8900 Stanford Boulevard
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thestanfordgrill.com/
- Phone: (410) 312-0445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:05pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:05pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Peake
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Nightly
A word from Stanford Grill
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Stanford Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stanford Grill - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Stanford Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
305 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)fit for foodies (129)good for groups (122)neighborhood gem (117)romantic (115)great for lunch (82)notable wine list (59)hot spot (59)great for brunch (53)great for outdoor dining (49)vibrant bar scene (45)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (11)Show More
- Columbia's Best FindCandylish5VIPDined on 11/23/2014The Stanford Grill is one of the best places to be on any evening of the week--the ambiance is great and the food is excellent. The servers are a big part of why the restaurant is such a pleasant experience. The staff is consistently gracious and helpful. They operate under a cooperative team system that works well for the customers. Week days are good times to eat there but you can't miss the Stanford Grill on the weekends. The place is unbelievably "cool"--packed to the brim with people who like a vibrant atmosphere with jazz and conversation. The bar is nice too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat with musicDex024VIPDined on 11/23/2014Ambiance is really nice... music, lighting, fire place all are real nice. Service was fantastic. Portions are very big .,..maybe too much. Price is really highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 11/23/2014We had a wonderful dining experience for brunch. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing experience! must go back soon!JorgeDined on 11/22/2014It was my girlfriend's birthday and we wanted to try something new. This was a great experience for first timers. The jazz band that played was amazing. Our waiter Patrick was exceptional! He provided us with excellent customer service and was very proficient with the menu! The food was very tasteful and fulfilling! We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Cesar RecipeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014I am a regular patron of Stanford Grill. I brought my friend to experience fabulous food, ambiance and service. We had a good time; however, I was very disappointed. The recipe for the cesar salad dressing was just awful!!! Unfortunately, one of the major reasons I go to Stanford is for the cesar salad. This is a deal breaker for me if they don't offer the old recipe. As a result, I struggle recommending.
- Great Food, Great ServiceseefoodloverDined on 11/19/2014The Standford is a wonderful date night restaurant! The mood is set with the piano player in the corner and a fireplace along one wall. The staff is very attentive and the food is AMAZING!!! Everything I have had there I have never had any complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome...PeepsDined on 11/16/2014First time there, and made reservations thru Open Take app to surprise my wife. She was pleased n the food and wine were great, waitress took good care of us.... we'll definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the Fight - Open Table Payment Works GreatMcPhersonManVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is our 5-6 visit to Stanford Grill. Good food. Great Service. Tried the Open Table Payment by App feature that the restaurant just subscribed to. When our meal was complete, instead of fighting over the check as we usually do, I just went to the app, reviewed the final bill, chose a pre-calculated tip, hit "pay" and the whole thing was completed in private. Besides a slight delay in the acknowledgment by the restaurant that the bill was in fact paid, everything went smoothly. Apparently this was Stanford Grill's first online transaction. I highly reccomend this system for it ease and peace of mind especially when you want to avoid the fights over splitting the check with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is always amazingBrettDined on 11/14/2014I dine at the Stanford Grill perhaps only a few times a year and it is always great. I've never regretted my choice to dine there and wish I could visit more frequentlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abcdefghijklmnopqrstuveDined on 11/14/2014sdjdsjfdskjfdskfjdkfjdsjfdsfjdfjdskfjdskfdskfdskfjdskdsdsjdsdsjdsjdssdsskfdsjdskfjSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanDined on 11/13/2014Food was great and so was the service. The waitress gave a complete detail of the specials. Would recommend for other people to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!CherylVIPDined on 11/12/2014We received the "extra special" table I had requested - in front of the fireplace on a cold night - it was lovely! The brisket grits special was obscenely delicious and the service was outstanding. It was a great experience for our out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Perfect spot for conducting a business lunch. Service was excellent, non intrusive and competent. Food was prompt, full of taste and hot. I would recommend this restaurant to all. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbJohnDined on 11/9/2014My family & I shared another great dining experience. We are return customers for the Stanford Grill and this trip was just as good as all the others. It was my adult son's birthday and we chose this restaurant above all others in the area. The food was excellent and served promptly. My son & I both had prime rib, which was seasoned and cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any serious dining enthusiast in the Central Maryland area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentChascriticsDined on 11/9/2014our server Jessie was personable and informative. the specials were great food was fresh very lively crowdSpecial Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We enjoyed a good meal, though not spectacular. The special dip trio was interesting. I had the grilled rockfish for dinner; it was a little dry but all right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A low bar to pass in Columbia MDBeagleDined on 11/8/2014Food is solid American fare. Not bad, but not high cuisine by any means. However very expensive for what it is. Over sized portions -perhaps to help atone for the high menu prices. Very noisy, well above any conversational comfort level, and unpleasant. For that reason alone I would not recommend. These observations comport with similar Tripadvisor comments. Ambience is fine, but for the dreadfully high noise level. Staff are very friendly. There are few "good" restaurants in the area, so gets a number 4 rating among its nearby peers in Tripadvisor. However, it is steep drop off curve, folks. Would recommend going to number 1. If the prices were about 50% less (cut the portion sizes by 50%!), it would deserve its higher rating.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServicejriggsDined on 11/8/2014Manager J.F. reminded my wife and I why we love Stanford Grill so much and why we will continue to come. After notifying us that our food was late because of a mishap, Mr. Fast chose to compensate us for our wait. I won't go into how he compensated us, but what I will say is that we were very, very pleased. Stanford Grill will see our happy faces again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealPaulDined on 11/7/2014The food has always been good here. The service was good, but not as good as usual. They forgot to bring the appetizer. Overall a very good visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodluv2eatDined on 11/6/2014found this restaurant while searching the web for a place to enjoy good food. And it is a great atmosphere, where you can enjoy a delicious meal in a quiet setting. It was a nice amount of people in the restaurant and it was not noisy. The staff at the restaurant were very pleasant and friendly. I ordered the grilled salmon, spinach and rice and it was the best I have ever ordered from a restaurant. I would totally recommend this restaurant to people who come visit maryland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/6/2014Amazing dining experience. Our server was so attentive and nice. The wood planked smoked salmon is out of this world. Food is fresh and tasty. It's a pricey restaurant but the place was packed on a Thursday night. A bit too dimly lit, but a great place to go in Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usual...JamesVIPDined on 11/6/2014We enjoyed an early lunch after a busy morning. Everything was prepared very well. We had tortilla soup, shrimp poor boy and their chicken entree. We had lots left over that made a perfect dinner. Our waitress, Monique, was very friendly. She was very helpful with suggestions and recommendations and checked on us often to see if we needed anything else. Stanford Grill has become one of our favorite places to eat in Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014this is a consistantly delicious eatery with good service and leisurely diningSpecial Features:
- Wonderful...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This was my Husband's and I 5th time there ans every time is different but still wonderful.Special Features:
- FoodfoodflowDined on 11/1/2014When the Stanford Grill first opened, I thought the food was excellent. Now I think it's just good. I will continue going to the restaurant, but I don't hold the food in such high regard as I did initially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesWinenDine11VIPDined on 10/31/2014The Stanford Grill has delicious food and the service is excellent. The bread pudding is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for steak4HiMarksVIPDined on 10/31/2014All our previous visits, we have ordered the steak. This time, we switched up. They just introduced shrimp & grits, which was delicious. The grits were very creamy. My only complaint is the Andouille was cut up too small to really experience it. My GF had the rotisserie chicken pot pie, which was also very tasty.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerShyRDined on 10/30/2014Had a wonderful night at Stanford Grill for my birthday. The calamari appetizer was great and I really enjoyed the key lime pie as my special birthday dessert. The best part was being sitted right in front of the fireplace and we didn't even request to be sitted there! I love Stanford Grill and will food and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Consistent is KeyFitforfoodiesVIPDined on 10/28/2014I always have a great experience here and today was no different. Friendly staff and great food keep me coming back!!!Special Features:
- A Reliable FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014We expect to enjoy Stanford Grill, and have yet to be disappointed. The ladies enjoyed a bottle of wine and tempting dinner salads (Seared Tuna and Sliced Fillet), while the gentlemen went with cocktails, Prime Rib and the Grilled Pork Chop special. The food was delightful and the service impeccable. We'll return again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinner iceMikeDined on 10/24/2014Always a great dinner and excellent service. We have never been disappointed or not come home with food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th birthday lunchDandAVIPDined on 10/23/2014Daughter enjoyed her 30th birthday lunch. Waiter was very efficient and pleasant. Recommend-Club sandwich, pot pie and chicken salad. Large portions and very tasty! The pumpkin cheesecake with chocolate ganache topping was amazing!!Special Features:
- Lunch was just okay!TabithaVIPDined on 10/23/2014We had been to Sanford's for brunch several times, but this was the first time we were there for lunch. I was a bit disappointed. My Cobb Salad with chicken had loads of lettuce and croutons, but the chicken was stringy and there was no avocado.Special Features:
- Consistently goodme2uDined on 10/22/2014I have dined here about 5 times and it is consistently good. The atmosphere and service is always impeccable. My only negative is they sometime overcook the fish, but everything else has been fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedJohnSDined on 10/22/2014Good but overpriced. Staff was attentive and food good (other than the fries which were forgettable).
- Stanford GrillDGHOLSONDined on 10/22/2014I love this place...and the lobster Mac is to LIVE for. My Porterhouse Steak did not disappoint. I first came to the Stanford Grill for a birthday, so everyone had different entrees, but I was able to sample them all. Super yummers spaghetti squash, cornbread in a skillet. All the food is seasoned well, and the staff are friendly. A must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experiencedinner4twoDined on 10/20/2014Had dinner with a business associate. The service was excellent. We both enjoyed our dinner. I had the French dip and my associate had the ribs. For dessert we had the over sized bread pudding which was warm and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedLovetryingnewplacesDined on 10/20/2014I took my friend here for his birthday. I've eaten here before and was impressed with everything and decided to come here. The first thing we noticed was the noise. The piano player was a nice touch but just added to the noise level of the restaurant. We asked to be seated as far away from the pianist as possible. It didn't help much. The noise level was over the top. As stated in other reviews it was very hard to hear our waiter. We ordered 2 glasses of sparkling wine before dinner. The waiter then took our food order. Our meal was brought out. We cancelled the sparkling wine and ordered red which took another 10 minutest. Food came out cold. Will never go back here.
- Amazing ExperienceChamberellaDined on 10/18/2014I have dined at this venue on several occasions. Everything is delicious. I have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Food was amazing and server was very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.