St Louis Park Woodfire Grill
6501 Wayzata Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55426Neighborhood:
St. Louis Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
St Louis Park Woodfire Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.slpwoodfiregrill.com/
- Phone: 9523450505
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am - 2 pm Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 2:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Eric Rudelius-Palmer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Woodfire Grill is a vibrant, fun place to enjoy creative cocktails and fabulous food. It’s warm and inviting atmosphere is the perfect place to relax and unwind from the noise of the day. It is also a place to host group dinners and events in the beautiful Hearth Side Room.
- Private Party Contact: Dani Mathey 8777894793
A word from St Louis Park Woodfire Grill
Woodfire Grill is a neighborhood restaurant fueled with internationally inspired cuisine and exceptional Chef talent. Upon arriving your senses are delighted with the rich smell of the fire, the sound of crackling burning wood, and the sight of the welcoming Woodfire Grill family inviting you into our restaurant. The unique experiences of the Chef's worldwide travels, paired with our commitment to sourcing local products from farmers we know, is a perfect culinary marriage, and assures the highest quality dining experience at neighborhood restaurant prices. The inspiration behind the menu stems from our proprietary Chef Council. Our group of professional chefs have traveled to hottest culinary cities in the USA and abroad, racking up passport stamps from Italy, Thailand, Spain, France, Turkey, India, Morocco, Mexico, Japan and most recently Vietnam and Thailand. The walls at Woodfire Grill showcase these magical trips. Our Chefs bring these flavors of the world directly to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
St Louis Park Woodfire Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sadly underrated, thankfullymcmcDined on 8/23/2013In looking for something new, we stumbled across this almost forgotten gem on the 394 strip. Forgotten, I mean, by me. I've never been to this place before - which has changed names several times over the last decade - but needed a steak for my 90 year old grandfather, with whom we wanted to share a special family dinner with. Steak is his thing. Making reservations with Open Table was surprisingly accommodating. The reason for which wasn't apparent until we got there. Granted, it was a Thursday. And granted, it was a senior citizen friendly 5:45pm - but the place was deserted. Over the 90 minutes we were there, another 5 or 6 tables filled up - but that was it. And it. was. awesome. Great food and great service. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timejulieDined on 8/16/2013Our group of four went to Woodfire Grill before heading downtown to a game. There was a great selection of food, a lot of which we had never tried before. The waitress was personable, the food was really good, and we definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013We were having a family get-together and reserved a table for 6 in a semi private room. It was peaceful and great for conversation, and aside from being a little cool it was a great setup. The only issue was that it was my mother's birthday and we had brought a cake to celebrate, but were informed that there was a plating fee of $1.25 each. This was unfortunate for us and them as we would have ordered another round of drinks and enjoyed ourselves instead of opting to drive 4 blocks home to celebrate. Guess they though the $7.50 they could have earned on the fee was more important than a round of drinks for 6 adults. Bad call on their part. But I will say that the food was pretty good and they offered 1 free gelato for the birthday girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate at best, will probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2013Adequate at best, will probably not go back for some time!
- LacklustersniggitysnaxDined on 7/17/2013Sat in the dining room with a great view of the dust-covered giant elk mount. The lighting and feel of the dining room left a lot to be desired and the food was only okay. The bar area looked updated and I would think about going for apps/drinks, however, I will be staying away from the dining room and entrees.Special Features:
- horrible food, but servers tryBobJMinneapolisDined on 7/16/2013We dined here for the first time this week, out of convenience since we were in the area. The AC was not working well so it was about 20 degrees warmer than it needed to be on a summer evening. Servers were dripping with sweat and the place smelled of burned crème brulee. One entrée was ok, but the beef tenderloin with bordelaise was horrible. A manager visited my table and I explained to her that it tasted very much like A1 and tomato sauce. She and my server informed me that bordelaise is made with lobster stock and roux and I told them that many people, including myself, know that this is incorrect. She offered to bring additional sauces. I left a comment for the restaurant and they have chosen not to respond. We overtipped for service.
- I ordered off the restaurantBabycakeVIPDined on 7/16/2013I ordered off the restaurant week menu the naan bread and BLTE sandwich and that was delish. It was so good that i plan on going back to this restaurant. The sauce for the naan was well made and the bacon on top of the egg for the sandwich was yum, yum!Special Features:
- HesitationsbirthdaygirlDined on 7/13/2013This was the first time my husband and I went to this restaurant. I don't think we'll go back. My scallops were OK, but the rice was cold. His steak was Ok but the mashed potatoes were the worst I ever tried. They were brown and cold. We did like our waitress though. She was efficient without being obnoxious. For the price we paid, the value was not there.
- Worst food - EVER.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/12/2013I cannot remember any dining experience where the food was this bad. I mean terrible. Inedible. The saving grace was the bottle of wine we had. If you like prime rib that is too tough to cut ladled with thick dark gravy smothering it, this could be the place for you. Otherwise, I do not recommend it.
- Still An Excellent Dining ExperiencWilliamDined on 6/18/2013This was my 6th visit to the St. Louis Park Woodfire Grill and, as usually, my entire party was extremely pleased with the menu, their selection and the service. I will be back several more times because there are many items on the menu that I want to try.Special Features:
- Lamb burgers to die for…RedSoxFanMNVIPDined on 6/16/2013The Moroccan spices are added to perfection. The roasted cauliflower appetizer was phenomenal. Fourth time there and no change - great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2013Excellent Service and environment for a lunch meeting. The corner round booth worked out very well.Special Features:
- Fabulous eveningAnnieDined on 6/1/2013We wanted to treat our out-of-town guests to a special dinner, and we did so by choosing the Woodfire Grill. It couldn't have been more perfect, the six of us started our meal with delicious and unique appetizers (roasted cauliflower and grilled naan) along with wonderful wine choices. (the wine list at Woodfire is extensive). The hostess couldn't have been more gracious and accommodating. The menu has plenty of variety for vegetarians and meat-eaters. I enjoyed the Chapa Carmelized Carrot Salad; others in my group raved about their steaks. We finished the meal by sharing desserts and once again we were very impressed. The gelato was amazing! The atmosphere is very comfortable and background music added a special ambiance. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but not goodBSPromDined on 5/31/2013Food was good, but not good enough for the price.. I loved the water and the service.Special Features:
- Intriguing potential, but not yetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2013The menu has many intriguing options and I would like to go back and give them a second chance. That being said, I wasn't blown away by what we received. While they're working with quality ingredients, it seems like there's a little something missing... I love the bitterness of Campari, but the Jasmine cocktail was overly sweet. The lamb burger was slightly charred, and for me, the combo of goat cheese and lamb (which can be gamey) was not a winning combo. The truffle mac had a nice coating and great crunch with breadcrumbs, but it was a bit bland. We had a really quiet night (pouring rain), so the hostess and server were very attentive to us and we received food very quickly. It's a good find though and I hope to return for a second visitI would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013It was very nice. Server friendly and attentive, not overly so. Food unusual and excellent.Special Features:
- The restaurant no one ever speaks oOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2013I was surprised at how good the food was considering no one has ever mentioned this place---and I've lived in the TC since Sept 1998! Ribs were very tender. Fries yummy. Chocolate gelato to die for!! Our waitress was friendly and solicitous. Only comment is that I was surprised that my ribs were $25 for a lunch menu (for one person). A bit pricier than the competition. Otherwise, food and service were great. Will definitely bring my husband next time.Special Features:
- We ate here Mother's Day evening.PattherefDined on 5/12/2013We ate here Mother's Day evening. The kitchen must have been recovering from the earlier brunch, as it took very long (30+ minutes) to get our entrees. We have not had this problem in the past, so we will be back. The food is very good overall. For anice sandwich, try the shaved prime rib with peppers and onions -- topped with cheese curds! All the steaks are good, especially the chimichurri flank steak.Special Features:
- St. Louis Park Woodfire Grill16bobarinoDined on 5/3/2013Service excellent. Food was very good. Price was very reasonable. Would recommend for families and/or couples for a casual night out for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a restaurant thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2013This is a restaurant that has changed hands a few times in recent years. It's in a relatively convenient location off of 394, but because of that, it is surrounded by pavement. Not the most ideal scenery. The inside is decoratated like a log cabin. Big exposed log beamwork overhead and stuffed wildlife. The main hall fireplace has a large moose head mounted on it. They tried to update the decor a bit, but it still seemed dated to me. We did not go for the decor though, we went for the food. The food here is fantastic. I first went for lunch and had a really great Cuban sandwich. This past time I took my family for dinner. Excellent dinners and desserts. Very flavorful, unique, and well presented. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- We sat outside on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013We sat outside on the patio so not sure how the ambiance was inside of the restaurant but was great outside. I got the rotisserie chicken which was very dry but the vegetables and fingerling potatoes were very good; and my fiance said that his meal was great - he got the steak roll platter. Overall, I'd recommend this place to a friend :)Special Features:
- Chef EricOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Excellent food and personalized attention. Chef Eric is outstanding! Our kids are old enough to appreciate good food, and this is the restaurant of their choice to celebrate special family celebrations.Special Features:
- Good timePlymouthRocksVIPDined on 4/13/2013We were pleasantly surprised with the presentation and quality of the food. The server, April was great. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Y haven't I heard about this place?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013Amazingly, the aroma of firewood hit my nose in the parking lot before I even opened my car door! (How did they do that?!) We were there for lunch on a Tuesday - the restaurant was not too busy, and we had fantastic service and great food! The restaurant has a cabin feel to it, with a few mounted animals up above. I had a BLTE sandwich, and I would recommend it! I am calling this a Neighborhood Gem, as I haven't heard too many people talking about it, but I think they should! :)Special Features:
- We attended Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013We attended Easter brunch this past Sunday. We were surprised that coffee was not included in the brunch price. We made reservations early before the church crowd arrived and were seated at table with a view of the kitchen door. When asked if we could relocate to a different table we could not. Overall, experience was fair/good. Bloody Marys were excellent, as well as the omelets.
- Great hidden gem. ServiceGreatSteakSeekerDined on 3/29/2013Great hidden gem. Service was fantastic and we loved the wood-fired taste.Special Features:
- Just happened to try thisDoJoDined on 3/15/2013Just happened to try this place after checking on line for restaurants in St Louis Park. All 4 of us considered it a big win! Food was really good and we had an awesome waiter. Prices a little higher than where we normally go on a weekly basis but will definitely go back. Very surprised it was not crowded considering it was a Friday night.Special Features:
- The salad we had was good.SchlemeelDined on 3/9/2013The salad we had was good. The prime rib was supposed to be medium but was more well done than that. It was also very salty and peppery, as were the potatoes that came with it.
- This was my first visit toBrookVIPDined on 2/25/2013This was my first visit to this restaurant. It was a Monday night - the restaurant was not very busy and I was seated right away. It was Restaurant Week, so I went with the Restaurant Week 3-course menu and was very pleased. Service was very attentive. I don't generally care for banana cream pie, but that's just because I had never before had Woodfire's Deconstructed version. AMAZING! I will definitely be back.
- i love this place and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2013i love this place and have never been disappointed. Love all the menu items and they seem to have a Mediterranean flair. he fireplace always adds to the ambiance and our service was great.Special Features:
- Relaxing and funFoodiegoodieDined on 2/16/2013We had the seafood pizza and the chimichuri flank steak, I recommend both. We had fun.Special Features:
- ToastyBazzDined on 2/15/2013The bartenders always do a great job whipping up a unique cocktail or an old standard like a rye Manhattan. The food is always excellent and the waitstaff always knowledgeable and friendly. Ask for the fireside table in the private dining room for a warm treat on a cold winter night.Special Features:
- Overall good experience onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Overall good experience on Valentines day. Friendly, knowledgable staff. I GM two restaurants and was very pleased with my experience! We'll be back to try the bar and other things they offer.Special Features:
- We wonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Two steaks were underdone. The food was luke warm. Two of us were cold and had to wear out winter jackets. The service was slow despite the dining room not being full. However, the ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- We were there for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We were there for Valentine's Day and they made it a great experience. We were not up for anything to fancy but it was great. We got bread to start the meal and chocolate covered strawberries to end. It was a very fun date night.Special Features:
- Mediocre food for the priceMirandaDined on 2/14/2013Mediocre food for the price point. I expected more. Won't be returning, don't recommend.
- The real wood burning fireplacefoodnobVIPDined on 2/9/2013The real wood burning fireplace is a great treat in this cozy spot. The service is always wonderful and friendly. I eat here often and have never had anything that was not superb. The wood grilled meats are awesome and the pizza with potatoes and carmelized onions is to die for. At lunch the BLTE (egg) and Mexican Salsa verde soup are a must have. I crave them both and could eat these daily. AND you can talk and be heard without raising your voice. This place is just a gem!Special Features:
- Went here for a business lunch.CSJRDined on 2/5/2013Went here for a business lunch. We both has the prime rib and cheese curd sandwich, which was wonderful. Can't miss with cheese curds! Our ice tea and diet pop were kept full too as we talked for an extended time. Love the real wood burning fireplace too - the sound and the smell.Special Features:
- Food not cooked quite right.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2013Food not cooked quite right. A medium steak came out quite cooked on the outside, but cold on the inside. Risotto wasn't quite cooked enough. We still ate it, and had a lovely time. The Bailey's Cheesecake was wonderful.Special Features:
- We dined at the Woodfire GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013We dined at the Woodfire Grill on 1/11/13, after searching for a restaurant that might offer good food and a quiet atmosphere for our group of 7. We were pleased on both counts. The setting was perfect for table discussion and the food was very good overall, which started with a very diverse menu. The 12 and 16 year olds in our group had no trouble finding something to their likes on the menu. Service was excellent. The only food disappointment was with the seared scallops, due to the overly salty ginger-madeira sauce poured over the top. If you order this dish, ask for the sauce on the side. Finally , the homemade vanilla gelato and the table smores were a big hit with everyone.Special Features: