Stanley & Seafort's
115 East 34th
Tacoma, WA 98404Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Stanley & Seafort's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://stanleyandseaforts.com/page/home
- Phone: 2534737300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: Monday-Friday: 11am-4pm
Dinner Hours: Monday-Friday: 4pm-10pm, Saturday 11am-11pm, Sunday 11am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jere Scott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and non-private seating for groups up to 30.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and non-private seating for groups up to 30. The restaurant can be booked on weekend mornings and afternoons.
- Private Party Contact: Sherry Arntson 2534737300x
A word from Stanley & Seafort's
From the moment you walk through the doors, you'll know it is time to relax and have a great meal. The breathtaking views, the gracious hospitality and honest cuisine work together to ensure that your dining experience is a memorable one. Enjoy a succulent steak or a plump fillet of Fresh King Salmon and you'll know why Stanley and Seafort's is a Tacoma original...Continued
Stanley and Seafort's. Tacoma's Landmark Dinnerhouse.
Stanley and Seafort's. Tacoma's Landmark Dinnerhouse.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Stanley & Seafort's - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Stanley & Seafort's reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (177)special occasion (161)romantic (101)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (36)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (24)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great experienceKogeeDined on 8/29/2014Great experience - well worth the 100 mile drive. --------------------------------Special Features:
- Fantastic food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I was underwhelmed by the lack of service for a restaurant this pricey. Perhaps it's because our waiter thought 23 year olds weren't going to give him a good tip, but if I'm paying $60 dollars for two entrees and another $20 for drinks, I expect outstanding service regardless. We waited 15 minutes to be seated when we had reservations. My date's water sat empty for half the meal and I was forced to wander over to another table to pick up a drink menu. Our empty plates sat in front of us for over 10 minutes. In fact, disappointed may be an understatement for this review. Aside from the service, the view was beautiful and the gimlet was the best I've every had. The mahi mahi, salmon, and veggies were cooked and seasoned exquisitely.Special Features:
- Not impressed with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We ordered steaks fillet mingon for me and sirloin for her. My steak was ordinary hers was fine. my aparagas was limp and burnt. My clam chowder was also ordinary. For the price it should have been spectacular.Special Features:
- Beautiful place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Food was great and the waitress was top notch. The view is amazing and the ambiance is very nice. We will be back and would recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner SundayExploringMyPalateDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I had a gift card and chose to do the early seating dinner to stretch the gift. 3 courses for $26/pp. Bread - fresh, soft, warm Iceberg wedge - best balsamic vinaigrette ever African spice pulled chicken soup - unique and delicious Steak - Juicy and tender, Fries - Crisp outside, warm & soft center Chicken alfredo - hefty portion, great flavor, but a tad salty I'm guessing due to the bacon Key Lime Pie - creamy, strong flavor, but good balance with whipped cream topping Waffle sundae - Perfect waffle! Warm with a light crispy outside and a fluffy inside served with smooth vanilla ice cream. Would certain want to return if this is the standard, but a bit pricey for us for a regular outing. Hope to return for happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterAvatDined on 8/21/2014When we visited your restaurant in May it was wonderful. I had the salmon with cherries. However, this time I spent over $40 for a Very Overcook Lobster. The meal was only fair and we may not return until the salmon is again on the menu.Special Features:
- Just OKDavidDined on 8/21/2014Visited the restaurant after several recommendatios. The service was inconsistent, poor, and the food.....well, nothing special.Special Features:
- RockyDined on 8/18/2014I usually enjoy the food at Stsnley's but it wasn't up to par on this occasion. On the recommendation of our server I ordered the pork loin from that evenings specials. Unfortunately it wasn't t very good, dry and a bit overlooked. Also, the vegetables that accompanied it were unappetizing. I should have sent it back but didn't. I noticed that other dinners who ordered this meal received a plumber, juicer looking piece of meat.Special Features:
- Prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014All four of us ordered prime rib and it was not up to Stanley's usual, which used to be the best in T townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetiredEDTTTDined on 8/17/2014...so happy that the meatloaf is back on the menu. It should be a standard menu item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousbkathyDined on 8/15/2014I highly recommend the smoked steak. It has the most amazing flavor! Great place for birthdays and anniversaries too since they serve complimentary burnt cream. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRichDined on 8/15/2014I have been passing by Stanley & Seafort's for decades when driving on Interstate #5 and have always thought what a great dining experience that would and will have to try it sometime. I finally made reservations in celebration of a friends birthday. I was not dissappointed. It's a perfect place to celebrate special occasions. Nice variety of menu items at reasonable prices. Food was good and our server delightful. And of course the view - spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice- will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Made reservations for dining room but when we arrived there was a nice 4 seat bar seat with a view. We opted to dine there and have fun with our friends. the scenic view was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlacefirstdateDined on 8/14/2014It was my first time there and my date and I had a great time. The food was excellent and the view was amazing. The service was very good and our tea glasses were kept filled. I definitely would recommend this place to anyone. The cost of the meal is a little pricey but well worth it. Great for a first date, anniversary, birthday or just because your hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I love the scenic view and my prime rib but my vegetables were maybe cooked for 30 seconds. The service was great and they gave us a free dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to upscale dinner placeww27Dined on 8/11/2014We love Stanley & Seaforts, we've been coming for a few years and it's become our go-to for birthdays or other special occasions. Sometimes there is no occasion, we are just craving the never-miss prime rib or fish entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!wdchristina50Dined on 8/11/2014Went in for our anniversary, the waitress was so attentive, since this was our first time there she went over a few popular dishes and drinks with us which was a nice touch.. we had the rock salt prime rib and the seafood etouffee super yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service, food and viewjdhoggDined on 8/9/2014Went here for anniversary dinner, server was very helpful attentive and welcoming. Food was very delicious and received a free creme Brule dessert to share for anniversary. Amazing view of Tacoma and sound. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014This is my 3rd time at this resturant and everytime is great this time especially. My mom was in from Ohio and we had a great time from the drinks to the food to the waitress (Melissa) to the Deseret and all over experience. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- katugaDined on 8/9/2014Prefer window seating next time not in the middle of the room next to the stairs.Special Features:
- JosephineDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful view of Tacoma! The room a little dark and cold. The food is good not outstanding.Special Features:
- LunchDisappointedDined on 8/9/2014Waiter was attentive but not intrusive and was very professional. Host staff was busy on the phone so another hostess/floor manager stepped right up to seat us. My husband ordered a crusted chicken dish and unfortunately was served a visibly (after he cut into it & ate the first bite) raw piece. We were celebrating his birthday and this was not a good start to the celebration. It was replaced immediately but unfortunately within 30 minutes we were home as he was suffering with intestinal distress from the chicken. Use of a food thermometer on each plate would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server ruined the experienceFeedTheBeastDined on 8/5/2014I've been here at least 50 times and usually get good food and service. Food was good as usual but the Server definitely made the experience one that I nor my girlfriend did not enjoy to say the least. We ate in the bar as there were many open tables with views available. He gave all canned responses and tried to oversell everything. Very condescending responses as well on occasion. We always strive to be super nice to servers so it wasn't him being rude due to us. We were excited to be there to celebrate a birthday but he made the whole thing unpleasant. Service speed was good. I might go back to Stanley's, but will request a different server if need be. That being said the clam chowder was AMAZING!
- Wonderful SeriveTheKentBoysDined on 8/4/2014The View of the city was outstanding, the wait staff was very pleasant. Loved the early bird dinner menu the bacon wrapped meatloaf was outstanding and as well as the Key lime pie. The restaurant was very clean and quiet no screaming kids. Andi was a very outstanding waitress and very friendly.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedTomLDined on 8/3/2014Got to admit that it has been a number of years since my last visit to Stanley & Seaforts but it is still one of the finest restaurants in the Tacoma area. Great food and great friendly service.Special Features:
- A little disappointedJustfoodforfunDined on 8/1/2014My wife an I have been to Stanley & Seaforts on 3 prior occasions with a pretty good experience. We decided to take my parents and my daughter who was celebrating her 21st birthday. We were not very impressed this time. The service seemed slow and my steak was way over cooked then way under cooked. I finally gave up and just took the steak home and cooked it the rest of the way. They were apologetic and also removed it from our tab which was approaching $400 for 6 people with 2 non drinkers. However the damage was done and the evening wasn't quite what we had planned. When you pay over $40 for a steak you expect it to be cooked correctly. Probably won't go back when there are so many choices.Special Features:
- Prime Rib is excellentJdmmtravelsDined on 7/31/2014The Prime Rib was excellent, the Rock salt based rib added great flavor and the meat was cooked properly. Service was a attentive and flexible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantLydiaSDined on 7/30/2014I've been a customer at Stanley & Seaforts for nearly 30 years! The food is consistently good. The wait staff are always courteous and helpful. Some of the staff have there since I started dining here! That is telling of a great establishment. I have also been here with large groups for birthdays and to celebrate New Year's Eve. This place is classy! Oh, I forgot to mention the excellent views.Special Features:
- great2thdocDined on 7/29/2014The servers assisted in accommodating all special requests. The food was, as usual, very good.Special Features:
- Kids MenuTerpDocDined on 7/26/2014Stunning location and meal overall. Great service. Our 12 year old couldn't possibly finish the Kids Menu pasta. Imagine younger kids wouldn't be at SF, but if they are, one item would be plenty to feed 2 younger kids.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerromancingthefoodDined on 7/26/2014The view of Tacoma is outstanding especially in the summer. The staff is friendly and efficient but not pushy. Finally the food presentation and taste is fantastic. Yes the price is higher than a casual dining restaurant but you do get what you pay for and you will be nicely rewarded here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I have always enjoyed Stanley and Seaforths but my meal was dry and unappetizing. It looked like it had sit under the lights too long.
- Our "Special" SpotCigarXODined on 7/24/2014In 20+ years of marriage, Stanley's of Tacoma has always been our special occassion destination. At one time, the only premier restaurant in town, Tacoma now has several choices of which Stanley's remains among the top. Nice bar for pre-dinner drinks & appetizers, great views & service and very good food.Special Features:
- the worst dining experience in 60yrtookindDined on 7/24/2014terriable. over priced, very small portions, not great food-in fact very sub par,noisey,for a special dining experience that we were looking forward to- it was a total flop!
- It doesn't get any better than thisKentKonnoisseurDined on 7/22/2014For truly remarkable gatherings, there is only one place for us in the south Puget Sound region for dinner, and that is Stanley and Seafort's. The staff, from the front door to the bar, to our server and other staff who came by to acknowledge our guest of honor, were infused with the same goodness their food is famous for. We started out with fresh oysters on the half shell and moved into salads, then the main course. I had seared seafood linguine - OMG! Others had Prime Rib - it was remarkable, and one guest had the seafood combo salad that could have been the best meal of the night. We shared a couple of deserts and topped everything off with a signature chocolate martini. OK, we indulged. The view that night was colorfully stupendous.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We were looking forward to a fish dinner, and discovered many dishes had scallops or scallops in the sauce. Since I'm very allergic I discussed with the waiter. They had no trouble accommodating and the result was I was able to relax and very much enjoyed my altered meal. Hubby also enjoyed his. Liked the Spanish soup. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServicetzcheckDined on 7/20/2014Always love the service and how special all your staff make each and every guest feel! We had a great brunch on Father's day and a really nice First Seating Dinner on 7-20-14. Our favorites are always the Pea Salad and the Burnt Cream...and even the moderately priced steaks melt in your mouth. There is a wide and varied menu, so definitely want to go more often to try more dishes. Our only complaint came from one of our party that had the Halibut Cheeks.They seemed to be breaded and deep fried....not what we would have expected. They are so delicate and generally very expensive and only available for a short season......she would have preferred a more delicate style of prep....say sauteed or lightly seasoned and grilled?Special Features:
- wutafinetimeDined on 7/19/2014The staff was very pleasant, our waitress was exceptional. The food was awesome, I wanted to kiss the chefs!! The atmosphere was romantic, not a bad seat in the house. The complementary birthday dessert was very sweet. We had a super time and plan to do it again! Totally going to check out happy hour sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Very fine dining. The best dining in Tacoma Washington and the Seattle area. I have already told my friends about my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouscherimmhmmDined on 7/18/2014We came for our anniversary. Food was amazing. They were very attentive and we got a complimentary dessert for our anniversary. Be sure to try the Grilled Teriyaki Tenderloin appetizer, it's perfect.Special Features: