Stapleton's Restaurant & Lounge
122 Thompson Street
Raritan, NJ 08869Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Stapleton's Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stapletonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9087072400
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday & Friday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ralph Fattoruso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stapleton's Restaurant & Lounge
Long time friends Eric Murdock and Eric Allena are proud to announce the opening of Stapleton's Restaurant & Lounge. Named after Vaughn Stapleton, the legendary Bridgewater-Raritan West Head Basketball Coach, Stapleton's is Central Jersey's newest seafood eatery and lounge. We are excited to provide our patrons with the finest dining experience, including the freshest and most delectable seafood, distinctive and enticing cocktails, and a guarantee that your service will be second to none. Be sure to check our page for updates as we approach our grand opening, which will take place in May of 2013. We look forward to seeing everyone soon!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stapleton's Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Neighborhood SurpriseCDF2014Dined on 7/18/2014A co-worker wanted to go out after work and catch up. I didn't know of anyplace close by, so I used Open Table to find something. I had driven past this little gem for months but never stopped in. It was about 6PM when I entered, and notice one of the members from the band bringing in gear to set up. There were a few couples at the bar having drinks and appetizers. The place is a nice place to frequent. The drinks are pretty good, and they have a happy hour! The food is tasty and well prepared. I would recommend.Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Stapleton's Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Waste of time and moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/4/2014I don't know how much worse food could be at a restaurant. Dry boring cuisine. Will not go back.
- Growing PainsGirlDined on 1/29/2014The staff and owner are very nice and welcoming! The restaurant was easy to find and had good parking. They did not seem to know we had a reservation but it was not a problem. Our party arrived at 6:30 we ordered 4 appetizers to share. They were out of one and had to substitue, the second appetizer, the cheese was spoiled. We asked for a second serving of bread and it took a while to get it. They were out of Malbec. Entrees were mixed up, steaks were brought out to two people who ordered differently. The menu said panfried Tilapia but the fish came broiled. Dessert was on the house because of the issues. I think they need to limit their menu until they get more established and they need one additional server like the night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodMikeHVIPDined on 12/23/2013Restaurant was empty when we got there. Took a long time for our food to come out which was fine as we were not in a hurry. Forgot to tell the waiter no garlic and as always with almost every restaurant, the vegetables came out smothered in garlic. Asked for Salmon to be rare and it came out more medium well than rare. Overall though, i think if we were a bit more specific with the order, it would have been fine. Service was good and attentive. Drinks were good too. I would recommend giving it a try, especially if nothing else is around.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2013Everything was great. We had the clams casino and clams on the half shell, which were perfect. My husband had the seafood salad which was fresh and delicious. We also had the lobster ravioli which my daughter-in-law raved over. They've changed some prices for lunch (reduced) which made it even more of a value. Always happy to go to Stapleton's.Special Features: