1250 Kapiolani Blvd., 2nd Floor
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Stage Restaurant Hawaii
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stagerestauranthawaii.com/
- Phone: (808) 237-5429
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (Tuesday - Friday)
11:30am (Last Seating at 1:30pm)
Dinner (Tuesday - Saturday)
5:30pm (Last Seating at 8:30pm)
Bar & Lime Lounge opens at 5:00pm
Afternoon Low Tea Service
Wednesday - Seating 2:30pm to 3:00pm
Saturday - Seating 11:30am to 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron De Guzman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering for off-premise special events are available on a limited basis. Please call us at (808) 237-5475 for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Stage Restaurant offers three options for private dining and events.
The Cupola Theatre a state of the art venue transforms into a business lecture room, seated dinner space, movie theatre and more. Equipped with top AV equipment, event furniture and stage lighting with the capacity to hold over 175 people, the Cupola is perfect for any type of event. This space is like a blank canvas, you can make it chic and stylish, comfortable and cozy, industrial… whatever you picture, it can be done here.
For a smaller networking event, singles night, birthday party or bachelor/bachelorette party, the Ice Bar on the 2nd floor of the HDC is just the place. The Ice Bar is fantastic for mixer style events, you can have your own bartender, play your own music, and dance in your own space.
The 3rd floor outdoor terrace is one of Oahu's most urban and hip spaces around. This beautiful space overlooks the hustle and bustle of the city, yet tucked away from patrons and customers.
- Private Party Contact: Food and Beverage Manager 808-237-5475x
- Entertainment: Contemporary music selections provide ambient background melodies to complement your dining experience during normal business hours.
Stage Restaurant features a piano player, Philip Oscar-Pang, every Saturday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Special Events: Every last Monday of the month, we feature a special 4-Course Dinner available with the month's featured wine pairings. More information can be found on our website:
- Cross Street: Parking Entrance from Piikoi St. after Kapiolani Blvd.
- Public Transit: Stage Restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of the Honolulu Design Center. Coming from Waikiki use bus routes #3 or #9. From downtown Honolulu use bus route #3, #9, #17 or #18. The bus stops on Kapiolani going both directions between Pensacola and Piikoi streets. The Honolulu Design Center is a distinctive contemporary orange building.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Convenient free covered parking.
The Honolulu Design Center main parking entrance is located on Piikoi Street. Take the first left turn after crossing Kapiolani Boulevard, heading towards the mountain. A secondary entrance to the parking structure is available on Pensacola Street. Parking entrance is located on the left, last drive way before reaching Kapiolani Blvd.
Pensacola may be closed without prior notice due to special parking arrangements for large events.
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Was very exited to dine at Stage. After receiving the not so memorable food and the rediculous so called service, it amazes me how many people actually dine on hype rather than experience. Great concept with amazing potential, but definitely not recommended for a dining. It's just a place to see and be seen.Special Features:
- Forgot birthdayfoodie808Dined on 11/18/2014During Open Table reservations, there is a place you can add notes. I put that I was going to celebrate a birthday but no desert with candle. Either they didn't read Open Table or something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensory TreatMrsGDined on 11/15/2014We have dined at Stage twice now, and both events were a true treat. The layout of the restaurant is perfect, as none of the tables feel crowded and somehow, even with a packed house, the noise level doesn't feel oppressive. The decor is modern romantic and we love how each table is different from the others. Our servers were competent, attentive and helpful while never seeming intrusive. The wine pairings with the 5-course prixe fix menu were excellent! Each course was well balanced and thoughtful. The salad with Hirabara greens made me so happy, as it reminded me of my trip to the Hirabara farm. The chef did justice to those beautiful lettuces. The octopus was seasoned and cooked beautifully, we really loved that course. Our single disappointment was with the steaks, as they were both tough, very fatty and the crust was bland and lacking crunch. Judging by the fact that every other course was beautiful, I assume this was simply an off night for steak. We look forward to returning to Stage at least one more time before our stay on Oahu comes to an end. Thank you for an enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBusterDined on 11/12/2014My wife and I recently had a mid-week lunch at the restaurant and we both loved the food and service. She's a hard to please foodie and had nothing but good things to say. Parking places were plentiful at lunch. This was our first time and the signage to the restaurant within the building could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday luncheonALWAYSEATINGDined on 11/11/2014We enjoyed our food. It is not a place for a quick lunch. It will take about 1 1/2 hour to get out. But since we weren't in a rush it was fine. Too bad they are not open for lunch on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlDined on 11/8/2014Food was good, but the best thing was the wines by the glass were moderately priced with a good pour!Special Features:
- Worst experience everbestofoahuDined on 11/7/2014I am very deeply disappointed with Stage. Stage always is changing and usually for the better. The lighting was way to bright and they changed the art and decor to be garishly clashing and busy. The food was awful. The steak I had was drowning in a badly made teriyaki sauce. The appetizer was soaked in oil and stale. The pumpkin roll was over poweringly sweet and the hummus paired with it was overpoweringly garlic (raw) and a poor combination. The dessert was bland and very uninspired. The service was also the worst they have ever done. With few other people to wait upon they were inattentive and uncoordinated. The bill came out wrong and it was obvious that some of their staff lacked training.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Made reservations for the wrong date so had to cancel. Stage is not open for lunch on Sundays so made reservations at Shokudo instead.Special Features:
- Food LoverFoodLoverDined on 10/18/2014A great gem of a restuarant. Executive Chef Ron deGuzman does a great job of melding different tastes and themes. Our dinner guests thoroughly enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014This is a great restaurant with amazing food. Because it is in the design center it is more modern decor which I liked. But if you are looking for open air Hawaii feel this would not be the place. Also interesting wine bar with many wine tasting opportunities. It seemed to attract a younger crowd. Service is excellent as is the foodSpecial Features:
- listen2musicDined on 10/9/2014Overall very good experience with food and music. Only one disappointment. Reservation was made with the intent to listen and the see the band. The proximity of our table to the performers was probably not the best being the farthest away and a column in between. Also, very distracting to be placed in the proximity where servers/bus appear to have had the heaviest traffic.Special Features:
- Great for LunchdineNwhineVIPDined on 10/9/2014Still one of the best places for lunch in Honolulu. Beautiful theater-themed decor, inspired Eurasian cuisine, attentive service and an extensive wine list, make it a go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantNahokuDined on 10/3/2014We've dined at Stage a couple of times and it never disappoints. The food is great, and service is impeccable. The guests are attended to with so much attention, that it is always a pleasure to be there - a real treat. It has become our favorite restaurant. Would highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent place for lunchHawaiiquiltinggalDined on 10/1/2014Went to celebrate my friends birthday. Got a window seat as requested on Open Table reservation, thank you. Excellent service by Christian, very attentive. (I think he was our waiter when my husband and I went in August for prefixe dinner...also very good service). We both had the prefixe lunch which is a bargain at $26. I contemplated going to Mariposa, which would have cost me more...Stage is just as nice although missing the view, but that's OK, unique in a different way. I think the price was right, nice elegance, good for a girls day outing.Special Features:
- Amazing Place.slyrVIPDined on 9/25/2014This place was amazing. The food was excellent. Our waiter was very attractive to our needs, and we had an amazing experience. We will make this our regular spot in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good for lunchbusinessluncherDined on 9/24/2014Let me start off by saying that I've never been there for dinner. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but i think dinner is significantly more expensive than lunch. or maybe it's because lunch I can charge to my company that I just think that? in any event, I go there at least once a month for a business lunch and I always enjoy the food. My favorite is the bubu arare salmon. They used to have it as an entree but now it's only offered on a salad, which is fine because I'm trying to cut back on carbs. The miso salmon entree, I noticed, comes with soba noodles AND rice. Plus they have awesome bread they serve while you are perusing the menu. Anyway, everything I've had there is good, and I love the convenient free parking.Special Features:
- Excellent servicebryamaucDined on 9/19/2014The food here was great, but what really stood out was the excellent service. I went to celebrate my friend getting into the Marines, and they surprised her with a dessert that had a congratulations message written on it in chocolate. They were also very attentive to us, our water level never got low. And if we ever left the table, our napkin was always folded nicely for us when we got back. I would definitely recommend this place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great timeJm9955Dined on 9/3/2014I've always loved the food and dining here. The waiters and staff are very personable and friendly. Not once did I have to ask for water or another beer or beverage. Everyone there seems to know what there place is and I'm very pleased with the service.... Would recommend to other people or friends and family.Special Features:
- Bubu Arare Salmon SaladmochaVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great salad. Nice place for a business lunch, with easy parking and quick, efficient service. Interesting decor with changing artwork. Not exactly inexpensive, but overall, good menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, annoying serviceFoodieDined on 8/28/2014The food was wonderful. The waiters, although attentive, could be overly so at times. I can't understand why waiters insist on interrupting their guests' conversations. They also cleared the plates, although one guest was still eating, which puts pressure on him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny portionsfood5342Dined on 8/23/2014The service is good and the ambience is good as well. I like the location and the decor very much. The food was tasty and interesting, but the portions were absolutely miniscule. The "main" was little more than an appetizer portion. I am certain that at some restaurants, it was even less than that. My date and I went to pick up food when we left. I hate to be too harsh because the staff was nice, but if I can get online on a Saturday afternoon and get a reservation at any time for the same evening, you know that something is not right with the "fine dining" restaurant. In this case, the food and staff are good, but the prices are too high and portions way too small. It was also fairly noisy, so conversation was a problem.Special Features:
- Pongee13VIPDined on 8/23/2014I visit Hawaii 3x per year and make a point to dine at Stage at least once each trip. Food quality is comparable to that in Napa, CA, if not better. Love the fusion of flavors using local ingredients. Wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable on menu and wines. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Camera, Action...EnjoyBigDaddy1231Dined on 8/16/2014I have to state up front, it is a little weird to eat at a furniture store and the location precludes them from getting walk-in traffic. Once you do you arrive, toss out any preconceived notions out the their giant windows. The menu and preparation of the dishes are very imaginative and can more than hold it's own against 4-5 star restaurant in Honolulu. The staff is excellent and work very well together as a team. They offer several different prixe fixe menus which is a nice bonus. We had 5 people and we were fortunate enough to have different tastings of their menu and we were not disappointed with any of the choices. They also boast a very extensive by the wine by the glass menu.Special Features:
- Prix Fixe Menu for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Great prix fixe menu: salad, entree and dessert. The Ceasar salad was fresh and tasty, the spicy ahi bowl was the best, again very fresh and the fruit panna cotta so light yet creamy, yummy!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014Very accommodating and great service. Attentive staff and never had to wait long for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prie Fix LunchMoonieVIPDined on 7/29/2014The prie fix lunch is a great deal..salad, entrée and dessert for $26.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food12tabDined on 7/26/2014Perfect service and the wait staff were all helpful with the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 330 reviews are from the Stage Restaurant Hawaii reviews archive.
- Food is always excellent!Live2EatVIPDined on 7/25/2014The Misoyaki Salmon w/ Cha soba is the best!!! It's my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch prifix menuCathy95Dined on 7/16/2014My husband and I went specifically to try the lunch prifix lunch menu. My husband had the meat loaf and I was going to have the miso salmon but I opted to have the steamed Chinese fish. The meatloaf was fantastic and the portion was very generous as he took his second piece home for lunch the next day. The steamed fish was excellent. The service was great as the server brought both of us a fork and spoon for my husband's brownie dessert. It was decadent and absolutely delicious!!!Special Features:
- Great experienceCaptainNemoDined on 7/2/2014The food was fantastic and the service was outstanding. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Fantastic special occasion placeRMS1HIDined on 6/17/2014Went here for a couple of special occasion dinners and it was wonderful.. It is a foodie heaven, with perfect wine pairings. Very nice service and ambiance (understated, very modern decor). It even has a parking garage under (a definite plus in Honolulu).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFoodLoverDined on 6/17/2014Chef Ron deGuzman and his team create outstanding dishes in a nouveau setting with great service. This is a "I want to go back and eat there again" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ChangesRegularCustomerDined on 6/11/2014I am not sure if the management had been changed, but, the whole service team is definitely new, did not recognize any of them from hostess to waiters/waitress. The quality of service is declining: - took 30 min to get food served for lunch while there was only less than ⅓ full - much less attentive than used to be, and did not get what was asked But the food quality (the Kitchen) is still very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch spotDinDinDined on 6/10/2014Food highlights: Mushroom soup, salmon misoyaki, coffee flan - but everyone in our group enjoyed everything that was ordered. The service was timely and attentive. We went early for lunch and there was plenty of parking. Planning to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never failsMrParlayDined on 6/3/2014Stage is our GoTo place if we want great food and wine. There service is always Top Notch and the Lamb is the best I've tasted. I've had the lamb the last 6 times I've been there and everyone that I recommended the lamb too has agreed it was delicious! The noise level is a bit loud but the great food and service makes you not even notice the noise.Special Features:
- returnersDined on 5/28/2014Our group had just come from a commitment ceremony for 20 years of marriage. It was an impromptu gathering but the service and food were excellent. We had a great time! stage even included a celebratory bottle of champagne and an impromptu serenade! Fabulous fun,great food!Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014This is our anniversary spot and we go there every year to celebrate. The food is always great. We especially love the hamachi sashimi. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great restaurantFoodloverDined on 5/10/2014We booked a Saturday reservation through Open Table for a 5:30 seating. The restaurant was not very crowded when we got there, but it gradually filled up. There was a good selection of entrees from which to choose. I had the pesto linguine with Manila clams and it was excellent. My husband had the lamb chop and enjoyed it. There was a kids' menu with the usual kid friendly selections. My 4 year old was able to find something (pasta marinara) to her liking, so I was happy. For dessert, my daughters shared a gigantic cotton candy which they were delighted with. My husband and I had a chocolate dessert which was delicious. My son had a warm pineapple crisp and loved it. The service was attentive, but not overbearing. Love Stage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveeatingcantcookDined on 5/9/2014Interesting menu, excellent food, great decor, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Table of 8FullySatisfiedDined on 4/30/2014Our group of 8 thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Service was good as they kept replenishing the bread and drinks. The wait for food may be a little longer than usual, but it could be because of the size of our group. Everyone enjoyed their meals - which ranged from the herb crusted monchong and meat loaf, to the crab/bacon sandwich, fish tempura, blackened ahi salad, french dip and stage burger. The desserts were equally good - pineapple crisp, brownies ala mode and creme brulee. I will definitely return to try those dishes I didn't get to taste!Special Features: