8900 Stanford Boulevard
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thestanfordgrill.com/
- Phone: 410-312-0445x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:05pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:05pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Peake
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Nightly
A word from Stanford Grill
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Stanford Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stanford Grill - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Stanford Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)fit for foodies (124)neighborhood gem (115)good for groups (111)romantic (110)great for lunch (77)great for outdoor dining (56)notable wine list (55)great for brunch (53)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (22)scenic view (13)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Consistent is KeyFitforfoodiesVIPDined on 10/28/2014I always have a great experience here and today was no different. Friendly staff and great food keep me coming back!!!Special Features:
- A Reliable FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014We expect to enjoy Stanford Grill, and have yet to be disappointed. The ladies enjoyed a bottle of wine and tempting dinner salads (Seared Tuna and Sliced Fillet), while the gentlemen went with cocktails, Prime Rib and the Grilled Pork Chop special. The food was delightful and the service impeccable. We'll return again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner iceMikeDined on 10/24/2014Always a great dinner and excellent service. We have never been disappointed or not come home with food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th birthday lunchDandAVIPDined on 10/23/2014Daughter enjoyed her 30th birthday lunch. Waiter was very efficient and pleasant. Recommend-Club sandwich, pot pie and chicken salad. Large portions and very tasty! The pumpkin cheesecake with chocolate ganache topping was amazing!!Special Features:
- Lunch was just okay!TabithaVIPDined on 10/23/2014We had been to Sanford's for brunch several times, but this was the first time we were there for lunch. I was a bit disappointed. My Cobb Salad with chicken had loads of lettuce and croutons, but the chicken was stringy and there was no avocado.Special Features:
- Consistently goodme2uDined on 10/22/2014I have dined here about 5 times and it is consistently good. The atmosphere and service is always impeccable. My only negative is they sometime overcook the fish, but everything else has been fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedJohnSDined on 10/22/2014Good but overpriced. Staff was attentive and food good (other than the fries which were forgettable).
- Stanford GrillDGHOLSONDined on 10/22/2014I love this place...and the lobster Mac is to LIVE for. My Porterhouse Steak did not disappoint. I first came to the Stanford Grill for a birthday, so everyone had different entrees, but I was able to sample them all. Super yummers spaghetti squash, cornbread in a skillet. All the food is seasoned well, and the staff are friendly. A must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experiencedinner4twoDined on 10/20/2014Had dinner with a business associate. The service was excellent. We both enjoyed our dinner. I had the French dip and my associate had the ribs. For dessert we had the over sized bread pudding which was warm and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedLovetryingnewplacesDined on 10/20/2014I took my friend here for his birthday. I've eaten here before and was impressed with everything and decided to come here. The first thing we noticed was the noise. The piano player was a nice touch but just added to the noise level of the restaurant. We asked to be seated as far away from the pianist as possible. It didn't help much. The noise level was over the top. As stated in other reviews it was very hard to hear our waiter. We ordered 2 glasses of sparkling wine before dinner. The waiter then took our food order. Our meal was brought out. We cancelled the sparkling wine and ordered red which took another 10 minutest. Food came out cold. Will never go back here.
- Amazing ExperienceChamberellaDined on 10/18/2014I have dined at this venue on several occasions. Everything is delicious. I have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Food was amazing and server was very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsBirthdayDinnerDined on 10/17/2014The food is great, the ambience is wonderful, and the service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate cakeBobRodDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant has the best I've ever eaten, flourless chocolate cake! Good portions!Special Features:
- Great servicemsvuugirlDined on 10/17/2014My boyfriend and I visited the restaurant for the first time and we were both pleasantly surprised that the reviews we read were on point. Our server was Kelly and he was excellent. The best part was the team work I witnessed among the employees. The service was excellent, the waiter was very knowledgable and the atmosphere was perfect for a romantic date. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very noisy, great foodChasrVIPDined on 10/13/2014Great food and service. However, there were too many specials and the environment was uncomfortably noisy. The waiter seems to rattle on forever with a detailed recitation of all the specials. Unfortunately, it was so loud in the restaurant that we could only make out about 25% of what he said.Special Features:
- Great food and servicefamilydinnerDined on 10/12/2014We took our dad to The Stanford Grill for his 73rd b-day, his 1st choice. We had a great evening as a family and enjoyed great food and excellent service. Our waiter was so personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFunlovindinerDined on 10/12/2014Our appetizer and drinks were great. But I ordered the fish special and it was horrible. No one ever cam and asked how everything was. We were not offered bread and had to ask for it. By the time we got our second drink order we were done with our food. Then we ordered desert and wasn't asked about coffee either. We were able to grab someone and order it. I don't mind paying good money for good food and service but I feel that this visit fell short in both areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got my steak fix!iluvfoodDined on 10/11/2014I had been craving steak, so we came here over the "other steakhouse from Down Under". We did make a reservation with OpenTable, but upon arriving still had a 15 minute wait. It was quite noisy at it was around 7:30, but later in the meal it started to quiet down. The live Jazz music playing when you walk in is a nice treat and great background music for the meal. Our waiter was very scripted and not as personable as I had hoped and we constantly had to ask other servers walking by because ours did not come back and check on us except for 30seconds after we got our food (I'm lucky if I've even taken a bite at this point...how am I supposed to know how my food turned out?!)Special Features:
- DinnerdkgkDined on 10/11/2014Our evening was fantastic at Stanford Grill. Food, waitress was great. We had a blast with our waitress. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Food was good. Service was outstanding. I have visited three times in the past and was never disappointed. The view is pleasant in daylight. I would recommend this restaurant to all dining families. Location is easy to find. It was difficult to exit the parking lot to enter Stanford Blvd. for lack of sign as to the way left. I along with two other diners following, had turned right in the hotel property before realizing the mistake and turning around to enter Stanford Blvd. towards McGaw Rd.Special Features:
- UnbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant has made it to the top of my list. I must commend you for a most memorable occasion. We had the best seat in the house right in front of the fire place. Not only was it the best choice for restaurants, but the timing was perfect as well...just before the rush! I will be back.....it made an excellent impression on my family too.Special Features:
- food was mehDisappointedDinerDined on 10/10/2014I've been a few times but this last time my entrée was mediocre. I had the prime rib, which I've ordered before and loved. My husband had the pork chop, limited house special. They were both so-so. Definitely not worth the $30 price tag. It was a Friday night, 745pm. Surely at the height of business. I was disappointed. I felt let down. I've been at least 5 times, each time I go my meal is good (except this last time), but my dessert is not. Bread pudding-stale, ice cream- bland, "brownie" huge, too rich, not a lot of taste. It could have been a bad night. I would go back, but not soon. And I definitely won't be ordering dessert...it's not their specialty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingemobDined on 10/10/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Thank you for making our anniversary night special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining at StanfordMcKennaDined on 10/9/2014The food is excellent - very flavorful. It is a little noisy. They have large booths that make a cozy dining environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014The coconut shrimp appetizer was tasty. We did enjoy the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertsDougSDined on 10/5/2014The desserts are very large. Buy one and split it.Special Features:
- undiscovered gem for Sunday BrunchfoodmogulDined on 10/5/2014This is our second time having brunch at Stanford Grill and it was excellent. The food portions are huge Pancakes are the size of the plate (and there are 3 of them). Omeletts must be made from 6 eggs. Lunch menu items are the - enormous. Amazingly, all of the food arrives the proper temperture and tasting great! Absolutely recommend this undiscovered gem for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!NaijaFoodieDined on 10/4/2014This was my first time at Stanford Grill(Columbia). I was looking for a nice outing with my lady friend and I. And I must say that we fell in love with everything. From the time we walked in,to while waiting, to being seated by the fireplace. The customer service was superb, the food was delectable, and the overall experience made the night worth wile. Great restaurant, great food, great people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very surprisedLongtimelocalgalDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant was very good. We eat out a lot and rarely find a place this good. Portion sizes are large do you can share. The desserts were fabulous (if you have room).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anything with Chicken is a winner..ShadiaDined on 10/3/2014I always enjoy Stanford Grill. This was my 3rd visit and I wasn't disappointed. The chicken Cobb salad was amazing as always! And the cornbread was a great way to start our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We were seated at a table next to the entrance. Between the people coming in and out and the band it was impossible to carry on a conversation. My husband and I eat here about once a week. We really enjoy the restaurant. The food is great. The prices are good. The service is usually very good. Our only complaint is the noise level. The band certainly adds to the ambiance but it is too loud in our opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third VisitPhoton713Dined on 10/3/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasions. This was our 3rd visit, taking different friends each time. We can count on great food with reasonable prices. We started the meal with a perfectly baked skillet of corn bread. There are not many restaurants that prepare corn bread properly, but, Stanfords is exceptional. Rotisserie chicken is their specialty and is usually our choice. Their mashed potatoes are exceptional. Finally, the meal was topped off with Bread Pudding that is the best I've had and so large we took some home. Our waitress boxed and added two additional containers of sauce for later. The wait staff was courteous and prompt in delivering and removing finished plates. Our waitress was attentive and on time. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful Birthday DinnerCMagnuson1028Dined on 10/2/2014They did a great job of making it a special occasion! I love that everyone is accountable!Special Features:
- wonderful visitFitforfoodiesVIPDined on 10/1/2014Our food is always consistent along with the service. Brought some friends in from out of town and they greatly enjoyed as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piano BarLoungeLizardDined on 9/30/2014Great Piano Bar! Very sophisticated ambiance! Loved it!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014This was my wife and I 1st time going here. She was blown away!! Great service, food and drinks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okMacy4567Dined on 9/28/2014We were meeting friends in Columbia, and my friend's sister recommended this place. We found it with no problems, but our friends had difficulty and rode around looking for it. The parking lot was packed. It is nice inside, with a wall fireplace, and they have team service, so any wait person can help you. Our server was attentive and efficient. I would say the food is average. I ordered the kabob special with rice and vegetables - the food was cold, the vegetables charred and the seasonings so-so. The key lime pie was delicious, and very large, enough for 3 of us to share. But for the price, I wasn't impressed and doubt we'll return.
- So soLove2Dine87Dined on 9/26/2014This was my first time at the Stanford. The service was great but the food was so so. The crab cakes were small and the chicken was nothing special. They had live jazz which was nice but depending on where you're seated you may not be able to hear it. I may give it one more try but I'm quite sure yet.
- Not a professionally run restaurantSuburbaniteVIPDined on 9/26/2014There for a birthday so they sat us in the area for "big groups" and it was incredibly noisy. We were only five people so asked to move to an outside table (fourtop). Manager came up wtih the excuse that the plates were too big to fit five on a fourtop. Then the salad entrees came with absolutely NO dressing on them, they forgot a side dish, the mash potatos were ice cold, the mahi-mahi tasted like carboard, they failed to fill up water, and we could not get the waitstaff's attention for a full ten minutes. Then they brought the bill without ever bringing the "complimentary" birthday cake. Would like to forget this disaster of a restaurant as soon as possible.