Stanford's - Lloyd Center
913 Lloyd Center
Portland, OR 97232Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stanford's - Lloyd Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stanfords.com/
- Phone: (503) 335-0811
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Ziegler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stanford's - Lloyd Center
Whether you are craving fresh seafood, a gourmet hamburger, a perfectly prepared steak or another of our delicious offerings come join the neighborhood crowd for lunch, dinner or our popular happy hour. Enjoy the classy and comfortable atmosphere surrounded with the warmth of wood and intimate lighting and where our experienced restaurant team is eager to please and delight you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Stanford's - Lloyd Center - Best Restaurants in Northeast Portland ›
Stanford's - Lloyd Center reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)late-night find (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- GREAT AS ALWAYSmollykDined on 11/8/2014My friend and I eat here at least once a month. Not only are the food and service great, but the noise level is good and we are able to talk to each other without having to shout to be heard or strain to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hourhappy2eatDined on 11/1/2014We were planning to eat dinner in the restaurant but decided to go into the bar for happy hour and to watch football instead. The food and service were great. I have eaten in the restaurant several times before and have always had a good experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurant and foodPhylDined on 10/30/2014We have eaten a lot thru the years. Special place in our hearts. Keep up the great work.Special Features:
- Great concert night restaurant!HepwolffDined on 10/21/2014We were attending the Jimmy Buffet concert at the Moda Center and made reservations the morning of the concert at 6:30. We arrived early and they were able to seat us early at a great table even though the restaurant was packed. The server recommended the ribs and they were great. Overall a really nice beginning to a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed!KarenDined on 10/21/2014The service was good, this is a great location so very dissapointed in overall experience. The food was expensive and only mediocre quality. My french dip had no flavor, and the shrimp tacos just looked grey. Overall not a great time.
- ReunioncatchupDined on 10/14/2014Met up with a old neighborhood buddy and his wife while they were in town. Restaurant offers a wide variety of food choices that work with everyone. Prime location (near downtown hotels, etc.) and wonderful feel.Special Features:
- Great Service and Good foodhappy2eatDined on 9/27/2014I met my son and his girlfriend here before going to the game. Our server, Ashley came by several times checking to see if we needed anything or were ready to order. She was very friendly and patient. The food was and service was great. It was a great start to our night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost raw meat!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014We ordered prime rib; 3 med rare; one medium. The medium rare's were so rare (almost raw/cold) they could hardly be eaten.
- late night at Stanford'sLaw5guyVIPDined on 9/23/2014We had a 9:30 reservation on a week night. Front desk coverage was pretty intermittent. Yeah, there wasn't a lot of traffic, but it didn't feel good standing there, waiting for someone to show up. The food was good, not spectacular but then you don't go to Stanford's for spectacular food, just solid, good food. Service was actually a bit slow but not horribly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good standbyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014We selected Stanford's for the easy to get location, easy reservations, and reliable menu. The service was impeccable and we never felt rushed though our large group tended to linger. The only menu item that two of our guests left on their plates was the quesadilla, otherwise the food was great!Special Features:
- Great location for night out!Janet2014Dined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is centrally located to both the hotel where our out of town friends stayed for the night and the Lloyd Center Mall where they passed the time. Our server was attentive, beverages were provided quickly and the food was wonderful. We had a show to get to, with limited time to enjoy our meal, but service was timely and we made our show time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Happy HourVirgocookVIPDined on 9/10/2014We went for drinks and happy hour - the food is reasonably priced and we ordered several appetizers - better be hungry because the portions are quite large. Friendly service and interesting drinks. Very accessible from Lloyd's Center - Max is close.Special Features:
- First TimeMiloVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had been to Stanford's for wine but this was our first time for dinner. Since we were having dinner before the Eagles concert it was busy but not slow. It helped to have a reservation as many had to wait and we were taken right in. We had the Halibut/Prawn over rice and it was very good, and for the rice it seemed to have a very tasty flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Stanford's - Lloyd Center reviews archive.
- Always a good experience...modestdinerDined on 7/5/2014This Stanford's location always provides excellent service and excellent food.Special Features:
- Out door gemG8place2dineDined on 6/30/2014We went there and ate ouside. There was a big fountain right there to look at, the service was great. Our waitress was very busy, it was the night of the Cher concert, lots of people, but she took the time to answer questions, we never had to ask for refills on our drinks, she was always right there with fresh ones when ours got low. Our food was perfect. I ordered the skewers, cooked perfect and displayed beautifully on the plate. My husband had the linguine and was delisious. We had a beautiful evening enjoying the weather outside, the amazing food and perfect service. Couldn't of asked for more. I would definitely reccomend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Dining experienceDinermaxVIPDined on 6/23/2014Stanford's has regained their reputation for being reliable for food quality and customer service. Their occasional menu changes are good without taking away some of the all time favorites like fresh cut fries.Special Features:
- Great place to meet for lunchqueenofmydomainDined on 5/20/2014I was meeting a friend who needed to be in that area and looking at the other restaurants in the area which was alot of cultural restaurants and fast food places, this place fit the bill for ambience nicer that a fast food and good old "American" fare with a lot of variety and just plain good food. My friend is not of the adventurous type and this place was perfect! The spinach artichoke dip was yummy and my salad was just as good as well as my dessert which was bread pudding with cherries! Everything was very tasty and you needed to roll us out of that restaurant we were so full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEmollykDined on 5/17/2014If you haven't tried Stanfords in a while I suggest you try it again. The service and food are excellent and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Management is at it's best with every effort to please its customers.Special Features:
- Neighborhhod galdivaliousDined on 5/11/2014I go to Stanford's a lot cause I'm in the neighborhood and it a great place to meet up after shopping. The happy hour menu is one of the best around and I've always recieved great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood placeBeckyGHDined on 5/4/2014We eat at Stanford's a lot, whether it's in the bar for happy hour or in the restaurant before and after dinner menu. We eat there before games, before meetings, and with our groups of friends and it always had a great time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quick mealGFdinerVIPDined on 4/9/2014We often come here before a basketball game and can get a quick but satisfying meal. I am gluten-free and usually get the prime rib sandwich without the bread, not shaved but served in one whole piece of meat. It's like a small prime rib, served with the creamy horseradish sauce and a salad.Special Features:
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014Food was great. Boothes are too small. Service is perfunctory. I was impressed with the ribeye steak. The basamati rice was awesome. Best ever rice. Service, again, was perfunctory. Used to manage a Denny's. Trained my employees better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timePamelaDined on 3/22/2014Arrived and was seated almost immediately. Drink order taken and then we ordered. Everything was done in a timely manner with no hint of rush. Food arrived warm, looked good on plate and tasted even better. We even showed up with one extra person and they didn't bat an eye and had plenty of room for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moderate price - good foodPhilDined on 2/26/2014Everyone was very happy with there order, service was good. We had a relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE'LL BE BACKmollykDined on 2/15/2014The last time we ate at Stanfords there were a few problems with the food not being cooked properly. We discussed this with the manager and were told that she would look into it and see that the problems were taken care of. She did as she promised. Our meal on Saturday was perfect in every way. The service was outstanding. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you Stanfords for delivering as promised. We will be back.Special Features:
- First visit a winner.FinnyDined on 2/14/2014First time visiting this Stanford's location. I was lucky enough to get a last minute reservation on Valentine's Day which I booked online. Loved the online booking tool. Super quick and easy. Food, ambience, and server were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I eat lunch once a week hereKathyDined on 2/13/2014I eat lunch once a week here and the last couple of time I've been there it took 50 - 55 minutes to get my food, since I'm on my lunch hour when I get my food I have to get a to go box and then eat on my afternoon break at work :-(. This las time I made reservations and my food came within 20 minutes and the services was a 10. I did speak to the manager on both visits when the service was really busy and he told me that they were unusally busy that day?.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceJackDDined on 1/30/2014made online reservation. Despite a confirmation number the table for our group was not available. Ursurped by larger group. Alternatives were at first. Noisy, in traffic, and finally uncomfortable ( to small). Staff said it was because I made online reservations which do not consider the actual location and sittings. I don'T think this group will be back soon. This is a working group that has been meeting for over 20 years and needs enough space for tall guys as well as ability to talk and be heard. We regularly change locations to accommodate various members and menus.
- AverageCbokcVIPDined on 1/23/2014A very average restaurant. Service was just OK, prime rib was over seasoned, green beans too crisp, baked potato not an option, salad a little short of fresh. Over priced for what you get. Would only go back if I was going to be at the Lloyd Center for business and there were no better choices available.
- Nice!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Waiter was excellent...attentive, but not overbearing or hovering. The food was delicious. It was a relaxing environment and an enjoyable date for both myself and my spouse!Special Features:
- Very tastey food.firefrumpDined on 1/11/2014I got the soup of the day which was beer cheese soup... it's exactly as it sounds. I then dipped my fries in the soup. It was amazing! The burger was fabulous as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast service in a busy spotGFdinerVIPDined on 1/2/2014Went here before a basketball game and we were served extremely quickly. Made substitutions to our order and the server was quick to offer us a less expensive way to go--sharing! She was great and super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office holiday lunchPdxvalDined on 12/18/2013We arrived at different times and one of our party was seated in the bar for ten minutes before we realized we were separated at table waiting. Thank goodness for cell phone texts. Otherwise, great meal and lunch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunch spot500GMEDined on 12/16/2013Ideal place for business lunch. Good service & excellent food at reasonable price. Good parking since in a mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-mall food at the mallthinkapexDined on 11/29/2013Just because this location is at Lloyd Center Mall, it's definitely not mall food. The quality of food and service was top notch. Only gripe was a wish for more non-meat entree items. However, the Gardenburger was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly romanticLuvbirdsDined on 11/17/2013Went with my fiance to have our one year aniversery date and we plan on going back. The staff was super nice and very helpful. Would recomend that everyone visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Quality and serviceDinermaxVIPDined on 11/13/2013This restaurant is one of my favorites because the food is consistent, and the staff is very friendly. some of them I have known for several years and they always make me feel welcome.Special Features:
- service good, food...averagegrammyjoDined on 11/7/2013Had a birthday celebration at Stanfords/Lloyd Center. Made reservations on line - very easy and convenient when I needed to make a change. Server was excellent and accomodated our party nicely. Food was ...average. My entree was lukewarm at best, but didn't send it back because I was hungry. The best thing on the menu is the mac and cheese (which I didn't have this time). No one else had issues with their food. We will revisit Stanfords because of it's convenience.Special Features:
- We had guests in from outladyjDined on 10/31/2013We had guests in from out of town and it was a good place to go and have a nice lunch and we were not rushed to leave as we visited.Special Features:
- A Great Place for ConversationNancy2Dined on 10/19/2013Our group of 7 met for lunch and conversation, and it was great to be able to hear not only the people next to me, but also to converse with the women across the table. The wait staff was patient as we waited for the late arrivals and he was attentive to our needs. The recommendation of the hot apple cider was much appreciated and the variety on the menu met our varied tastes. At the end of lunch some of us asked if we could stay for a short meeting with coffee and dessert, and again the staff was accommodating to us. And,oh yes, the staff stepped up to take our picture, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.