Stacks at Steam Plant
159 S. Lincoln St
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Stacks at Steam Plant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steamplantspokane.com/
- Phone: (509) 777-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Barry Matthews
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Steam Plant Commons and Banquets offers four unique private dining areas. These rooms provide the perfect space for banquets, receptions, meetings and private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Dana Bernal 5094620285
- Cross Street: 2nd Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer free parking directly outside the front doors to the restaurant. Also, if you park in the Diamond Lot that is located one block north of the restaurant on Lincoln, we will deduct the parking fee from your dining bill up to the total of your bill.
A word from Stacks at Steam Plant
Our restaurant, Stacks at Steam Plant, offers a distinctive approach to dining in which we work with local farmers and ranchers to create dishes that celebrate the best our region has to offer. The restaurant offers seating with views of the 80-foot ceilings, old boiler pipes and catwalks as well as to the pub down below. Steam Plant Brewing Company & Pub showcases it"s very own nationally-acclaimed, hand-crafted beers using regionally grown grains and hops. The menu here offers our Chef's own twist of traditional pub fare, including meats and fish smoked right here inside our smokehouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stacks at Steam Plant - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Stacks at Steam Plant reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (31)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (14)late-night find (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great renovated spacedurhamlocalVIPDined on 11/19/2014The space is awesome and has a great bar area. Food was better than average and service was good. It is worth trying at least once to form your own opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulously Unique !psMagnifiqueDined on 11/15/2014Stacks at Steam Plant is a true cut above ! For those who enjoy fine dining with a unique blend of flavor like no other, Stacks at Steam Plant is the place to go. The food was absolutely devine, the service, exceptional and the ambiance interesting and comfortable. this is my new favorite !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Our service was great. Food delicious! I especially liked the prices and having our own private room. Thanks again James!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Had an amazing birthday dinner with my husband, we enjoyed the food and drinks . They went out of the way to make it a special for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeMoLakJediDined on 11/9/2014We were in Spokane for the weekend as a family. The food was fantastic, as was the service. We noticed that the staff gave each of our kids (10, 7, 5 ys) a menu with age appropriate activities. This is a place I could see taking the family, a group of friends, or just my wife and have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with great serviceWin3Lov3rDined on 11/8/2014I met up with an old friend of mine from college and this place was perfect, we shared the shellfish dish and both got tasty salads. The wine list was great, the huckleberry wine was so good (and the chocolate bacon brownie was delish!!! Really eclectic place, you can dress up for a hot date or go in jeans and meet with friends/family. The dinner list was a little less than expected, kind of basic (salads, soup, fish, steak, etc.) but the service definitely made up for it. P.S. thanks for taking our picture at the end of the night! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic!BobbyVIPDined on 11/7/2014What wonderful reuse of a historic structure! Hard to believe that an old steam plant would make a nice restaurant, but the layout here is very special. There is a lively brew pub in the lower level and a multi-level restaurant on the main level. Walk around and find tables tucked into every imaginable area. And don't forget to look up the chimney! John was our friendly and energetic server. We loved the trout and the steelhead salmon. The only repeat on our plates was the steamed vegetable. Sauces on each fish were unique and luscious. Starches of cous-cous and wild rice were perfect accompaniments. The beer options are, of course, extensive. Desserts are worth saving room for. Truly a casual gem that you need to visit. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool ambianceJeffBDined on 11/5/2014I'm a Navy vet and a power generation guy. I love that this place incorporated the original steam plant into a cool restaurant. All of my guys talked about how cool it is that people who come in can see a piece of history and learn a little while enjoying great food and beer. The steelhead and cheese bread were awesome, and the Scottish ale was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good beer, fair foodcandidviewDined on 11/4/2014Selection of beers is good and service was excellent in the bar. Disappointed in the food as it was only fair, but the prices were world-class. The old menu was much better than the new. The bar almost made up for the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014the experience was perfect so much to see and explore after dinner was perfect and the dinner was perfect thank youSpecial Features:
- Chef can't cookFood4FunDined on 10/31/2014The lamb was 9/10 fat. It had been boiled, not broiled, barbecued, or fried. No searing, browning or carmelazation at all. My wife's Korean Ribs were so salty as to be inedible. It was my wife's birthday (of which they were very aware) and they didn't even offer, let alone present, the complimentary dessert. That was probably a blessing as we in all likelihood avoided further gastrointestinal insult. We grabbed a quick order of McDonald's fries just to get the taste out of our mouths. They were actually lower in sodium and were better cooked.
- Great, great findplateaumomDined on 10/25/2014Our family of four was pleasantly surprised to get reservations at Stacks. Every team member from the hostesses to our server, Joe, showed professionalism in greeting us. Every entrée brought to our table was delicious and my perfect Cosmopolitan was just that - perfect. Thank you, Stacks. We will most likely see you, again.Special Features:
- Not to missDaveDined on 10/21/2014This is a must see. It's close to downtown entertainment but just far enough off the beaten path that it's a find. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is full of fascinating things to see. It's an expertly done conversion of a early 20th century steam plant into a first class night spot. It should be on your short list of places to go in downtown Spokane.Special Features:
- Slow service, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had a party of 6 and it took the server 20 minutes to get us our drinks, service was pretty slow. Food was okay but we expected more. Think they need more servers on weekends.Special Features:
- Wow, a fun place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/29/2014We really enjoyed the atmosphere of this converted steam plant. It has a lot of ambiance and if you like history you need to check this place out. My wife loved her salmon pasta dish but I wasn't thrilled with the stuffed chipotle pork chop. The waiter said it was very popular but I think I should have ordered something else. I would definitely give it another try though.
- Group MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I made reservations for our group online and was happy to see the confirmation email. I checked with the hostess upon arrival and was happy to see the online reservation had been properly attended and that our group was to have a beautiful room "the board room" for our meeting. We had wonderful service while we conducted our event and everyone seemed very satisfied with food/drink.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful waitress. Atmosphere is nice and you get to learn some history of the area. The dinner pricing is too high for the size and quality of the dishes. We had a wonderful waitress.Special Features:
- outstanding service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Incredible atmosphere! Outstanding service from Danielle!! Great food! We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Improve the SteakKanBBettrDined on 9/18/2014I like the place and I'll be back, but the steak was stringy on the special. The folks who served and hosted were outstanding.Special Features:
- Early dinner before a concert.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We arrived early for our reservation so decided to spend that early time in the bar. Enjoyed the atmosphere there and the friendly bartender and waitresses impressed us. When it was time for our reservation, we slowly walked upstairs, enjoying the antiques and history of the building. Our waitress was attentive but not overbearing or pushy and we enjoyed a relaxing, delicious meal that was timed perfectly so we didn't have to wait between the salad and entrée. We were going to a concert after and the waitress was conscious of our time and brought our ticket timely. Was a very enjoyable time and we will definitely come back another time!Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014service & food was slow, inattentave waiter, who explained that we'd came at the end of a rush - not a great answer. restauraunt was about 1/2 fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic AppetizersStacksabovetherestDined on 9/17/2014Our first time there- drinks were great!! Happy Hour - wonderful! Appetizers not only very tasty but very generous portion size!! Service - very good!! Definitely a go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of AmbianceeatingenjoymentDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant is full of history! The interior has been re-purposed from an actual steam plant to a very trendy restaurant. After your meal, you might try taking a self-guided tour. For the main meal, we tried the Kurabi Pork Ribs and the Buffalo Meat Loaf. Both are highly recommended. The ribs were generous in quantity and had a balanced smokey/barbecue flavor. The surface of the ribs were crusty but not burnt. The Buffalo Meat Loaf was also generous in its portion and did not rely on salts to bring out a tender, savory well-rounded meaty flavor. Wine, main meal, tax and gratuities came to $63.00. You might also try leaving with a Growler from their Steam Plant Brewing Co.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changing MenuluvfoodDined on 9/14/2014We have been here many times in the past and it seems like our favorite dishes always end up getting deleted from the menu! The southwest nachos appetizer, the pork osso bucco and the pork belly were all great dishes that are no longer on the menu! Overall, the Steamplant is a nice restaurant, if not a little overpriced, but please bring back your best dishes!Special Features:
- Ambiance and qualityfamfunDined on 8/29/2014The historic location has been transformed into great dining and retail space - retaining charm, character and educational components. Fantastic environment and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLuvbirdsDined on 8/26/2014We spent a rare night out for our 14th anniversary. Our food was delicious and the space was beautiful...but above all of that the service was top notch. Caine was attentive, funny and spot on. We will be back.Special Features:
- Go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014A visit to Spokane without a visit to the Steam Plant would be a waste. A must go bar and restaurant.Special Features:
- AtmospheregramboDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding atmosphere with extraordinary food. Brought friends from out of state and we all said one of the finest dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceJunieDined on 8/15/2014This was a birthday dinner - hubby's always wanted to go here. Food was absolutely delicious. Service great and ambiance can't be matched.Special Features:
- Very Unique RestaurantAnywherefoodieDined on 8/11/2014You will never find another restaurant like this! It's amazing how this old steam plant built in the early 1900's has been refurbished. Never thought I'd be calling a steam plant gorgeous! The four of us all had different dinners and we were all very happy with our choice. I had the Smoked Salmon Pasta which was absolutely wonderful. They have a very well rounded menu to suit anybody. If you're in Spokane this is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stacks Came Through AgainKevinDined on 8/2/2014This occasion I brought my parents, my sister and her family visiting from out of town, and my family to Stacks. The food and beer were excellent. Our party of 8 had a semi-private table without requesting it. My sister was very impressed by the awesome ambiance and facility. I always make sure my visiting guests get to experience Stacks.Special Features:
- Steam PlantJames41Dined on 8/2/2014Pub happy hour is great with good appetizers and well drinks or wine. Since we hadn't eaten up stairs at Stack for years I thought it would be great for my wife's birthday. The waiter meant well but was inexperienced. I ordered scallops. Three I believe stacked on barley and quinoa cakes. The seasoning was good, but the cakes were dry and hard. At $24 it would have been over prices if it was good, but I only ate one and part of another. I told the server and he agreed, but nothing was ever done. My wife ordered fish and chips and she is has a good appetite but left most of it on the plate. A less than standard fast food meal. My daughter's Steelhead was probably the only passable meal and I sampled it
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The location is excellent and the history behind the building is interesting. Very unique atmosphere and a fun venue for groups. There are quiet areas for groups and an interesting bar downstairs. I wish there would have been more written up and displayed about the steam plant. Appetizers were really good. 8 of us ordered something different for dinner and I would say the response was surprisingly poor. For example. I ordered the ribs and shared with a friend. Neither of us liked the mustard sauce. I must not have read the detail on the dish close enough. A waiter was great. I didn't say anything but he offered a credit. If they make the most of the history of the building and take the food up a notch or two it will be great.Special Features:
- The following 101 reviews are from the Stacks at Steam Plant reviews archive.
- DISAPPOINTEDPatsyDined on 7/23/2014I was very excited to bring my team to your restaurant. I thought it was unique & the menu appeared to have a great choice. The experience was not anything as anticipated. Service was lacking. The most disappointing was that the food was at most warm- Seemed to have been previously frozen - over-cooked. It was a special thank you for my leaders and ending in folks from Eastern WA. walking away with never returning again. The building was unique and beautiful- food overpriced and horrible. My choice was either Anthony's on the water or your establishment. One of my guest stated that when they arrived in Spokane they had the best little burger at "Dicks". A 2.00 quick snack beat out your restaurant. Sad..........
- Hoopfest weekendhoopfestweekendDined on 6/28/2014food was "OK" ... In Spokane for the prices this placed charged.... food should have been much better!Special Features:
- Great Servicezhr10VIPDined on 6/12/2014Food very Salty. Bret was good. Meats way over cooked.
- freezerDined on 5/30/2014We had a very enjoyable time both in the bar and the restaurant, The staff were excellent, fun and helpful!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Have eaten at Stacks before and enjoyed the food and service. This time; not so much. Roasted vegetables were soggy. Chicken bland. Wanted a port after dinner; did not have any. Ordered desert and coffee to replace the port - Coffee was lukewarm and the it took over 10 minutes to bring desert, by that time we had to leave as we had run out of time. Very small by the glass wine selection
- Awesome food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Food was delicious and beer menu was fantastic!! Had a great time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 5/22/2014Food was alright. Service was slow at times. Awesome set up and neat place to go to but the food isn't spectacular.