Stanley & Seafort's
115 East 34th
Tacoma, WA 98404Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Stanley & Seafort's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://stanleyandseaforts.com/page/home
- Phone: 2534737300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: Monday-Friday: 11am-4pm
Dinner Hours: Monday-Friday: 4pm-10pm, Saturday 11am-11pm, Sunday 11am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jere Scott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and non-private seating for groups up to 30.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and non-private seating for groups up to 30. The restaurant can be booked on weekend mornings and afternoons.
- Private Party Contact: Sherry Arntson 2534737300x
A word from Stanley & Seafort's
From the moment you walk through the doors, you'll know it is time to relax and have a great meal. The breathtaking views, the gracious hospitality and honest cuisine work together to ensure that your dining experience is a memorable one. Enjoy a succulent steak or a plump fillet of Fresh King Salmon and you'll know why Stanley and Seafort's is a Tacoma original...Continued
Stanley and Seafort's. Tacoma's Landmark Dinnerhouse.
Stanley and Seafort's. Tacoma's Landmark Dinnerhouse.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Stanley & Seafort's - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Stanley & Seafort's reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (174)special occasion (148)romantic (100)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (29)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (21)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Classics never die...BadKittyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Been coming here since I was a kid for over 30 years. This place is classic American food at it's finest. You don't come for small plates. You come here for the like-butter-in-my-mouth, Stanley Size, Rock Salt Crusted, Prime Rib. Don't forget the Crab-Artichoke Dip, Steamer Clams, Clam Chowder, Rockfish or Salmon (for the seafood lovers), Chocolate Cake & Warm Fruit Cobbler. Steelhead is a must when they have it too! I live in Seattle & dine at all the hot spots. However, when I want some classic steak & seafood, with a mindblowing view & want to get out of Seattle, I make the trek to T-town. Wear a sweater though; always a bit chilly in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly unhappySueHDined on 10/19/2014This was previously our favorite restaurant, but this time did not live up to expectations. We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary, but the waiter didn't bother to ask even after our telling the hostess about our special occasion. The food was not good. The prime rib was not seasoned well, and the sirloin had too smokey a flavor and it came already sliced in small pieces which made it dry. Who does that? We only had water but never got a refill until the end of the meal. And bread was not brought to our table until our salads were finished. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- eatoutoftenDined on 10/18/2014We went to Stanley & Seafort's for birthday dinners for my husband and son. The food was very good and a lot less expensive than equal quality in Seattle.Special Features:
- Great restaurantreviewDined on 10/11/2014Great restaurant! Great food! Great service! Great view!Special Features:
- Awesome View for a Special OccasionvpyoungDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my husband's 40th Birthday last week and it was our first visit to Stanley & Seafort's. The View and ambiance were spectacular. Our reservation was for peak time Friday night so each course did take an extra long time to arrive. The Manager did make it up to us with an extra dessert. Overall our Special Night was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great viewHhltdDined on 10/10/2014We really like the food here. The view is fantastic. Prices are high but the food quality is high. The menu is a steak and seafood menu good but more Trendy than innovative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite go-to restaurantTahlequahSueDined on 10/9/2014From the moment you step out of your car, you are treated like a welcome friend. We arrived early, had requested a window seat, and only waited three minutes to be seated! Our dinner was excellent, the service outstanding and the view superb. We will, of course, return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place & Great FoodJaaaaaaaazzDined on 10/8/2014Can't be beat. We were seated almost immediately. Service was 5 STARS. The food was served HOT annnnd good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentsnertyDined on 10/8/2014This dining experience was a wonderful way to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Everything was perfect. The food is always wonderful at Stanley and Seafort's and the service was excellent. We really enjoyed the view from our window table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Good environment. Prime Rib was perfect. Fish specialty was an Asian fusion dish that was not up to standards. Burnt Cream was one of the top 5 ever. We will dine there again.Special Features:
- Great Food, View, ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Perfect spot for a leisurely Saturday lunch. Not crowded, so did not feel compelled to give up our table. The food was great and the service perfect.Special Features:
- Used to be betterOystergirlDined on 10/3/2014I have been coming to this place on and off for 30 years; it used to be a sure bet that you would get great food and good service along with that gorgeous view. Two of us ordered the grilled king salmon with coconut rice and a vegetable medley. The fish did not look like King Salmon, if I had to guess I would say it was the Steelhead (which is fine, but not what I ordered); the fish appeared and tasted steamed, not grilled; and my vegetable medley had a blob of mashed potato in it (entirely edible but shows lack of precision in the kitchen). The lack of a table cloth detracted from the experience further. Had some problems with our drink order as well. Dessert, however, was exceptional. Kudos to the dessert crew.Special Features:
- Stanley & SeafortsathomasnajakDined on 10/3/2014We had reservations for 6 and showed up ten minutes early. We didn't have to wait long for our table. We have terrific service, wonderful view, and exception food for our anniversary dinner. We love to come here, but do it so rarely that it sure is a treat for us to go.Special Features:
- Great restrauntDavidPDined on 9/29/2014Great restraunt, but they steak(new York strip) I had lacked flavor. Was cooked to as requested but tasted as they cut it off the cow and did nothing else to it. Left me wanting steak sauce. Would not recommend this restraunt for steak, but everything else we ate was great. Service was great. The valet driver had our car running when we left and had heated seats on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EteryDined on 9/29/2014The food was good not great especially for the price.Special Features:
- dull and boringAnnieVIPDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant hasn't changed it's menu since the 80's. The food is the same but it just doesn't taste as good because it's so hum drum. Even the old "standby's"... like chicken or fish taste bland. (or dry) Service is slow even when they're not busy. The setting is very nice but everything else is a fail.
- Wonderful view but out of key itemsGaryVIPDined on 9/28/2014We went for two birthday celebrations and picked the spot because they had a selection of oysters, a request from both birthday people. Turns out, no oysters, no chicken, sea bass or even house Red wine... All very popular dishes/drinks. Also blew a $350 dinner celebration. Won't be going back.
- Great Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Stanley and Seafort's was an wonderful dinner experience, we had never been and my husband I celebrated our anniversary here. We enjoyed all the appetizers and dinner all the way to dessert and drinks. We will be back soon. :0) Pretty spendy $$$ so it's great for that once a year treat! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find another RestaurantSam49Dined on 9/27/2014A very disappointing experience was had by all 6 persons in our group. The food was sent back to the kitchen by two in our party. I actually sent mine back twice. In all cases the sides were cold and not one person had a satisfactory meal. McDonalds would have been an upgrade.Special Features:
- Five Star Dining Experiencebookgirlac19Dined on 9/27/2014A dining experience is not complete without top notch service any you get that and more at Stanley and Seaforts. Service is stellar! We began our evening seated in the bar prior to our reservation time. Our waitress whose name I did not get couldn't have been any more accommodating. When she discovered we were celebrating our anniversary she made sure we were moved to a window seat in the bar and asked if we would like to enjoy dinner there instead of moving to the restaurant. The view was so lovely we stayed put! We were able to take advantage of happy hour prices for our appetizers and drinks and followed up with a scrumptious dinner. For a special occasion or just a quick happy hour bite you can't go wrong with Stanley and Seaforts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated my 49th birthday with a few friends, this is my second visit and I was really happy with everything. They were very busy so service was a tad slow but it was understandable we all had a lot of talking to do. The food was excellent!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/24/2014The menu, food and service only get better and better. And the view ! Great spot to stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C and MOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The Prime Rib was overcooked and the root vegetables were undercooked and dried out. The waitress was very good and made the experience enjoyable.
- Great Service and FoodBilllaDined on 9/20/2014Overall the food was very good and the service was excellent. We were very well taken care of during our wait for a table and our wait staff was polite, fun and attentive. My only disappointment was that I had put in the notes that this was a special occasion and I preferred a view table - arriving, we were placed against the far back wall - not what I expected.Special Features:
- marty's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We got there early and they got us in. We had made reservations the week before and had to reschedule. Very nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view beyond exquisiteYummy2VIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was wonderful and the service was also very attentive and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Experiencefarr76Dined on 9/19/2014We have eaten here many times and they never disappoint. Our dinners were very good and the service was awesome even though they were extremely busy with a lot of people heading out to the Blake Shelton Concert.Special Features:
- Great View!AJayDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant itself has a wonderful view. I've been both during day and into the evening. The lights of the city at night are just beautiful and very romantic ~ my favorite time to go. I had a house scratch margarita and it was very good! For my most recent meal, I had the Roasted Chicken Dijon, which I thought was mediocre.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantSoupsieDined on 9/19/2014This has always been our favorite restaurant, but the past few times we've been in they seemed to be struggling with the food being great. This visit restored our faith! Two things should be noted - sitting by the window, there was no room to move because they have people packed in like sardines. In fact my daughter coming back from the restroom had her hand smashed getting to her seat because the chairs are all so close. The other is the water temperature in the bathrooms. In both the mens and women's bathrooms we got burned by the scalding water.Special Features:
- FoodLuvPrimeRibDined on 9/18/2014The service was great. We ordered the calamari for our appetizer and was served a huge plate of fried artichokes with little calamari. The prime rib was dry. Salmon was good the key lime pie was excellent. For the price nothing amazing. Flavor of the food bland
- Well doneTheCarGuyDined on 9/18/2014Our experience was top notch. With the great atmosphere, excellent service and food, our 10 year anniversary dinner was one we will remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall reviewTomFoodieDined on 9/18/2014Very nice ambiance and views of city, but your menu was not broad enough for true foodies. Your basically a steak house, that caters to meat and potato lovers. Which is good, but you might want to consider vegetarian or healthy meals, and broad your seafood dishes with less fried, with possibly a whole steamed fish, from the Pacific, not the Atlantic ocean, please. Finally, less heat in the Entouffee sauce (when you can't taste the food because of the heat! you have used too much for my taste puds. Overall it was a very nice outing. And thank you for the very good service and 20% military discount!! Nice touch!Special Features:
- Always PleasesCandyJTDined on 9/16/2014Stanley & Seafort's has always been a favorite. This was the first time I've been there for lunch. The food was great. The open face crab sandwich is one of the best I've had. The only thing that could have been better is that we were not greeted by the waitress, or given our water, for about 10 minutes or so after we were seated. In a fine dining restaurant, that seemed a bit excessive. Once she finally appeared, she did give us good service, and the food came quickly.Special Features:
- Disappointed!disappointedVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were rushed by our waiter, even after stating that we were not in a hurry. Our steaks were over cooked and we were made to feel bad about returning them to the kitchen. Our wine came when dinner was almost over. This restaurant should have better standards and service.Special Features:
- MybetterfoofDined on 9/12/2014The clam chowder was uniquely good as were the oyster shooters. The elk medaiiions were tender and tasty. While all in our group enjoyed the food and the view the service we received from a very experienced waitress made our dining especially pleasurable. I will make it a point to return to this restaurant on my next trip to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th wedding anniversarycrimreaper1Dined on 9/12/2014Hostess got us seated earlier than our reservation time and at a better table than planned. Our waitress, Kyla, was awesome. Ordered salad, clam chowder, scallops and elk. Salad was excellent. It came with these blue cheese filled pastries things that I can only say were delicious. Chowder was partly deconstructed on arrival but Kyla did the constructing at the table. Best we have ever had and we have had clam chowder from coast to coast. Scallops were also delicious but the breading was a little much on a few of the scallops and took away from the other flavors. The elk was great; melted in your mouth just like it should. Dessert was creme burlee and chocolate cake which were both heavenly and decadent. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLibbiDined on 9/6/2014I visit Stanley and Seaforts on a very regular basis. This trip was for my birthday. Being part of the dining club, I had received a $20 credit. Might as well use it. I was not real happy with my experience this time. There were 6 of us, and we were seated in a booth with no immediate view. There were other spots in the dining room to accommodate us, however it seemed as we were shoved into this spot. The experience was hit and miss. Some food was good, part of the service was good. I am sad that our experience was not what it normally is!!Special Features:
- A disappointment!Chesney123Dined on 9/5/2014This used to be our spot for celebrating special occasions since the food used to be good. We asked for our steaks to be medium and they came out well done. The salmon was dry as well. I have to say it appeared that our food sat under the heat lamp way too long. Not sure I will be back. I will say the service was good though.Special Features:
- Last minute surprisemmgrahamDined on 9/2/2014My Wife and I Chose to celebrate our 11 year anniversary at Stanley and Seafort's. We did not have a lot of time to plan for our evening out and made our decision on a spur of the moment. As it turns out we were pleased from the time we walked in through the time we left. The staff , food and drinks were fabulous. This is definitely an establishment we will return to again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You!!JpjewettDined on 8/31/2014I made reservations late in the day, not expecting to get a nice window seat for my wife & I. It was our 40th Wedding Anniversary that night. We were very happy with the whole experience from enjoying drinks in your bar to being led through the dining area to our window seat with beautiful view. Our waitress could not have been more attentive or the food more delicious!!! The special complementary dessert was very appreciated!! What a wonderful experience & will recommend Stanley & Seaforts to all our friends!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.