St Mary's Seafood & More
11290 Old St Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32257Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
St Mary's Seafood & More
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stmarysseafoodandmore.com/
- Phone: 9046477358x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Junior Akel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from St Mary's Seafood & More
St. Mary's Seafood & More offers delicious fresh oysters, clams, shrimp, crabs, and fish. Most items on our menu can be served fried, grilled, blackened, or broiled! Bring your whole family today and feast on seafood, steak, and more!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
St Mary's Seafood & More - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
St Mary's Seafood & More reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful Service.KlqkauaiDined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed our visit here but the food was marginal. The waitstaff was extremely accommodating. Portion sizes were good but lots of fried food although choices for grilled dishes were available. We would not make this restaurant a regular stop but the staff could not have been better.Special Features:
- Finally a must go placeJagsfan500Dined on 8/28/2014St Marys Seafood is in a Mandarin location that has seen many restaurants come and go. This one's going to be popular forever if they keep doing what they're doing. Very good seafood, great prices, and wonderful service. I would advise reservations for lunch or dinner as they stay busy. The service is prompt and friendly, the food comes out also promptly, and delicious. My fried shrimp, fried green tomatoes and grits were good enough to bring me back ASAP. A friend had stuffed flounder she raved about, another had shrimp in a spicy mango sauce, the day 's special. None of us had anything but praise for our lunch. To have 12 ladies served so quickly and so accurately was amazing. Go soon and go often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!PigskingalDined on 8/26/2014This location has seen many restaurants come and go, and I am thrilled we finally have a winner here. This is some of the best fried seafood in the area. We usually drive to St. Augustine to get good fried shrimp, and it is great to have a place in the neighborhood with outstanding seafood. On my recent visit, I had the lite shrimp plate, and I believe there were 15 or 16 butterfly shrimp on it! The slaw and hushpuppies are also quite good, so I would heartily recommend St. Mary's to anyone that likes seafood!Special Features:
- OutstandinghondaboyDined on 8/24/2014Overall great experience and will definitely dine again. Best customer service I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 82MuchDined on 8/7/2014Food very good and plenty of it. Friendly and efficient staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- GREAT FRIED SHRIMPboobooDined on 8/3/2014The fried shrimp is great- no heavy batter- just golden fried butterfly shrimp and the price is right........... coleslaw was also wonderful with the fried shrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding seafood placebirdladyDined on 8/1/2014It is the same great experience every time we come. Awesome food and portions, fast and great service, very friendly atmosphere. Love this place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceJaxFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Our first try at St Mary's, and it was good. Prompt seating, friendly waitress and staff, drinks and food came out quickly. I had blackened Mahi Mahi sandwich with fries, my husband had the Boom Boom shrimp with cole slaw. Both of us cleaned our plates. Food was hot and appetizing. Waitress checked in several times and refilled our drinks without being asked. The male and female managers have a large crew of young people and keep them busy; sweeping, clearing, picking up trash. I was pleasantly surprised at my positive experience and would consider going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodCHF5Dined on 7/29/2014First time at this restaurant and my girl friend is pretty picky about her food. We had fish and shrimp, blackened and grilled. The food was very good and the service was really friendly. I hope this place stays around for a long time.Special Features:
- Great food!3toeatDined on 7/27/2014This was not our first meal here. We came shortly after the restaurant opened and it was great! SIX months later and it's still great. An absolutely good dining experience in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicerire2gDined on 7/22/2014My family was waited on right away. Our food came out at a reasonable time and our waitress continued to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go.MysteryDined on 7/9/2014The food is fantastic at this restaurant. It is our favorite place to go for seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family LunchSouthernGalDined on 7/1/2014This outing was notably the best in a while for our small family. My 88 year old Mom cleaned her "Southern" plate of food! The timing, attention to details by our server, and the arrival of "hot" food was incredible. Thank you for moving into the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I thought!Luvable4505Dined on 6/29/2014I was pleasantly surprised by our visit to St. Mary's Seafood and More. The food was very reasonably priced and had generous portions. While you could certainly get your share of fried seafood, they offered a great variety of fresh seafoods that could be served grilled, broiled, or steamed. The crab chowder was pretty special. I was really wishing I had ordered a bowl instead of a cup. The ambiance was nothing special, kind of rustic/bar-ish, and the salad bar was a little weak but my over all assessment is that this place is a a kid friendly keeper. I hope it sticks around! :)Special Features:
- Woderful place to visitbirdladyDined on 6/26/2014I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. The food is always great, plenty and fast service. The staff is very helpful & friendly, courteous and goes out of the way to please you. I go there at least once or twice a week to eat. Love the idea that I can make a reservation on " Open Table" website, which I did the last time and, I got seated right away. I am so glad I found this restaurant !!!! :-))Special Features:
- See food. Seafood and morePapaTangoDined on 6/15/2014Another great seafood restaurant in Mandarin. Even though the crowd was standing room only in the large entry area were seated promptly with our Open Table reservation on Father's Day. This building has had its share of restaurants in it and this one should stay. Our table had fried Grouper, fried Shrimp, broiled Scallops and the beef sandwich. They had a good selection of side items and a salad bar. The lunch portions we got were plentiful. The meals were great and the service was super. The atmosphere is good considering its location. We will eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/ Stinky Outside2barkoskiesDined on 6/14/2014Please see comments below, regarding stinky dumpster right outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time not a charmJaxgourmet2014Dined on 6/7/2014My first visit was excellent. However my second visit was disappointing. The food was ok, I ordered the platter for one, portion size was smaller and the grilled fish was very fishy.Oysters small and the imatation butter spread was terrible. My suggestion serve butter and stay consistent with seafood quality.The service was wonderful . I hope it was just an off night.
- SKSK123Dined on 5/29/2014Excellent seafood! Food was served hot, shrimp was excellent. Party of 6 all satisfied with their meal. We will definitely go back again!!Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the St Mary's Seafood & More reviews archive.
- Good birthday lunch with familyJaxfoodieDined on 5/18/2014The food and service at St Mary's is always good. There is usually a wait to be seated, so I was happy to see this on Open Table! Great fried shrimp and fried fish! Delicious sides, too - cheese grits are quite tasty. Have been many times before and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE seafood resturant in MandarinActor95Dined on 4/27/2014We love this place! We love everything about the food. I particularly love the Southern sides offered. They also offer a military discount and that always puts a resturant/company high on our list to support. Only one complaint about the last visit, don't call it "sweet potato casserole" if it doesn't have marshmallow or pecan topping; it's just sweet potatoes with out the topping. :-) From an authentic Southern girl and foodie/cook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!HotspotDined on 4/26/2014The experience was everything our son sad it would be. The food was delicious, our server was prompt. We made reservations on line, we was seated upon arrival. This is definitely a hot spot. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You've Gotta Try St Mary's SeafoodBvdbassDined on 4/24/2014Everything is so good. Portions are generous. Owners are very friendly. This is a great boost for the Mandarin Community. Best "local" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No waitTrooperDined on 4/4/2014Really liked the ability to make a reservation, is a popular place and waiting line gets pretty long at times. Is a very good place to eat close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prompt and Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2014We visited the restaurant on a very busy "Lent Friday" . The server arrived very soon after we were seated. The drinks and the appetizer arrived within minutes after the order. The owners seemed to be very engaged from the service standpoint bringing out platters to various tables around us. The dinners arrived in a very timely manner and all the food was served at the appropriate temperature. We were very pleased with this outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the best seafoodretireeDined on 3/28/2014This is one of the best seafood restaurants I have ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2014Right in the neighborhood for us, we have been to St. Mary's seafood 3 times recently. Food was very good each time, but the wait staff varies in training and level of experience. In the last 2 dining experiences, the waitress seemed overly chatty, intruding into our conversations. Onion rings were "sold out." That seemed odd. But overall, the quality of the food ordered and portions were excellent. Drinks were good. This is a great family restaurant, but it can get noisy, TVs on the wall showing sports, etc., so not recommended if you're looking for a quiet dinner together or romantic atmosphere. Overall, it is still a favorite.Special Features:
- Great Place For SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday by eating at St. Mary's Seafood Restaurant for lunch. We had heard raves about St. Mary's Seafood Restaurant, and we were certainly not disappointed. It was all that it had been built up to be. All of us will definitely go back and enjoy more of their seafood lunches...and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014The food was very good and the service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindRoadtripersDined on 2/17/2014Food was more than great. The raw oysters were amazing! All 3 of us had the "Boiled Shrimp", it was as good as it gets. Even the "Green Beans" side dish was outstanding!! Every dish we had was excellent. Staff was fun & enjoyable & attentive!! Hard to find all three at one time! Will definitely return the next time we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fried ShimpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Fried food heaven, but healthy options available, we went with fried shrimp, oysters, scallops and fish and all was hot and fresh. Lobster Bisque was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJaxFoodiesVIPDined on 2/9/2014Fried seafood, not very flavorful. Sides were equally unimpressive, won't be heading back.
- We loved the food!! KudosOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2014We loved the food!! Kudos to the chefs! Our waitress, Ashley was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding, thelrlnoleDined on 1/30/2014Service was outstanding, the food was good and the service was good. I have already recommended this dining establishment to numerous friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTombosrDined on 1/23/2014My wife, myself, and neighbor couple (all in our 60's and 70's) had an absolutely splendid dining experience at the Jacksonville, FL., St. Marys Seafood. The meals were prepared as requested and the portions were ample, service was excellent. We will certainly return and brag to all our friends about our experience. I had previously eaten lunch serveral times at the St. Marys Seafood in St. Mary's, GA while employed with Lockheed Martin at Kings Bay, so I knew first hand that if this one was good as the original, we were in for a treat. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Second VisitjaxnotaryDined on 1/16/2014This was our second visit. Were not disappointed. We were just as pleased as our first visit. The food was good, service friendly and attentive. Prices are very reasonable. This is a great neighborhood, family dinning place.Special Features:
- enjoyablesargeDined on 1/8/2014Too much grease in the food & flounder wasn't fresh. Atmosphere & lighting was great. Prices were a little high, but we were full when we left. Would come back for lunch to see if there is a change. We could have been there on an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our visit!jaxnotaryDined on 1/8/2014Had a very pleasant family meal. Service was quick, food was hot and tasty, portions were generous. We will be returning again and will recommend to family and friends Prices were right , quality of food was very excellent. My only recommendation would be less clutter on the tables, to many condiments, items.Special Features:
- Seafood DelightRobert1VIPDined on 1/5/2014This new restaurant is really a great addition to our area restaurants. The amount of seafood given to you is very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just okaymareDined on 1/5/2014Clam chowder was salty, fried shrimp was greasy, fried mushrooms were cut so thin, all l could taste was the fried breading. Will try it once more but will stay away from the fried food, which I normally LOVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.