1717 McKinney Ave.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stampede66.com/
- Phone: 2145506966x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Saturday dinner service from 6 till 11PM.
Happy Hour starts from 4PM till 6PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Tommy Simpson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full off site catering for party sizes ranging from 10-1000.
- Private Party Facilities: Warm rustic private dining room with 70" big screen that seats 32. The room is equipped with modern AV, compatible with PC and most presentation tools, and live window directly into the kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Horne 214-550-6966x
- Entertainment: Texas Country Music
A word from Stampede 66
The latest restaurant from Beard Award-Winning Celebrity Chef Stephan Pyles. A true homage to the Lone Star State and his humble roots, this restaurant brings together Pyles’ stylish interpretations of his favorite Texas foods and a setting that puts contemporary updates on traditional ranch motifs. Chef Pyles introduces Modern Texas Cuisine to Dallas, Texas in this state of the art facility.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stampede 66 reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)good for groups (110)special occasion (103)hot spot (87)great for lunch (49)vibrant bar scene (43)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (27)notable wine list (26)late-night find (16)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (6)Show More
- Not worth the costDaldiner07Dined on 9/20/2014The ambiance is cool and the art work is amazing, but the cost of the food is much higher than it should be.Special Features:
- food delivers, servince so soCKOldhamVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fabulous food, unique items, delicious! Service was competent, but unfriendly and aloof.Special Features:
- bickDined on 9/20/2014Stampede 66 is a beautifully designed Texas themed restaurant. The food is absolutely wonderful and is down home comfort food with a great flair. The staff provides outstanding service. I absolutely loved every moment of this dining experience!!!!Special Features:
- Fun & delicious dining!HappyDinerDined on 9/17/2014I went with a group of friends for lunch and we had the best dining experience. The ambiance, food and service were excellent. I would recommend dining at Stampede 66 for lunch with friends or for a special occasion. We found out they also offer live music on Sunday evenings. I will have to come back to check that out sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yeehaw!FoodbitchDined on 9/16/2014I love recommending Stampede 66 to friends, family and strangers. Out-of-towners are my favorite types to take here as it's over-the-top Texan but still so damn good nobody could possibly complain about all the kitch. Best part is you can do a cheap lunch made up of incredible $4 tacos or a blow-out dinner with clients or friends. Either way it'll be a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Portion SizesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner and had a wonderful time. The food was mostly fantastic - the fried chicken is delicious. The portion sizes are pretty huge - which was a plus. Great pricing too. Two of us dining with drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts and our bill was only $80! Would highly recommend for anyone wanting upscale comfort food at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining with Western FlareGoodStuffDined on 9/13/2014After receiving a gift card to Stampede 66 we were finally able to make reservations 2 weeks in advance. Constantly changing wall images and quotes of famous Texans in the dark, warm tasteful atmosphere kept us entertained while being served by very attentive staff. We were surprised at the menu which appeared unusual and limited, however, upon closer study and some questions to our waiter, we discovered many options to include with our entree. We chose small plates of specialty tacos (other appetizers available) plus the option to split a field greens salad w/figs, to make our dining experience varied and fun! The redfish, fried pickled okra, and chicken-fried buffalo steak were all fantastic. We loved the inclusion of TX wines. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I was in the F&B industry for 25 years. I love good food. I dined with a fellow foodie. We were both very unimpressed. Food was bland and over-priced. Flavor combinations were odd. Peaches in dessert were hard and flavorless. BBQ sauce was overwhelmingly smoky. Restaurant was incredibly loud. Potato salad flavors were overwhelming and odd combination. Biscuits were hard. Chicken was incredibly moist but bland.
- Girls' OutingMarshmallowDined on 9/12/2014All 4 of us had a great dining experience. We had crawfish beignets with dipping sauce, chicken fried steak with chorizo gravy, mashed potatoes, and fresh pea salad, Texas hamburger with made-in-house bun, a carnitas and a beef brisket tacos, the best flavored iced tea, and butterscotch pudding with salted caramel. All were delicious. Wait staff was superb and manager Sean delightful. Everyone enjoyed the décor and comfortable Texas ambiance. This is my second visit in 2 weeks. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Great food and ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Celebrated 30th anniversary there and had a wonderful time. Beautiful décor as well. Also, a short walk to the Perot Museum and House of Blues.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningStampedeDined on 9/7/2014Our experience was exquisite! Can't wait to go back not only great food but the Service specifically the GM was incredible! Thank You for a great experience. JP VicenteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to Sunday Supper hype1BiggieJohnDined on 9/7/2014Dave Alexander Band with great texas cuisine served family style was perfect. Service started a little slow, but was taken care of quickly. great texas ambience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014The food at Stampede 66 has always been great and well presented. My personal favorite is the Chicken Fried Steak, but the Double Stack Burger is a very close second!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, almost excellentScorpionfishDined on 8/31/2014There was nothing to complain about. Both entrees were quite good and perfectly prepared. I can't see anyone not liking their dinner. Neither of us could rave about it though. All in all, I'd rather head over to Smoke for fine dining barbecue. I will move on to latest Stephan Pyles effort.Special Features:
- Loved itRedE2eatDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service. Would highly recommend! 4 adults dined with drinks, appetizer, 4 meals and with gratuity was less than $200.00. Table side margarita was great and enjoyable to drink. No complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for a special occasionmk1982Dined on 8/29/2014Stampede 66 was a fun dining experience! First, the look of the place is pretty cool, kind of modern Texas cowboy. Second, the service and the food were also great! I would agree with other people that the food is a bit on the pricey side, but for a special occasion (my sister's 30th birthday), I believe it's worth it. We enjoyed our meal and our time here!Special Features:
- MarshmallowDined on 8/29/2014I took a group of 4 girlfriends to lunch last Friday, and each entree was delicious. Enjoyed were the chicken fried steak, the honey fried chicken, the hamburger, the flavored iced tea, and trio of dips and chips. The waitstaff was very helpful and friendly. The decor is amazing and fun. Love the cowboy photo in the ladies room! Oh, be sure and find the pork rind piggy.Special Features:
- DFW Restaurant week 8/25-8/29Stampede66Dined on 8/27/2014Awesome Margaritas! Food OK but not for the price. Service OK but not great. Did Del Frisco's last year & was a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerChrisBDined on 8/26/2014We chose Stampede 66 after googling, "Best places in Dallas to dine", which took me to another website "Most interesting places in Dallas to Dine". Stampede was #6 on the list and the first place on the list that took reservations. We enjoyed our dinner, the food was great. 2 small tidbits: 1) I loved the "Texas quotes" and theme on the big screens, however, the music when we sat down was Crosby, Stills and Nash and the next music was Aerosmith. CSN is a Canadian, a Brit and a Californian and Aerosmith is Boston. Not much Texas in any of them! 2) On our reservation, I noted it was our anniversary. No one noticed or mentioned it, which I also thought was odd. Again, not a deal breaker but most places love knowing that information.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Another Stephen Pyles well conceived gem, great theme that is carried out throughout the cuisine and the entire space.Special Features:
- country meets metropolitanVal549Dined on 8/24/2014Stampede 66 is the upgraded version of southern food. It provides Mexican cuisine combined with Southern cuisine. All over the vibe of restaurant is being at a ranch listening to country music and eating great food. I would recommend the restuarant to someone who wants to get Texas style food. Since everything is big in Texas, so are the dishes. I'm absolutely in love with the table side margarita. The presentation is done with dry ice and great silver tequila. I had the fry chicken with green beans and potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicejcleeDined on 8/24/2014Service was not what I expect from a high end restaurant. The waiter seemed unsure of himself and not very helpful. The waiter's assistant must have been in training. We went specifically for Sunday Super, which they were not having because of restaurant week and that was not said until we got to the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwbgDined on 8/24/2014It just keeps getting better every Sunday night. You should try it and make a habit of it. Music,food and staff will keep you coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at good priceslove2dineDined on 8/23/2014Really good upscale comfort food at reasonable prices. No parking but valet is free and easy.Special Features:
- special occasion mealcriffeokDined on 8/23/2014Went here for my daughters 21st birthday. We had heard it was a neat place for special occasions. The service was great. They even got us seated earlier than our reservations time. The margaritas made tableside had no taste what so ever. The food was terrible so obviously very overpriced.Special Features:
- StampedeJGPluv2dineDined on 8/23/2014The good was good, but not great, though the service was great. The appetizer and dessert was outstanding and may be it was my choice of entree that was disappointing. It is a very limited menu.The wine selection was very nice. It is a bit noisy and would be a great place to hang out with a large group of peopleSpecial Features:
- Food was average, prices highTexasEx91VIPDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went with another couple for restaurant week. I decided to order off the regular menu rather than the set menu. Known for their fried chicken, had to give it a go. I could tell the chicken was top notch. Thought the batter was good, but did not like a glaze they put on it. No mention of the glaze or the spiciness on the menu. Came with two 'tater tots' that I found lacked flavor. Also came with two biscuits. Hearty meal, but for $21 expected much more. I tasted a little bit of everything at my table and thought there was a unique twist to every dish. However, even the $45 for restaurant week seemed high. I rarely say anything about price, but I did feel this meal was not worth what we spent.
- DisappointedSteveVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time at Stampede 66. First time was fantastic however this time we were disappointed. The food was mediocre, margaritas awful, and restaurant was extremely noisy.
- Terrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Server was poorly trained, food blasé and the staff began breaking down tables in the area we were sitting (it was barely 9PM) maybe all of this due to restaurant week? The four of us will NEVER go back!
- Not Impressedfatkid01Dined on 8/20/2014The Hells eggs were good. Did not enjoy the food at all. The Honey Chicken was funky tasting, there was no sweet tea in a Texas themed restaraunt, being a Texas Native this was definitely NOT Texas food. Fail.
- Worth TryingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Trendy, but unusual food with a definite unique SW Texas twist. Really worth trying, but slightly pricy, and the appetizer portions are way too small (eg: the breads).Special Features:
- First Time DinerFoodManDined on 8/20/2014Overall, experience was average. Was seated in a booth under a speaker. The music was too loud. Couldn't hear the waiter describe the daily specials and difficult to converse with lunchmate. Lunch portions smaller than expected. Butterscotch pudding was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Unique, pure TexasRleggsDined on 8/19/2014Ambience is main reason to come here. Avant garde meets the Big D in Texas. Interesting art, great lighting. Food is high end comfort food worthy of trying. I wouldn't do the house special table prepared Margharitas again b/c while fun to watch being made, are just to sugary/juiced for my taste. Everyone enjoyed their entrees but don't go if you are a foodie needing your fix. Limited menu, fried, heavier foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 8/19/2014Great place to bring out of town guests. Food and service very dependable and enjoy the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, creative foodWarthogDined on 8/19/2014From the second you step into Stampede 66, it's obvious that you've found a genuine gem. It's very genuine, and a little different - but in a good way. The food was very good, and creative compared to the usual fare. The pickled serranos went very well with their corn bread for a starter, and the chicken fried steak was excellent. The service was great, very quick, and very efficient. I will definitely go back for lunch and definitely will try it for dinner as well.Special Features:
- 7th Wedding AnniversarydericfulbrightDined on 8/18/2014Great experience! Food was amazing, wait staff was attentive, but plesantly invisible. Food was amazing as usual - PLEASE put pork belly on the regular menu!! It was divine! Our new favorite place! One recommendation: more salads!! You guys are amazingly create - I'd love to see more creative salad offerings!Special Features:
- DanyVIPDined on 8/18/2014This is our third time. Went right after Stephen Pyle initially opened Stampede. Very disappointing this trip. Food was average at best, shrimp and grits bland, chicken tamale dry, chicken pretty good. Wait staff was less than attentive. Will not go back. Fell really fast.Special Features:
- GR8foodGR8wineVIPDined on 8/18/2014Fun, Texas kitsch; Doesn't seem very 'Dallas' but visitors from out of town may enjoy it. For a high-end, celebrity chef restaurant, the food was disappointing - especially compared to his other restaurants.
- Restaurant Week MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Overall everything was great. I just feel that the price was a little high for the Restaurant Week menu. I could have gone al a carte and had more of a variety at a better price. Again, overall great and will continue to recommend it to The Joule's hotel guests I speak to. Keep up the great work!! Daniel de la CorteSpecial Features:
- Always an Interesting MenuJennMcTXDined on 8/17/2014Re-visited Stampede 66 for Restaurant Week. While I was sorely tempted by the signature fried chicken on the regular menu, I stuck to the Restaurant Week menu & was not disappointed. They had a version of the fried chicken, but sans tots. The menu is big enough that there will be something for everyone, and it's all good. 4 diners at my table, a little overlap with menu choices, but all walked away very satisfied.Special Features: