St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
100 Pythian Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95409Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stfranciswinery.com/
- Phone: (800) 795-6674x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M, Th Seatings at 11:00am, 2:00pm
Lunch: F-Su Seatings at 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Bryan Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups wanting a private dinner at the Winery, we offer options for 8 to 64 people. At our Private Estate Dinners, guests enjoy a seven-course meal for 8-16 prepared by a St. Francis Chef. In this intimate, one-of-a-kind experience, guests have the Winery to themselves with their own personal chef.
- Private Party Contact: Kelley Mingram 8557808453
A word from St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
Voted #1 Restaurant in America by Open Table users, St. Francis Winery & Vineyards offers a ZAGAT-recommended farm-to-table Wine & Food Pairing experience in the heart of Sonoma Valley. The 1½ hour pairing features a six-course tasting menu prepared by Executive Chef Bryan Jones (formerly of the fig café and wine bar), created to complement wines from St. Francis' artisan collection. Three scheduled seatings at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and two scheduled seatings at 11 am and 2 pm Mondays and Thursdays. Reservations for parties of 6 or larger are managed directly at the restaurant. Price: $50 plus tax (20% discount for St. Francis Wine Club Members).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)scenic view (80)special occasion (76)notable wine list (72)great for lunch (53)good for groups (51)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amazing food and experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The best food and wine pairing experience we have ever had. Book this treat in life, the servers were fabulous. Complete bliss. Joined their wine club after dining. Delicious wines.Special Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great wine, great food, great experience! Just a perfect combination of setting, food, wine and group dynamics.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/28/2014Best pairing lunch during our stay in Sonoma. We will definitely come again!Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014The food was imaginative, delicious and perfectly paired with the wine. The hostess was informative and engaging. The room was comfortable with an outstanding view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OptimisticOptimisticVIPDined on 8/24/2014The wine pairing accompanied by lunch was spectacular!!!! The instructors are vey knowledgeable about the wines and the food. Their explanations and responses to questions made us all feel very relaxed.Special Features:
- meatloaf sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Wine and Food Pairing event at St. Francis outstanding. Informative, fun and delicious! Staff is prompt in serving the wine and various courses and helpful and courteous in answering any wine/food questions. A lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- Great Brunch or Light LunchGrumpyOneDined on 8/24/2014Not really a restaurant because there is no choice of menu or wine list, just five top quality well matched food and wine courses. The small courses, served over about 75 minutes, with fairly unpretentious explanations, in a nice setting make a nice brunch or lunch for a special occasion. We have been several times and like to take our wine country visitors with foodie tendencies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!!NSeattle5Dined on 8/15/2014Terrific food and wine pairing. This was a steal for $50 apiece. My wife and I were visiting California for various events over the course of one week and this was easily the best meal we had. Also joined the winery's wine club because the wines, especially the Shiraz were divine. Will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/11/2014This is a Wine & Food Pairing at the Saint Francis Winery. Not a restaurant.Special Features:
- FantasticambianceiskeyDined on 8/10/2014Tremendous experience...the food was phenominal....the service just as good.....would do it again in a second.....Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Wine PairingAngieDined on 8/9/2014We did the food and wine pairing at 1:00 for our lunch. The food was great, and the tasting portions were large enough to count as lunch. There was a good variety of pork, chicken, and beef in the food tastings. The wine tastings were also really good with a variety of whites and reds.Special Features:
- Yummy, but don't expect to be FullOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014This was a fun experience; the food was delicious and presented well. There were 4 very mini main courses and a dessert course all paired with wines. My party of 4 were not completely full so I would call this a light lunch from the quantity aspect, which is fine if you are not expecting to be full when you leave. It is as advertised a gourmet food and wine paring. I did not like the seating format, as we were a party of 4 and were sitting in a row and it made conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceBlue54Dined on 8/3/2014The Food and Wine Pairing was absolutely the best experience I had in the wine country. The chef did an amazing job selecting food items to accompany the wine. The beautiful view of the vineyards and Mt. Hood was an added bonus! I hope to be able to experience this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and wineAJ0806Dined on 8/1/2014The food and wine were absolutely amazing. The pairing was perfect. This is a must do event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tastes, good wine, pairedCorkieKDined on 8/1/2014The purpose of the food and wine tasting is to taste delicious food, fit for the eye and palate. Then it is paired with a good wine and the food brings out interesting nuances and notes of the selected wine. This is true of St. Francis' delicious five course tasting meal, served at the winery. We also thought the servers were knowledgable and were quite friendly, as well. It was well worth the price and we throughly enjoyed our time at the lovely setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this ExperienceguapachicaDined on 8/1/2014We had a terrific time and absolutely loved this food and wine pairing experience. The whole tone of the afternoon was non-pretentious, with a savvy and friendly young staff in charge. The wines were excellent and the presentation of the elegant courses was flawless. Portions were more generous than expected. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost a StephootnjVIPDined on 8/1/2014In October, 2013 we dined at the 11am St. Francis wine pairing lunch. The food and portions were perfect. Earlier this year, the chef departed to start his own restaurant in Sonoma and the sous chef left soon afterwards. On August 1, 2014 we eagerly returned but felt that the restaurant has lost a step. The new chef, Brian, is dedicated, but his portions are too large to be enjoyed with wine during a 1.5 hour seating. Of course, the wines are perfectly paired as we tasted 2 whites and 4 reds. Everyone who works at St. Francis is passionate about their job and it certainly shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & wine pairingsIgolfDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time at St. Francis food & wine pairing & it will not be our last! St. Francis is partial to reds but it's Chardonnay was delightful and non- oaky.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsRiorangerDined on 7/27/2014Fantastic experience and a great way to taste wine. Excellent value and portion size. Great atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealSusanDined on 7/27/2014What a gem. Everything was lovely about it - the food, the setting, the wines and the hostess did a great job describing the wines. We would go again in a minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Do!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We had a reservation for the Sunday 11:00am wine pairing on our last day in Sonoma. We are so glad we saved the best for last. It was an extraordinary experience in a beautiful setting. You should not miss this opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef --Still 5 StarsKateinSonomaDined on 7/26/2014I had done the food and wine pairing with a group of friends a few months ago, so decided to make reservations for when my sister would be visiting from Illinois. In the meantime, the chef who had won all the accolades left to start his own restaurant, so I was a little nervous. I need not have been. The new chef is just as wonderful. I LOVED the sous vide method of preparing the wild king pacific salmon wrapped in a thin zucchini strip with the two tiny deep fried zucchini blossoms atop! And the portions remain very generous. We could hardly finish the dishes. My three guests were suitably impressed and some fine St. Francis wines were shipped back to Illinois!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmoothSailingDined on 7/24/2014The wine and food pairings experience was a lovely way to begin a day in the wine country. The tasting begins almost immediately, so arrive on an empty stomach. The staff was friendly and informative. One particular server noticed I had not touched the meat portion in my plate and discreetly asked if she could serve a vegetarian option. Needless to day, I was wowed by her attention to detail. The chef graciously greets you towards the end of the meal and is happy to share his recipes. This will easily be remembered as one of the high points in our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BroomDined on 7/21/2014I'm a local and will be bringing my future house guests to the wine and food pairings. Everything was wonderful, very low-keyed, friendly with a great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little off the mark this time24tennDined on 7/21/2014Service was competent and attentive, at a very high level compared to most dining establishments. However, our hostess was not as energetic and personable as the one in our January visit (which had been the first luncheon seating). Maybe because this July we were at the second (later) seating. Her assistant seemed to be a bit new to the position, just a little off the pace. Or, maybe there had been two assistants serving at our earlier experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014It was just a wonderfiul experience, cant really say moreSpecial Features:
- AmazingSmm5251Dined on 7/20/2014The wine pairing experience is both educational and entertaining Each tasting was simply amazing and well paired with their wine If you are visiting the area, we highly recommend a visit to the winery and this great experienceSpecial Features:
- Special treatItsadateDined on 7/18/2014After visiting many wineries during our visit, this was a special treat and well worth the money. Enjoyed everything, even some of the wines that I don't normally drink. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Francis wine and food pairingStevesPOVDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I visited the winery for their 11am wine and food pairing. It was excellent. Great food and wine matched for each course. Staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Chef came out at the end of the meal to chat and get our feedback. Would definitely go back. Seating is for 16 - would be great as a group activity as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dennis C.rusticloverDined on 7/13/2014This was without doubt one of the best wine and food pairings that we have attended. The portions were generous and delicious, and they were exelellently paired with the wines. St. Francis has come up with another great chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!StephDined on 7/11/2014I'd heard fantastic things about this experience so we took out of town guests. It met and exceeded all my expectations (guests were wowed!). Food pairings perfect. Pours and small plates were very generous - total food (5 small plates) like a regular dinner. We are going again and again. Where can you have gourmet food and fantastic wine with every course for $50/person???!!!Special Features:
- Awesome!AwesomeDined on 7/10/2014This was an awesome experience. Great food. Great wine. Either could stand alone on their own, but with what the chef did to pair the two together was AMAZING. Thank you for a great experience and the highlight meal of our 12 day vacation!Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in Sonoma!lv2baglDined on 7/6/2014Fabulous food, fabulous pairings -- phenominal price! All in a beautiful, quiet setting. Was a bit concerned since David Bush had left, but the new chef is spectacular and didn't miss a beat in filling David's shoes. I want to move to the retirement community across the street so this can be my Sunday dinner every week!
- Superb Wine PairingFoodieBobDined on 7/6/2014The Wine Pairing at St. Francis Winery is outstanding in every respect. It's a beautiful setting near Santa Rosa, the room is nicely decorated, quiet, and has large windows that provide beautiful views of the vineyard and hills. The food is perfectly prepared and very tasty, and the wines are all excellent. I took my wife and sister-in-law (it was her birthday). We thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to going back!!Special Features:
- Wine, wine, winemarkmmVIPDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful wine pairing lunch. I have been 4 times now and each time is different and amazing.Special Features:
- Great food and viewsLizBeth0529Dined on 7/5/2014The dining room was light and airy and comfortably seated 16 that were at our luncheon. The toasted almonds were a nice touch in the first course - pickled peach and burrata. The favorite of the 5 courses was chicken roulade. Each course had its own wine. For each course there was an explanation of food and wine flavors and what to expect. Great wines and great food in a beautiful setting. The executive chef came out at the end and spoke to the guests and answered questions. Can't wait for a chance to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pairing.MoeyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Really great food and wine pairing. Plenty of food for lunch and the right amount of wine.Special Features:
- Outstanding wine-food and ambiance!MamamiaDined on 7/4/2014We booked the wine and food pairing and must admit we were a bit skeptical despite the amazing reviews. We were floored not only by the amazing cuisine, but how the wine pairings truly brought out the essence of each pairing. The views are spectacular and speak for itself. We love the wine and winery so much we joined the wine club. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable Wine PairingsLizBostonVIPDined on 7/3/2014The setting is beautiful, the wines are truly notable and the food pairings are sensitive and creative. I especially enjoyed the old vine Zin paired with quail. A perfect afternoon in wine country.Special Features:
- Wine Country LunchTBMDVIPDined on 6/26/2014We have been here twice now for the lunch food and wine pairing. While not an inexpensive lunch it is worth every penny. Food is adventurous, fun and beautifully presented. Each course is paired with a generous wine pour to compliment the food, and one course has two wines poured with it for the diner to decided which wine pairs best. The highlight is the chef coming out at the end to answer questions. We will be back again!Special Features: