Stanley & Seafort's
115 East 34th
Tacoma, WA 98404Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Stanley & Seafort's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://stanleyandseaforts.com/page/home
- Phone: 2534737300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: Monday-Friday: 11am-4pm
Dinner Hours: Monday-Friday: 4pm-10pm, Saturday 11am-11pm, Sunday 11am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jere Scott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and non-private seating for groups up to 30.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and non-private seating for groups up to 30. The restaurant can be booked on weekend mornings and afternoons.
- Private Party Contact: Sherry Arntson 2534737300x
A word from Stanley & Seafort's
From the moment you walk through the doors, you'll know it is time to relax and have a great meal. The breathtaking views, the gracious hospitality and honest cuisine work together to ensure that your dining experience is a memorable one. Enjoy a succulent steak or a plump fillet of Fresh King Salmon and you'll know why Stanley and Seafort's is a Tacoma original...Continued
Stanley and Seafort's. Tacoma's Landmark Dinnerhouse.
Stanley and Seafort's. Tacoma's Landmark Dinnerhouse.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stanley & Seafort's - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Stanley & Seafort's reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (180)special occasion (159)romantic (104)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (37)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (16)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Great restrauntOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014Great restraunt, but they steak(new York strip) I had lacked flavor. Was cooked to as requested but tasted as they cut it off the cow and did nothing else to it. Left me wanting steak sauce. Would not recommend this restraunt for steak, but everything else we ate was great. Service was great. The valet driver had our car running when we left and had heated seats on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dull and boringAnnieVIPDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant hasn't changed it's menu since the 80's. The food is the same but it just doesn't taste as good because it's so hum drum. Even the old "standby's"... like chicken or fish taste bland. (or dry) Service is slow even when they're not busy. The setting is very nice but everything else is a fail.
- Wonderful view but out of key itemsGaryVIPDined on 9/28/2014We went for two birthday celebrations and picked the spot because they had a selection of oysters, a request from both birthday people. Turns out, no oysters, no chicken, sea bass or even house Red wine... All very popular dishes/drinks. Also blew a $350 dinner celebration. Won't be going back.
- Find another RestaurantSam49Dined on 9/27/2014A very disappointing experience was had by all 6 persons in our group. The food was sent back to the kitchen by two in our party. I actually sent mine back twice. In all cases the sides were cold and not one person had a satisfactory meal. McDonalds would have been an upgrade.Special Features:
- Five Star Dining Experiencebookgirlac19Dined on 9/27/2014A dining experience is not complete without top notch service any you get that and more at Stanley and Seaforts. Service is stellar! We began our evening seated in the bar prior to our reservation time. Our waitress whose name I did not get couldn't have been any more accommodating. When she discovered we were celebrating our anniversary she made sure we were moved to a window seat in the bar and asked if we would like to enjoy dinner there instead of moving to the restaurant. The view was so lovely we stayed put! We were able to take advantage of happy hour prices for our appetizers and drinks and followed up with a scrumptious dinner. For a special occasion or just a quick happy hour bite you can't go wrong with Stanley and Seaforts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated my 49th birthday with a few friends, this is my second visit and I was really happy with everything. They were very busy so service was a tad slow but it was understandable we all had a lot of talking to do. The food was excellent!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/24/2014The menu, food and service only get better and better. And the view ! Great spot to stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C and MOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The Prime Rib was overcooked and the root vegetables were undercooked and dried out. The waitress was very good and made the experience enjoyable.
- Great Service and FoodBilllaDined on 9/20/2014Overall the food was very good and the service was excellent. We were very well taken care of during our wait for a table and our wait staff was polite, fun and attentive. My only disappointment was that I had put in the notes that this was a special occasion and I preferred a view table - arriving, we were placed against the far back wall - not what I expected.Special Features:
- marty's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We got there early and they got us in. We had made reservations the week before and had to reschedule. Very nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view beyond exquisiteYummy2VIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was wonderful and the service was also very attentive and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Experiencefarr76Dined on 9/19/2014We have eaten here many times and they never disappoint. Our dinners were very good and the service was awesome even though they were extremely busy with a lot of people heading out to the Blake Shelton Concert.Special Features:
- Great View!AJayDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant itself has a wonderful view. I've been both during day and into the evening. The lights of the city at night are just beautiful and very romantic ~ my favorite time to go. I had a house scratch margarita and it was very good! For my most recent meal, I had the Roasted Chicken Dijon, which I thought was mediocre.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantSoupsieDined on 9/19/2014This has always been our favorite restaurant, but the past few times we've been in they seemed to be struggling with the food being great. This visit restored our faith! Two things should be noted - sitting by the window, there was no room to move because they have people packed in like sardines. In fact my daughter coming back from the restroom had her hand smashed getting to her seat because the chairs are all so close. The other is the water temperature in the bathrooms. In both the mens and women's bathrooms we got burned by the scalding water.Special Features:
- FoodLuvPrimeRibDined on 9/18/2014The service was great. We ordered the calamari for our appetizer and was served a huge plate of fried artichokes with little calamari. The prime rib was dry. Salmon was good the key lime pie was excellent. For the price nothing amazing. Flavor of the food bland
- Well doneTheCarGuyDined on 9/18/2014Our experience was top notch. With the great atmosphere, excellent service and food, our 10 year anniversary dinner was one we will remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall reviewTomFoodieDined on 9/18/2014Very nice ambiance and views of city, but your menu was not broad enough for true foodies. Your basically a steak house, that caters to meat and potato lovers. Which is good, but you might want to consider vegetarian or healthy meals, and broad your seafood dishes with less fried, with possibly a whole steamed fish, from the Pacific, not the Atlantic ocean, please. Finally, less heat in the Entouffee sauce (when you can't taste the food because of the heat! you have used too much for my taste puds. Overall it was a very nice outing. And thank you for the very good service and 20% military discount!! Nice touch!Special Features:
- Always PleasesCandyJTDined on 9/16/2014Stanley & Seafort's has always been a favorite. This was the first time I've been there for lunch. The food was great. The open face crab sandwich is one of the best I've had. The only thing that could have been better is that we were not greeted by the waitress, or given our water, for about 10 minutes or so after we were seated. In a fine dining restaurant, that seemed a bit excessive. Once she finally appeared, she did give us good service, and the food came quickly.Special Features:
- Disappointed!disappointedVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were rushed by our waiter, even after stating that we were not in a hurry. Our steaks were over cooked and we were made to feel bad about returning them to the kitchen. Our wine came when dinner was almost over. This restaurant should have better standards and service.Special Features:
- MybetterfoofDined on 9/12/2014The clam chowder was uniquely good as were the oyster shooters. The elk medaiiions were tender and tasty. While all in our group enjoyed the food and the view the service we received from a very experienced waitress made our dining especially pleasurable. I will make it a point to return to this restaurant on my next trip to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th wedding anniversarycrimreaper1Dined on 9/12/2014Hostess got us seated earlier than our reservation time and at a better table than planned. Our waitress, Kyla, was awesome. Ordered salad, clam chowder, scallops and elk. Salad was excellent. It came with these blue cheese filled pastries things that I can only say were delicious. Chowder was partly deconstructed on arrival but Kyla did the constructing at the table. Best we have ever had and we have had clam chowder from coast to coast. Scallops were also delicious but the breading was a little much on a few of the scallops and took away from the other flavors. The elk was great; melted in your mouth just like it should. Dessert was creme burlee and chocolate cake which were both heavenly and decadent. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLibbiDined on 9/6/2014I visit Stanley and Seaforts on a very regular basis. This trip was for my birthday. Being part of the dining club, I had received a $20 credit. Might as well use it. I was not real happy with my experience this time. There were 6 of us, and we were seated in a booth with no immediate view. There were other spots in the dining room to accommodate us, however it seemed as we were shoved into this spot. The experience was hit and miss. Some food was good, part of the service was good. I am sad that our experience was not what it normally is!!Special Features:
- A disappointment!Chesney123Dined on 9/5/2014This used to be our spot for celebrating special occasions since the food used to be good. We asked for our steaks to be medium and they came out well done. The salmon was dry as well. I have to say it appeared that our food sat under the heat lamp way too long. Not sure I will be back. I will say the service was good though.Special Features:
- Last minute surprisemmgrahamDined on 9/2/2014My Wife and I Chose to celebrate our 11 year anniversary at Stanley and Seafort's. We did not have a lot of time to plan for our evening out and made our decision on a spur of the moment. As it turns out we were pleased from the time we walked in through the time we left. The staff , food and drinks were fabulous. This is definitely an establishment we will return to again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You!!JpjewettDined on 8/31/2014I made reservations late in the day, not expecting to get a nice window seat for my wife & I. It was our 40th Wedding Anniversary that night. We were very happy with the whole experience from enjoying drinks in your bar to being led through the dining area to our window seat with beautiful view. Our waitress could not have been more attentive or the food more delicious!!! The special complementary dessert was very appreciated!! What a wonderful experience & will recommend Stanley & Seaforts to all our friends!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKogeeDined on 8/29/2014Great experience - well worth the 100 mile drive. --------------------------------Special Features:
- Fabulous; as always!AlwaysHungryDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at Stanley & Seafort's and, as always, the service was outstanding, the food was perfect and the view spectacular. I had flowers sent earlier in the day, and they kept them in the refrigerator for us, and then after dinner offered a Creme Brule' on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, poor serviceBellinghamFoodieDined on 8/27/2014I was underwhelmed by the lack of service for a restaurant this pricey. Perhaps it's because our waiter thought 23 year olds weren't going to give him a good tip, but if I'm paying $60 dollars for two entrees and another $20 for drinks, I expect outstanding service regardless. We waited 15 minutes to be seated when we had reservations. My date's water sat empty for half the meal and I was forced to wander over to another table to pick up a drink menu. Our empty plates sat in front of us for over 10 minutes. In fact, disappointed may be an understatement for this review. Aside from the service, the view was beautiful and the gimlet was the best I've every had. The mahi mahi, salmon, and veggies were cooked and seasoned exquisitely.Special Features:
- Not impressed with foodUnimpressedDined on 8/27/2014We ordered steaks fillet mingon for me and sirloin for her. My steak was ordinary hers was fine. my aparagas was limp and burnt. My clam chowder was also ordinary. For the price it should have been spectacular.Special Features:
- Beautiful place for dinnerjimbonyDined on 8/26/2014Food was great and the waitress was top notch. The view is amazing and the ambiance is very nice. We will be back and would recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner SundayExploringMyPalateDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I had a gift card and chose to do the early seating dinner to stretch the gift. 3 courses for $26/pp. Bread - fresh, soft, warm Iceberg wedge - best balsamic vinaigrette ever African spice pulled chicken soup - unique and delicious Steak - Juicy and tender, Fries - Crisp outside, warm & soft center Chicken alfredo - hefty portion, great flavor, but a tad salty I'm guessing due to the bacon Key Lime Pie - creamy, strong flavor, but good balance with whipped cream topping Waffle sundae - Perfect waffle! Warm with a light crispy outside and a fluffy inside served with smooth vanilla ice cream. Would certain want to return if this is the standard, but a bit pricey for us for a regular outing. Hope to return for happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterAvatDined on 8/21/2014When we visited your restaurant in May it was wonderful. I had the salmon with cherries. However, this time I spent over $40 for a Very Overcook Lobster. The meal was only fair and we may not return until the salmon is again on the menu.Special Features:
- Just OKDavidDined on 8/21/2014Visited the restaurant after several recommendatios. The service was inconsistent, poor, and the food.....well, nothing special.Special Features:
- RockyDined on 8/18/2014I usually enjoy the food at Stsnley's but it wasn't up to par on this occasion. On the recommendation of our server I ordered the pork loin from that evenings specials. Unfortunately it wasn't t very good, dry and a bit overlooked. Also, the vegetables that accompanied it were unappetizing. I should have sent it back but didn't. I noticed that other dinners who ordered this meal received a plumber, juicer looking piece of meat.Special Features:
- Prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014All four of us ordered prime rib and it was not up to Stanley's usual, which used to be the best in T townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetiredEDTTTDined on 8/17/2014...so happy that the meatloaf is back on the menu. It should be a standard menu item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousbkathyDined on 8/15/2014I highly recommend the smoked steak. It has the most amazing flavor! Great place for birthdays and anniversaries too since they serve complimentary burnt cream. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRichDined on 8/15/2014I have been passing by Stanley & Seafort's for decades when driving on Interstate #5 and have always thought what a great dining experience that would and will have to try it sometime. I finally made reservations in celebration of a friends birthday. I was not dissappointed. It's a perfect place to celebrate special occasions. Nice variety of menu items at reasonable prices. Food was good and our server delightful. And of course the view - spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice- will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Made reservations for dining room but when we arrived there was a nice 4 seat bar seat with a view. We opted to dine there and have fun with our friends. the scenic view was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlacefirstdateDined on 8/14/2014It was my first time there and my date and I had a great time. The food was excellent and the view was amazing. The service was very good and our tea glasses were kept filled. I definitely would recommend this place to anyone. The cost of the meal is a little pricey but well worth it. Great for a first date, anniversary, birthday or just because your hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.