6 Parlato Drive
Westhampton Beach, NY 11978Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://starrboggsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6312883500x
- Hours of Operation:
June 24th - September 32nd: Monday 6:00PM Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Lucas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available for private dinner parties and corporate fundraising events for over 800 guests can be accommodated. For more information, please contact Jean Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private and separate dining area available for private parties. The entire restaurant is available for daytime rental all season and nightly rental in the off-season. We also are available to host luncheons and cocktail parties on our patio garden area. (Seasonally Appropriate) Menus are created to fill your desires and budget. Personal private dining gazebo outside on the patio that can accommodate parties of 8 -12 guests. We can also arrange for entertainment, rentals, flowers to give you the event of your dreams.
- Private Party Contact: Jean Curran 6312883500x
- Entertainment: Summer season offers live music Friday through Monday beginning at 8:00pm outside on our patio garden area with full bar. The entertainment is weather dependent. Join us for dinner, lighter fare, cocktails or dessert.
A word from Starr Boggs
New American Cuisine with a focus on seasonally appropriate and local ingredients. Starr proudly butchers the finest grade meats on premises. All this to ensure one of the finest dining experiences on the East End.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Starr Boggs - Best Restaurants in Hamptons ›
Starr Boggs reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (73)neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (53)hot spot (50)notable wine list (47)vibrant bar scene (40)romantic (35)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- ManhattanmikeDined on 10/19/2014Great menu with so much to choose from. Drinks are a little pricey. Wine list is extensive and probably the way to go. Our wait staff were very attentive, knowledgeable and aimed to please. Wish this restaurant was open throughout the year but closes the end of November.Special Features:
- Best food in WesthamptonGigiDined on 10/18/2014Excellent swordfish, I am a meat eater, but I find the best fish here….Special Features:
- maxieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great cocktails and wine selection. Dinner is always wonderful; interesting, well presented and delicious.Special Features:
- Bad serviceGizzyVIPDined on 10/16/2014How could the service be so bad when the restaurant is almost empty; waited 10 minutes for our waiter and waited for everything after thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food cold receptionGigiDined on 10/12/2014My fourth time eating here, with a reservation ...an empty restaurant, that tried to seat me in Siberia, facing the kitchen. My husband and I wanted to have a nice early dinner before heading to the city, the food is delicious...don't get me wrong But it was a poor start ,to what would be a delicious meal, but two out of four times the seating was an issueSpecial Features:
- Nice toucheatoutalotVIPDined on 10/9/2014I made a reservation with a note to the restaurant that I prefer a special table for the two of us to celebrate my wifes birthday. We were seated in a roamy comfortable table. The service was attentive with a warm touch. The waiter quickly wished my wife a Happy Birthday. Wow not only did they read my request, they noted it to the server. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and were pretty full so we passed on the dessert menu. The waiter surprised my wife by bringing out a dish of berries (noting she's gluten free) with a candle on it. I looked like a hero. Can't believe we've never been here before but will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Starr BoggsSkipDined on 10/8/2014Have been going to Starr Boggs every year for years and it is consistantly excellent for ambiance, food and servide. Love to take friends . The elegant atmosphere is lovely and love to take friends who have not been there yet. It is a Westhamton gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marvelDined on 10/5/2014My experience at Starr Boggs was memorable; highlighting the ambience, food and service. From the moment I entered, I was welcome with a warm smile and greeted as if I was a high end steady customer. The food was fresh and presented in a timely manner. My Meditarean seafood meal held chunks of lobster,swordfish,mussels and clams in a tasty sauce. The steak that was served to my guest was grilled to perfection surrounded by fresh greens,baked potato and a salad of ripe tomato slices, sprinkled with blue cheese. My only regret.. I was too full to try desert. Next time, I will start with desert!Special Features:
- What Happened....ShopgirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014Last Friday night, what started as a lovely evening, from drinks to appetizers....then it took 1 1/2 hours plus... to get our entrées from the time we sat as a party of 2. Something most have happened....a party of 6 who sat after us received their entrees before us...anyway,,,we always enjoy the food here, but something went wrong...and my husbands fish was not hot and my lamb was rare when I asked for medium. I had to send it back. My husband did not send the fish back. When I got my lamb back...another 10mins., it was really well done..not sure if they did that out of spite... And the topper was...it was my husband b'day. We chose not to stay for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starr BoggsJudy2013Dined on 9/27/2014Starr Boggs is a wonderful restaurant in Westhampton Beach. You will need reservations weeks in advance even for mid week. The flounder and seafood stew are favorites and the porterhouse is a lovely presentation. The service is very attentive and summer monday lobster bake is a lot of fun, all you can eat steak and lobster plus appetizer bar. This restaurant has never disappointed us. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant in WHBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Starr Boggs remains an excellent choice for a fine restaurant in Westhampton Beach. Very extensive menu. You can go there many times and still have choices. Beautiful outdoor bar and seating. Best restaurant in Westhampton Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDined on 9/24/2014Once again, the service, for a "HOT" restaurant could be bettter!Special Features:
- Disapointed but still have faithFazio55VIPDined on 9/21/2014My previous visits to Starr Boggs earned a five star rating and I recommended this place to everyone. However my last visit was disappointing. The swordfish was incredible the first few times but on this occasion it was undercooked and flavorless. The service was fine but the young staff seemed a bit phony and i noticed a slight snobby tone. I will not give up on this place based on the great meals I have had in the past and will return for redemption.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodDennyDined on 9/19/2014As with past dinners at Starr's the food was very good, service excellent and ambience very comfortable. They need to bring back the three cheese pasta appetizer. We were sat consistent with our reservation. Always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Five starsFazio55VIPDined on 9/14/2014Ive only given out five star ratings three times in my 10 years of novice food reviews,cans Starr Boggs earned it. This my second visit here and both occasions were incredible. The swordfish entree is amazing! Texture and taste heaven. The raw bar is fresh as can be with sweet, sumptuous peconic clams. The special app was a burratta with the best freaken tomatoes Ive had in a long time. Anderson farms on the north fork supplies Starr Boggs with incredible fresh produce. The service is pretty good and the scene is great, a mixture of every style and every age group which all works together nicely. Great restaurant.Special Features:
- All around excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I came here for dinner and were very impressed with everything. While the food was excellent from the appetizers to the entrées to the dessert, I think what we were most impressed with was the service. While the staff was relatively young, they were on the money with everything. Even though it was after Labor Day, the place was crowded for dinner on a Saturday night and they didn't miss a beat...exceptionally polite, attentive, and friendly. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evicted from tableWarrenbruceVIPDined on 9/13/2014After two hours at dinner we were explicitly told by the maitre'd to vacate the table because people were waiting. We hadn't even finished our coffee and dessert ! This is outrageous. Starr's food is great. We've been dining at his various locations for 30 years, but this was unprecedented and unacceptable behavior. I'm the go to guy when it comes to dinner plans for my friends. It will take some time before Starr's gets back on my go to list...Special Features:
- noneDined on 9/11/2014Service was exceptionally good this time. The last time the ahi tuna was gross and all the waiter had to say was "sorry about that" and took it away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Upscale DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The food was really good and the atmosphere was nice, the only thing that prevented this from being a 5/5 is that we had to wait 30 minutes to be seated, after arriving on-time for our reservation.Special Features:
- goodeatsDined on 9/5/2014Great night.Food,Service and Drinks could not have been better.Will recommend to friends.Thanks Starr Boggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulrhonalynnVIPDined on 9/4/2014Good food. Good friends. Nicely crowded. Fra DiabloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance at a priceFoodaholicDined on 9/2/2014I cannot understand the negative reviews. On a Tuesday night the restaurant was overflowing with well-heeled, well dressed Hamptonites. Lively atmosphere, polite attentive service. The black bass and almond crusted flounder were fresh and prepared to perfection. So were the baked clams. OK, the prices were a bit high, consistent with the trust funds of the clientele, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopelessly badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I heard good reviews of this place. I have to say the food was simply boring. I had a lobster bisque which had good amount of lobster but just lacked any flavor. The scallops with ham was well cooked and the best part was the slight hint of sriracha sauce which I think was quite creative. The basil and swordfish was again simply boring. No flavor. The ingredients and fish were high quality and the swordfish was particularly fresh. However none of the dishes opened up my senses. It was very average.Special Features:
- Always DeliciouspabloDined on 8/29/2014Have never been disappointed in this lovely restaurant. Care is given to each item - the grilled calamari special was a taste delight. Duck confitte with pasta and the almond flounder were wonderful. A perfect finish was their Crème Brulee. No where else to eat in this town.Special Features:
- DennyDined on 8/27/2014As always the food was great and the service was friendly, professional and on target. The wine list has enough alternatives to allow anyone to complement their meal no matter what their budget. A drink at the patio bar beforehand was also enjoyable. A busy night but we were sat at our reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014The food was outstanding. A great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutLuv2dineDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful night out with extended family we haven't seen in awhile. Food was very good as was the service, attentive! I had a yummy cocktail that was perfect. There was 7 of us & our reservation was for 6, no problem, was taken care of without a fuss. We were sat on time. We already had cocktail hour before arriving. No attitude from our waiter when we ordered our main course without a starter. Same for desert, having back at our beautiful house on the bay. Affordable, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite restaurant of all time!Whb1130Dined on 8/19/2014I have yet to be disappointed with any meals! I usually start with their Starr Margarita. It's made with fresh line juice. Then it's one of their many delicious appetizers. Portions are very big. Last, is always one if their incredible fish dishes. I have had the Meditterean fish soup 3x 's. It gas shrimp lobster, clams, and huge pieces of white fish. I could also never go wrong with the almond crusted sole. Ingredients are always fresh ! I live in Huntington , but end up at Starr Boggs almost every Tuesday nite ! I am thrilled they have extended their season to the end of November!!! A must must must for everyone !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzinVIPDined on 8/17/2014Always a great meal. The service was a little slow which was unusual. Our guests were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Our very favorite spot. We had out of town guests visiting and took them there sunday night. Starr has a first rate team, every staff member knows the menu and wine list inside-out. We've never been less than thrilled with a meal here. The "Sunday Gravy" is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MgdinvestDined on 8/17/2014This is our 3rd visit to the restaurant and we do enjoy it very much
- FrankVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent as always. The almond crusted flounder, one of their signature dishes was wonderful. Great selection of wines including by the glass. The wait staff is very professional.
- luv2dineDined on 8/10/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in West Hampton. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautifully presented food (it seems almost like vandalism to eat it), most of it as good to eat as to look at. On our recent visits, we have enjoyed oysters, a wonderful tuna appetizer, and a number of delicious fish dishes. The rooms are comfortable, with original Warhol and other art work on the walls. The patio is a lovely place to eat in the right weather. The service is quite good, paying lots of unobtrusive attention. A great place for people watching -- many of both customers and staff aspire to be "beautiful people".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingLiketodineVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a restaurant we frequently go to and sit in the back at the bar. This was the second time we sat at a table and had the same disappointing experience. We were ignored by the wait staff..the place was busy but other tables were be attended to. We waited a real long time for our food. Food was fair and I would probably never go back if I only had this experience. Sitting a the bar in the back the bartenders are great and attentive.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGibarbra24VIPDined on 8/4/2014Starr Boggs never disappoints! Truly, a great restaurant! The quality of food here is comparable to the City and unsurpassed by any other restaurant in the vicinity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in westhamptonJeremyDined on 8/4/2014Going into Starr Boggs is entering a sleek, cool well-ordered world in which the staff look after your every need.if you eat in the garden you will be surrounded by a orgeous garden and often there is music. The food is varied and every dish is superb. I just went o Monday nite Lobster Night, a fantastic buffet followed by waiter serving salad, then as many lobsters and steak as you wanted, then dessert. Very high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homesweethomeDined on 7/29/2014Initially lost our reservation. Online confirmation from Starr Boggs (booked through Open Table) saved the day. Remaining experience fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJonrDined on 7/29/2014Food was top notch, and the service even better. The t-bone I had was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- The BestCathDined on 7/28/2014Starr's has been consistently outstanding in food and service over the 7-plus years of its existence. None can compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.