St. Paul Grill and Bar
350 Market Street
St. Paul, MN 55102Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
St. Paul Grill and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stpaulgrill.com/
- Phone: (651) 224-7455
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located downtown St. Paul overlooking Rice Park and stunning English Gardens, The St. Paul Grill offers excellent group dining during Lunch, Sunday Brunch and Dinner and will accommodate groups in a variety of layouts, sizes and times. We feature the finest selections of scotches, whiskey and bourbons, and critically acclaimed wine list. Our group dining spaces are the perfect setting for social gatherings as well as corporate events and will customize a group dining menu to fit your event and price point, ensuring the experience is one-of-a-kind.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Manager 8776258882
- Entertainment: The St. Paul Grill will occasionally open at 5:00 for downtown events such as Minnesota Wild Hockey or Ordway Theater.
A word from St. Paul Grill and Bar
So Classic They Named a City After It. Business or romance, lunch or dinner, casual or upscale, The St. Paul Grill is many things to many people. This Saint Paul icon features a classic, yet surprisingly diverse menu ranging from prime steaks and thick-cut chops, to succulent poultry and fresh seafood. The Grill is known for its classic bar offering the Twin Cities' finest selection of rare spirits and wines, served by friendly and experienced bartenders who know how to mix the perfect cocktail. From the incredible food, generous cocktails and outstanding wines, to the impeccable service and unrivaled location overlooking Rice Park and near the Ordway Theater and Xcel Energy Center, The St. Paul Grill has a reputation that spans generations. It's the kind of place that has regulars, and makes new ones all the time. Read the reviews, or better yet, ask anyone who has spent time in the Twin Cities and you'll find The St. Paul Grill is "A Favorite on Everyone's List."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
St. Paul Grill and Bar - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
St. Paul Grill and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (163)romantic (92)fit for foodies (87)great for lunch (73)scenic view (69)notable wine list (66)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (41)great for brunch (35)hot spot (26)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful from start to finish!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/24/2014Another great evening at The St. Paul Grill! Food was outstanding as usual and service was spot on. We were looking forward to a leisurely evening of food and drink and St. Paul Grill delivered (our table overlooking the lights of the park didn't hurt either!). We enjoy visiting during the week when the restaurant is quieter - we find it gets a bit loud on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Unfortunate assignment in waiterposchkDined on 11/22/2014Excellent food in a fun location. My only complaint is that our waiter did not meet my expectations for someone working at this caliber of a restaurant. The restaurant was busy and it showed in the execution of his job. He did not take the time to truly extend us the benefit of his knowledge and service. It felt a little more like the service you would receive at a mid-level family resturant; handed us menus and a few minutes later came back and asked to take our order, no explanation of the menu and when we asked questions very brisk answers. We will go back and try again because honestly I can't say enough about the food - it truly was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great ServiceEaganResidentDined on 11/22/2014Our waiter was fantastic! He was polite, knowledgeable, readily available, and genuine. I would be willing to say that he was the best server I have ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When St a Paul has moved beyond The St Paul HotelOscarDined on 11/21/2014For am early relaxing dinner, you might want to check other options. The noise level from the bar was loud at 5:30. Our service felt rushed. The menu needs updating.Special Features:
- TraxDined on 11/18/2014The food was excellent along with the atmosphere and service was equally as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've had!LindyDined on 11/15/2014The blackened steak was awesome! I've been to all the top steak places in the metro and this one is tops! Hashbrowns were awesome too! Had our wedding dinner there and go back every year for our anniversary. I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT'S TOO NOISY IN HERE!!!!!MNMOMDined on 11/15/2014The service was excellent, the food was delicious but we couldn't enjoy our dinner/birthday celebration because it was so noisy that we couldn't hear each other speak. We won't be back.
- PRE-CONCERT SUPPERRogerDined on 11/11/2014I BROUGHT MY SISTER AND HER HUSBAND FOR SUPPER BEFORE A CONCERT AT THE ORDWAY, TO CELEBRATE THEIR RECENT ANNIVERSARY. WE HAD IMMEDIATE SEATING IN A COMFORTABLY-LOCATED BOOTH, WE HAD A GREAT SERVER, AND WE EACH HAD AN EXCELLENT MEAL. IT IS ALWAYS A GREAT TREAT TO EAT HERE.Special Features:
- Fantastic!SatisfiedDined on 11/11/2014My first visit was for a co-worker's anniversary with the company. Food was delicious (including dessert, of course) and the waitstaff was very nice. They were accommodating when I called to add more people to our reservation as well. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appealing but lukewarmFoodieDined on 11/9/2014Our brunch presentation was very appealing. However, when we tasted the food it was lukewarm. It took the edge off of what could have been an excellent breakfast. The service from the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceanniversary34Dined on 11/8/2014This was our first time at St.Paul Grill, we would recommend this as it is very classy with a great menu. Staff is very professional and knowledgeable about what is on the menu. They're a bit pricey but the atmosphere is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentarchtypeVIPDined on 11/7/2014great food and ambiance - good for business, pleasure or celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice option in St PaulGoldenputrDined on 11/4/2014If you are looking for a nice dinner in St Paul the St Paul Grill is a great option. Our server was not quite as attentive as you would expect at a restaurant of this level.
- Efficient ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014The service was excellent. The hostess was attentive and the wait staff was very customer focused. My guest didn't care for her steak and the server had the chef prepare another one, no questions asked, plus did not charge for a dessert that was ordered due to the inconvenience.Special Features:
- Off the mark this timeNancyetcVIPDined on 11/2/2014We hadn't been to the St Paul Grill in a year or so. Don't know if Sunday night is their new standard, but two out of four of the main courses were not good. My swordfish was fishy and tough. I had it sent back and it wasn't much better the second time. Another guest had lobster and said it had absolutely no flavor. The server did not offer to re-do that dish. No adjustment to the bill either.Special Features:
- Love the St Paul GrillTerryMDined on 11/2/2014The St Paul Hotel is one of my favorite hotels, and the St Paul Grill is a wonderful part of that. The food was fabulous. I had the haddock, which was outstanding and my dinner companion had the beef tenderloin, also excellent. Our crab cake appetizer was delicious. Lots of great wine choices by the glass, half bottle, or bottle. A little noisy, but it was very busy when we were there. It was a perfect lead in for the James Taylor concert at the nearby Xcel Energy Center. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Frequent dinerfoodexpertDined on 11/2/2014We always enjoy St Paul Grill. The food is always good and the ambience is special. The closeness to the Ordway is also a selling point. We plan to come before the opera as long as we can.Special Features:
- Great for special events.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014If you stay over night at the saint paul hotel you have to try the grill. It goes hand and hand with the experiance. (The sizzling bacon is one giant piece of bacon not what I expected)Special Features:
- Health Conscious GuestFussyVIPDined on 10/30/2014St. Paul Grill is a wonderful place for any meal. It is well located, the dining room is old world attractive, the service is impeccable, and best of all it is exceptionally well managed. The wine list is extensive and well chosen, and the food as expected in any good hotel restaurant has something for most tastes. What is lacking is the attention of kitchen staff to what is requested by the guests. In a recent visit I asked for no butter or any oil other than a small amount of olive oil on my grilled fish. It came back with a chunk of fresh butter on the fish and on the accompanying vegetables!! Why does the kitchen ignore a simple request?!Special Features:
- A favoriteCiscokidDined on 10/26/2014Rarely disappoints and this time was no exception.Special Features:
- Great food, great service35thanvDined on 10/25/2014The service was outstanding. We were very satisfied with the food. It was, however, to loud for normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and great foodDale1Dined on 10/25/2014I had the pork chops and my wife had the shrimp avocado salad. Both were very good. The presentation of the shrimp avocado was surprising and fun. Get a window seat so you can see the lights of Rice Park and the Ordway. Our waitress was attentive, professional and engaging which went a long way to making our evening a very nice night out. I recommend the St Paul Grille highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was worth the poor serviceJackieDDined on 10/24/2014From check-in (they sat someone else under our reservation) to our first drink order (took 5 minutes to even be greeted) to being discouraged from ordering more cocktails (don't take the cocktail menu away!) to the drink order being wrong (don't ask me if I want my drink straight up if you're going to bring it on the rocks anyway) to being ignored when we wanted to place our dinner order, the service was less than impressive. And they made up the seating fiasco to us by seating us at a "better" table and then constantly reminding us that we were "upgraded"--it was a more private booth instead of a table in the open. However...the food was divine. Cajun beef bites, mac & cheese, walleye, and scallops were all excellent choices.Special Features:
- Great place for a special dinnerRubarbDined on 10/21/2014We needed a special place for dinner -- and the St. Paul Hotel Grill did not disappoint. The swordfish dish my friend and I both had was delicious and unique. Dessert was similarly great.Special Features:
- Froggy27Dined on 10/20/2014We met friends for dinner and had a fantastic time. Will definitely come back. The food was really great and so was the wait staff. From the time I gave my key to the valet and it was returned the evening was perfect. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great food as usualSatisfiedDined on 10/19/2014Food was great, but service was exceptionally good. Quick, correct and potions were huge.Special Features:
- 8885Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent service friendly & caring staff! The cheesey hash browns were wonderful-Loved your mimosa's and we felt special & pampered.Our table was asked twice by other than our server how everything was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticAlexDined on 10/12/2014We came for our two year anniversary. Romantic setting and delicious food. A great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and waitress were fantasticMcHermansonDined on 10/12/2014We went to The Saint Paul Grill for our two year wedding anniversary. Our waitress was wonderful, the host staff were both kind and helpful and our meal was delectable! We had sirloin, crab cakes, bacon mac & cheese, molten lava cake, and apple crisp. The food, waitress, and atmosphere were very nice and made for a lovely two year anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting moreMmssDined on 10/11/2014We were disappointed while recently dining at the venerable Grill. Service was slow. It was over an hour before we received our appetizers. We received two entrees that we didn't order and had to send them back. My husband's filet mignon was completely dry. They were kind enough to comp that item. Our server was not very attentive and did not check back until long after we received our entrees. By the time our desserts arrived, we had been there almost 3 hours. A bit long, even for such a lovely place such as this. We've dined here before and had much better service in the past.Special Features:
- upscale hotel dining roomnonamesformeVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed a very good dinner at the St. Paul Grill, with generous portions, good high standard American menu options and reasonably attentive service. The specialty cocktail was extremely good and $15. The crab cakes were a very generous serving. The soup special was well above average. The steak and asparagus salad was really large, the meat was perfect and the flavors were good. Two of us shared the mixed berry dessert--it wasn't huge, but it was big enough to share for a sweet taste. The room is quite loud--or "energetic"--as they say. Servers are responsive to whether you need to meet a start time for a game or show, and otherwise, let you linger with no pressure.Special Features:
- lunch at the St. Paul GrillcatloverDined on 10/10/2014AFter every Friday morning chamber concert, we head over to the hotel for a lovely lunch. The food is always great, the service always outstanding, and the ambiance is elegant. It's always a wonderful place to have lunch after a great musical experience.Special Features:
- Simply amazingAnniversaryDinerDined on 10/8/2014Fantastic food and location for special moments. My wife and I chose the St. Paul Grill for dinner on our 20th anniversary. It is a very impressive dining experience from the first class staff to the beautiful hardwood. Highly recommended if you have the means to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Food was great, service could have been a little faster. Seemed like our server had too many tables.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I had reservations at the St. Paul Grill for our anniversary. We have been there several times and had never been disappointed. After being seated, we waited 15 minutes before our server stopped by. She indicated she was busy with two other larger tables (sorry, but not my problem). Very long story short, the 2 tables next to us (attended to by a different server) seated after us, were long gone by the time our food arrived. Interestingly, the 2 managers who pace around the restaurant never bothered to stop by our table. Perhaps after sitting there for 2 hours, they were not interested in our feedback. We will be dining elsewhere for our next anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014St Paul Grill is our anniversary restaurant. Enjoy the window view of the garden. Salmon is great. They surprised us with a anniversary dessert!Special Features:
- PRE-CONCERT DINNERRogerDined on 9/30/2014I brought a friend to join me for dinner before a concert at The Ordway. We were seated promptly, we ordered drinks, and our server was very helpful as she responded to our few questions about the menu. Our food was as wonderful as always, which is why I always enjoy coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!PastryDamselDined on 9/27/2014We chose the St Paul Bar&Grill to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary because we got married at the Landmark Center, and spent our honeymoon at the St Paul hotel. Our evening was absolutely perfect. We were seated at a window table, with the most stunning view of the courtyard and the Landmark Center. My husband had the crabcakes, and I opted for the chicken rigatoni, both dishes were cooked to perfection and positively delicious. We highly recommend their New York cheesecake for dessert. The noise coming from the kitchen was a little bit distracting, but after a while I didn't notice it anymore. Our server was very nice, and even though it was a busy Saturday night we didn't feel neglected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loud.BobgDined on 9/27/2014The bread and the soup were tasty, but it went downhill from there. The tuna was bland, the steak was way underdone, and the hash browns were just okay. Regardless, it was louder than most sports bars. It certainly wasn't what we had in mind for the amount of money we spent.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!LynnDDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful food and exceptional sevice; a great option for a specil occassion!Special Features: