2 Water Street
Jackson, CA 95642Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nationalhoteljackson.com/
- Phone: (209) 257-2595
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: F-Sa 11:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Su, W-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Moore
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With multiple private dining options, catering to groups of all sizes, Stanley’s Steakhouse is the perfect location for your next event or business meeting. Executive Chef Dan Moore creates a unique menu for every party, working closely with event coordinators to ensure a memorable event.
- Private Party Contact: Annette Reiser 8773918835
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: In addition to street parking, there is a public parking garage located directly behind the hotel. After parking in the garage, simply cross the bridge that spans the creek towards the hotel. Our ADA accessible entrance is just on the other side of the bridge. Valet may be available at special events.
A word from Stanley's Steakhouse
Stanley’s Steakhouse Executive Chef Dan Moore brings the best in fine dining to the historic grandeur of the National Hotel, located in the heart of Gold Country in Jackson, California.Continued
Our extensive wine list highlights local offerings from our own Shenandoah Valley wine country, and we also feature the very finest from Napa Valley & beyond.
Our extensive wine list highlights local offerings from our own Shenandoah Valley wine country, and we also feature the very finest from Napa Valley & beyond.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stanley's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Stanley's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (20)notable wine list (16)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- J cuveeJcuvee20Dined on 11/16/2014I have had my family including children, two fellow workers party's, and numerous dinners here. All of my guests rave about the food, atmosphere, and service. For special food or just special events this is the restaurant of choice. The bar service is very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Very nice place to have a special dinner. The staff is great.Special Features:
- A Gem.JohnSDined on 11/2/2014Elegant dining at its best. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPattygVIPDined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed eating at this restaurant It was our first time there. great service wonderful food. The staff was very accommodating in splitting meals. We had a wonderful ribeye steak done to perfection. The heirloom tomato soup was very good also. Would definitely return to this restaurant. It's kind of a neat old hotel also. Fully restored.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Four of us for dinner. 2 swordfish, one puree soup, and one 5oz filet. The entrees, desserts, and wine, in general, were very good. The downside was that my steak was not hot. Like it had been sitting. I did not send it back or mention it to the wait staff. The chef was very accommodating for one friend, who had special food preparation problems. I will be back.Special Features:
- Local special restaurantccwriterDined on 10/22/2014Stanley's is Jackson's only gourmet restaurant and lives up to this designation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakgourmetphredd1eDined on 10/15/2014My fiancee and I had a great steak dinner there. Maybe one of the best I have ever had. There were nice choices for side disches, not just the everpresent baked potato (not that there is anything wrong with that). Nice wine list and good ambience. We will go there again when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodgrandmasbirthdayDined on 10/15/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner. My two grandkids- both teenagers- enjoyed it very much as well. The veal chop is great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters and Menu Variety1DogLoverDined on 10/3/2014We missed having oysters on the half-shell for an appetizer. The sweet potato dessert possibly needs to be warm and the crust was 'rubbery'. I realize we were eating at a steakhouse but I hope the menu will be more varied in the future? The wine selection was great as was our martinis from the bar. Our steaks were perfect! The waiter and staff were professional, friendly and attentive without being 'overly' so. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent steaksknitterDined on 9/26/2014long drive for us, but the food was excellent. I would have like more seafood options but the steaks were delicious. Food was different than the ordinary with dishes I had never had. Excellent taste.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerdeadfishregularVIPDined on 9/20/2014A group of us went here for dinner. Almost everyone had the ribeye steak except one person who had the pork chop. The food was delicious, especially the bernaise sauce. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedcasualdinerDined on 9/18/2014Party of three ordered a 10 oz. ribeye ($36), an 8 oz. bacon-wrapped sirloin ($30), and a 5 oz. filet ($32). Although the meat was tasty, it was all a little chewier than it should have been. The filet was ordered medium rare, but came somewhat overcooked, perhaps because it looked so small. For the value for the dollar, we would have enjoyed Outback or Red Lobster more. This was our first time there, but we do not plan to return.
- A gem in the Gold CountryredltdDined on 9/13/20142nd time dining here. Both times service and food were exceptional. Had filet mignon the 1st time and veal chop the 2nd. Both meals were exceptional. This restaurant is part of the restored National Hotel in Jackson, Ca. The attention to detail both in the hotel and restaurant are worthwhile checking out. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jcuvee20Jcuvee20Dined on 9/13/2014The outstanding gem in this gold country location. Food is prepared with imagination and flavors from local vendors as much as possible. Service is friendly and attentive without "hovering". The bar staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly . Locals describe this as quality in a beautiful location. I will return often.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerjacksoneatsDined on 9/6/2014We were very happy with the staff and the menu for out special dinner. Monica did a good job of informing us about the dishes and serving them at our pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningFairoakianDined on 8/28/2014Definitely a fine dining establishment. Very expensive but the service, food and wine were all excellent. I would definitely recommend this place for dinner. Enjoyed the bar as well. Went upstairs to check out the lobby. Simply beautiful. Nothing like what the hotel used to be in its rowdy days back in the seventies when we spent New Year's Eve many times. Also would stop for a drink in the afternoon when we were exploring the foothills with my husband's parents. His father knew all the bars and taverns east of Stockton and had lots of stories to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublime steakfoothillfoodieDined on 8/27/2014We had wonderful steak last night @ Stanley's... sublime, succulent and extremely tender. Bearnaise sauce was perfect. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great experienceCowponyDined on 8/16/2014We had a celebration for six people. Our food was cooked to perfection. Best steaks in Amador county. Nice presentation. Wonderful staff too. To satisfy six people is quite a feat. Not a single complaint. Can't wait to visit Stanley's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedroadtrippinDined on 8/13/2014Had a great experience since we were not sure what to expect. We had a very good lunch in the afternoon, followed up by a wonderful dinner in the evening. May be a bit pricey, but well worth it, especially for a special occasion. The service was very good, friendly, helpful but not intrusive. Overall, a great dining experience and we definitely will be returning for more delicious meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical Find in JacksonrichDined on 8/8/2014Stanley's Steak House is next to the remodeled Union Hotel. The ambience is old world comfort. There were four of us and 3 ordered steak and said it was delicious, with flavor and tenderness. We will recommend to our friends that visit Amador County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our best meals ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014We went to Stanley's Steakhouse to kick off my month of birthday celebrations. Chef Dan Moore has really put his stamp on the menu, everything was inventive, expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Our server Alicia was quite happy to run through a special selection of beers that their cicerone Tracy had laid out for my enjoyment. My wife and I both thought the mushroom bruschetta was one of the best dishes we've ever had. Our steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection, and the desserts were just wonderful. All in all a five star experience!Special Features:
- Best menu aroundLonnycruzDined on 8/1/2014Not a huge menu but superb attention to each item on the menu. The menu changes with what is in season and available locally which makes repeat visits something different every time. The one thing that doesn't change is the top quality steaks....the newyork and the ribeye are very hard to beat anywhere.Special Features:
- Wonderful food at the NationallynnieDined on 8/1/2014Chef Daniel Moore out did himself. The new appetizer pork cheeks, duck were special, tomato muse a surprise, watermelon gespacaho unique, entrees of salmon, steaks done to perfection.Special Features:
- Amazing Cuisine, Lovely LocationgingergalDined on 8/1/2014We came to Stanley's on the recommendation of my sister and her husband (who are both foodies), and we were not disappointed. Located in the basement of the newly renovated National Hotel, this restaurant is truly a find. The executive chef is top notch, and has put together a truly stunning menu. Everything we ordered was fantastic – I had the chicken, which was the best I have had outside of Paris, and my husband had the New York steak, which was amazing. The chicken radicchio cups are a fabulous starter, with well-matched flavours and a sauce with just the right amount of zip. Save room for coffee and dessert- both are divine. We will most certainly be back...probably adding a stay at the gorgeously restored hotel when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!Dinehere4sureDined on 7/26/2014On the day we arrived, We had afternoon drinks in the warmly decorated and welcoming bar. Fabulous bartender. When it come to dinner, the menu varies with seasonally available ingredients. We had the filet mignon and gried pork chop. Bother were above expectations. Subtle flavors in everything from the meat to the veggies were excellent! Nothing was ignored. My only very minor complaint was the Parmesan breadsticks on my Cesar salad seamed a bit stale. However the salad dressing is phenomenal!! Recommend this restaurant HIGHLY! As a side note; we mentioned we were on a photography trip and asked for suggested photo spots. The hostess (who is a photograph also) took the time to not only come speak with us, but wrote a list of must shoots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Stanley's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Lovely place in a super cool historic landmark. Great service and wine pairing with our dinner. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Eggs Benedict!pamelafrogDined on 7/20/2014Brunch is reasonably priced and the Eggs Benedict with potatoes is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceJackDined on 7/18/2014Had reservations for 6:00pm for 2. Met up with some friends and had them join us table for 6. There was only 3 other tables filled at this point. We saw 5 different tables sit down after us order their dinner, eat have coffee and them leave before we got our dinner even before we got our salads. It took about 1 hour just to get our salads. We got our dinner served at 7:30pm. This whole 2hrs they kept saying sorry it will be right up. We had plans that started at 8:00pm we had to eat our food so fast it wasn't funny. Food was GREAT. But the whole service aspect very poor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal w/ a personal touchBayAreaCoupleDined on 7/12/2014We have dined at Stanley's twice now, and both times have had fantastic meals. Full disclosure... I am a vegetarian so eating at a steakhouse may not appear to be the best plan, but the wait staff and the chef accommodated my needs perfectly on both occasions. On our first visit, the chef came to the table to suggest an entree which took full advantage of locally grown produce to create a wonderful pasta dish. For our most recent visit, our waiter consulted the chef to come up with an outstanding grilled tofu entree over a combination Lyonniase potato and sun-dried tomato, and a delicate squash and mushroom foundation. The result was unbelievable. (For the more traditional, my wife had a remarkable filet mignon). A great, great meal.Special Features:
- Great Dining!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We dine at Stanley's fairly often and are locals. It is one of our favorite places to come! The food is always tasty, the service is great and we love the ambience of the old remodeled hotel. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner June 2014localforyouDined on 6/28/2014Service was excellent. Food was great and appetizers were outstanding.Special Features:
- deliciosoDined on 6/22/2014Steaks were very good...perfectly prepared to order and with an interesting choice of sauces. Try the Baked Alaska!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stanley Steakhouse Reviewfoodie1221Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I went for our 30th wedding anniversary. We sat outside and our server brought us two glasses of complimentary Champagne which was very good. Food was outstanding except they forgot to bring us our salad. We were ok with that as our appetizer which was a mushroom bruchetta was outstanding and filling. Our steaks were great she had the Bearnaise and I had the Porcini Mushroom sauce. My sauteed spinach was fantastic. totally would recommend and my guess is they will tighten up the service aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gem In the3 Foothills2wholike2dineDined on 6/20/2014"I love the relaxed feel and history of this place". Its like going back to an amazing time in history. The Rib Eye Steak and Filet Minion were amazing and the Wedge salad with house made dressing was refreshing. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely environmentwinewomanVIPDined on 6/15/2014I heard this place was recently renovated - it's really lovely. Got a nice table in front of the fireplace; the space was large but tables spread out so you still feel like you have your own environment. Brunch was consistently good, prices reasonable, and the dining pace was leisurely, creating a nice experience for Father's Day. My coffee was constantly refilled (thanks!). Some not-so-ordinary items on the menu: lemon crepes! banana french toast! Mushroom quiche! My dad is 95 and the ramp at the back made easy access for him. Next time I want a special meal in the area, I will book a reservation here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014The food was excellent and the service was good; it just needs some smoothing of rough edges.Special Features:
- hiedVIPDined on 5/21/2014Great steak, good local wines and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Brunch at Stanley'sKittyDined on 5/11/2014We arrived at 10:45 for Mother's Day brunch. It was quiet at that time and the meal was enjoyable and the service good. Our group of 4 all had the Eggs Benedict which were very tasty. It is worth the visit just to see the refurbishment of the old historical hotel.Special Features:
- Great findBeverlyDined on 5/10/2014Not many good restaurants in Jackson. This was a great find getting away from fast food and mundane cuisine.Special Features:
- Not treated like touristscelebrationVIPDined on 5/9/2014Very accommodating; restaurant was not crowded so we were able to get a drink in the bar and watch the Giants game and then go to our table. Great waiter, kitchen. only minus is i ordered my steak medium and was told it would be pink but it wasn't, so a bit overdone but tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.