St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
100 Pythian Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95409Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stfranciswinery.com/
- Phone: (800) 795-6674x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M, Th Seatings at 11:00am, 2:00pm
Lunch: F-Su Seatings at 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Bryan Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups wanting a private dinner at the Winery, we offer options for 8 to 64 people. At our Private Estate Dinners, guests enjoy a seven-course meal for 8-16 prepared by a St. Francis Chef. In this intimate, one-of-a-kind experience, guests have the Winery to themselves with their own personal chef.
- Private Party Contact: Kelley Mingram 8557808453
A word from St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
Voted #1 Restaurant in America by Open Table users, St. Francis Winery & Vineyards offers a ZAGAT-recommended farm-to-table Wine & Food Pairing experience in the heart of Sonoma Valley. The 1½ hour pairing features a six-course tasting menu prepared by Executive Chef Bryan Jones (formerly of the fig café and wine bar), created to complement wines from St. Francis' artisan collection. Three scheduled seatings at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and two scheduled seatings at 11 am and 2 pm Mondays and Thursdays. Reservations for parties of 6 or larger are managed directly at the restaurant. Price: $50 plus tax (20% discount for St. Francis Wine Club Members).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)scenic view (77)notable wine list (74)special occasion (73)good for groups (61)great for lunch (56)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (17)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Don't missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014This is the best Sonoma has to offer. The staff is friendly and informative. St. Francis wines are always first class and the new chef is knowledgeable and creative.Special Features:
- Wine PairingCheryneDined on 10/12/2014Absolutely fantastic experience! Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food, with a view...PauliemorpheusDined on 10/11/2014If you've never experienced a St. Francis wine and food pairing, it's a a treat and a must do! The food rivals any four star restaurant and the wine, well it speaks for itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Wine Pairing was a blast!drinkeatbemerryDined on 10/11/2014I went to St. Francis with three foodie friends and LOVED the food and wine pairing. The host was descriptive, patient and welcoming. The food was impeccable - as was the wine pairing. I highly recommend this event for 4 - 8 person groups. However, there was a single at our tasting and it was just as much fun.Special Features:
- Amazing1FreeportFlyerVIPDined on 10/9/2014This is an amazing wine tasting experience. The food prepared for the tasting was excellently prepared, flavored and plated. The wine to go with the individual courses was very good. The staff was friendly and informative. The sous chef came out to see if we enjoyed the food. I really nice experience.Special Features:
- Still the best!SonomaFoodiesVIPDined on 10/9/2014Even with the recent change in Executive Chefs, St Francis remains a culinary (& wine) experience not to be missed! The food, wine pairings, knowledgeable staff - - and end of meal visit from the Chef - - make for a wonderful experience all the way around. We never hesitate to take our out of town guests to perhaps the best wine & food experiences to be found in Napa/Sonoma...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Just wonderful from start to finish. Food & wine pairing was excellent. Staff was knowledgeable & friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winery gem!wineluverDined on 10/3/2014St. Francis is a gem just a short drive outside Santa Rosa. Spectacular scenery paired with great food and wonderful wines. We had visited 2 other vineyards on our trip - each very different from the others. By far, St. Francis was the most sophisticated. Their beautiful shop/tasting room was charming to spend a little time before or after our lunch. When we looked at the menu before hand we thought we would select one entrée. We were pleasantly surprised that we had samplings of all three with each paired to a wine and one even had two wines as the staff could not decide between the two. Each entree was well presented and delicious. It seemed a little pricey at first but was definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceACLynnVIPDined on 10/2/2014The Wine and Food Experience at St. Francis was outstanding. The quality of service and food was absolutely the BEST. We will definitely do this again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experiencefoodfreak22Dined on 9/27/2014What an amazing experience. Fabulous food, top notch wine, and very informative. The grounds are beautiful and the staff was engaging and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutly th BestfunforfriendsDined on 9/27/2014Our 5th time enjoying this incredible experience. Every time one of our friends visit us at our home in the Valley of the Moon, for the first time, we take them to the wine pairing at St. Francis. Nothing better!Special Features:
- Still FantasticMichaelDined on 9/27/2014In case you've had this wonderful dining experience and were afraid it would never be the same after the departure of chef who put it on the map, fear no more. It is every bit as good as ever under the new chef. The big shoes have been filled very competently. Every dish was amazingly creative and delicious, and each food/wine pairing was perfect. We'll be back every time they change the menu.Special Features:
- DebBDined on 9/22/2014The pairing of wine and food was excellent. Second experience was equal to first ... both outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Food/Wine pairing was the highlight of our trip to Sonoma!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pairing EverChesapeakeDined on 9/19/2014Food and wine are perfectly matched here at St. Francis Winery. The wine people who orchestrate the experience are knowledgeable and friendly. The food was perfectly prepared and the tastes of wine are generous. You will have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow. Impressive!ge8moodVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food and wine pairing was excellent, exceeded expectations. They even cater to food restrictions like vegetarian/allergies. Must do when in Napa/Sonoma!Special Features:
- wine and food tastingwallyanddeedeeDined on 9/19/2014The wine and good tasting was the highlight of our trip to the wine country. We bought one of the red wines to ship home but kicked ourselves the rest of the day for not buying one of the two Chardonnays that were presented--one with salmon and one with salad. We can see why St. Francis is rated No. 1 for this type of experience and we would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine pairingsMcfamilyDined on 9/18/2014I can see why this place is voted #1! After four days in Sonoma we all agreed this was the best food we had.Special Features:
- Food & Wine PairingNic123Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I recently did the food and wine pairing at St. Francis. Everything was amazing! The wine was delicious and the food was probably the best meal we had while staying in Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great good &wine pairingboblatourDined on 9/8/2014Best 5 services and wine pairing. I recommend this occasion and winery in Sonoma to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinVIPDined on 9/8/2014We went to St Francis for the wine and food pairing. The food was delicious and the wines were very good.
- fabulousJojoDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed the wine and food pairings. The food was delicious. It was very creative. The flavors blended together in these tastes were outstanding. The wines were quite good znd complimented the food.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceHappy2TasteDined on 9/6/2014Couldn't be more happy with the awesome experience we had at the St. Francis wine and food pairing. The food was excellent and the wine was a superb complement to the food. Thoroughly enjoyed our time at St. Francis. We will be back again and again to savor the seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The St. Francis wine and food pairing is fabulous! I bring visiting guests here all the time and the food is always excellent, service is fun and friendly, and of course, the wine is great. This is a great thing to do on a weekend afternoon, then head home for a nap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high quality/great valueStephDined on 9/5/2014$50 may seem like a lot for a wine pairing. But, with 6 healthy pours of St. Francis wine matched perfectly with what the restaurant calls 5 courses of "small plates" (actually, decent sized-portions of amazing food), it's an amazing deal. Wonderful setting with view of gardens/vineyard/mountains. Very friendly and informative service. This is our second visit and we'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The food was great BUT, I don't believe they served the best wines that St. Francis has to offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We had a great dinner and great way to sample the different wine with food pairings at the winerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We had an amazing day!!! we are from amsterdam and we where on a roundtrip in Sonoma and Nappa valley and it was supburb! only we had a big breakfast,,, so for coming guest tell them not to take a big breakfast :):) thank you so much for the good service and the good knowledge of the wines and the winery etc etcSpecial Features:
- Great experienceSevenDined on 9/4/2014The best wine pairing experience we ever had, wonderful host and food was just perfect for the chosen wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceSpearfishDined on 9/4/2014We treated guests from England to the 2:00 wine and food tasting and it was the hit of their visit. Excellent 5 course small food plates with wine that truly enhanced the dish. We deliberately did not have lunch that day and the food was sufficient that we had a simple meal that evening. We will keep this on our "travel itinerary" for guests who join us in the wine country.Special Features:
- A top experiencefoodfanDined on 9/1/2014We've enjoyed excellent food and wine pairings before, but never one more thoughtful or more attuned to bringing out the range of tastes in food and wine equally. Since the menu changes on a rolling basis according to the wines that become available (a new course is rotated in roughly once each week) there's not much to be gained from singling out dishes or wines that we enjoyed today (9/1/14): just believe all the raves about the great tastes and knowledgeable staff and make this a destination if you're in range.Special Features:
- St. Francis food & wine pairing2pennysDined on 8/31/2014The food was paired superbly with the wine served. All the dishes were delicious, but a few of the proteins seemed a tiny bit overcooked. The salmon was a bit dry, and so was the beef and duck. The flavors of all the dishes were amazing and we think the flavors of the food paired with the wines better than ever.Special Features:
- Amazing food and experience !winepairingdiningaholicDined on 8/29/2014The best food and wine pairing experience we have ever had. Book this treat in life, the servers were fabulous. Complete bliss. Joined their wine club after dining. Delicious wines.Special Features:
- AMAZING experience!MandyDined on 8/29/2014We went for a lunch wine pairing and the food was incredible, the wines were perfectly paired and varied to give us a sample of all that the vineyard had to offer. The winery itself is in a beautiful setting as well. I would highly recommend the lunch/wine pairing but you will need to plan many months in advance as the reservation is difficult to get! You sit at a group table with about 16 people so space is limited! It is a great deal as well, $50 for the lunch with pairings! A steal in my opinion! The staff were very friendly and accomodating and provided a wealth of knowledge on the vineyard and wine in general. Please go if you are in the Sonoma/Napa area!! It will be the highlight of your trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceAddyDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding, and matched the wine perfectly. The intimate setting allowed the hosts to walk us through each course. The food was at the same time classic and modern, such as sous-vide suck breast with the cassoulet, a modern take on a classic comfort food dish. Every dish was better than the one before it and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. Here's the deal though - if you have a very picky eater, leave them at the wine bar. There were two of them in the group of six seated next to us, one who proclaimed that she never eats anything green and was just here for the wine, and another who gagged on a delicious and quite mild blue cheese. But if you can appreciate well-prepared gourmet meal, you are in for a treat!Special Features:
- Perfect!Cali2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great wine, great food, great experience! Just a perfect combination of setting, food, wine and group dynamics.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationDeeCeeDined on 8/28/2014Best pairing lunch during our stay in Sonoma. We will definitely come again!Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014The food was imaginative, delicious and perfectly paired with the wine. The hostess was informative and engaging. The room was comfortable with an outstanding view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OptimisticOptimisticVIPDined on 8/24/2014The wine pairing accompanied by lunch was spectacular!!!! The instructors are vey knowledgeable about the wines and the food. Their explanations and responses to questions made us all feel very relaxed.Special Features:
- meatloaf sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Wine and Food Pairing event at St. Francis outstanding. Informative, fun and delicious! Staff is prompt in serving the wine and various courses and helpful and courteous in answering any wine/food questions. A lovely afternoon.Special Features: