2255 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.starfishatlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 350-0799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:20am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Seung Park
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Please call for further details.
A word from Starfish Restaurant
Starfish Restaurant has been providing its patrons and guests with the best sushi in Atlanta. We promote both the numerous health benefits and the exquisite taste of sushi. We never compromise on the authenticity, quality, and taste of our ingredients, acquiring the freshest fish from all over and using organic ingredients whenever possible. We distinguish ourselves from the other sushi restaurants with our original creations, like tuna tataki (Cajun tuna) and the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (spicy tuna roll topped with beef tataki, avocado, and our special sauce). We also offer an extensive list of wines and sake to choose from. With our freshest fish, delicious wines, and a relaxing, easy-going atmosphere, we are sure that you'll be able to enjoy the best sushi dining experience in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Starfish Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Excellent sushi and sashimiMartiniMarkVIPDined on 10/15/2014Came here on a Thursday night for first time visit on a business dinner for a party of four. Food was outstanding however the service was not quite outstanding. It was early and the place was not busy yet the servers seemed indifferent to our requests (cocktails, water, wine). Of note, the wine selection is minimal but the pricing is very good. All the various sushi, seaweed salads, sashimi were all spot on. If the wait staff were more attentive I would have no problem giving higher grades. I would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be backOldMonkVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very welcoming staff. Excellent food with great presentation. Wide variety of Sushi and other items. Fairly big selection of Wines and a full bar. Convenient parking. VERY REASONABLE for that quality of food, ambiance and location. This was my first visit and it looks like I will be a regular soon!Special Features:
- yummy yummy yummyes2013Dined on 8/1/2014Monster in law has become my all time favorite roll!
- The following 43 reviews are from the Starfish Restaurant reviews archive.
- Tasty sushi and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The restaurant atmosphere was much quieter than I expected. It's more of a date or small group restaurant, but that's not a bad thing. We had some great sushi. The rolls have really interesting names, so that makes ordering fun. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Ditch RA... Nothing like Starfish!SushidivaDined on 5/8/2014Fabulous fierce fantastic! Everything is fresh, beautifully presented! Staff is uber attentive and well versed about EVERYTHING on the menu! I thought I was a sake diva but Starfish has some pretty exotic ones that blew me away! This place will most definitely be a staple when I visit Atlanta! Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi...wynneVIPDined on 1/25/2014We had eaten here in the past & for some reason weren't that impressed so we never went back....Then I read the article in Simply Buckhead magazine & decided to give it another try & was Very Impressed with the food & service....We will definitely return soon!!!!Special Features:
- Disappointed in the experience.nothankyouVIPDined on 1/4/2014Disappointed in the experience. Gimmicky names for all of the items misleads. Way too much sauce and the individual pieces of sushi/rolls were too big to eat.
- Always good!KAtlantaVIPDined on 1/2/2014This is where I go for my everyday sushi fix! Very good every time. Fish is fresh. The staff is very nice and accommodating!Special Features:
- Don't judge the food by the serviceEricDined on 11/15/2013There is no real point of setting a reservation, you'll still be told to wait an extra thirty minutes. The table service is also similarly poor. I had no idea who my actual server was (i think we had three different ones not including the bus boy) . The food came out of order and when you needed a server there was none to be found. All that being said, the food is absolutely wonderful. If you are a fan of fish roe, get the Ocean's Eleven roll. They don't seem to cut corners when it comes to quality ingredients. Parking can be difficult but after calling the restaurant, I found out they had an agreement with the condo association next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodKenKingeryVIPDined on 10/12/2013This is a REAL sushi place with a REAL sushi chef and remarkable culinary creations that are authentic without pandering to the typical American tastes of sauces on everything. Check them out!Special Features:
- Going DownhillLexiVIPDined on 9/26/2013My boyfriend and I have been here for date nights and larger group dinners. Starfish seems to have trouble splitting checks, so we have always preferred to go alone or on a double date rather than with many friends. In the past the service has been hit-or-miss. There are often not enough servers and dinner can take quite a long time. I've found this to be excusable as the ambiance is lovely. We went recently on a weeknight and were dismayed at how the quality has declined. The food was NOWHERE near the quality we expected. There were two servers for four tables the whole time (two hours) and we were ignored for the majority of that time. I waited 40 minutes for a water refill. Starfish is just not as great as it used to be.
- Service was so slow. OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2013Service was so slow. Only 2 servers and a full restaurant. Tables were never cleared and getting water refilled as well as any beverages took forever. The quality of the fish is really good. Except when they run out of something(this has happened twice to me). They don't tell you. It is hard to go back because service is so bad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013The food was great and our server was very knowledgeable. The only thing was that she did not have much of a personality so that was quite a bummer. But other than that everything was awesome.Special Features:
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2013One of the better sushi spots in ATL. Very fresh and tasty roll combinations. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013The food was delicious. Great service and very clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fine but not specialChristineDined on 6/8/2013Starfish would be fine for lunch out but it doesn't have anything that would make for a special dinner.
- Excellent food and great placeElsaVIPDined on 5/30/2013Excellent food and great place to meet up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Usually only order 2 rolls when on a date with my significant other when we order sushi, but here had to order 3 to even feel full. The third was poorly made and sloppy looking. With 2 sushi chefs, it took 25 minutes to get our first two rolls, which seemed long. Don't believe we will return. The rolls were not bad, but definitely not the best I've had.
- Not bad but better options outhereMattinatlDined on 1/26/2013Tried Starfish recently and came away with mixed feelings. On the good side the sushi seemed very fresh and it certainly was tasty. Rolls were nicely sized. Service was friendly and efficient. On the negative side, the ambiance was a bit odd to us. For a saturday evening it was practically empty. A family with their 6 year old child sat next to us. I guess I expected too much for the prices and white tablecloth setting.
- Go To Sushi LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Food was amazing. Chef took great care of us, even came out to the table to see how our meal was. Great sake selection.Special Features:
- As always food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/19/2013As always food was very good and service was very good.We drive an hour and fifteen minutes to go to Starfish and have Sushi.And it is worth it.Special Features:
- We get to Starfish 5-10 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/3/2013We get to Starfish 5-10 times per year and have never been disppointed. Food is top-notch and service is always friendly. We like the easy in/out parking. Non-sushi items are excellent as well.Special Features:
- We love Starfish. It is easy,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/21/2012We love Starfish. It is easy, quiet and comfortable. The sushi is excellent and inventive and fresh and delicious and the non-sushi eater in the family loves the chicken teriyaki. We highly recommend Starfish as the antidote to the busy and overdone.Special Features:
- Some of the very best sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2012Some of the very best sushi in Atlanta. So glad I found you, Starfish. You are now a monthly appointment with me!Special Features:
- The service was great. WecjxxVIPDined on 9/14/2012The service was great. We were seated immediately on a Friday evening. The sushi was really good with the exception of the iron man roll, which was one of the most expensive rolls. It is cooked/flamed at your table. This roll was overcooked and the eel stuck to the aluminum foil making it messy and difficult to eat.Special Features:
- It was just ok. Nothing great,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012It was just ok. Nothing great, but better than Publix.Special Features:
- always fantastic, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2012always fantastic, friendly service and excellent sushi. I like Starfish because it's not stuffy; elegant and refined without feeling like they are trying to show off. Perfect place for a late night bite with someone special.Special Features:
- Lonely StarfishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2012I wanted to plan a romantic night out for me and my sushi-loving girlfriend so I chose Starfish. The decor and lighting was perfect for cozy dining, and the food was great. The only thing that kept the night from being prefect was we were the only people in the place on a Saturday night, which was very suprising; it would have been nice to have a little more people around to observe but that's not the restaurant's fault. I'd certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great Experience, amazing sushiGreatDined on 2/14/2012Absolutely fantastic experience, I've been to many of Atlanta's sushi restaurants and Starfish is the best.Special Features:
- My favorite sushi spot inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2012My favorite sushi spot in Atlanta. Quiet, authentic, no hype and no drama. Just amazing, fresh fare and friendly service. Always a favorite.Special Features:
- Great SushiSheaDined on 12/9/2011I thoroughly enjoyed dining at Starfish. The Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Roll was amazing. I am in the midst of trying to find a favorite Sushi Restaurant and right now Starfish is at the top of the list.Special Features:
- Great Sushi, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011Very glad I learned about Starfish. The location is on the busiest street in Atlanta, but the free parking deck right by the door was a nice surprise. The decor is simple but trendy. The service was outstanding and the sushi was the best I have ever eaten. Great presentation on every dish. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We were very excitedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/19/2011First time we went there it was extremely good with lots of specials this time that was not the case.they did not set up a place at bar for us,there was room but not because we reserved. They recognized us after 2/3 hrs. Again we will go back again just because of our first trip.I forgive the second trip and see what they do when we come back again.We do drive over an hour to go there so expect a bit more friendly faces.
- I'm a restaurant manager myself,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2011I'm a restaurant manager myself, and I have to say, the service was impeccable. From the time we were greeted at the door, till the time the staff wished us a good night - every aspect of our dining was great. The service staff was punctual to refill waters and table maintanance was better than I have seen at 5 star restaurants. These guys really knew what they were doing, and clearly take pride in their work. I highly recommend this establishment, and have already begun to send my friends. I'll definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Won't be back for Sushi here MFTheGeneralVIPDined on 10/21/2011Won't be back for Sushi here MF Sushi blows it away and has also been on the program Starfish costs the same when it is all said and done Every roll was covered in sauce - Dont go if you don't like sauces... In fact, Don't Go!
- We've been to many Shashimi/SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2011We've been to many Shashimi/Sushi restaurants all over the USA. Starfish is the best. We have been repeat customers for at least 4 years...Special Features:
- It has been a while that weOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/6/2011It has been a while that we tasted sashimi and sushi and special dishes the way they were served to us last week.Very good and all Sushi and sashimi fans have to go there.
- We loved our dinner for 4OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/2/2011We loved our dinner for 4 at Starfish. We tried three appetizers to start. the edamame - a classic favorite came with a tasty ginger dipping sauce. The clamari was razor thin and cripy. And the egg rolls had a spicy zing. It was all very fresh tasting. The sushi dishes are named for movies - but the contents are creative and delicious. One in our group did not eat sushi but declared the chicken terikaki fabulous. Service was attentive without being overbearing. The meal described above including 2 glasses of wine cost $100 plus tip. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2011Wow....actually chose Starfish because the resturant we usually go to for sushi on our "Mom and Daddy date night" was booked.....but....we loved it. We will pick Starfish first now. Great food. Great service. Great location with easy/free parking. Altogether a great place.Special Features:
- Great variety of appetizershappyVIPDined on 6/2/2011Great variety of appetizers both cold and hot which were very good. Sushi was also very good, well prepared. Service was prompt and friendly.Special Features: