paying a premium for the setting and the view. Definitely a place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Awesome views and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014The food at the Stars is some of the most wonderfully prepared food we've ever had in any restaurant. We had the Chef's Tasting Menu and savored every single dish. The service was impeccable. The atmosphere is relaxing and you have great views of the water. This is one of our favorite restaurants in all of the US and we do travel a lot.Special Features:
- Superb lunch menuFrench4meDined on 7/31/2014Star restaurant did an excellent job all around to make our 10yr anniversary lunch special. The Choptank oysters were delicious as well as the chef's specials. The price is also extremely reasonable for the high quality food and atmosphere. The wait staff was very accommodating too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 472 reviews are from the Stars reviews archive.
- Very good, but be ready to pay...SellithardVIPDined on 7/30/2014No issues with food, service or atmosphere. However, $400 for my wife and I to eat good, but not special, food seems high. Halibut and soft shells. Could get soft shells back in Baltimore equally as good at less than half the price. But then again, you don't go here just for the food.....Special Features:
- Stars Restaurant in St Michaels MDDeeBDined on 7/28/2014There were flies everywhere that landed on our bodies and our food. I read about the fly issue on Trip Advisor but dismissed it. Our server was awful. I ordered an oyster appetizer. The soups came and went, flies and all, but my oysters never arrived. Our server disappeared for long intervals. I read about the slow service on Trip Advisor but dismissed it. I asked her where my oysters were. She said she didn't know I ordered them. The tap water served has an odd taste to it. I read about the water issue on Trip Advisor but dismissed it. For a quality inn this restaurant was lacking-good food, poor and slow service, too high priced for what you get in return. Low class treatment from a supposedly high class venues. People do read reviews.Special Features:
- Easy and DeliciousStilettolexyDined on 7/27/2014Little pretention, educated and sophisticated staff with the food that lives up to the standards you expect. I am impressed with how relaxed they are. It puts you at ease as well. I went for brunch and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Expected betterdiningarchitectDined on 7/26/2014For the prices that they charge, the food should have really impressed. My halibut dish was overcooked. The tuna twoway was good but didn't really taste a difference between fhe two ways except in shape of cut. While view of harbor was nice, the character of the place would be improved with fewer tables. They crammed too many in which makes it noisy and hard to serve. Many tables were empty anyway.... probably for good reason. Other items were good but didnt blow me away. Maybe at half the price it would have been fine, but I felt they were pretending to be better than they are.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantDaveDined on 7/23/2014We went to Stars for lunch because dinner there is so expensive and we were not disappointed. The food was amazing and the service stellar. We had a window seat and the view was awesome. We would definitely visit Stars again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service still disappointingWorldTraveler43Dined on 7/17/2014Food good but service was slow and not up to standards in professionalism in what you should expect from a landmark hotel restaurant. I would not eat here again because of it.
- YumYumVIPDined on 7/17/2014breakfast amazing as always. really love the salmon plate and the crab omelet was done perfectly today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 7/14/2014Really enjoyed breakfast on our second day of stay at Perry Cabin. The salmon plate was again very good as was the side of berries. The crab omelet was full of tasty crab meat and could have eaten independent of the eggs. Overall still very good and easily the best choice in the area for breakfast.Special Features:
- Excellent Setting for AnniversaryExcellentSettingGoodFoodDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I had a great time dining here but I would say two negatives I had was... 1. The crab cakes were a little dry and overcooked, meanwhile the steak was excellent 2. There should be a no cell phone policy or all phones must be on silent... there was a woman who's phone continued to chirp the whole throughout dinner. I know this is not the restaurants fault but they could have asked her to turn the volume down. I noticed numerous couples irritated by the phone yet she was oblivious to her surroundings.Special Features:
- YumYumVIPDined on 7/13/2014great view from either inside the restaurant or when eating out on the Terrace. Service is always top notch. We really enjoyed the salmon platter on a bagel as well as the Green Eggs and Ham. Hearty portions and very good. The side of berries was also very good as filled to the top. Breakfast is not cheap but a great start to the day when staying at or visiting the Inn at Perry CabinSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I thought that everyone was friendly. My husband and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary. Enjoyed the table overlooking the water front. The gardens were beautiful and very well groomed. The food was good. Overall the experience was a positive one. I would come back again.Special Features:
- New name, great restaurantmweintrDined on 7/7/2014Sometime before our visit, the restaurant changed owners and names, so it was a bit confusing as to what restaurant we had made our reservation. However, everything was ideal. We didn't get seated by the window, but only because those tables were all occupied before my wife and I arrived for our dinner. We celebrated our honeymoon on Tilghman Island, a short drive from Saint Michael's and this restaurant. The staff was excellent, everyone congratulated my wife and me, and the food was spectacular. I had the softshell crabs special, and my wife had the crab cakes. The tuna two ways starter was superb, and we finished our meal with delicious coffee (served in individual french press pots) and crème brulée. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- JKburnbraeDined on 7/6/2014Every aspect of the experience was first rate. Plan to make it a regular visit and know we will not be dissapointedSpecial Features:
- Amazing FoodecfoodieVIPDined on 7/3/2014Their food is excellent and literally everything on the menu is delicious. Hands down one of the best places to eat in the state.Special Features:
- Independence Day Holiday Weekend'14DockandDineVIPDined on 7/3/2014Stayed at the Harbor Inn nearby, unable to get a boat slip here for the holiday. Very limited and only shore power at the end of the T-Dock. Hotel and Grounds were lovely, picture perfect. Stars did not disappoint. First rate chef and pleasant staff. You feel welcome from the moment you walk into the door and its difficult to leave. Most tables have an excellent water view. Even with our 3 year old we found it romantic. St. Michaels would not be the same without Stars and the Inn at Perry Cabin.Special Features:
- Outstanding Viewafstv31VIPDined on 6/30/2014The view is outstanding- no question. While the food was solidly good and ingredients fresh, I think it's a little overrated - especially given the prices. Additionally, if you're used to truly outstanding food from cities like New York, Philly or LA, you'll likely have a similar feeling...Overall, you're paying for the unique and beautiful spot.Special Features: