Stanford's - Clackamas
8416 SE Sunnyside Rd.
Clackamas, OR 97015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stanford's - Clackamas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stanfords.com/
- Phone: (503) 653-9400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Zygaj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
A word from Stanford's - Clackamas
Welcome to Your Neighborhood Restaurant & Bar! Whether you're craving fresh seafood, a gourmet burger, a perfectly prepared steak or another of our delicious offerings, come join the neighborhood crowd for lunch, dinner or our ever-popular happy hour. Signature dishes include our cedar plank-roasted warm brie, our famous barbecue ribs, and delicious cocktails created by our experienced team of local bartenders. Our classy and comfortable atmosphere surrounds you with warm wood and intimate lighting, and our experienced restaurant team is eager to please and delight you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Stanford's - Clackamas - Best Restaurants in Clackamas ›
Stanford's - Clackamas reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Stuck with new waitressTheExperienceVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had the experience of a first day waitress! This can both be good or bad..She was pleasant, but not very attentive, not sure if she is in the Service business, or just turn tables to get easy $$ We asked for a wine, she thought they were out of Something? Came back and it was the wine we requested. Oh well! She didn't ask how I wanted my burger so it came out well. I am more a fan of med rare so didn't eat. The minestrone soup had more red beans than my chili does? My advice is to slow down and listen to your customers. That will work if you would like a successful career. More training please!
- This was a firstMarkDined on 11/1/2014We go to Stanfords quite often and this was the first time where things just didn't go well. The food and drinks were great but it took a very long time to get our food. Not sure what it was but they did comp our deserts as an apology. Normally we get great service here.Special Features:
- GREAT, AS USUALmollykDined on 10/28/2014As usual, everything was great. Food was good and service was excellent. Stanfords has become a favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stanford'sbabsvoDined on 10/22/2014Eating at Stanford's is always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHungryGDined on 10/12/2014We were a fairly large group dining at 7:30 on a Sunday evening. Our table was set up and waiting and it was in an area that felt almost like a private room - not isolated, just private. It was great because some of us hadn't seen each other in awhile and there was a lot of talking and laughing at our table. We didn't need to feel self-conscious or worried about disturbing others. Our server was outstanding. She was friendly and professional, staying on top of everything from drinks to desserts.Special Features:
- Three course meal a great dealluvbeerDined on 9/10/2014Received on line announcement of their three course meal, so friends and I met for a relaxing evening. Great choices of entrees and good servings. Melody was our server and she was very attentive. Very attractive venue. Wednesday is half off on wine. Such a deal.Special Features:
- The food is only averageJeffVIPDined on 9/8/2014I had a chicken Caesar salad. The chicken was old, dry and overcooked.
- 3rd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014This was our 3rd time at the Clackamas location. We love the food that's why we went back but to our surprise the service was extremely slow. It was my husband's birthday so I wanted it to be special. We were seated all the way back and the waitress?? said that she needed to let the waitress for that room know that we were there. We waited for a while but nobody came. When she came back I asked her if we could move to the other room where it seemed to be closer to the kitchen. She took us there but had to wait again to place our order. The food was great !!! I ordered the Fajitas but I was not asked what type of tortillas I prefered so I had to wait until the corn tortillas were heated. We had to wait a while for dessert as well.
- reservation requestSweetieMDined on 8/29/2014We made an early dinner reservation for 5pm thinking we would beat the Friday night crowd. I requested a quiet, out of the way table as we were celebrating a wedding anniversary. I was told this request should not be a problem but we we we're put right by a door that leads to the outside patio! It was not quite what I had in mind for a quiet spot. In addition, I also felt the portion sizes were a little on the small side for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is averageJeffVIPDined on 8/17/2014The French fries would have been better had they been hot and the club sandwich was just ok.
- StanfordsGreggDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed their price fixe menu. Service was a bit slow, but otherwise the experience was quite good.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food is consistently good and service is great. Though we went for a regular dinner, the happy hour is generally packed with a good assortment of noshes. Salads are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 138 reviews are from the Stanford's - Clackamas reviews archive.
- The food was good.JeffVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food was good and the service this time was very good.Special Features:
- great experienceSaintBernardparent1Dined on 7/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Stanford's on July 15th. We have a beautiful Saint Bernard service dog in training who was warmly welcomed by our server and staff. Since Brenja accompanies my wife everywhere for seizure alert after 45 years of Type I diabetes, she is an essential part of our life. I know it is the law that Brenja is allowed into a restaurant, but it is nice when she is enthusiastically welcomed. Food wise, the onion rings were the best I've ever had, much better than that "Blooming Onion" place. We had a great time, the food was good, the server was exceptional, and we look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemilovemauiDined on 7/14/2014We've always enjoyed the up scale ambiance but down to earth pricing. The food is alway delicious and served hot. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A stand-out Stanford'sDlinnyVIPDined on 7/12/2014A very pleasant experience at Clackamas Stanford's location, which definitely puts accent on service. My wife wasn't too crazy about another location in town, but I convinced her to give this one a try - and it was all worth it. Great food, outstanding service - this is what we'd expect from this brand.Special Features:
- Overall the food was excellentZeuss6869Dined on 7/8/2014Nice ambiance, amazing Huckleberry Raindrop! Nice Ribeye Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and daughter both enjoyed their steaks. I had seafood skewers on a bed of linguine that I was disappointed with.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very priceyOregonrunnerDined on 6/21/2014We went for an anniversary. It was good food and service and nice atmosphere, but over-priced for most meals. Kind of strange atmosphere too with some clients dressed up and having fine dining and others in tshirts and shorts and eating burgers or pizza. We paid more than $100 before we were out of there. Really good dining but not sure it should be so high priced.Special Features:
- Food is not ConsistentJeffVIPDined on 6/16/2014I've eaten at this place several times. I guess the quality of the food depends on how the chef is feeling. I ordered the ribs again because the first time I had them they were great. This time they were below average. Not as good as last time. My server never came back to check on me after I was served. I had to flag someone down to get more tea. Overall it was a below average experience.
- Great FoodandreaDined on 6/7/2014Stanfords has amazing food and will customize it to your preferences. A great place to eat anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was ok.JeffVIPDined on 5/25/2014I went for the onion rings which were great. I ordered the chicken fajitas and they ok. The tortillas were served on a plate and were not very good. They had become hard which is usually caused by overheating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I have not been out since the birth of our baby girl. We visited during Mothers Day for our first night out. The staff welcomed us and celebrated my wife and other mothers there. The waitress asked if we have been before and we let her know that it was our first time visiting and we were a little nervous because we haven't been away from the baby. Fast forward a bit the food was great as was the service. We ordered dessert and when it was brought to us they said it was on the house and congratulated us. We truly felt special and have already recommended Stanford's to other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mother's Day DinnerGoodfoodgoodfriendsDined on 5/11/2014The staff was excellent. The food was very good. I was glad to see some gluten free options. I ordered the smoked chicken w/linguine-Gluten free version. The spiral pasta was quite broken up. I would recommend using quinoa pasta or corn pasta instead of rice pasta. No matter the taste was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Family Celebration for Mother'slovedit4sureDined on 5/11/2014As always the food was great and the staff so welcoming. Everything was ready for our party of eight and in a great location in the back room corner. Our server was very sweet and helpful. Also, Patrick who busses the tables was always checking to see if he could remove any extra dishes we were through with. We have been to Stanford's in Clackamas numerous times as it is in our neighborhood and always left feeling very happy we came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTresDined on 5/11/2014The food is delicious and the staff is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's day brunchLuv2eatDined on 5/11/2014No jam for the english muffins my egg and salmon were served on... (waitress explained it was bc they don' t typically serve breakfast foods) unusually stingy with the salmon. Food was good as always and service was great. The $15 gift card Stanford's gave to every mom was very generous and will definitely get used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,great service!MacandcheesegirlDined on 5/11/2014Our server was so accommodating since we had a party of 9 for Mother's Day and one of them was a toddler! She served him first which kept the mood steady. What a great surprise that all of the Mothers got gift cards for their next visit to Stanford's. I love the Mac and Cheese but chose the breakfast burrito and I was not disappointed. This will become our annual treat!Special Features:
- nice brunchlisaDined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day brunch menu had several nice options. Our server was fantastic and the Mother's Day treats were very nice. We had a picture taken, and my daughter and I were each given a gift card and chocolates.Special Features:
- All threeniseyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Good steaks and drinks, attentive service, and relaxed atmosphere make this place a great way to end a busy day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- party of 4MhinkDined on 4/30/2014xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The food is always great at Stanfords. I was a little dissapointed at this brunch as I thought it might be buffet style. Other than that our family had no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly ExcellentjsriefDined on 4/5/2014Frankly, after a sub-par experience a few years ago, my wife and I had dismissed Stanford's from our list of dining establishments. However, this past week, we had a bit of a Restaurants Unlimited giftcard (we buy them at Costco to use at Portland City Grill - $80 for $100) to use up, and we were shopping at Clackamas Town Center, so we decided to give Stanford's another shot. We were delighted. We were seated immediately, and the restaurant was pleasantly modern and upscale. Our server was new to the establishment, but what he lacked in experience he made up for in ethusiasm (Jesse). My wife had the house gourmet mac and cheese, and I had the halibut fish and chips - both were quite excellent. I'm happy to say we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About serviceoregonduckDined on 3/28/2014I always make a reservation and am always seated immediately without fuss or bother. Greeters and wait staff are always pleasant and eager to please. They keep an eye on my table and are available when need be.Special Features:
- family orientateddownes157Dined on 3/25/2014Very spacious, plenty of room for a large group. The live music was a nice touch. We will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- Very cozy and private. ExcellentniseyVIPDined on 3/21/2014Very cozy and private. Excellent food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We ate at Stanford's in Clackamas on Valentine's Day and were given cards for various gifts and discounts so decided to come back. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent as was the service. We all tried something different than we had in the past and were not disappointed. My only complaint that the parking area is way too small but that will not stop us from coming back!Special Features:
- Frankly the food was just92goingon98Dined on 2/15/2014Frankly the food was just okay. Nothing special. My steak Oscar was cooked and seasoned nicely, but the presentation did not do the dish justice. Pretty much like Mom would load a plate at home. The steak had some gristle and fat that suggested a lower cut of meat and could have been trimmed. The ambience was very pleasant though a bit loud. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKManokatDined on 2/15/2014Food ok however the service needed a little help, drinks came 2 at a time(7 diners) with a long wait in between - Finally after asking - beer showed up. Maybe pouring a beer is time consuming. Ordered and waited for food, meals came 2 at a time, and then after an awkward 6-8 minutes finally flagged down a different sever to ask if they were bringing the Mac and Cheese that was ordered ( first I might add). Probably the hardest to make I guess. Food was ok however rack of ribs were dry with an extremely hot temperature Usually a pretty good tipper but that was done for us as we had a extra large group of 7 diners so they took the 18% A bad night or do you really care if you know you will get your tip no matter what type of service is given?
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Good food, good service. First time I felt like giving extra for a tip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.