Stanford's - Jantzen Beach
12200 N Parker Avenue
Portland, OR 97217Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stanford's - Jantzen Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stanfords.com/
- Phone: (503) 285-2005
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm -12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Dave Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stanford's - Jantzen Beach
Whether you are craving fresh seafood, a gourmet hamburger, a perfectly prepared steak or another of our delicious offerings come join the neighborhood crowd for lunch, dinner or our popular happy hour. Signature dishes include our cedar plank-roasted warm brie, our famous barbecue ribs, and delicious cocktails created by our talented team of local bartenders. Our classy and comfortable atmosphere surrounds you with warm wood and intimate lighting, and our experienced restaurant team is eager to please and delight you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Stanford's - Jantzen Beach - Best Restaurants in Hayden Island ›
Stanford's - Jantzen Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Had intended to spend a special meal with 4 generations at your Jantzen Beach Stanford’s restaurant on Saturday, Nov. 15th. My daughter, 10 year old granddaughter and her little friend came 75 miles to meet my 88 year old mother at our reservation time of 12:30pm. We were seated right away and received menus. Took a bit longer than most places to have our waiter show up to get our drink order, but he turned out to be very nice and quite attentive until he was tipped. Prices were a bit alarming, but our hope was that the food would be so good we wouldn’t care – that wasn’t the case. Our 5 finished dishes came at 3 different times instead of all at once. So those who were served first had their food sit getting cold as we waited for the all the dishes to finally arrive over a several minute period. My daughter had the special “Pumpkin Seed-Pesto Crusted Halibut & Prawns”. The dish was 95% vegetables and rice and a $2.00 piece of halibut – all for the outrageous price of $25! My granddaughter and her friends ordered Linguine Alfredo off the Kids’ Menu. They got greasy buttered noodles – no Alfredo. They were also to receive grapes & a sundae – which they didn’t. AND we were charged for their drinks which suppose to be included in the $7 price. My patty melt didn’t even come close to the taste of a local pub’s fare and they only charge $8. My mom was drinking decaf and after our meal the waiter came and took her cup which was half full of coffee to say he would bring her another fresh cup – we never saw him again, so she didn’t get to even finish her whole cup of coffee. Have you figured out by now we’ll never waste our time ever returning to any of your Stanford’s and will be sure to tell anyone we can not to waste their money?
- Amazing food experienceroadtripfoodieDined on 11/7/2014I stumbled upon this restaurant by way of trying to find a location that was not a typical franchise name. We were only in town for 1 night and wanted to find the best of the best, however with reasonable prices. Stanfords was all that and more. They offer an online reservation feature, in which we walked in at our scheduled resv and were immediately seated. The service was outstanding, and we appreciated that the evening manager was very eager to accomadate each whim from every patron (as observed). I cannot exagerate enough the food experience. Everything was fresh, and perfectly cooked. I highly recommend the patty melt- it's to die for. To top everything off, we had the most phenominal pumpkin sundae. I cannot wait to go againSpecial Features:
- Can't go wrong here!gardenDined on 10/28/2014We each tried a different item for lunch. Pantenlla Salad was huge and very delish, chicken strips were very good and the presentation was diner style which we appreciated, and the Quesadilla was lunch portion and it was huge. Had to ask for extra salsa though since the quesadilla was so generous and wanted the delish in each bite. Definitely would go back, we sat in a booth towards the back of the restaurant and it was very quiet back there. Comfortable and lighting was good. I noticed a ton of business lunch's going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit!daisymay1Dined on 10/24/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by Oxford suites staff where we were staying. We were looking for a good steak restaurant and certainly found it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely YUMMY!YummyDined on 9/17/2014We had a party of 5. The stars of the luncheon were the Steak Cob Salad and the French Dip Prime Rib. I plan on having one of these two great dishes served to me every couple of weeks. Generous portions, moderate pricing, good service. Unfortunately we were seated just under a speaker so the music was a bit loud ... but not really unpleasant. This was a group of women who periodically meet to exchange hugs, enjoy food, and chat about shared working experiences and we really enjoy each other's company. We stayed three hours - we were never made to feel uncomfortable for staying over our"allotted" time. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had reservations for 1:00 pm. Were all there on time. I had to go and find someone to take our order at 1:50. Same thing with getting our bill we had to wait. The music was much to load.Special Features:
- Impress Your CandidatesFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We use Stanford's for all our interview lunches. The food and service are great. It helps make a positive impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes a Good ImpressionFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014I use Stanford's for candidates when doing all day interviews. It is a good place for lunch and candidates enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/18/2014My family enjoyed dinner at Stanford's Jantzen Beach, as the food and service were very good. The Caesar salad, Club sandwich, fresh steelhead, and prime rib/salmon combo were all delicious. The bread that is served when one arrives is most tasty, and in fact is similar to a slice of deep dish cheese pizza. The three-course for $35.00 dinner was particularly attractive, as the waitress let us pick any desert that we wanted rather than forcing us to choice from one of the three deserts offered on the sunset dinner menu. We will definitely consider dining at Stanford's Jantzen Beach the next time we are along the Columbia River.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not againnanaDined on 8/17/2014The food was not great. It was a waste of our hard working money.
- My experience at Stanford's - JBPleasantDined on 8/6/2014The evening was very nice. We all enjoyed the food and great conversation. The staff was pleasant and very attentive. At least once a month I meet a friend for lunch. When we arrive the hostess adresses us by name. This is always the start to a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceTonyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food, service and atmosphere was great. The staff is very consistent in the level of service and food was even better than last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Stanford's - Jantzen Beach reviews archive.
- Nice Long LunchLibbiDined on 7/23/2014We meet once every 6 months in a "half-way spot." This time we chose Stanfords. The food was good, however, the server was not quite what I have experienced at Stanfords. I asked about an item I had had before, instead of offering up what menu I would find it on, she shrugged it off and said it is probably on the Happy Hour menu. Other Stanfords I have visited, offered to get the item even though it was not on the menu. I felt a little put off by the experience. In the end, our food was great, however by the time we were done, we had interacted with 3 different servers. Our original server did not even explain that someone else would be taking over. Someone else took our dessert order, and in the end, someone else took our payment.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Very disappointed in our meal. The prime rib was full of fat and gristle. I bet I didn't get but two bites off of it! The salmon was so dry and brittle I didn't touch it. Stanford's was one of out favorite restaurants in the past, it was our daughter's birthday and she requested that we go there. I don't believe we will be visiting your restaurant again. On the good side, our waitress was great and the drinks were good
- Fun night!MikeDDined on 7/11/2014We had a good time at Stanford's. Good food at a good price.Special Features:
- tourist zonefood1kingDined on 7/1/2014I wanted to eat someplace decent in Portland. This would be one of the best Portland would be able to offer. I don't think the locals would come here.. Just a few of us tourist were there.
- Averagebj916Dined on 6/15/2014This is an OK restaurant. It's a chain, what do you want? The service was good. The food was average. The decor is predictable.Special Features:
- One of our new favoritesgeorgiaDined on 6/15/2014We have discovered Happy Hour here, also a good menu for other meals. By registering their card many generous discounts are available. They also give gift cards on special occasions such as Mother's Day and Father's Day. Food is very good and well presented. We go here two or three times a month.Special Features:
- Service with a smileseefooddieterDined on 6/12/2014Entertaining out-of-state relatives for dinner is so easy with Stanfords. Waiters with respect and a smile do as much for a great meal as good food. We were blessed with both. Darrin was the epitome of good service. My 81-year old cousin remarked that she had believed that this type of service had died in the US. He was courteous but, most importantly, not flippant. Not once did he say "you guys" or something to that effect. The meal was outstanding, as usual. Thank you for helping make a long, overdue, family reunion a great success.Special Features:
- Great for Business LunchesFoodieVIPDined on 6/5/2014I regularly use Stanford's for business lunches and interview candidates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Addition to a Great DayHappyMomDined on 6/1/2014Needed a way to feed extended family before my son's graduation. Stanford's has something for everyone, accommodated a group of 8 quickly and provided wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience overallTonyVIPDined on 5/19/2014Food and service were good. No waiting for table was greatSpecial Features:
- Perfect Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I really like the background music from the 70's. And the food was excellent. The salmon was a little dry but deliciously prepared. The service was wonderful and I noticed the way the other customers were treated,too. The waiters were busy but stayed on top of things gracefully.Special Features:
- ServiceJensenDined on 5/11/2014Our waiter was great!!!! The food was good and didn't take too long considering we had 6 in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Daymrsclaus4youDined on 5/11/2014Spent a wonderful time with Mom and we all thought the food was excellent. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuckBaLadyDined on 5/11/2014One of my favorite places!!!! GOOD FOOD & GREAT SERVICE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 5/9/2014Consistently excellent food and service :0). Service allows you to have a great meal during a work lunch time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchTonyVIPDined on 5/1/2014Excellent experience- comfortable surroundings, great service, good foodSpecial Features:
- travelingDined on 4/24/2014food delivery slow; size of portions large; left hat when departed--we will see if returned? leftovers great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good close to home spot.georgiaDined on 4/20/2014We have recently rediscovered Stanfords at Jantzen Beach. It has become one of our favorites for Happy Hour. With a registered parton card many special offers are available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch8ofusDined on 4/20/2014Never again for a special occasion. Runny eggs, steak not cooked as specified, and the breakfast burrito was so tough you couldn't easily cut it. The price and quality were in conflict. Our server was wonderful though. We've always loved Stanford's at Jantzen Beach and will stick with lunch and the bar.Special Features:
- The foodNassauDonDined on 4/15/2014My wife and I ordered the Halibut fish and chips. The oil that the fish and fry's was not hot enough so all of the oil was absorbed by the batter and the fries. Because of this It was hardly edible. I will not go back. It is too bad, because the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good food as usual. Like theenriquezmomDined on 3/30/2014Good food as usual. Like the dining rewards and special rewards program with the restaurant chain, prompting me to dine there more often. Some sites fairly close to home for us, making it more convenient.Special Features:
- Great meal!redriderDined on 3/29/2014We were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. So glad we made a reservation. We both had the grilled steak salad. It was excellant. The meat was cooked perfectly, the dressing tasty, and the cheese bread was to die for. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedclaytonDined on 3/28/2014We usually go to the Stanford's at Lake Oswego, or at the Clackamas Towne Center. Both are just fine. Good food, good service. NOT SO at Jantzen Beach. Food below standard, restaurant untidy, table not well kept, even the menu was "sticky" from the last customer? I would go to Denny's before I spent any time returning to this location. Sorry, this one let me down.
- Good for Business LunchesFoodieVIPDined on 3/21/2014We had a business recognition lunch at Stanford's. It's a good place for that as the food and service are good and it's relatively quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took 4 of our friends toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014We took 4 of our friends to the restaurant and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. I had a prime rib and usually never have it , but boy was it delicious. i was treated to a $100 gift card and a $50 gift card and a 10% discount from Stamford's and so the $205 bill came down to $35. It was so nice but I did give the gal a very nice tip. My husband had the fajaitas but he was not thrilled with them. but over all the rest of the group also enjoyed their meal. Jean BartholomewSpecial Features:
- Was glad we had reservations.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Was glad we had reservations. When we arrive, at 6:15, the restaurant was full and many, many people waiting to be seating. We were seated immediately, but one of the worst seats in the house. When we inquired about moving to the both next to it, were told someone had specifically requested it. That was not believable. It felt like the hostess just did not want to accommodate. Th start, service was slow , bar was waaaaay, backed up, but eventually waitress got up to speed and addresses our every need. The evening was enjoyable with above good food.Special Features:
- Good experienceTonyVIPDined on 3/10/2014Took client to business lunch and was very satisfied with experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014We love dining at this Stanford's. It's the best service and food around. The ribs are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.