1250 Kapiolani Blvd., 2nd Floor
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Stage Restaurant Hawaii
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stagerestauranthawaii.com/
- Phone: 808-237-5429x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (Tuesday - Friday)
Seating between 11:30am - 1:30pm
Dinner (Tuesday - Saturday)
Seating between 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Bar & Lounge opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron De Guzman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering for off-premise special events are available on a limited basis. Please call us at (808) 237-5475 for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Stage Restaurant offers three options for private dining and events.
The Cupola Theatre a state of the art venue transforms into a business lecture room, seated dinner space, movie theatre and more. Equipped with top AV equipment, event furniture and stage lighting with the capacity to hold over 175 people, the Cupola is perfect for any type of event. This space is like a blank canvas, you can make it chic and stylish, comfortable and cozy, industrial… whatever you picture, it can be done here.
For a smaller networking event, singles night, birthday party or bachelor/bachelorette party, the Ice Bar on the 2nd floor of the HDC is just the place. The Ice Bar is fantastic for mixer style events, you can have your own bartender, play your own music, and dance in your own space.
The 3rd floor outdoor terrace is one of Oahu's most urban and hip spaces around. This beautiful space overlooks the hustle and bustle of the city, yet tucked away from patrons and customers.
- Private Party Contact: Food and Beverage Manager 808-237-5475x
- Entertainment: Contemporary music selections provide ambient background melodies to complement your dining experience during normal business hours.
Stage Restaurant features a piano player, Philip Oscar-Pang, every Saturday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Special Events: Every last Monday of the month, we feature a special 4-Course Dinner available with the month's featured wine pairings. More information can be found on our website:
- Cross Street: Parking Entrance from Piikoi St. after Kapiolani Blvd.
- Public Transit: Stage Restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of the Honolulu Design Center. Coming from Waikiki use bus routes #3 or #9. From downtown Honolulu use bus route #3, #9, #17 or #18. The bus stops on Kapiolani going both directions between Pensacola and Piikoi streets. The Honolulu Design Center is a distinctive contemporary orange building.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Convenient free covered parking.
The Honolulu Design Center main parking entrance is located on Piikoi Street. Take the first left turn after crossing Kapiolani Boulevard, heading towards the mountain. A secondary entrance to the parking structure is available on Pensacola Street. Parking entrance is located on the left, last drive way before reaching Kapiolani Blvd.
Pensacola may be closed without prior notice due to special parking arrangements for large events.
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- Always great timeJm9955Dined on 9/3/2014I've always loved the food and dining here. The waiters and staff are very personable and friendly. Not once did I have to ask for water or another beer or beverage. Everyone there seems to know what there place is and I'm very pleased with the service.... Would recommend to other people or friends and family.Special Features:
- Bubu Arare Salmon SaladmochaDined on 9/2/2014Great salad. Nice place for a business lunch, with easy parking and quick, efficient service. Interesting decor with changing artwork. Not exactly inexpensive, but overall, good menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, annoying serviceFoodieDined on 8/28/2014The food was wonderful. The waiters, although attentive, could be overly so at times. I can't understand why waiters insist on interrupting their guests' conversations. They also cleared the plates, although one guest was still eating, which puts pressure on him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny portionsfood5342Dined on 8/23/2014The service is good and the ambience is good as well. I like the location and the decor very much. The food was tasty and interesting, but the portions were absolutely miniscule. The "main" was little more than an appetizer portion. I am certain that at some restaurants, it was even less than that. My date and I went to pick up food when we left. I hate to be too harsh because the staff was nice, but if I can get online on a Saturday afternoon and get a reservation at any time for the same evening, you know that something is not right with the "fine dining" restaurant. In this case, the food and staff are good, but the prices are too high and portions way too small. It was also fairly noisy, so conversation was a problem.Special Features:
- Pongee13VIPDined on 8/23/2014I visit Hawaii 3x per year and make a point to dine at Stage at least once each trip. Food quality is comparable to that in Napa, CA, if not better. Love the fusion of flavors using local ingredients. Wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable on menu and wines. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Camera, Action...EnjoyBigDaddy1231Dined on 8/16/2014I have to state up front, it is a little weird to eat at a furniture store and the location precludes them from getting walk-in traffic. Once you do you arrive, toss out any preconceived notions out the their giant windows. The menu and preparation of the dishes are very imaginative and can more than hold it's own against 4-5 star restaurant in Honolulu. The staff is excellent and work very well together as a team. They offer several different prixe fixe menus which is a nice bonus. We had 5 people and we were fortunate enough to have different tastings of their menu and we were not disappointed with any of the choices. They also boast a very extensive by the wine by the glass menu.Special Features:
- Prix Fixe Menu for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Great prix fixe menu: salad, entree and dessert. The Ceasar salad was fresh and tasty, the spicy ahi bowl was the best, again very fresh and the fruit panna cotta so light yet creamy, yummy!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014Very accommodating and great service. Attentive staff and never had to wait long for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prie Fix LunchMoonieVIPDined on 7/29/2014The prie fix lunch is a great deal..salad, entrée and dessert for $26.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food12tabDined on 7/26/2014Perfect service and the wait staff were all helpful with the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always excellent!Live2EatVIPDined on 7/25/2014The Misoyaki Salmon w/ Cha soba is the best!!! It's my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch prifix menuCathy95Dined on 7/16/2014My husband and I went specifically to try the lunch prifix lunch menu. My husband had the meat loaf and I was going to have the miso salmon but I opted to have the steamed Chinese fish. The meatloaf was fantastic and the portion was very generous as he took his second piece home for lunch the next day. The steamed fish was excellent. The service was great as the server brought both of us a fork and spoon for my husband's brownie dessert. It was decadent and absolutely delicious!!!Special Features:
- Great experienceCaptainNemoDined on 7/2/2014The food was fantastic and the service was outstanding. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Fantastic special occasion placeRMS1HIDined on 6/17/2014Went here for a couple of special occasion dinners and it was wonderful.. It is a foodie heaven, with perfect wine pairings. Very nice service and ambiance (understated, very modern decor). It even has a parking garage under (a definite plus in Honolulu).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFoodLoverDined on 6/17/2014Chef Ron deGuzman and his team create outstanding dishes in a nouveau setting with great service. This is a "I want to go back and eat there again" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ChangesRegularCustomerDined on 6/11/2014I am not sure if the management had been changed, but, the whole service team is definitely new, did not recognize any of them from hostess to waiters/waitress. The quality of service is declining: - took 30 min to get food served for lunch while there was only less than ⅓ full - much less attentive than used to be, and did not get what was asked But the food quality (the Kitchen) is still very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch spotDinDinDined on 6/10/2014Food highlights: Mushroom soup, salmon misoyaki, coffee flan - but everyone in our group enjoyed everything that was ordered. The service was timely and attentive. We went early for lunch and there was plenty of parking. Planning to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never failsMrParlayDined on 6/3/2014Stage is our GoTo place if we want great food and wine. There service is always Top Notch and the Lamb is the best I've tasted. I've had the lamb the last 6 times I've been there and everyone that I recommended the lamb too has agreed it was delicious! The noise level is a bit loud but the great food and service makes you not even notice the noise.Special Features:
- returnersDined on 5/28/2014Our group had just come from a commitment ceremony for 20 years of marriage. It was an impromptu gathering but the service and food were excellent. We had a great time! stage even included a celebratory bottle of champagne and an impromptu serenade! Fabulous fun,great food!Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014This is our anniversary spot and we go there every year to celebrate. The food is always great. We especially love the hamachi sashimi. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 320 reviews are from the Stage Restaurant Hawaii reviews archive.
- All around great restaurantFoodloverDined on 5/10/2014We booked a Saturday reservation through Open Table for a 5:30 seating. The restaurant was not very crowded when we got there, but it gradually filled up. There was a good selection of entrees from which to choose. I had the pesto linguine with Manila clams and it was excellent. My husband had the lamb chop and enjoyed it. There was a kids' menu with the usual kid friendly selections. My 4 year old was able to find something (pasta marinara) to her liking, so I was happy. For dessert, my daughters shared a gigantic cotton candy which they were delighted with. My husband and I had a chocolate dessert which was delicious. My son had a warm pineapple crisp and loved it. The service was attentive, but not overbearing. Love Stage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveeatingcantcookDined on 5/9/2014Interesting menu, excellent food, great decor, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Table of 8FullySatisfiedDined on 4/30/2014Our group of 8 thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Service was good as they kept replenishing the bread and drinks. The wait for food may be a little longer than usual, but it could be because of the size of our group. Everyone enjoyed their meals - which ranged from the herb crusted monchong and meat loaf, to the crab/bacon sandwich, fish tempura, blackened ahi salad, french dip and stage burger. The desserts were equally good - pineapple crisp, brownies ala mode and creme brulee. I will definitely return to try those dishes I didn't get to taste!Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointingTahoeTravelerDined on 4/19/2014Vibrant place. Mostly locals versus tourists. Eclectic setting. The waitress was slow-took 30 minutes to get our salad, 10 minutes to get our wine; had to ask twice to get a second glass of wine. Rest of the staff was great - friendly, quick and prompt. Grilled scallops were done just right. Meatloaf was dry as if it has been sliced and sitting for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; small portionsTwinkleVIPDined on 4/18/2014The place was packed - mainly due to the special anniversary offer of 50% off food! So, the noise level was high at first but quickly forgotten when the food arrived & folks began to leave as the evening wore on. The food, especially signature dishes, were of high quality. Unfortunately, entree portions were small so if no appetizers or salads were ordered, you'd probably walk out feeling a bit empty!Special Features:
- Hamachi appetizer was amazingSojuDined on 4/17/2014I had the lamb chops, wish there was another piece, definitely will not fill a maleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/15/2014Went to celebrate my birthday and take advance of your 50% Anniversary Special. Well worth the experience for the price. Only food was on special, but it allowed us the opportunity to try more dishes than we would at full pop. Drinks are great too, especially during Happy Hour prices.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch at StageCInouyeDined on 4/15/2014I always enjoy going to Stage Restaurant for its truly unique décor and location in the Honolulu Design Center. The elegant setting with every table using designer furniture, the Life Size Horse Lamp and the creepy butler doll at the entrance gets you in the mood for a different experience. The food is good and the service was excellent. We appreciated the extra touch of the Stage Staff writing my friends name on her dessert since it was her Birthday and the tall candle presentation. Parking and access to the restaurant is one of the most convenient places in town. We ordered the Angus Burger Loco Moco on Fried Rice and were happy with the generous portion and flavor. Mahalo to the Staff at Stage!Special Features:
- Great Place for B-Days, Esp TheirsHauoliDined on 4/12/2014Food is beautiful to look at, delicious to eat, and very creative: Wasabi/lilikoi ice: hot and cold at the same time. Delicious tomato/bleu cheese salad, a beautiful orange creme dessert. You are surrounded by art and eating art. It just makes it so much fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Food & ServiceConnie1998Dined on 4/11/2014Went here for anniversary and the food and service were good. They even gave us a complimentary dessert to help us celebrate the occasion which we though was very nice of them. I didn't feel the quality of the food was as good as other high end places but the desserts were really good. We especially enjoyed the popcorn ice cream. A bit pricey but if you go during their anniversary celebration you get a great deal which makes this restaurant worth it. Lots of drinks and the wine list is really good. The location is easy to find and parking is free. I recommend going if you've never tried this place before.Special Features:
- We usually order the prefixOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/11/2014We usually order the prefix meals so it was a wonderful opportunity for us to try individual dishes during Stage's Anniversary special. Hamachi sashimi, mmmm, could have eaten 3 times the order for dinner! Loved the shoyu gelatin that accompanied the sashimi. Excellent service. The potato rolls were delicious but we miss the pumpkin bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!mauigirlVIPDined on 4/10/2014We dined at Stage during their recent anniversary promotion. Though the restaurant was full the service was excellent. The food was very good though some of the portions seemed too small, especially the entrees such as the pork tenderloin. There were just 3 small pieces and a few baby vegetables. You really need to order an appetizer since the portions are tiny. The NY steak was delicious. Stage is one of our favorite restaurants but we notice the portions are smaller and prices higher so we are likely to dine there less than we did before. Nice for special occasions.Special Features:
- Stage is greatGmotogawaDined on 4/5/2014Haven't been to new stage with new chef. Food very good and menu items good although wish could substitute a couple of items. Love the decor. Not really packed and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!!22tangoDined on 4/4/2014Service and food were exceptional. I ordered a beet appetizer dish to share with my friend and had their signature lamb chop dish as my main meal. Friend ordered the scallop. All was excellent. They even offered interesting little palet cleanser before and after the meal and warm bread rolls throughout - I couldn't get enough of the pumpkin rolls! As my friend said, "the only thing they don't do is wipe your mouth." Location is good...it's on the second level of the Design Center, which explains the unique decor throughout the restaurant. Very easy to get to - you just park on the ground level in the garage and take the escalator/elevator up passing through Amuse Bar (great place also for wine tasting). Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for friend dinnermogumogusanDined on 3/29/2014We ordered $55.00 course menu. All of us like this place! I will recommend this place to everybody.Special Features:
- Still one of the bestMattDined on 3/22/2014There are probably 10 or so outstanding restaurants on Oahu and this is easily one of them. I chose it for my Birthday dinner this year, and am glad that it turned out to be the right choice.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceuye1Dined on 3/18/2014Had a very enjoyable meal! Took advantage of their four course prix fixe menu with wine pairings and greatly enjoyed both the dishes and the wine pairings. Dessert was homemade ice cream on a bed of guava tapioca balls, with coconut flakes, and a yummy foam on top!Special Features:
- Excellent service and food is ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014Service is excellent and compares very favorably to high end restaurants. Food presentation is very thought out and pretty. But the portions are small (don't come hungry) and food is ok. Beef wellington was ok, waiter said that only comes medium rare which is ideal but when it came was really medium well. Puny portion, it was smaller than the size of my wife's hand. The demiglasse sauce was excellent. They use low quality rice. Not worth $35. Was warned that the three course tasting menu portions were smaller than normal but see above, does not make a difference. Beet salad was ok, standard. Salmon was a bit over cooked and too salty. It came with asparagus and mushroom and both was cooked perfectly. A decent choice for $35.Special Features:
- Meh..AnonymousDined on 3/14/2014Stylish furnishings, yes. Pretty good service. Nice variety on the glass wine list. Some dishes my companions had were apparently very good. But I found the dishes to be fussy - e.g., the hamachi that everyone seems so enamored with... there just is way too much of everything, except maybe the fabulous fish itself.Special Features:
- For my wife's birthdayWifebirthdayDined on 3/13/2014She wanted to go "someplace nice downtown". It was great good and excellent staff. The decor was definitely modern and eclectic and the staff was amazingly helpful. Everything went wonderfully and the evening was a huge success. We had the four course tasting with the recommended wine selection. Everything pair beautifully and added to a great experience. The only drawback was the restaurant seemed to want to try and limit where people were sitting. As we were enjoying our meal more people kept being seated beside and around us even though there was plenty of room in other areas. This led to a higher noise level but it wasn't obnoxious. Still all in all the dining experience was excellent and I would go back again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.