Stacks at Steam Plant
159 S. Lincoln St
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Stacks at Steam Plant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steamplantspokane.com/
- Phone: 5097773900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Barry Matthews
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 2nd Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer free parking directly outside the front doors to the restaurant. Also, if you park in the Diamond Lot that is located one block north of the restaurant on Lincoln, we will deduct the parking fee from your dining bill up to the total of your bill.
A word from Stacks at Steam Plant
Our restaurant, Stacks at Steam Plant, offers a distinctive approach to dining in which we work with local farmers and ranchers to create dishes that celebrate the best our region has to offer. The restaurant offers seating with views of the 80-foot ceilings, old boiler pipes and catwalks as well as to the pub down below. Steam Plant Brewing Company & Pub showcases it"s very own nationally-acclaimed, hand-crafted beers using regionally grown grains and hops. The menu here offers our Chef's own twist of traditional pub fare, including meats and fish smoked right here inside our smokehouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Stacks at Steam Plant - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Stacks at Steam Plant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (6)romantic (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014A visit to Spokane without a visit to the Steam Plant would be a waste. A must go bar and restaurant.Special Features:
- AtmospheregramboDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding atmosphere with extraordinary food. Brought friends from out of state and we all said one of the finest dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceJunieDined on 8/15/2014This was a birthday dinner - hubby's always wanted to go here. Food was absolutely delicious. Service great and ambiance can't be matched.Special Features:
- Very Unique RestaurantAnywherefoodieDined on 8/11/2014You will never find another restaurant like this! It's amazing how this old steam plant built in the early 1900's has been refurbished. Never thought I'd be calling a steam plant gorgeous! The four of us all had different dinners and we were all very happy with our choice. I had the Smoked Salmon Pasta which was absolutely wonderful. They have a very well rounded menu to suit anybody. If you're in Spokane this is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stacks Came Through AgainKevinDined on 8/2/2014This occasion I brought my parents, my sister and her family visiting from out of town, and my family to Stacks. The food and beer were excellent. Our party of 8 had a semi-private table without requesting it. My sister was very impressed by the awesome ambiance and facility. I always make sure my visiting guests get to experience Stacks.Special Features:
- Steam PlantJames41Dined on 8/2/2014Pub happy hour is great with good appetizers and well drinks or wine. Since we hadn't eaten up stairs at Stack for years I thought it would be great for my wife's birthday. The waiter meant well but was inexperienced. I ordered scallops. Three I believe stacked on barley and quinoa cakes. The seasoning was good, but the cakes were dry and hard. At $24 it would have been over prices if it was good, but I only ate one and part of another. I told the server and he agreed, but nothing was ever done. My wife ordered fish and chips and she is has a good appetite but left most of it on the plate. A less than standard fast food meal. My daughter's Steelhead was probably the only passable meal and I sampled it
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The location is excellent and the history behind the building is interesting. Very unique atmosphere and a fun venue for groups. There are quiet areas for groups and an interesting bar downstairs. I wish there would have been more written up and displayed about the steam plant. Appetizers were really good. 8 of us ordered something different for dinner and I would say the response was surprisingly poor. For example. I ordered the ribs and shared with a friend. Neither of us liked the mustard sauce. I must not have read the detail on the dish close enough. A waiter was great. I didn't say anything but he offered a credit. If they make the most of the history of the building and take the food up a notch or two it will be great.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDPatsyDined on 7/23/2014I was very excited to bring my team to your restaurant. I thought it was unique & the menu appeared to have a great choice. The experience was not anything as anticipated. Service was lacking. The most disappointing was that the food was at most warm- Seemed to have been previously frozen - over-cooked. It was a special thank you for my leaders and ending in folks from Eastern WA. walking away with never returning again. The building was unique and beautiful- food overpriced and horrible. My choice was either Anthony's on the water or your establishment. One of my guest stated that when they arrived in Spokane they had the best little burger at "Dicks". A 2.00 quick snack beat out your restaurant. Sad..........
- Hoopfest weekendhoopfestweekendDined on 6/28/2014food was "OK" ... In Spokane for the prices this placed charged.... food should have been much better!Special Features:
- Great Servicezhr10VIPDined on 6/12/2014Food very Salty. Bret was good. Meats way over cooked.
- freezerDined on 5/30/2014We had a very enjoyable time both in the bar and the restaurant, The staff were excellent, fun and helpful!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Have eaten at Stacks before and enjoyed the food and service. This time; not so much. Roasted vegetables were soggy. Chicken bland. Wanted a port after dinner; did not have any. Ordered desert and coffee to replace the port - Coffee was lukewarm and the it took over 10 minutes to bring desert, by that time we had to leave as we had run out of time. Very small by the glass wine selection
- Awesome food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Food was delicious and beer menu was fantastic!! Had a great time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 5/22/2014Food was alright. Service was slow at times. Awesome set up and neat place to go to but the food isn't spectacular.
- Great AtmosphereBuzzDined on 5/18/2014A great atmosphere, love all the history and architectural elements that have been retained in this old WWP building. A diamond in the rough! Dining experience was wonderful, food was pleasing and service was fine.Special Features:
- Nice place, lousy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We were so excited to go to the Steamplant before going to the theater; there were 5 of us, we're not hard to please and every one of us felt our meals were very poor, lukewarm, underseasoned. I had the scallops on quinoa cakes and the cakes were stale and dry. We couldn't have been more disappointed in the food, particularly since the restaurant is so unique and our wait staff was very nice. Unfortunately we will not be returning and will not be recommending it.
- margaretDined on 5/16/2014We usually eat at Stacks when we are staying in Spokane. Our table is always ready and never had a problem with the food or the service. He service may be a little slow for some but it is perfect for us as we want to sit and chat without feeling rushed with our food. We shall be back the next time we are in town
- Grad nightGUgradDined on 5/10/2014Spent minimal time in Spokane, but the stack was a surprise and the current website photos don't do it justice...it was a great evening... A thanks to your staff for making it memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good food notIronmanDined on 5/10/2014Were seated immediately upon arrival for our reservation, service was very good. Duck was recommended as medium rare and came out raw on inside and too chewy to eat. Rice was cold, asparagus cold and overlooked. Quinoa was also very cold. Nice selection of draught beers. Ordered a growler to go, put in car and it leaked all over back seat because they had not tightened the lid. My second time there, first was much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great building the food needs workAngieTDined on 5/9/2014The restaurant is very cool to go to. They did a great job on converting the steam plant into a restaurant. The food needs some work. My sister and I both order the scallops, which is one of the most expensive entrees on the menu at $24. There were three small over cooked scallops on top of dry, tasteless quinoa barley cakes. On top was drizzled the smallest amount of sauce. The side was asparagus, which was good. My brother-in-law ordered the salmon penne pasta, which he said tasted like canned salmon. My other sister ordered the fish and chips, which was quite good. It came with sweet potato fries and coleslaw which were good too. Luckily the portion was big, so my sister and I could share and not starve. Waitress was nice & comped us.Special Features:
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The ambience was spectacular. We even commented while we were eating that although the restaurant was packed it was very quiet. We could actually talk in a normal tone and hear each other.
- ServicedatenightDined on 5/7/2014Loved the atmosphere! Halibut was delicious. Had new waiter & he put our entree order in at same time as starters. Entree delivered to our table about 5 minutes after we received our starters. So, we felt rushed to eat our starters. The waiter apologized and we were not charged for our starters. We did not expect that but it was nice that they recognized a mistake was made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Interesting AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014The atmosphere was intriguing, sitting in an industrial setting enjoying high-end dining. The food was good, but not incredible. The service was disappointingly slow. There was no mention of the special occasion that I specifically pointed out when the reservation was made. We went to a play (Wicked) at the convention center and in the playbill, there was a special offer to play-goers of a free appetizer before or after the play. That is a poor incentive, as those who are at the play have already eaten dinner, so nobody would have the opportunity to use the offer. I was a bit perturbed in light of the fact that I paid $9 for some cheese bread not an hour before seeing the ad in the playbill.
- Bloomsday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014My family and a friend celebrated finishing our first Bloomsday Day race. The setting was an architectual dellight. The steam plant maintains it's rich history and now serves as a great restaurant and bar. We enjoyed looking around and walking on the catwalks. We had excellent service and excellent food. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody in Spokane, WA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bloomsday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Thanks to the staff for an epic adventure. We were in town for Bloomsday and wanted a nice place to eat a great meal before the big race. Parking in a crowded area of downtown was free with our dinner. The food was great at a nice range of affordable and splurge prices. The staff was so friendly and we loved the steampunk atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could've have been really greatWhitemanDined on 5/3/2014Scenery and decor were just as advertized, facinating. So, great service, good drinks, overall a nice place to go with friends for drinks and casual food. We had a party of eight for dinner and everyone had a good time thanks to very good sevice & the atmosphere. So what should have been an A+ experience, turned into a B due to some inconsistent food. Still I would return for the ambiance and certain select food offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Stacks at Steam Plant reviews archive.
- Waitress was rude and rolledjustmeDined on 4/5/2014Waitress was rude and rolled her eyes at us a couple times. I was trying to show out of town visitors a good time, but she kinda wrecked it.
- Special diet notedBirthdayBrat60Dined on 3/30/2014My mom is vegan and when I reserved, I ask that vegan foods be highlighted as options. I was impressed when the waiter came back and explained how the dish could be modified to be vegan. The service was excellent and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly Enjoyed our Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Family as in town so we wanted to make dinner memorable. We were celebrating a 40th wedding anniversary and a birthday. The history of the Steam Plant and the remodeling to transform it into a restaurant was of great interest. Since we had an 18-month old with us, special seating requests were made and accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible food, beer and wine.telulasammDined on 3/20/2014Everything we tried here was horrible. The food was unbelievably bad (beer cheese soup, pork osso bucco, black and blue sirloin). We tried 4 different beers and 2 red wines and all of them were horrible. How this place is still in business is a mystery. The only positive was our server, Anthony, who was friendly and pleasant and knowledgeable. We will never return.
- something out of the ordinaryShihDined on 3/20/2014Mix excellent cuisine with the most unusual ambience - The shell of a steam plant! It was magnificent. Due to its past, the building has numerous rooms of varying sizes that accommodates guests of varying group size. Hallways, boilers, every room is being used in the most creative way! Just loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SWAJCswaDined on 3/8/2014We had a large group (15) and they did a wonderful job of setting us up in a private area. The food was amazing and the service was good. We had a little mix up on the delivery of two steaks and who they went but overall I would love to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My younger sister asked ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014My younger sister asked our waiter about substituting a sauce because she was lactose intolerant. He went above and beyond and brought her two sauces to try as well as checking the rest of the meal and making substitutions where needed. Fabulous service abd delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good experienceoldshepDined on 3/2/2014The setting is interesting and beautiful. The food was excellent! I will be back to enjoy the food and atmosphere again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week dealTMTKDined on 3/1/2014The food at Steamplant was good and the restaurant week deal was one of the better ones for the money. I recommend a booth away from the railing because kids and even some adults like to hang on the railing which means you have people staring at you while you eat in the half moon shaped boothsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FreshattaBoyDined on 2/28/2014Aside from trying to find decent parking (which is always a challenge in the city), this place is not to be missed! Great food, interesting menu, fantastic brews, unique ambiance, fair menu pricing for the quality of food and experience you get. Do not miss this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saved by the foodSMPfoodieDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went to Stacks for a romantic Valentine's dinner. We made a reservation via Open Table & arrived a few minutes early. When we approached the hostess stand they were seating people as they arrived-our reservation apparently meant nothing. We waited for over 20 minutes-yet there were open tables in the restaurant and our reservation had been for 8pm.Our waitress sadly did nothing to redeem the experience. She was not friendly- curt and mechanical. We'd never been to Stacks & had questions about the building & its history, but she treated our questions like they were annoying. The food was amazing.the Coal bunker cheese bread was incredible.my husband ordered a rib eye-great cut, perfectly cooked. My chipotle pork chop-delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmospherebuckshotDined on 2/15/2014The décor of the Steamplant is truly unique. Much of the original building is still intact and visible. The outstanding menu and use of local ingredients just added to a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserved for anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Second time to the plant, very glad we had reservations. We were seated very close to our reservation time. The room we ate in had room for 24 and was fairly loud. Once one or two of the noisier groups left the atmosphere and noise was much better. The food, smoked salmon pasta and the Greek chicken pasta were fantastic. We will go back but probably see if we can get a quieter table or location.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the sceneluv2eatDined on 2/15/2014Really loved the restaurant itself. The beer was great and the sample tray was a superb idea. The waiter was very polite and professional, and his recommendation was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.