St. Paul Grill and Bar
350 Market Street
St. Paul, MN 55102Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
St. Paul Grill and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stpaulgrill.com/
- Phone: 6512247455x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located downtown St. Paul overlooking Rice Park and stunning English Gardens, The St. Paul Grill offers excellent group dining during Lunch, Sunday Brunch and Dinner and will accommodate groups in a variety of layouts, sizes and times. We feature the finest selections of scotches, whiskey and bourbons, and critically acclaimed wine list. Our group dining spaces are the perfect setting for social gatherings as well as corporate events and will customize a group dining menu to fit your event and price point, ensuring the experience is one-of-a-kind.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Manager 8776258882
- Entertainment: The St. Paul Grill will occasionally open at 5:00 for downtown events such as Minnesota Wild Hockey or Ordway Theater.
A word from St. Paul Grill and Bar
So Classic They Named a City After It. Business or romance, lunch or dinner, casual or upscale, The St. Paul Grill is many things to many people. This Saint Paul icon features a classic, yet surprisingly diverse menu ranging from prime steaks and thick-cut chops, to succulent poultry and fresh seafood. The Grill is known for its classic bar offering the Twin Cities' finest selection of rare spirits and wines, served by friendly and experienced bartenders who know how to mix the perfect cocktail. From the incredible food, generous cocktails and outstanding wines, to the impeccable service and unrivaled location overlooking Rice Park and near the Ordway Theater and Xcel Energy Center, The St. Paul Grill has a reputation that spans generations. It's the kind of place that has regulars, and makes new ones all the time. Read the reviews, or better yet, ask anyone who has spent time in the Twin Cities and you'll find The St. Paul Grill is "A Favorite on Everyone's List."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
St. Paul Grill and Bar - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
St. Paul Grill and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (70)fit for foodies (66)great for lunch (62)notable wine list (57)good for groups (49)scenic view (46)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (31)great for brunch (29)hot spot (15)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect!PastryDamselDined on 9/27/2014We chose the St Paul Bar&Grill to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary because we got married at the Landmark Center, and spent our honeymoon at the St Paul hotel. Our evening was absolutely perfect. We were seated at a window table, with the most stunning view of the courtyard and the Landmark Center. My husband had the crabcakes, and I opted for the chicken rigatoni, both dishes were cooked to perfection and positively delicious. We highly recommend their New York cheesecake for dessert. The noise coming from the kitchen was a little bit distracting, but after a while I didn't notice it anymore. Our server was very nice, and even though it was a busy Saturday night we didn't feel neglected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loud.BobgDined on 9/27/2014The bread and the soup were tasty, but it went downhill from there. The tuna was bland, the steak was way underdone, and the hash browns were just okay. Regardless, it was louder than most sports bars. It certainly wasn't what we had in mind for the amount of money we spent.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!LynnDDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful food and exceptional sevice; a great option for a specil occassion!Special Features:
- St Paul Grill in SeptemberTsvecDined on 9/25/2014We had a lovely dinner prior to attending the opera at the Ordway last Thursday. The service was prompt and courteous and the food was excellent. Best Cosmo in the Twin Cities! Thank you for getting our evening off to a great start.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMnRivermanDined on 9/23/2014Excellent food with prices to match, however the service left something to be desired. The server was inattentive and we felt we were a bother to her. We were never asked if we wanted our drinks refilled, did not receive a bread/roll basket and generally poor service. We expected better from a high end restaurant and it had been much better in the past.Special Features:
- OutstandinggreatplaceDined on 9/21/2014The St. Paul Grill has always been outstanding in food quality, service and atmosphere. I took our daughter to the St. Paul Grill while my wife was in New York City. Even though she was in NYC, she was extremely envious to know we were enjoying a fabulous meal without her!! I would recommend the St. Paul Grill to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just delicious!CSK215Dined on 9/21/2014The food was remarkable, the service impeccable and the ambiance delightful. A group of us went for Sunday brunch and had a lovely time. The Bloody Mary is awesome. We each had a different entree and all of us were members of the Clean Plate Club. I was pleasantly surprised that fresh, warm, gooey cinnamon buns were complimentary as a 'starter'. Will certainly return for another brunch!Special Features:
- As AlwayswheretonextDined on 9/19/2014We've been going to the grill for years and EVERY time it's fantastic! From the staff who are meticulous yet warm and inviting to the food that is simply perfect, we love our time there. On this visit, I had the beef tenderloin and it was absolutely ridiculous good! There aren't many in life, but the St Paul Grill is a guarantee!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014Everything was great except the noise level..deafening and hard to hear across the small table even though my hearing is perfect. I can't be the only one who has complained.I would recommend this to a friend.
- monskiDined on 9/16/2014A very classy restaurant with a good menu selection and great service. A nice spot for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St Paul legendMarkSobotkaDined on 9/12/2014Table was by the windows affording a sunset view of the flower gardens and Rice Park, really added to the elegant atmosphere of the legendary St Paul Grill. We were greeted promptly on arrival and the hosted seated us at our table. One of the persons in the party was recovering from a recent injury was only able to walk slowly. This hostess adjusted her pace to the party which was a nice touch. The waiter quickly brought water, tolds us about the even specials and asked about drink orders. The pace for the evening was perfect. We loved the bacon blue cheese tomato soup. We almost wished we'd ordered a bowl as our main course. The steaks were cooked as ordered, were juicey and tender. The pork chop was huge. A great evening.Special Features:
- 20TH ANNIVERSARYwine2dine4Dined on 9/10/2014Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was slightly energized. The Concierge allowed me to have a bouquet of flowers placed on the table ahead of time so I could surprise my wife. Overall a wonderful dining experience, I will certainly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom "30th" BDayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/7/2014What a fantastic meal. We have dined here many times in the past and I can say without a doubt, it is the best food and service consistently time after time. It is expensive, but to celebrate a special occasion, you will never be disappointed!Special Features:
- Solid SteakhouseChristinaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good food, great ambiance, etc. This restaurant delivers a typical upscale steakhouse experience. Nothing exceptional. I seem to remember it being better than this in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerDatenight14Dined on 9/5/2014The staff at The St Paul Grill was excellent. They have us a great table, our server was very knowledgable and gave great recommendations. Our dessert came out with a candle and happy anniversary written on a piece of chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KampyDined on 9/3/2014Wow! There is not much else to say! The food was excellent, the service was beyond compare and it provided was with a very romantic evening! It was a wonderful way to spend ones 48th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Anniversaryworthy dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent calamari - very tender and not too much breading. The Wild Rice soup is too thick for my taste, but my husband was pleased. Halibut was especially moist and flavorful.Special Features:
- YUMTeddyandmeDined on 8/30/2014We have celebrated special occasions here for 23 years. This time it was our 44th anniversary. Everything was perfect: The wine, the beer, the dinner was exceptional, and the dessert was wonderful. The service was exceptional as well. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Experience couldn't have been more memorable. Celebrating a special occasion and the Saint Paul Grill went above and beyond in making it a special event. They helped guide me to an appropriate florist for flowers for the table, the hostess Diane was warm and welcoming, our server Ryan seemed to take extra care. Our large table was off to the side out of the "rush" of the restaurant. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- About our waitressCharlieCVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waitress was fabulous!! The service was superb and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service - so so. Food - ExcellentdejadaDined on 8/24/2014Food was excellent, very flavorful. Given their prices, we expected a higher level of service. For example, water was not refilled promptly, unused place settings were left on the table, server appeared to be "missing" from time to time. (It was not busy in the dining room.)Special Features:
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Everything was perfect again. I can not say enough good things about this restaurant. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday diner.BeefeaterDined on 8/19/2014We went for my wife's birthday. All of our food was amazing. Best steak I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night became a waste of $$$MsKaliDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten here in the past before shows at the Ordway. However the last time the only things good were the Riesling, French onion soup, and Caesar salad. The exterior of the ribeye and the fillet were burnt. The waitress asked how they were when they were delivered, but I never saw the waitress again. I wasn't able to send the steaks back, order another bottle of wine or anything else. Our dinner dishes were cleared and we had to wait 15 minutes before our waitress handed us desert menus and disappeared again, at that point we barely had time for a coffee. We ordered coffee with the check please. NO CHECK. I had to ask the busboy for our check. I will have to seriously consider whether or not to visit again.Special Features:
- Not the Grill's best effort.PhilDined on 8/17/2014We have been to the St. Paul Grill many times and have always enjoyed it. Sunday night the 17th was not the Grill's best effort. It could have been our fault we ordered seafood. My wife had the seafood linguine and I had the trout. I asked my wife if the linguine was as good as I make, she said maybe. We took most of it home and are throwing it out today. For the Trout, yes I can do better. Why didn't we say anything, it was my wife's birthday and we just wanted to have fun. Again we like the grill, I am sure they just had a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to return our steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We ordered a medium-cooked filet and it came well done. No offer of compensation other than...can we reheat your vegetables...when they brought us a new steak 7 minutes later. Our favorite steak house would have done something other than bring us a new steak.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceKathleenVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the Escargot, Crab Cake, Halibut, and Walleye! Absolutely delicious! Topped with a really good Chocolate Martini! Service was very good! A lovely evening!
- BectomDined on 8/14/2014We had a fabulous time. Wild mushroom soup was simply amazing. Can't believe I'm reviewing the soup. It was that good. Side of hashbrowns would feed four or six people. Wish I had known! Great experience.Special Features:
- Before the OrdwayEatingOutFunDined on 8/13/2014Had a wonderful dinner before the Ordway. To keep things "light" for sitting at a play, I ordered the crab cake appetizer. So full of meat only. Just love it. My husband's steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 8/13/2014perfect lunch.perfect.service was great.very friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- anniversary datehalftalon22Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I got engaged at the grill and like to celebrate our anniversaries there. hotel staff are always fantastic and the grill staff are great as well. we sat near a semi rowdy bachelor party but theres nothing the grill can do about that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014The St. Paul Grill is one of St. Paul's finest restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExpereinceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Very good and highly recommended. very attentive service and good valueSpecial Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014The time between food order and delivery was almost 1 hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Paul GrillMosiemoonflawDined on 7/28/2014I took a friend here one summer evening for her birthday. The wait service was fine. We each ordered a large dinner salad as a main course. The salads were soggy and flavorless. Her's was vegetarion and mine was the charred salmon. The salmon was not charred but maybe baked and dry. The waitress brought a chocolate cake with some whipped cream & raspberries as a free dessert for my friend. The cake was also hard & dry. Including drinks, tax, & a generous tip the bill was $125.00. Dinner at a local sandwich shop would have been much tastier & cheaper.Special Features:
- FantasticHavenDined on 7/26/2014Great food. Friendly staff. We will definitely be going again. This wS not our first time eating there. But, every time we do go it always seems to get better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday at your restaurant this past Friday evening. Several couples were seated at the same time as us and were waited on much faster than us, served drinks and food quicker than us as well. It seemed that our waitress would just forget about us at times and it didn't appear that she had that many other tables to wait on. Maybe she was just having a bad night. Other than slow service, everything else about our evening was very good. We will continue to visit your restarurant. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Dinner & brunch terrific! Dinner service perfect. Food was unexpectedly fine. Huge disappointment was no sticky buns at brunch! To make matters worse, the couple at the next table was loving theirs! How could they run out by 1 PM w/ many tables thereafter? Poor planning led to this disappointed diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationsmrcycleDined on 7/20/2014The occassion of visiting the St. Paul Grill was my mother's 92nd birthday. It was a brunch celebration and the food was outstanding, however, what was most memorable was how incrediably professional and courteous the entire staff was, from the doorman, to the hostess to our waiter. They were just amazing and everyone has a great time. Highly recommend and will definately head back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceWayneDined on 7/16/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by a local. I made the reservation so that my wife and I could celebrate being together for 15 years. The menu had a great selection and everything on it sounded so-o-o-o good. The meals we selected were excellent. Afterwards, the selection of dessert was almost as difficult. I didn't think that we would be able to eat the entire portion, but we managed. The wine list was extensive. The service was very attentive. Our waiter answered all our questions and made some fine recommendations. The entire staff we met were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.