St. Paul Grill and Bar
350 Market Street
St. Paul, MN 55102Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
St. Paul Grill and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stpaulgrill.com/
- Phone: 6512247455x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located downtown St. Paul overlooking Rice Park and stunning English Gardens, The St. Paul Grill offers excellent group dining during Lunch, Sunday Brunch and Dinner and will accommodate groups in a variety of layouts, sizes and times. We feature the finest selections of scotches, whiskey and bourbons, and critically acclaimed wine list. Our group dining spaces are the perfect setting for social gatherings as well as corporate events and will customize a group dining menu to fit your event and price point, ensuring the experience is one-of-a-kind.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Manager 8776258882
- Entertainment: The St. Paul Grill will occasionally open at 5:00 for downtown events such as Minnesota Wild Hockey or Ordway Theater.
A word from St. Paul Grill and Bar
So Classic They Named a City After It. Business or romance, lunch or dinner, casual or upscale, The St. Paul Grill is many things to many people. This Saint Paul icon features a classic, yet surprisingly diverse menu ranging from prime steaks and thick-cut chops, to succulent poultry and fresh seafood. The Grill is known for its classic bar offering the Twin Cities' finest selection of rare spirits and wines, served by friendly and experienced bartenders who know how to mix the perfect cocktail. From the incredible food, generous cocktails and outstanding wines, to the impeccable service and unrivaled location overlooking Rice Park and near the Ordway Theater and Xcel Energy Center, The St. Paul Grill has a reputation that spans generations. It's the kind of place that has regulars, and makes new ones all the time. Read the reviews, or better yet, ask anyone who has spent time in the Twin Cities and you'll find The St. Paul Grill is "A Favorite on Everyone's List."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
St. Paul Grill and Bar - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
St. Paul Grill and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)romantic (80)fit for foodies (71)great for lunch (63)notable wine list (61)good for groups (56)scenic view (50)great for brunch (39)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Anniversaryworthy dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent calamari - very tender and not too much breading. The Wild Rice soup is too thick for my taste, but my husband was pleased. Halibut was especially moist and flavorful.Special Features:
- YUMTeddyandmeDined on 8/30/2014We have celebrated special occasions here for 23 years. This time it was our 44th anniversary. Everything was perfect: The wine, the beer, the dinner was exceptional, and the dessert was wonderful. The service was exceptional as well. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Experience couldn't have been more memorable. Celebrating a special occasion and the Saint Paul Grill went above and beyond in making it a special event. They helped guide me to an appropriate florist for flowers for the table, the hostess Diane was warm and welcoming, our server Ryan seemed to take extra care. Our large table was off to the side out of the "rush" of the restaurant. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- About our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waitress was fabulous!! The service was superb and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service - so so. Food - ExcellentdejadaDined on 8/24/2014Food was excellent, very flavorful. Given their prices, we expected a higher level of service. For example, water was not refilled promptly, unused place settings were left on the table, server appeared to be "missing" from time to time. (It was not busy in the dining room.)Special Features:
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Everything was perfect again. I can not say enough good things about this restaurant. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday diner.BeefeaterDined on 8/19/2014We went for my wife's birthday. All of our food was amazing. Best steak I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night became a waste of $$$MsKaliDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten here in the past before shows at the Ordway. However the last time the only things good were the Riesling, French onion soup, and Caesar salad. The exterior of the ribeye and the fillet were burnt. The waitress asked how they were when they were delivered, but I never saw the waitress again. I wasn't able to send the steaks back, order another bottle of wine or anything else. Our dinner dishes were cleared and we had to wait 15 minutes before our waitress handed us desert menus and disappeared again, at that point we barely had time for a coffee. We ordered coffee with the check please. NO CHECK. I had to ask the busboy for our check. I will have to seriously consider whether or not to visit again.Special Features:
- Not the Grill's best effort.PhilDined on 8/17/2014We have been to the St. Paul Grill many times and have always enjoyed it. Sunday night the 17th was not the Grill's best effort. It could have been our fault we ordered seafood. My wife had the seafood linguine and I had the trout. I asked my wife if the linguine was as good as I make, she said maybe. We took most of it home and are throwing it out today. For the Trout, yes I can do better. Why didn't we say anything, it was my wife's birthday and we just wanted to have fun. Again we like the grill, I am sure they just had a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to return our steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We ordered a medium-cooked filet and it came well done. No offer of compensation other than...can we reheat your vegetables...when they brought us a new steak 7 minutes later. Our favorite steak house would have done something other than bring us a new steak.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceKathleenVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the Escargot, Crab Cake, Halibut, and Walleye! Absolutely delicious! Topped with a really good Chocolate Martini! Service was very good! A lovely evening!
- BectomDined on 8/14/2014We had a fabulous time. Wild mushroom soup was simply amazing. Can't believe I'm reviewing the soup. It was that good. Side of hashbrowns would feed four or six people. Wish I had known! Great experience.Special Features:
- Before the OrdwayEatingOutFunDined on 8/13/2014Had a wonderful dinner before the Ordway. To keep things "light" for sitting at a play, I ordered the crab cake appetizer. So full of meat only. Just love it. My husband's steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 8/13/2014perfect lunch.perfect.service was great.very friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- anniversary datehalftalon22Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I got engaged at the grill and like to celebrate our anniversaries there. hotel staff are always fantastic and the grill staff are great as well. we sat near a semi rowdy bachelor party but theres nothing the grill can do about that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014The St. Paul Grill is one of St. Paul's finest restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExpereinceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Very good and highly recommended. very attentive service and good valueSpecial Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014The time between food order and delivery was almost 1 hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Paul GrillMosiemoonflawDined on 7/28/2014I took a friend here one summer evening for her birthday. The wait service was fine. We each ordered a large dinner salad as a main course. The salads were soggy and flavorless. Her's was vegetarion and mine was the charred salmon. The salmon was not charred but maybe baked and dry. The waitress brought a chocolate cake with some whipped cream & raspberries as a free dessert for my friend. The cake was also hard & dry. Including drinks, tax, & a generous tip the bill was $125.00. Dinner at a local sandwich shop would have been much tastier & cheaper.Special Features:
- FantasticHavenDined on 7/26/2014Great food. Friendly staff. We will definitely be going again. This wS not our first time eating there. But, every time we do go it always seems to get better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday at your restaurant this past Friday evening. Several couples were seated at the same time as us and were waited on much faster than us, served drinks and food quicker than us as well. It seemed that our waitress would just forget about us at times and it didn't appear that she had that many other tables to wait on. Maybe she was just having a bad night. Other than slow service, everything else about our evening was very good. We will continue to visit your restarurant. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Dinner & brunch terrific! Dinner service perfect. Food was unexpectedly fine. Huge disappointment was no sticky buns at brunch! To make matters worse, the couple at the next table was loving theirs! How could they run out by 1 PM w/ many tables thereafter? Poor planning led to this disappointed diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationsmrcycleDined on 7/20/2014The occassion of visiting the St. Paul Grill was my mother's 92nd birthday. It was a brunch celebration and the food was outstanding, however, what was most memorable was how incrediably professional and courteous the entire staff was, from the doorman, to the hostess to our waiter. They were just amazing and everyone has a great time. Highly recommend and will definately head back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceWayneDined on 7/16/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by a local. I made the reservation so that my wife and I could celebrate being together for 15 years. The menu had a great selection and everything on it sounded so-o-o-o good. The meals we selected were excellent. Afterwards, the selection of dessert was almost as difficult. I didn't think that we would be able to eat the entire portion, but we managed. The wine list was extensive. The service was very attentive. Our waiter answered all our questions and made some fine recommendations. The entire staff we met were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perky1929Dined on 7/16/2014Perfect lunch portions - superb menu - gracious serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dddddVIPDined on 7/15/2014Highly recommend a late night dinner at the bar. Wonderful service, & the wedge salad & chicken pot pie were delicious!Special Features:
- Great Group EnvironmentArtshowVIPDined on 7/15/2014Great job with the food and service for a recent business group dinner I held at The Grill. Thank you to the team for being so helpful in planning and accommodating. Can't beat the view of Rice Park either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to billingPaulOVIPDined on 7/15/2014I was in St Paul for work and asked a friend from there where I should take a client for dinner and I was told of one place- St Paul Grill and Bar and it exceeded expectations. From the atmosphere, clubby, warm, inviting to our waiter who was knowledgable, funny and attentive. I ordered a steak, yes being from Chicago, and it was absolutely delicious. Only part of meal that I was not that happy about was dessert, I had key lime pie and it tasted spoiled and the waiter apologized and took it off our bill so they did the right thing. Huge thumbs up.Special Features:
- SpeechlessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Amazing food! Wonderfull Staff! the new york strip will melt in your mouth!!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Twin CitiesgammaetaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Never disappointing with quality of service and food. Consistently highest quality and the standardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary experienceAgedBeefEaterDined on 7/10/2014We were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary, as well as my wife's 76th birthday, and it was great. The food and service were outstanding. I'm somewhat handicapped, and everybody went out of their way to accommodate my needs. We were all more than satisfied with our choice of the St. Paul Grill for our celebration. Thank you all.Special Features:
- Excellentmcc123Dined on 7/9/2014I was there with a friend, and her birthday was immediately acknowledged by the wait staff!! The food and service was excellent'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- norms partyNormDined on 7/7/2014Jamey ! xoxo *Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!foodloverDined on 7/3/2014We have been regulars here for 16 years....including bringing our kids from the time they were infants thru teenagers. The staff is amazing as is the food. We look forward to dinner here on each visit!Special Features:
- Excellent food & attentive serviceShelbyrichVIPDined on 6/27/2014St. Paul Grill is consistently an excellent place for lunch. Service is attentive without hovering. Although not everyone's favorite, I love their calf liver, onions, and bacon lunch. Fork tender and flavorful!Special Features:
- Not worth the price.TrelligDined on 6/26/2014Food preparation could have been better. Trout was somewhat dry and needed a sauce. French fry portion size was excessive. Meal was expensive, especially the wine list. However, service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Great spot to take three priests for a late lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2014GREAT food, great service and we got a wonderful booth with a viewSpecial Features:
- Great Lunch ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014Everything with the reservation and level of service at the restaurant was great. The noise level was a bit of a distraction, but yet it had a lively vibe and did not take away from the experience my guest and I had. Very attentive and respectful staff. The food was terrific. The Landmark Salad was one of the best salads I've had.Special Features:
- ExpensiveSingleInMyTwentiesDined on 6/24/2014It's pricey, but good. If I knew I would be spending $180 on dinner for two, I would have went someplace else. Still, the food was good but maybe not the best value. Great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.