1717 McKinney Ave.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stampede66.com/
- Phone: 2145506966x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Saturday dinner service from 6 till 11PM.
Happy Hour starts from 4PM till 6PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Tommy Simpson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full off site catering for party sizes ranging from 10-1000.
- Private Party Facilities: Warm rustic private dining room with 70" big screen that seats 32. The room is equipped with modern AV, compatible with PC and most presentation tools, and live window directly into the kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Horne 214-550-6966x
- Entertainment: Texas Country Music
A word from Stampede 66
The latest restaurant from Beard Award-Winning Celebrity Chef Stephan Pyles. A true homage to the Lone Star State and his humble roots, this restaurant brings together Pyles’ stylish interpretations of his favorite Texas foods and a setting that puts contemporary updates on traditional ranch motifs. Chef Pyles introduces Modern Texas Cuisine to Dallas, Texas in this state of the art facility.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stampede 66 - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Stampede 66 reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)good for groups (103)special occasion (99)hot spot (86)great for lunch (49)vibrant bar scene (45)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (26)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- All 1s if rating emails at nightHateemailsthatwakemeupDined on 10/13/2014Go elseware. JejdnnrbrbdbdndnnskskdjdjdjdnhdjdjdhdhdhdhdhxhdbdjjfjdjdjfhfhfhdhdjrI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDallasDinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I took two out of town guests to Sunday Supper. We had great service, enjoyed the band and the food was delicious. I like knowing the Sunday Supper menu changes weekly, and our guests loved the Texas inspired cuisine. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, fun atmosphereTexasGirlDined on 10/11/2014The food and wait service was fantastic, lived up to all of the expectations.Special Features:
- Pyles is amazingEemia8616Dined on 10/10/2014An amazing resturant! The Hanger Steak and the chicken fried bison are hands down my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stampede to Stampede 66goodstuffDined on 10/9/2014We have dined at Stampede 66 several times and have never been disappointed. The décor is so Texas-centric and manages to be fun and elegant at the same time. Romantic booths line one wall with "windows" above where movies of outdoor ranch scenes play, the quirky names of small Texas towns painted on wooden plaques adorn another, it is simply a great place to be. They make a killer tableside margarita and a perfect dry martini. The menu has something for everyone. I had delicious quail and hubby had fish tacos, also wonderful. The service is attentive but not bothersome. The biscuits are a meal in themselves. Can't say enough nice things about Stampede 66. We'll be back there soon!Special Features:
- Good but not great...StephenPylesFanDined on 10/8/2014Maybe we went into Stampede 66 with too high of expectations. The comfort food was good but not great. Maybe that's the food's fault or maybe that's the restaurant's fault. We enjoyed our meal but it just didn't feel like $200 worth of food when we walked out. We are huge Stephen Pyle fans and have enjoyed superior meals at Stephen Pyles as well as Star Canyon back in the day. We ordered all of the taco options for appetizers and really enjoyed all of them but again I have had some really good innovative tacos out of a food truck that I paid $3 for. We all ordered different entrees and all pretty much felt that the food was good but certainly not a dish I would be talking about the next day. Our server did do a nice job at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereLuvDallasDined on 10/8/2014We were in town for a conference and selected the restaurant based on the reviews on Open Table. It was so much fun! We had a great meal in a vibrant restaurant. Our server was very good, too. They had just released their new cocktail list. My friend loved the sangria and I loved the "Lasso".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent farewell meal to DallasDelectableDined on 10/6/2014This was a great choice restaurant for a group of us to say goodbye to someone leaving Dallas! It was memorable, it was out of the box as far as so many amazing food choices! Every bite was shared with the group. Highly recommend the honey fried chicken and the butterscotch pudding. Our server was amazing and took care of every detail at the table. This was my 4th time to stampede 66 and I always recommended it as a favorite. Thanks for making Dallas proud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedMy66Dined on 10/5/2014Awesome service and the food is fantastic! The restaurant itself is beautiful and beautifully decorated in a tasteful Texas way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingjif1VIPDined on 10/4/2014We waited 45 minutes for our first course to arrive. The only items we could recommend were the biscuits and dessert. Everything else was really mediocre. Not the first time we have eaten here but it will be the last.
- Pyles knows howOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014Stephen Pyles knows exactly how to do an upscale casual dining experience. The food is comforting with just the right amount of uniqueness. Our waiter was wonderful. He let us enjoy the experience and when things went a bit awry he absolutely made it up to us. Really great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:
- I'd Die Happy If 'Twas My Last MealSouthernCraverDined on 10/3/2014The food is absolutely heavenly, great spins on southern cuisine that bring the sophisticated and down-home aesthetic together in wonderful ways. The breads (cornbread, Shiner Bock), jams, pickles are all elegantly homey. The appetizers are individual stand-outs, especially crawfish beignets. Love the spin on chicken-fried steak. I visit once or twice a year when traveling from NYC and it's one of my "must hit" places! The surroundings, the ambiance, the decor, the music, the decor all evoke a childhood in the south with a sophisticated twist. Could not rave more about it! But I'd try! :)Special Features:
- Excellent!BrownieDined on 10/1/2014We really enjoyed this place! I definitely would return to try other menu items. I had the flat iron steak that was cooked to perfection! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleDalhearfDined on 9/29/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my five year anniversary with our company. We walked in the door and was greeted by a sour hostess, who looked at her watch causing us to look at ours. Our reservation was for noon and we entered at 11:50 am. Our server was confrontational (kept asking "what") when being spoken to. Our server was not helpful regarding the menu and she hovered over us, which did not give us the opportunity to simply talk amongst ourselves or to try and make the most of the eating the experience. Needless to say, this will be a memorable lunch for the wrong reasons. As the Administrative Professional for our office, I maintain a list of restaurants that are within walking to our downtown office. So disappointed.
- Honky Tonk ClicheRemyVIPDined on 9/28/2014This place looked like it was trying to duplicate a true Texas honky tonk. Tourists probably think this would be great as the restaurant tries to entertain with "Texas-looking stuff." Being from Texas, our expectations of the food were what we can eat elsewhere locally and at home. The fancy margarita was made strickly for show and not for taste. The potato salad was not only awful, it was warm. The brisket was good, but I can make better. The service on a Sunday night was slow. The best part of the restaurant was the live music.
- 34th Wedding AnniversarypookiespicksDined on 9/28/2014We picked Stampede 66 because we had heard of it'd legendary owner, Chef Stephan Pyles. Once we arrived our group of 9 was seated and we enjoyed the music of Dave Alexander. We then ordered dinner, "Sunday Supper" was available that evening. What a great combination of foods. It ALL was very tasty and the service was excellent. Then desert came, and surprise it said "Happy Anniversary!". Our meal and celebration were complete. We highly reccomend Stampede 66 to anyone. Celebrating Anything! It Was A Treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, as usual!CotanchaDined on 9/28/2014This is one of my favorite restaurant. The food is consistently excellent. Love the southwest ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic twist on Texas flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Fun flavors, great twist on your favorite Texas flavors. Everything on the menu is worth ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good At AllDallasdinerDined on 9/25/2014REALLY not worth the time or the money!! Between 4 of us we had; 3 entrees, 4 apps, and 2 desserts. The only good thing we ate was the seasonal berry cobbler. The other dessert, peach pie was uneatable. The crust was so hard you need a steak knife to cut into the darn thing and on top of the the peaches were hard as rocks. The main courses were bland & were not even on a par with diner food. My fried chicken was ok but I have had better fried chicken off of catering trucks. The Hells eggs were indeed hellish. If you have money to burn by all means eat here. Choices for excellent food in this city abound & for an out-of-towner to eat here thinking this is prime example of Dallas at its best? Lord have mercy, we are in big culinary trouble.
- Blanche31Dined on 9/24/2014Went for a lunch with a special friend. Ordered the Caesar salad plus shrimp and my guest ordered ceasar with chicken. Both salads were extremely average, yet very expensive. $19.00 and $18.00 respectively. There was no toast, crackers or anything extra provided. The server was difficult to understand and a back up person kept putting oversized plates on our table. We shared the butterscotch pudding and it was fabulous yet they insisted on putting two large plates in front us to use. Very strange. Also very confused over this tiny pot of water that was added to my iced tea. This has historically been one of my favorite spots due to the sheer look and vibe of the place. I probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Great place for a mealLonghorn48Dined on 9/23/2014First time there. Had the Chicken Fried Steak! it was great! I would highly recommend it. Also had the mixed berry cobbler for dessert and it was wonderful. Our food was ready quickly and the service was attentive. Plan to visit again soon and try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Not worth the costDaldiner07Dined on 9/20/2014The ambiance is cool and the art work is amazing, but the cost of the food is much higher than it should be.Special Features:
- food delivers, servince so soCKOldhamVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fabulous food, unique items, delicious! Service was competent, but unfriendly and aloof.Special Features:
- bickDined on 9/20/2014Stampede 66 is a beautifully designed Texas themed restaurant. The food is absolutely wonderful and is down home comfort food with a great flair. The staff provides outstanding service. I absolutely loved every moment of this dining experience!!!!Special Features:
- Fun & delicious dining!HappyDinerDined on 9/17/2014I went with a group of friends for lunch and we had the best dining experience. The ambiance, food and service were excellent. I would recommend dining at Stampede 66 for lunch with friends or for a special occasion. We found out they also offer live music on Sunday evenings. I will have to come back to check that out sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yeehaw!FoodbitchVIPDined on 9/16/2014I love recommending Stampede 66 to friends, family and strangers. Out-of-towners are my favorite types to take here as it's over-the-top Texan but still so damn good nobody could possibly complain about all the kitch. Best part is you can do a cheap lunch made up of incredible $4 tacos or a blow-out dinner with clients or friends. Either way it'll be a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Portion SizesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner and had a wonderful time. The food was mostly fantastic - the fried chicken is delicious. The portion sizes are pretty huge - which was a plus. Great pricing too. Two of us dining with drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts and our bill was only $80! Would highly recommend for anyone wanting upscale comfort food at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining with Western FlareGoodStuffDined on 9/13/2014After receiving a gift card to Stampede 66 we were finally able to make reservations 2 weeks in advance. Constantly changing wall images and quotes of famous Texans in the dark, warm tasteful atmosphere kept us entertained while being served by very attentive staff. We were surprised at the menu which appeared unusual and limited, however, upon closer study and some questions to our waiter, we discovered many options to include with our entree. We chose small plates of specialty tacos (other appetizers available) plus the option to split a field greens salad w/figs, to make our dining experience varied and fun! The redfish, fried pickled okra, and chicken-fried buffalo steak were all fantastic. We loved the inclusion of TX wines. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I was in the F&B industry for 25 years. I love good food. I dined with a fellow foodie. We were both very unimpressed. Food was bland and over-priced. Flavor combinations were odd. Peaches in dessert were hard and flavorless. BBQ sauce was overwhelmingly smoky. Restaurant was incredibly loud. Potato salad flavors were overwhelming and odd combination. Biscuits were hard. Chicken was incredibly moist but bland.
- Girls' OutingMarshmallowDined on 9/12/2014All 4 of us had a great dining experience. We had crawfish beignets with dipping sauce, chicken fried steak with chorizo gravy, mashed potatoes, and fresh pea salad, Texas hamburger with made-in-house bun, a carnitas and a beef brisket tacos, the best flavored iced tea, and butterscotch pudding with salted caramel. All were delicious. Wait staff was superb and manager Sean delightful. Everyone enjoyed the décor and comfortable Texas ambiance. This is my second visit in 2 weeks. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Great food and ambiance!aggiedinerDined on 9/11/2014Celebrated 30th anniversary there and had a wonderful time. Beautiful décor as well. Also, a short walk to the Perot Museum and House of Blues.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningStampedeDined on 9/7/2014Our experience was exquisite! Can't wait to go back not only great food but the Service specifically the GM was incredible! Thank You for a great experience. JP VicenteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to Sunday Supper hype1BiggieJohnDined on 9/7/2014Dave Alexander Band with great texas cuisine served family style was perfect. Service started a little slow, but was taken care of quickly. great texas ambience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014The food at Stampede 66 has always been great and well presented. My personal favorite is the Chicken Fried Steak, but the Double Stack Burger is a very close second!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, almost excellentScorpionfishDined on 8/31/2014There was nothing to complain about. Both entrees were quite good and perfectly prepared. I can't see anyone not liking their dinner. Neither of us could rave about it though. All in all, I'd rather head over to Smoke for fine dining barbecue. I will move on to latest Stephan Pyles effort.Special Features:
- Loved itRedE2eatDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service. Would highly recommend! 4 adults dined with drinks, appetizer, 4 meals and with gratuity was less than $200.00. Table side margarita was great and enjoyable to drink. No complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for a special occasionmk1982Dined on 8/29/2014Stampede 66 was a fun dining experience! First, the look of the place is pretty cool, kind of modern Texas cowboy. Second, the service and the food were also great! I would agree with other people that the food is a bit on the pricey side, but for a special occasion (my sister's 30th birthday), I believe it's worth it. We enjoyed our meal and our time here!Special Features:
- MarshmallowDined on 8/29/2014I took a group of 4 girlfriends to lunch last Friday, and each entree was delicious. Enjoyed were the chicken fried steak, the honey fried chicken, the hamburger, the flavored iced tea, and trio of dips and chips. The waitstaff was very helpful and friendly. The decor is amazing and fun. Love the cowboy photo in the ladies room! Oh, be sure and find the pork rind piggy.Special Features:
- DFW Restaurant week 8/25-8/29Stampede66Dined on 8/27/2014Awesome Margaritas! Food OK but not for the price. Service OK but not great. Did Del Frisco's last year & was a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerChrisBDined on 8/26/2014We chose Stampede 66 after googling, "Best places in Dallas to dine", which took me to another website "Most interesting places in Dallas to Dine". Stampede was #6 on the list and the first place on the list that took reservations. We enjoyed our dinner, the food was great. 2 small tidbits: 1) I loved the "Texas quotes" and theme on the big screens, however, the music when we sat down was Crosby, Stills and Nash and the next music was Aerosmith. CSN is a Canadian, a Brit and a Californian and Aerosmith is Boston. Not much Texas in any of them! 2) On our reservation, I noted it was our anniversary. No one noticed or mentioned it, which I also thought was odd. Again, not a deal breaker but most places love knowing that information.Special Features: