8900 Stanford Boulevard
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thestanfordgrill.com/
- Phone: 4103120445x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:05pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:05pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Peake
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Nightly
A word from Stanford Grill
With a unique focus on creating an inviting upscale dining experience, we serve fresh, familiar food in a high-energy, sophisticated casual setting. Our chefs prepare full-flavored food from scratch daily, using fresh seasonal ingredients. We stay true to classic American comfort food that is simple, but deliciously prepared. A knowledgeable team approach provides unwavering attention to delighting our guests with warm and consistent service. Copper Canyon Grill's timeless atmosphere appeals to discerning adults who are seeking a dining experience that is energetic, upscale but approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stanford Grill - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Stanford Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
379 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (227)romantic (149)neighborhood gem (140)good for groups (140)fit for foodies (130)great for lunch (110)great for outdoor dining (89)great for brunch (85)notable wine list (66)vibrant bar scene (58)hot spot (55)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (22)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014We come to the Stanford grill 3-4 times a year for special occasions. Most recently we celebrated our wedding anniversary. The food is always delicious and the wait staff is very attentive. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinner.ModeeDined on 8/16/2014Me and my wife recently celebrated our anniversary at Stanford. I had requested a few special arrangements (booth, flowers on table through Open Table) and both requests were met. Both the greeting and wait staff were aware of our anniversary and made note of it appropriately. The food and the service were both excellent, and our waitress was very nice and particularly attentive. The three-piece jazz combo is appropriately understated and unobtrusive, but provides a nice background musical touch. It was an enjoyable evening, in no small part due to the staff at Stanford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwinOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. I've been here several times and have yet to come away unimpressed. The food is great and the service is top notch. Great place to take a date if you want to make a good first impression. Parking can be challenging on weekends but definitely worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchElsieCAVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had lunch there on a visit to Columbia. The fish tacos were excellent as was the Ahi tuna salad. The menu had a lot of appealing dishes.Special Features:
- My husbands birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I chose your resteraunt because we enjoy it very time we dine and that is why I chose it for my husband's birthday. Well, his steak (the one featured) was over cooked, taken back, then it was rare! My husband ordered a medium well steak. I ordered a salmon and it was a bit dry. Our service was okay. Les, was very disappointed with the chef and did not make his birthday memories a positive one. We truly feel the chef is the one to blame. He/She should have taken proper precautions to make sure the second stake was prepared correctly. I use a temperature gauge when I cook to reguate how people want their food prepared. Possibly your chef should do the same. We will be there again on the 23rd and hope our experience is what we are used to.Special Features:
- Always greatImapolygirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been dining at Stanford Grill for a couple of years, and we have never had a bad meal. The food is consistently excellent and inventive. If you are on a budget, the burgers and chicken are truly delicious. Everything cooked over the wood fire is wonderful, whether fish or beef. If you can afford to spend more, the steaks are worth the price. The wait staff knows the menu and knowledgeably answer questions. They are also efficient, friendly, even charming. There is a jazz trio playing in the bar that is wonderful, even as background music in the dining room. Wine and beer lists do not disappoint.Special Features:
- Dinner At Standford GrillCatsDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I had first experience last week. We made reservations for a Thursday night. The service was very good and we enjoyed the food. A little pricey but the portions are large. My only negatives are that it was so busy all the staff seemed to be racing all the time and the noise level was LOUD. Not for a romantic evening but fine if you are looking for really attentive service and interesting food.Special Features:
- Solid Lunch ExperienceFitforfoodiesVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great food and smooth service really made my lunch experience an enjoyable one.Special Features:
- franDined on 8/11/2014I think it is a wonderful place for lunch with the girls and dinner out with your significant other. Food and service is outsatnding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A764337Dined on 8/10/2014Great atmosphere and yummy food. The food is very flavorable and has that "made from scratch" taste; overall, nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service'!!!StarDined on 8/9/2014Always a superb dining experience. But wish this spot could get better about honoring reservation special requests.Special Features:
- First Time For DinnerMickeyGDined on 8/9/2014Had lunch once before at the Stanford and it was very good. Went back several months later for dinner. Even though it was a Saturday night and very busy we were seated exactly on the time of our reservation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food is great and the portion size was more than adequate for us. A great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good FindgingerDined on 8/8/2014The location is tucked away but worth the search. Good, plentiful food, great service and a vibrant--but not loud--atmosphere.Special Features:
- XxXxxxxxxxDined on 8/8/2014XbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxggxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsSpecialsDined on 8/8/2014I think when you explain the specials for dinner should include price and / or ask how pork lion will cooked mid well done etc my sister ordered pork but it was under cooked she likes well done she doesn't like cilantro which they should asked or how was preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice the CharmPhleeVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is our 2nd time back to the Sranford Grill and it didn't disappoint! I had the fire oven roasted chicken this time (their signature dish) and the wife had the 4 fillet medallion special. Both delicious and she had to take home 2 of the medallions for another day. Our calamari appy was awsum too! Can't wait to go back.....we won't wait 2 years this time!!Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere and musicmjp1Dined on 8/5/2014Our dinner was good but not the best we have had. The best entrees at Stanford Grill seem to be fish and chicken - not the steak. The good music and nice atmosphere will keep us coming back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Adult DiningScarlettFalcon2010Dined on 8/3/2014Dining experience was superb. This restaurant provides excellent food prepared from local markets. The ambiance was definitely geared toward an adult dining experience and not for families with rowdy kids. The live piano and bass played smooth jazz while diners feasted on generous portions. The scratch made key lime pie was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014As always, good food, and pleasant atmosphere. Waitress was a bit slow on drink refills, but other than that evening was good. We were too early for the live jazz, but that was on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food overall, service ok1DayaTimeDined on 8/2/2014Food was good overall, but the chicken was WAY too salty. Service was ok overall, too, but: they were running at least 10 minutes behind their reservation promises (some arrivals seemed to expect that). They had a LOT of special additions to the printed menu, the waitress took at least 4 mins to rattle them all off. We couldn't remember all that. They should just print them--easier for guests and for the wait staff. Also, we were told at the outset that they take a 'team' approach to service, which left us wondering who we should ask about what. The place was very noisy despite the late hour (we were served at 8:45p). The enclosed porch area appeared to be a good area for a large group (8-10 people).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticedenDined on 8/2/2014As usual, Stanford Grill delivers...This is our favorite spot...We love the service, food, atmosphere, etc...First time for the Smoked Salmon menu item and the meal, presentation, etc was fabulous...Would highly recommend....The only thing I would suggest was that the server not rush through the evening...We were dining w/long time friends we don't have a chance to see often. We felt we were being rushed to order from drinks through dessert...We did have to ask our server to please give us sometime to visit w/our guests...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticluv2gotodinnerDined on 8/2/2014Love the booth seating and great food and wine! Very good servers and bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.APPRDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely love this place. Could have gone to any restaurant in the Baltimore/Washington/Annapolis area... and this is where we went. The food is always on point. From Appetizers to Entrees to Dessert and must have french press coffee, everything is top notch. Waitress, Angela, gave the right amount of attention with out disrupting the meal. Well done as always! Only thing I would change is the noise level. Always a bit too noisy for my liking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Service good food good except dessert creme brûlée was like soup sent back but was not offered anything in its place they sent it out when they had already had problems with the other ones that eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!TastyDined on 8/1/2014We really enjoyed our meal. The food was tasty, fresh and plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stanford GrillterreDined on 7/31/2014This is one of my favorite places to dine. The food and service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJoerDined on 7/30/2014Great place to eat and relax. Really enjoyed the piano music as well. Food and service were great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away Stanford GrillGoinbackDined on 7/29/2014Been here 5-6 times and the food and service are consistently Very Good. I consider the food not necessarily excellent as there is not too much variety and even less vegetarian options. I consider the Service not necessarily excellent as some servers are better at the 'team service' concept than others. Overall love this place and will continue coming back!Special Features:
- More than adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/28/2014Stanford is known for their "from scratch" preparation. They always give you more than enough portion sizes. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- A GREAT find!CareBear314Dined on 7/28/2014We had a business friend staying at the Courtyard Marriott and they recommend the Stanford Grill. It was fantastic! A little hard to find on the google maps app, but we found you!!Special Features:
- Fasn8foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014The Stanford Grill is a great place for lunch and group/corporate outings. I have attended many events there - the staff does an excellent job. My only comment about lunch is the salad portion sizes are gianormous - great if you want all that, but would love to see a smaller portion offered during the lunch hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchmumsyDined on 7/27/2014Family birthday celebration, fantastic ambience, great food, excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Knowledgeable wait staff, timely presentation of courses, and food prepared with purpose and care. And on a Friday night. Good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed our dining experience very much and the food was excellent and service was very good. However, the entrees are a bit over priced.Special Features:
- Family special occasion dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014When ever we celebrate a special event, Stanford Grill is our go to restaurant. Food is always delicious and the service is the best.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014Best ribs around i promise and great encvironment...great staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's GoodKev1nVIPDined on 7/19/2014Stanford Grill was once a hidden gem, known for EXCELLENT service and food. While my most recent experience was favorable, my last several have not been. The food from my recent visit delivered, and I would recommend to try it out. However there have been lots of changes over the past few years and it appears the consistently new staff have not been trained equally. If you're looking for great food, this is the place. Service is of the eye of the beholder. My waitress from this weekend have very nice and I have no complaints, but I would love to have that same consistent experience coming to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Personal Opinion......DCFoodLover15Dined on 7/19/2014I read the reviews of this place prior to making a reservation, and some of them were not favorable. I decided I would take my chances and make a reservation for my husband's birthday. It appears this is a popular spot because the parking lot was completely full when we arrived. We were a little late for our reservation, but they were very accomodating. The wait staff was friendly and attentive throughout the evening, and the food was impeccable. Portions are large, so bring an appetite! I'm happy I decided to experience Stanford Grill for myself. We were not disspointed.Special Features:
- Stanford GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Too expensive, too noisy, too dark and mediocre food. Will not go back.
- Always great. This was even betterALocalDined on 7/19/2014Two of us had the regular fare. But two of us had the Sockeye Wild Caught Salmon. Although I usually crave their signature Key Lime Pie, I found myself craving that salmon the next day. That's a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.