St. James Gate Irish Pub and Carvery
77 Sands Boulevard
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
St. James Gate Irish Pub and Carvery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pasands.com/dining.html
- Phone: 4847777777x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: Bar opens at 4pm
Friday - Saturday: Bar opens at 3pm
Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian that is 25 years of age or older while they are dining. All minors will also be escorted to and from St. James Gate Irish Pub and Carvery by Sands Security. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Burgers, Irish
- Executive Chef: Victor Bock
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for live entertainment every Saturday night from 9pm - 1am.
A word from St. James Gate Irish Pub and Carvery
Enjoy traditional Irish fare, your favorite imported and domestic beers and daily drink specials in our authentic Irish pub. Celebrate good times with live entertainment every Saturday night!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
St. James Gate Irish Pub and Carvery reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (23)late-night find (18)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (12)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014The Entire experience was poor. The staff was less than helpful to the point of almost rudeSpecial Features:
- SolidHHIGuyVIPDined on 9/26/2014The braided beef mac and cheese was outstanding. Our server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BergerShaq54Dined on 9/17/2014Our reservation was for 6:30, but we not seated till almost 7:00.
- Corned beefJulesDined on 9/14/2014The corned beef was tough and no real taste. Should have said something but didn'tSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MPS123Dined on 9/13/2014We have been to St.James several times and have enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere every time we visited. However, if our experience on Saturday night had been our first than we most likely would not return. The service was poor, had to wait far too long for everything. There was a large dinner group that was so loud that we did not want to stay for desert because of the noise. We will return to St. James since I think that this experience was the exception and not the rule (hopefully).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCMJRDined on 9/12/2014Great food, nice restaurant but the Waitress was very slow, Customers behind us were very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish PubluvmylindsDined on 9/12/2014Food was good, service good but there was no Irish or Gaelic music playing to add to atmosphere of the Irish theme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time and awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This is my new favorite restaurant! I loved the mashed potatoes with blue cheese and brussel sprouts. The meatloaf was good as well. I wished I had more room to eat all of my bread pudding, which was also delicious! Can't wait to come back again.Special Features:
- Standard pub fare; unremarkableHazelnutsDined on 9/10/2014We had the fish tacos and the turkey club. The fish was pretty good, which it should be since they serve fish and chips. The accompaniments didn't provide much of a flavor experience, but it was fine. The turkey club is not a standard club, but it was good as well. You don't go to the casino for the food anyway, do you?
- Loved it!ALeigh2014Dined on 9/5/2014Everything from the abundance of beer selections to the service and to the quality (and quantity) of food was just wonderful. My husband and I really enjoyed the dining experience and are already thinking about going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The food was very good; the waiter was excellent. He was very attentive, pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a reasonable cost.RushDined on 9/5/2014My family and I had a really nice meal. The only thing that really needs to be replaced are their menus. They are literally falling apart.Special Features:
- Top NotchDooWop50Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have eaten at St. James Gate a number of times since coming to the Sands. The atomsphere, staff and food excellent, always enjoy ourselves here.Special Features:
- O DullOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We chose this pub to have dinner & listen to some Irish music - dinner was average, music non existent...came back an hour later to try again & have a drink at the bar ..no music and the bar tender was very busy not serving ...what a disappointment
- will returnPatrickfromNJDined on 8/30/2014service was excellent...food very good....good valueserSpecial Features:
- Didn't measure up to expectationsdoireallyhavetoDined on 8/30/2014We were really looking forward to a nice evening dinner, but some of the elements just didn't measure up to our expectations. Let me start with the positive -- the staff was outstanding. Their attitude was gracious and they all definitely aimed to please. Our food was served in a timely manner. Most of the food was good but the french fries were so under par I would never order them again. They were just short of cold, rubbery and tasteless. For a restaurant that supposedly prides itself in it's pub style food I found this very disappointing.
- Best food at Sands Bethlehem.KarriMDined on 8/30/2014I've been to Sands in Bethlehem, PA a number of times and always spend a weekend. I've eaten at every place there. I love food! St. James had the best food in that casino. I've eaten at the famous chefs high end restaurant and low end burger place. At that famous NY deli place. Not one matches or comes close to the great food and service of St. James. Just got back to NY today. St. James is the only place I will ever eat at when I'm gambling at Sands. Love it. Everyone visiting Sands Casino should and must eat at this place. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Great dinner and service was terrific, as well. Jorge was an excellently waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pab4132Dined on 8/16/2014Very good experience for dining. Food was great. The only downside is that the Irish Coffee was luke warm and not hot as I like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will visit again!vmb2014Dined on 8/16/2014My fiancé and I decided to try out St. James' Gate for dinner prior to the CFFC Fight at the event center, great choice! Service was prompt and everyone friendly. Food was delicious.. I had ribs, they were perfect, my fiancé had the salmon and loved it. Drinks were good, we are both whiskey drinkers so we had drinks off the menu. Dessert and coffee were amazing! Will definitely be coming back for dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the ruffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great place to have a beer or two. Even better place to have a meal........Great location!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 8/15/2014Good food, fast service. Menu had good choices. Nice beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mishkaDined on 8/9/2014The mashed potatoes were quite lumpy and the server did not ask to refill our drinks. Other than those 2 things, the food and the service was very good. (One other thing worth mentioning is that there were young children there who were fussy, which was somewhat distracting).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT WEEKDAY DININGFIRSTDATEDined on 7/30/2014QUIET AND NOT OVERLY CROWDED. ENJOYED A GREAT DINNER AND CONVERSATION THAT YOU COULD HEAR. SERVICE WAS PROMPT AND VERY FRIENDLY, WILLING TO HELP WITH QUESTIONS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSandsDined on 7/20/2014Food was very good and the portions were large. If you get an appetizer, you probably won't finish the dinner.Special Features:
- Irish comfort food & sweet dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We came to see Jeff Dunham and wanted a nice place to enjoy a good dinner after the show before heading home.This place hit the spot. Traditional Irish fare and nice mix of other options that pleased all 5 of us. From the prime rib to the Sheppard' pie and the burger cooked just right we were all satisfied with their generous portions and had just enough room for dessert. Triple chocolate cake and creme brulee were a nice finish taste to good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & reasonable pricesbobnDined on 7/20/2014My wife had the Prime Rib and I had one of their burgers. The Prime Rib was pretty good the burger was excellent. The service was very good and we did not feel rushed in any way. I would go back.Special Features:
- great foodanniversaryDined on 7/11/2014Great food at a reasonable price. And BIG portions. Extensive beer list, so lots to choose from. Will definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relax n eatAmysDined on 7/5/2014relaxed feeling while hanging out with friends. portions are a nice size. appetizers were delicious. would reccomend to friends. would return to try different items on menuSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodTheresaHKDined on 7/5/2014I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. If you're a salmon-lover, get the salmon. They cook it perfectly. Delish!
- Great happy hour!PickyEaterDined on 7/2/2014We dined here for a pre-concert quick dinner. Wait staff was fantastic. Suggested menu items that were quick and delicious. We enjoyed happy hour draft beer selections to our delight. Taps are clean and the beer is fresh! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmekDined on 6/29/2014enjoyed the dining experience. Service very god and the food tastySpecial Features:
- 5 starsfoodgrl21Dined on 6/28/2014This is the second time eating at this restaurant and they do not disappoint. The food is great, the service is great, the atmosphere is perfect for people who don't like a lot of noise. Great pub feel. I recommend trying something new each time because there are so many great choices! For a casino establishment it was a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Bar/restaurantrichie1Dined on 6/25/2014Staff was very warm & friendly. We made reservations but had arrived early. They fit us in . Our waiter was attentive. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!luvgoodfudDined on 6/22/2014The server was personable, very engaging & accommodating. The appetizers (fries w/gravy & mushrooms & onion rings) were huge & the dinner itself was wonderful. Didn't have desert at the time as we were too full but stopped back later to get the bread pudding to go! Definitely will visit again.Special Features:
- DigitalMacDaddyDined on 6/21/2014Excellent time! Nadeanne our waitress was fantastic, make sure you ask for her! Food was Delicious and the music was excellent. We had the Dublin Double and the Reuben - both were outstanding - make sure you order the home made potato chip appetizer with the bacon dressing......not to be missed with a pint of Guinness.Special Features:
- Good food, great characterYN2ChrisDined on 6/15/2014I would recommend this restaurant for the food, but I found the service less than desirable. Three of us were there early on a Sunday night. We did have reservations and the restaurant was not very crowded when we arrived. We were seated immediately, but it took our waitress about 5 minutes to acknowledge us and take our drink orders even though she passed us at least twice going and coming from other tables. When she returned with our drinks she took our dinner orders which were very promptly delivered by another server. Our waitress never returned to our table to ask if we needed anything or how our meal was until we asked another server to find her. Again, she had passed our table several times during our meal, but never stopped.Special Features:
- Nice place if at Sands Casino!MonteVIPDined on 6/14/2014Beer specials, good food (apps, entrees and desserts) and able to share w/o an extra charge, so I can donate to the slots machines instead! Oh yeah, friendly service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimmerDined on 6/14/2014Overall,great experience! We had great service and we all enjoyed our dinner. My father tried a new menu item (waffles) and I really enjoyed them but a couple members of my family thought they were just ok. Thank you for the wonderful dining and for our special occasion very pleasant!Special Features:
- MichaelDouglasDined on 6/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience. With reservation, we were seated promptly. Sat next to nice people. My one negative comment would be that the tables are a little close but as long as fellow diners are friendly, not really an issue, but probably hard to have a private conversation. Service and food were good but a bit pricey, but not bad as compared to other casino restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.