Stacks at Steam Plant
159 S. Lincoln St
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Stacks at Steam Plant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steamplantspokane.com/
- Phone: 5097773900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Barry Matthews
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 2nd Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer free parking directly outside the front doors to the restaurant. Also, if you park in the Diamond Lot that is located one block north of the restaurant on Lincoln, we will deduct the parking fee from your dining bill up to the total of your bill.
A word from Stacks at Steam Plant
Our restaurant, Stacks at Steam Plant, offers a distinctive approach to dining in which we work with local farmers and ranchers to create dishes that celebrate the best our region has to offer. The restaurant offers seating with views of the 80-foot ceilings, old boiler pipes and catwalks as well as to the pub down below. Steam Plant Brewing Company & Pub showcases it"s very own nationally-acclaimed, hand-crafted beers using regionally grown grains and hops. The menu here offers our Chef's own twist of traditional pub fare, including meats and fish smoked right here inside our smokehouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Stacks at Steam Plant - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Stacks at Steam Plant reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not to missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014This is a must see. It's close to downtown entertainment but just far enough off the beaten path that it's a find. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is full of fascinating things to see. It's an expertly done conversion of a early 20th century steam plant into a first class night spot. It should be on your short list of places to go in downtown Spokane.Special Features:
- Slow service, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had a party of 6 and it took the server 20 minutes to get us our drinks, service was pretty slow. Food was okay but we expected more. Think they need more servers on weekends.Special Features:
- Wow, a fun place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/29/2014We really enjoyed the atmosphere of this converted steam plant. It has a lot of ambiance and if you like history you need to check this place out. My wife loved her salmon pasta dish but I wasn't thrilled with the stuffed chipotle pork chop. The waiter said it was very popular but I think I should have ordered something else. I would definitely give it another try though.
- Group MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I made reservations for our group online and was happy to see the confirmation email. I checked with the hostess upon arrival and was happy to see the online reservation had been properly attended and that our group was to have a beautiful room "the board room" for our meeting. We had wonderful service while we conducted our event and everyone seemed very satisfied with food/drink.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful waitress. Atmosphere is nice and you get to learn some history of the area. The dinner pricing is too high for the size and quality of the dishes. We had a wonderful waitress.Special Features:
- outstanding service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Incredible atmosphere! Outstanding service from Danielle!! Great food! We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Improve the SteakKanBBettrDined on 9/18/2014I like the place and I'll be back, but the steak was stringy on the special. The folks who served and hosted were outstanding.Special Features:
- Early dinner before a concert.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We arrived early for our reservation so decided to spend that early time in the bar. Enjoyed the atmosphere there and the friendly bartender and waitresses impressed us. When it was time for our reservation, we slowly walked upstairs, enjoying the antiques and history of the building. Our waitress was attentive but not overbearing or pushy and we enjoyed a relaxing, delicious meal that was timed perfectly so we didn't have to wait between the salad and entrée. We were going to a concert after and the waitress was conscious of our time and brought our ticket timely. Was a very enjoyable time and we will definitely come back another time!Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014service & food was slow, inattentave waiter, who explained that we'd came at the end of a rush - not a great answer. restauraunt was about 1/2 fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic AppetizersStacksabovetherestDined on 9/17/2014Our first time there- drinks were great!! Happy Hour - wonderful! Appetizers not only very tasty but very generous portion size!! Service - very good!! Definitely a go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of AmbianceeatingenjoymentDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant is full of history! The interior has been re-purposed from an actual steam plant to a very trendy restaurant. After your meal, you might try taking a self-guided tour. For the main meal, we tried the Kurabi Pork Ribs and the Buffalo Meat Loaf. Both are highly recommended. The ribs were generous in quantity and had a balanced smokey/barbecue flavor. The surface of the ribs were crusty but not burnt. The Buffalo Meat Loaf was also generous in its portion and did not rely on salts to bring out a tender, savory well-rounded meaty flavor. Wine, main meal, tax and gratuities came to $63.00. You might also try leaving with a Growler from their Steam Plant Brewing Co.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changing MenuluvfoodDined on 9/14/2014We have been here many times in the past and it seems like our favorite dishes always end up getting deleted from the menu! The southwest nachos appetizer, the pork osso bucco and the pork belly were all great dishes that are no longer on the menu! Overall, the Steamplant is a nice restaurant, if not a little overpriced, but please bring back your best dishes!Special Features:
- Ambiance and qualityfamfunDined on 8/29/2014The historic location has been transformed into great dining and retail space - retaining charm, character and educational components. Fantastic environment and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLuvbirdsDined on 8/26/2014We spent a rare night out for our 14th anniversary. Our food was delicious and the space was beautiful...but above all of that the service was top notch. Caine was attentive, funny and spot on. We will be back.Special Features:
- Go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014A visit to Spokane without a visit to the Steam Plant would be a waste. A must go bar and restaurant.Special Features:
- AtmospheregramboDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding atmosphere with extraordinary food. Brought friends from out of state and we all said one of the finest dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceJunieDined on 8/15/2014This was a birthday dinner - hubby's always wanted to go here. Food was absolutely delicious. Service great and ambiance can't be matched.Special Features:
- Very Unique RestaurantAnywherefoodieDined on 8/11/2014You will never find another restaurant like this! It's amazing how this old steam plant built in the early 1900's has been refurbished. Never thought I'd be calling a steam plant gorgeous! The four of us all had different dinners and we were all very happy with our choice. I had the Smoked Salmon Pasta which was absolutely wonderful. They have a very well rounded menu to suit anybody. If you're in Spokane this is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stacks Came Through AgainKevinDined on 8/2/2014This occasion I brought my parents, my sister and her family visiting from out of town, and my family to Stacks. The food and beer were excellent. Our party of 8 had a semi-private table without requesting it. My sister was very impressed by the awesome ambiance and facility. I always make sure my visiting guests get to experience Stacks.Special Features:
- Steam PlantJames41Dined on 8/2/2014Pub happy hour is great with good appetizers and well drinks or wine. Since we hadn't eaten up stairs at Stack for years I thought it would be great for my wife's birthday. The waiter meant well but was inexperienced. I ordered scallops. Three I believe stacked on barley and quinoa cakes. The seasoning was good, but the cakes were dry and hard. At $24 it would have been over prices if it was good, but I only ate one and part of another. I told the server and he agreed, but nothing was ever done. My wife ordered fish and chips and she is has a good appetite but left most of it on the plate. A less than standard fast food meal. My daughter's Steelhead was probably the only passable meal and I sampled it
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The location is excellent and the history behind the building is interesting. Very unique atmosphere and a fun venue for groups. There are quiet areas for groups and an interesting bar downstairs. I wish there would have been more written up and displayed about the steam plant. Appetizers were really good. 8 of us ordered something different for dinner and I would say the response was surprisingly poor. For example. I ordered the ribs and shared with a friend. Neither of us liked the mustard sauce. I must not have read the detail on the dish close enough. A waiter was great. I didn't say anything but he offered a credit. If they make the most of the history of the building and take the food up a notch or two it will be great.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDPatsyDined on 7/23/2014I was very excited to bring my team to your restaurant. I thought it was unique & the menu appeared to have a great choice. The experience was not anything as anticipated. Service was lacking. The most disappointing was that the food was at most warm- Seemed to have been previously frozen - over-cooked. It was a special thank you for my leaders and ending in folks from Eastern WA. walking away with never returning again. The building was unique and beautiful- food overpriced and horrible. My choice was either Anthony's on the water or your establishment. One of my guest stated that when they arrived in Spokane they had the best little burger at "Dicks". A 2.00 quick snack beat out your restaurant. Sad..........
- Hoopfest weekendhoopfestweekendDined on 6/28/2014food was "OK" ... In Spokane for the prices this placed charged.... food should have been much better!Special Features:
- The following 99 reviews are from the Stacks at Steam Plant reviews archive.
- Great Servicezhr10VIPDined on 6/12/2014Food very Salty. Bret was good. Meats way over cooked.
- freezerDined on 5/30/2014We had a very enjoyable time both in the bar and the restaurant, The staff were excellent, fun and helpful!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Have eaten at Stacks before and enjoyed the food and service. This time; not so much. Roasted vegetables were soggy. Chicken bland. Wanted a port after dinner; did not have any. Ordered desert and coffee to replace the port - Coffee was lukewarm and the it took over 10 minutes to bring desert, by that time we had to leave as we had run out of time. Very small by the glass wine selection
- Awesome food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Food was delicious and beer menu was fantastic!! Had a great time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 5/22/2014Food was alright. Service was slow at times. Awesome set up and neat place to go to but the food isn't spectacular.
- Great AtmosphereBuzzDined on 5/18/2014A great atmosphere, love all the history and architectural elements that have been retained in this old WWP building. A diamond in the rough! Dining experience was wonderful, food was pleasing and service was fine.Special Features:
- Nice place, lousy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We were so excited to go to the Steamplant before going to the theater; there were 5 of us, we're not hard to please and every one of us felt our meals were very poor, lukewarm, underseasoned. I had the scallops on quinoa cakes and the cakes were stale and dry. We couldn't have been more disappointed in the food, particularly since the restaurant is so unique and our wait staff was very nice. Unfortunately we will not be returning and will not be recommending it.
- margaretDined on 5/16/2014We usually eat at Stacks when we are staying in Spokane. Our table is always ready and never had a problem with the food or the service. He service may be a little slow for some but it is perfect for us as we want to sit and chat without feeling rushed with our food. We shall be back the next time we are in town
- Grad nightGUgradDined on 5/10/2014Spent minimal time in Spokane, but the stack was a surprise and the current website photos don't do it justice...it was a great evening... A thanks to your staff for making it memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good food notIronmanDined on 5/10/2014Were seated immediately upon arrival for our reservation, service was very good. Duck was recommended as medium rare and came out raw on inside and too chewy to eat. Rice was cold, asparagus cold and overlooked. Quinoa was also very cold. Nice selection of draught beers. Ordered a growler to go, put in car and it leaked all over back seat because they had not tightened the lid. My second time there, first was much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great building the food needs workAngieTDined on 5/9/2014The restaurant is very cool to go to. They did a great job on converting the steam plant into a restaurant. The food needs some work. My sister and I both order the scallops, which is one of the most expensive entrees on the menu at $24. There were three small over cooked scallops on top of dry, tasteless quinoa barley cakes. On top was drizzled the smallest amount of sauce. The side was asparagus, which was good. My brother-in-law ordered the salmon penne pasta, which he said tasted like canned salmon. My other sister ordered the fish and chips, which was quite good. It came with sweet potato fries and coleslaw which were good too. Luckily the portion was big, so my sister and I could share and not starve. Waitress was nice & comped us.Special Features:
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The ambience was spectacular. We even commented while we were eating that although the restaurant was packed it was very quiet. We could actually talk in a normal tone and hear each other.
- ServicedatenightDined on 5/7/2014Loved the atmosphere! Halibut was delicious. Had new waiter & he put our entree order in at same time as starters. Entree delivered to our table about 5 minutes after we received our starters. So, we felt rushed to eat our starters. The waiter apologized and we were not charged for our starters. We did not expect that but it was nice that they recognized a mistake was made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Interesting AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014The atmosphere was intriguing, sitting in an industrial setting enjoying high-end dining. The food was good, but not incredible. The service was disappointingly slow. There was no mention of the special occasion that I specifically pointed out when the reservation was made. We went to a play (Wicked) at the convention center and in the playbill, there was a special offer to play-goers of a free appetizer before or after the play. That is a poor incentive, as those who are at the play have already eaten dinner, so nobody would have the opportunity to use the offer. I was a bit perturbed in light of the fact that I paid $9 for some cheese bread not an hour before seeing the ad in the playbill.
- Bloomsday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014My family and a friend celebrated finishing our first Bloomsday Day race. The setting was an architectual dellight. The steam plant maintains it's rich history and now serves as a great restaurant and bar. We enjoyed looking around and walking on the catwalks. We had excellent service and excellent food. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody in Spokane, WA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bloomsday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Thanks to the staff for an epic adventure. We were in town for Bloomsday and wanted a nice place to eat a great meal before the big race. Parking in a crowded area of downtown was free with our dinner. The food was great at a nice range of affordable and splurge prices. The staff was so friendly and we loved the steampunk atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could've have been really greatWhitemanDined on 5/3/2014Scenery and decor were just as advertized, facinating. So, great service, good drinks, overall a nice place to go with friends for drinks and casual food. We had a party of eight for dinner and everyone had a good time thanks to very good sevice & the atmosphere. So what should have been an A+ experience, turned into a B due to some inconsistent food. Still I would return for the ambiance and certain select food offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.