2080 United Boulevard
Coquitlam, BC V3K 6W3Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hardrockcasinovancouver.com/
- Phone: 604-523-5368x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: Closed;
Tuesday Thru Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Richmond
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Visit www.hardrockcasinovancouver.com for all of our entertainment listings.
A word from Stake
Stake is proud to serve the very best of the West Coast. From our Ocean Wise Spring Salmon and North Coast HalibutContinued
to our locally sourced Certified Angus Beef Tenderloin or Stake's Signature Smoked Crispy Pork Belly, there is something that is sure to please every palate.
to our locally sourced Certified Angus Beef Tenderloin or Stake's Signature Smoked Crispy Pork Belly, there is something that is sure to please every palate.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Stake - Best Restaurants in Coquitlam ›
Stake reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Stake is a nice little hidden treasure. The food is very good and just off Hwy 1 near the Port Mann so a great place to meet with friends from the valley or north shore. After a nice meal at Stake we like to go over to the Asylum night club for some drinks and listen to the live band. 80's and 90's 2000's cover bands and a nice easy going crowd. The Hard Rock Vancouver is not for just gamblers. A great place for a nice dinner and some live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first timePocofohDined on 10/17/2014Going on the idea that it was a good place-it it was. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal at StakeoutofbreathDined on 10/3/2014We made a reservation for 6 p.m. at Stake - dinner before seeing the 8 p.m. show at the Theatre. The four of us each shared two appetizers. And then we waited and waited and waited for our dinner. The server was very apologetic, but the large crowd was mostly there for the same 8 p.m. show, and the kitchen couldn't keep up with the timing. Our meals arrived to our table at 10 minutes before 8 p.m. We said we were sorry, but we now did not have time to eat the meal. The manager was very apologetic and told us to have a little bite to tide us over, and then come back after the show for dinner and drinks on them. Which we did. And our meal was amazing, and the service excellent. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMaccatDined on 10/3/2014Our pary of four waited over an hour for our entrees. We watched other tables who arrived after us finish their meals and leave. Only flagging down a server and asking where our dinners were and saying they better bring our bill as we couldn't wait any longer - that miracoulsly produced our meal. The salmon was hot but everything else was barely warm and vegtables were actually cold. Sorry but The Hard Rock organization was a huge disappointment this time.
- Manager compensates lukewarm foodTasteVIDined on 10/3/2014There was obviously poor coordination in the kitchen the night we were there because our steaks were lukewarm, vegetables stone cold, potato pipping hot and the plate itself cold, even though it was delivered by a server who warned us it was hot and who was using linen napkins to protect his hands. Knowing the steak would be ruined if we sent it back to the kitchen for re-heating, we quickly consumed the steak before it turned totally cold. The positive for this restaurant was the waitress and the manager, who absorbed our meal cost and profusely apologized. So, we will give this restaurant another try - the steak was tasty and cooked to request. They have a coordination problem that needs to be sorted out but the chef was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EventdavelivDined on 10/2/2014The 30 for 30 event at Stake was a fantastic value. The environment was very comfortable and we were treated as VIPs. The kitchen brought out four great courses and handled several food allergies perfectly. Can't do more than that.Special Features:
- Fabulous SteakDannymacDined on 9/25/2014The dinner was one of our Best ! Everything was delishes and the Steak was cooked perfect , The only negitive was our server shouldn't be a server , ( not friendly ) Mgr very Freindly ! Will be back for Sure ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayFoodiewannabeDined on 9/20/2014Greats of and atmosphere. Buffalo stained glass was odd, as the animal was depicted drooling. Off putting. My husband sent his steak back once due to being under cooked and when it can back was still undercooked. Otherwise great service and our food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great pre-show dinnerJimmyDined on 9/13/2014We booked this restaurant because we going to the Frankie Valli show. This is a popular spot to dine before going to a show at the Hard Rock. Our table was ready and we were seated without delay. The waiter was great, asking if we were going to the show and adding that we could take our time and enjoy our dinner. A martini, a bottle of wine, appetizer, and a steak dinner. The steaks were done to perfection. We had a great time and a great dinner at Stakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueWinedineplayDined on 9/13/2014My husband was not feeling too well and nearly collapsed getting through the casino to the Restaurant. The Staff were ever so helpful and quickly responded to my needs to help him! They got him a wheelchair and escorted him promptly into the Restaurant! I wanted to thank you personally for all your help. The food was amazing ( we had the surf and turf)!!! We spoke to other people who also thought the food was GREAT!!! I have already recommended your Restaurant to my daughter and new son-in-law!!! Great value for your money!!!Special Features:
- Poor serviceBilboDined on 9/13/2014We booked the table for 6 pm for dinner before an 8 pm show in the on-site theatre. The server came round after about 5 minutes - we ordered a bottle of wine and 4 glasses of water. The wine arrived in 20 minutes but after 40 minutes we had to ask another server to get us our water. We sat with menus waiting for them to take our food order for an hour, and of course finished our wine while waiting. The main course arrived at 7:35 pm so we had 15 minutes to gobble it down and hurry to the theatre. Bad experience - 90 minutes of waiting and 15 minutes of enjoying the food. The food itself was very good, but the enjoyment was spoiled by having to rush at the end and having no time for dessert or coffee.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Wonderful service and fantastic menu. From the time we walked in until we left, the staff were absolutely first class. All of our dishes were thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointinggoodfoodieDined on 9/11/2014its unfortunate the food just is so disappointing lacking flavor and coming to the table lukewarm at best and that was the mashed potatoes. We frequently eat out at restaurants and my husband is a very good cook at home. I had expectations of a better that homecooked meal and was very disappointed. While the steak flavour was okay, because it was lukewarm it really detracted from the flavour. The vegetables while pleasing to the eye had no flavour and the mashed potatoes really no better than mine and I don't cook well. All in all, I could have made a better meal. The wine was the meal saver since desert was just safeway cheesecake okay taste. DISAPPOINTING. Thank goodness for the casino and Asylum.Special Features:
- disappointedSeanDDined on 9/6/2014Had reservation for friends bachelor party. Was called 2 hours before reservation that restaurant was booked for private party and we are being moved to lounge downstairs. Manager came to table to apologize and said that they would take care of anything we need. Never saw him or his assistant again. Some food never showed up. Couple of orders were wrong. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Good for CasinospudkingDined on 9/5/2014Good for a Casino Restaurant in Coqulitlam! Food was good and the casino was really awesome as they made renos to it from the Old Red Robinson Casino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're going to the casino...ManofsteelDined on 7/19/2014I booked at Steak because it was my wife's birthday and we wanted to eat before we gambled. Eating at the casino saved us time and babysitting fees so I would recommend Steak to people who want to do the same. With out the casino or the price is right as a bonus "Steak" may not be the best choice around . Portions were small (the Chicken Breast was not 9 oz.) and the menu was a confusing mix of al a carte and standard coarse menu and the presentation was unimaginative. On the up side the prime rib special was great, Oysters were good quality (but lacked presentation and condiments) and the most memorable part was I asked the server to see if the cooks would roast me a rib from the standing rib roast and they did and it was great.Special Features:
- Slow serviceRingofanDined on 7/15/2014We had dinner reservation for 6:30 before the Ringo Starr concert. Dinner was okay, but quite overpriced for what you get. $11 for 2 small crab cakes. Service was poor, our server forgot about us numerous times. We had to ask for water twice, and when it arrived, the glass was dirty.Then when she brought the red wine, she spilled some as she was pouring it. 45 min later, we got our meal. Prime rib was good, the mashed potatoes were rather gluey, the veggies were tasty. We didn't have time for dessert, as the concert started at 8. She knew we were going to the concert, yet we had to ask for our bill twice, and finally at 7:55pm we paid and left. Luckily it's right next door to the theatre so we weren't late. Not sure if we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed1OldRockerDined on 7/15/2014We were seated at 6:15 but MISSED the opening of Ringo at 8:00 because our food took forever to get . Salad missed , not even salt and pepper. You have a long way to go to become a real restaurant. It appears you did not staff up for a full restaurant and we had reservations ......... Would not risk another night . Good Luck
- Bad over priced food2timeknightDined on 7/5/2014Took an hour and a half to get appetizers and they were not good, main course steaks were under seasoned, they had run out of baked potatoes and substituted with a mash that tasted like it was from powdered potatoes. Vegetable sides came after we had our meals they ran out of asparagus.Creme brûlée was uneatable, still frozen in the middle and set alight with some cheap disgusting alcohol that tasted awful. Limited selection of wine and spirit. Staff were nice.
- ServicepanelDined on 7/5/2014The service was great from the young ladies and the food was very nice, we will return sometime soon.Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the Stake reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Went on a Friday evening, was told after reservation made on line that there was going to be buffet menu. Not able to order off the menu and not overly impressed with buffet, cost was more than it was worth. Given no options for other food. Would not likely go again if buffet was only choice.Special Features:
- Very attentive servicebabypalominoDined on 6/20/2014Went to Stake for the first time on June 20, 2014 and I must say the service was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special evening outnd1isnotanameDined on 6/15/2014Very convenient location providing good food and excellent service. Being part of the casino provides after dinner excuse to play a bit and spend sometime looking at all the memorabilia of most of the famous singers, past and most recent. In addition, one can walk off and burn some calories after a heavy dinner.Special Features:
- special treatmentgotdinerDined on 5/17/2014went for a meal before the Casino, had special treatment, free appies, spritzer and dessert. I had steak and my wife Salmon for the main, the food was good and the service excellent, prices a little high but that's maybe because they are trying to make the restaurant exclusive. It wasn't that busy so atmosphere subdued but would recommend to anyone before or after using the casino.Special Features:
- night outnd1isnotanameDined on 5/17/2014A nice place to have a reasonable dining experience that is very convenient to where we live. A very welcoming place with a nice ambience. The menu is limited but has enough variety for anyone to have a choice. The fact it is associated to Hard Rock Casino provides an after dinner venue for entertainment.Special Features:
- Perfect Mother's Day dinnerasparagusloverDined on 5/12/2014Went with a party of 8 to celebrate Mother's Day for my mom, sister, and grandma. We had very attentive service and the food was delicious. We all had dishes ranging from steak to chicken to trout to salmon. Everyone at the table said their dishes are cooked perfectly and the sides were were of ample size so everyone was filled at the end of the meal and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glade we gave it a tryLumarDined on 5/11/2014Food was good and dessert was excellent. Great drinks. No complaints. Had heard some bad things, but for us it was a pleasant experience. Would go again.Special Features:
- A Mothers Day To Rememberluv2dineDined on 5/11/2014We have been coming to this restaurant for quite a few years for birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, etc. This was one of the most memorable times. The Mother's Day brunch was fabulous. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. Using my 91 year old mother's words..."it was the best day ever...everything was perfect"!Special Features:
- Beginning of a great nightMaggieDined on 5/9/2014Food was yummy. Our server was really sweet and lovely.Special Features:
- A Dinner on a Special OccasionStake4MeDined on 5/5/2014My wife and I enjoyed a delicious dinner celebrating a special birthday. The service was pleasant and informative and listened to what we had to say. I had the seafood soup which came in a charming pot and my wife had a wedge salad and we enjoyed both. The salad could have had a nice blue cheese drizzle with bacon bits but that's just us. We asked that our main course be held until we finished with the our apps. and it worked out perfectly. Our steaks were cooked to exactly as asked with nice vegetables and our choice of potato. The wine complemented our meal and we enjoy it very much. The ONLY improvements we both discussed were little more lighting, bigger print on the menu and perhaps a few more choices on the main dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating ...veggieloveDined on 4/26/2014I was impressed with the restaurant's willingness to accommodate my dietary needs - the kitchen did a great job creating a custom meal for me due to my vegetarian diet. Thank you!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014While we enjoyed our experience, we found the food portions lacking. The meat was adequate but the sides very small. We got a tiny scoop of rice, and two carrots and a couple small squash, the sides were very good and we would have liked to have more. We shared a appe. Which also was too small to share but we did not know that at the time. Overall when telling people of our experience we said the food was great just not enough of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food slow serviceMelbeanoDined on 3/30/2014Food was great, service sucked. Took over 20 min to get our bills after we declined the dessert menu or any drinks. Took almost 2 hours from the time we came in until the time we left with no appetizers or dessert. Food tasted great prices were reasonable for what we got but the service was not very good. We were not checked up on often.
- Steak house cafeteriaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2014Atmosphere is odd more like a family diner than a steak restaurant. Prices were reasonable but then quality of the steak was less than at a Keg.
- Friday Fun Night OutMagooDined on 3/7/2014The filet was excellent. The best I ever had. The bar service was slow. My husband had to ask twice for a 2nd beer, but the wine for my friend and I came fast. I would really like it if you were open for lunch. we used to meet girl friends for lunch during the week and a little gambling but now we have had to find a new spot. I am hoping you will have Outdoor Dining in the summer.Special Features:
- mediocre stakeprincess22Dined on 3/1/2014I ordered a craft beer off their menu and waited until I was told they don't have it, crab cakes the size of loonies,taseteless fennel salad, thin chowder with the tail shells left on the shrimp( a pet peeve of mine cuz now you have to handle things in your soup). We both orderd the prime rib and the garlic sauce which comes refrigerated to be squeezed out of a tube bag thus chilling the meat. Ordered coffee and a hot chocolate which we had to send back because it was cold.
- I hope that the experiencedatenightDined on 2/22/2014I hope that the experience was reflective of being new. I found the menu very small. The service was mediocre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentColocDined on 2/15/2014A pretty solid disappointment. I got the roast pear and prosciutto salad. Seems someone forgot to cut anything into even close to bit size pieces, some pieces even had core still attached. Bowl it was served it made cutting impossible so an exercise in frustration. My husband got the carpaccio which was missing any seasoning what so ever. I had the tenderloin steak with potatoe pave and mushroom sauce. Veg were closer to raw that cooked and no seasoning. Potatoe pave ( advertised as scalloped potatoes),overall terrible. Sauce tasted like it came from a package. Steak quality was good, too bad the rest of the plate was terrible. My husband ordered a New York medium well. It came rare. his baked potatoe was unedibly undercooked.
- Steak houseBrandonKDined on 2/14/2014Good food on the upper end of price. Portions are alright, similar to most high end restaurants. The atmosphere is ok, fairly private. Definitely a great date night with gambling, entertainment and good food. Would go there again one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's ReviewCanadianJesterDined on 2/14/2014Went to Stake because I couldn't get a reservation anywhere else and we were going to the Hard Rock Casino; so I figured it made sense. Overall everyone was friendly enough, the food was really well prepared and tasted fine... but the portions were very small. I enjoyed what I had there, but I also ate at Wendy's after so that I'd be full and not have to spend another $50 to do so. Decent place, but meh. Probably wouldn't attend again, just isn't worth it.