St. Helena Bistro
1146 Main Street
Saint Helena, CA 94547Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
St. Helena Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sthelenabistro.com/
- Phone: 7079633371
- Hours of Operation:
HAPPY HOUR FROM 3:00-5:00 glass wine or beer & small plate for only $10 !!!! :)
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30AM - 4:00PM.
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:30PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Israel Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from St. Helena Bistro
Chef Israel, previously of St. Helena's "Green Valley Cafe" now brings to you his Northern Italian cooking expertise at his NEW sidewalk café and restaurant "St. Helena Bistro", located in St. Helena, CA. in the Heart of Beautiful Napa Valley. Well known for his delicious handmade Gnocchi and flavor-filled Eggplant Parmigiana, Chef Israel now has created his own menu of Northern Italian DELIGHTS. The menu features a selection of pasta dishes and beautifully designed entrees sure to appeal to you and your friends. Finish your meal with his homemade strawberry shortcake and you'll be smiling from ear to ear. Your next trip through St. Helena will not be complete without a stop at this wonderfully casual sidewalk Ristorante.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
St. Helena Bistro - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
St. Helena Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- A wonderful surprisecarlosVIPDined on 9/9/2014We decided to have dinner at St Helena Bistro based on its menu. We had very good dinners in other restaurants in St Helena and in Napa but this one was excellent. We highly recommend to anyone who likes to try good dishes with a twist.Special Features:
- Referred by a friendWinoDinoDined on 9/7/2014We were meeting with my brother-in-law and his wife and a friend recommend this as one of her favorites. Well, it's one of our favorites now. Great menu choices and delightful service made for a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious dinnergreatfoodiesDined on 9/4/2014great service and staff very friendly and helpful with questions. our sea bass dinner was one of the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/20/2014Good food...varied menu.....will definetly be going backSpecial Features:
- So good!NancyK1VIPDined on 8/17/2014The food here is really good! Israel, the owner/manager is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eggplant Parmigiana!!!ToniVIPDined on 8/16/2014I try to veer away from the eggplant parmigiana on the menu, but I can't! So delicious. Great service.Special Features:
- St Helena BistroBakersfieldDined on 7/29/2014Quick stop in wine country, this little restaurant gets high reviews for the food. We shared the avocado salad and the sausage fettuccine. Awesome! Service was good not great, wait staff could have been more attentive to diner's tables. Reasonably priced, and as stated already food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodBruzuVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is a very easy place to go. We went with our little son, they wore very plesant with him. The pasta was good and the service was very good and fast. Our attend was very friendly and was around all the time. I would love to go in a next trip to Santa Helena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ServicestevegDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed the service that we received. Very friendly. Made us feel we were glad we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant provides good valuefrekdnrVIPDined on 6/27/2014Entrées are very reasonably priced and a pleasure to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Night in St HeleneChristineVIPDined on 6/24/2014We went to the Cameo and walked down the street for dinner. Good Menu and food was great! Very casual and fun.Special Features:
- Really enjoyable experienceyumyumDined on 6/24/2014The service here was spot on, friendly, attentive but not overly so. The food was solid, gnocchi was A+, tomato sauce with pasta was a thing of beauty even to my picky Italian husband, they had reasonably priced pasta options for the kids(not on the menu), great bread, wonderful desserts. The strawberry shortcake was delish with a caramel sauce we could not stop scrapping the plate to get every last bit. I had a ribeye and my only note here was that it was not an expensive cut & was a bit overdone. Still, the chef had a great sear & coaxed an amazing flavor from a fairly humble ribeye. We brought our kids and it was kid friendly but this is a nice restaurant and if your kids are not old enough to hang thru a leisurely meal, I might skip it.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the St. Helena Bistro reviews archive.
- GoodFineWineVIPDined on 6/15/2014Food was good, though no lasting impression. Waitress, just waited on us, with lack of interestSpecial Features:
- Delicious from start to finish!luv2dineVIPDined on 6/14/2014Had calamari and onion rings to start. Delicious! All of the food was beautifully prepared and tasty. I had the pesto shrimp pasta special and it was loaded with plenty of shrimp. Other entrees ordered were Fish & Chips, Gnocchi, Chicken Sandwich-everyone was happy with their choices. Our server, Jessica, was genuine and helpful and really made our visit enjoyable. Highly recommend the Bistro!Special Features:
- :(guest19Dined on 6/7/2014Asked for medium rare steak, got well done, and had absolutely no flavor/seasoning! They did comp. our meal, that we hardly ate, but then we ran out of time and couldn't go anywhere else to eat!
- Girls running the show-sort of!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014We arrived on time for our ressie but the three girls remained in the back for the longest time so four tables sat themselves. We were left cooling our heels for a good 10 minutes before any real contact. Very strange vibe and the food was okay.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/10/2014The service was amazing, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was cheerful. We were celebrating a college graduation with 12 people, and the restaurant staff did an amazing and efficient job with our table. We will definitely go back. Try the fish and chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner for party of 6bobcDined on 4/19/2014We were looking for a nice place for dinner for a party of 6 in the Yountville/St Helena area. Checking through the restaurant review web sites we noted St Helena Bistro with its limited number but excellent reviews. We made reservations for our party of 6 for a 5 PM dinner. We asked for the quietest location and were seated near the back of the restaurant, which was of moderate noise level. We ordered an assortment of dinners off of the regular menu. All 6 of us were extremely pleased with our meals and with the service provided. Meal presentation was very nice and food quality was excellent. Ended up leaving a larger tip than normal because we enjoyed the meal so much. Highly recommend and intend to come back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TandTVIPDined on 4/18/2014We had lunch here and the food was very good. We ate outside which was nice on a sunny spring day. The service was a bit slow but this was due to a staff shortage. Every table was full which proves the food quality is great. But there were only 2 food servers which made it difficult for them to take orders, deliver food and wine, clear tables for people waiting. All in all, a good experience and we will return. I had the gnocchi which was great with the pancetta, peas and creamy tomato sauce. My husband had the eggplant parmesan and thought it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Helena Bistro -a find!ToniVIPDined on 3/14/2014The friendly service, delicious food and in-town sense of neighborhood made this a perfect lunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice comfortablerlee61Dined on 2/25/2014This is a nice comfortable neighborhood restaurant with good food and nice portions. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "locals" place in St. Helena1morebiteDined on 2/14/2014We were impressed with the romantic ambience and relatively low noise level at this intimate restaurant on a busy Saturday night. The remodel has nice touches. Free corkage for locals, and the owner greeted regulars with authentic pleasure. A great find for a nice meal out that won't break the bank, particularly for couples and small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the very neat look ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2014Loved the very neat look of black & white, friendliness and soft music so you can actually carry on a conversation. Would love to go there again next time I'm in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!MistyVIPDined on 1/17/2014We came to St Helena Bistro for lunch. The restaurant was pretty casual as were the servers, but the food was excellent. We had a salad with shrimp and the fish and chips. Everything was cooked perfectly and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveShottsieDined on 1/11/2014Love this spot! Perfect place for for locals & tourists alike. Note: the Gnocci is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Helena LunchNapalindaVIPDined on 12/18/2013We are locals and dine out a few times a week, have not been to the restaurant since it changed names. We were not impressed on our previous visits but honestly thought it was under new management and chef. We ordered the calamari which was quite good and then each had the eggplant parmesan that was raved about. I made the mistake of not asking if the eggplant slices were thick or thin. They were very thick close to an inch. Too much eggplant for us. We will give it another try and order something else, the other dishes that we saw coming out of the kitchen looked good. The wines by the glass are good and affordable and there is no corkage on the first bottle.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly service,OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/23/2013Great food, friendly service, free corkage, right in downtown St. Helena. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Good for groups when peoplebikebakerDined on 8/18/2012Good for groups when people are on a budget. Two out of the seven had luke warm entrees and should have sent back. Staff was very friendly and always available. Cost effective for this area.Special Features: