St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
100 Pythian Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95409Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stfranciswinery.com/
- Phone: (800) 795-6674x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M, Th Seatings at 11:00am, 2:00pm
Lunch: F-Su Seatings at 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Bryan Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups wanting a private dinner at the Winery, we offer options for 8 to 64 people. At our Private Estate Dinners, guests enjoy a seven-course meal for 8-16 prepared by a St. Francis Chef. In this intimate, one-of-a-kind experience, guests have the Winery to themselves with their own personal chef.
- Private Party Contact: Kelley Mingram 8557808453
A word from St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
Voted #1 Restaurant in America by Open Table users, St. Francis Winery & Vineyards offers a ZAGAT-recommended farm-to-table Wine & Food Pairing experience in the heart of Sonoma Valley. The 1½ hour pairing features a six-course tasting menu prepared by Executive Chef Bryan Jones (formerly of the fig café and wine bar), created to complement wines from St. Francis' artisan collection. Three scheduled seatings at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and two scheduled seatings at 11 am and 2 pm Mondays and Thursdays. Reservations for parties of 6 or larger are managed directly at the restaurant. Price: $50 plus tax (20% discount for St. Francis Wine Club Members).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)scenic view (81)notable wine list (78)special occasion (75)good for groups (60)great for lunch (50)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best Pairing EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Food and wine are perfectly matched here at St. Francis Winery. The wine people who orchestrate the experience are knowledgeable and friendly. The food was perfectly prepared and the tastes of wine are generous. You will have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine and food tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The wine and good tasting was the highlight of our trip to the wine country. We bought one of the red wines to ship home but kicked ourselves the rest of the day for not buying one of the two Chardonnays that were presented--one with salmon and one with salad. We can see why St. Francis is rated No. 1 for this type of experience and we would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine pairingsMcfamilyDined on 9/18/2014I can see why this place is voted #1! After four days in Sonoma we all agreed this was the best food we had.Special Features:
- Food & Wine PairingNic123Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I recently did the food and wine pairing at St. Francis. Everything was amazing! The wine was delicious and the food was probably the best meal we had while staying in Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great good &wine pairingboblatourDined on 9/8/2014Best 5 services and wine pairing. I recommend this occasion and winery in Sonoma to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinVIPDined on 9/8/2014We went to St Francis for the wine and food pairing. The food was delicious and the wines were very good.
- fabulousJojoDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed the wine and food pairings. The food was delicious. It was very creative. The flavors blended together in these tastes were outstanding. The wines were quite good znd complimented the food.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceHappy2TasteDined on 9/6/2014Couldn't be more happy with the awesome experience we had at the St. Francis wine and food pairing. The food was excellent and the wine was a superb complement to the food. Thoroughly enjoyed our time at St. Francis. We will be back again and again to savor the seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The St. Francis wine and food pairing is fabulous! I bring visiting guests here all the time and the food is always excellent, service is fun and friendly, and of course, the wine is great. This is a great thing to do on a weekend afternoon, then head home for a nap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high quality/great valueStephDined on 9/5/2014$50 may seem like a lot for a wine pairing. But, with 6 healthy pours of St. Francis wine matched perfectly with what the restaurant calls 5 courses of "small plates" (actually, decent sized-portions of amazing food), it's an amazing deal. Wonderful setting with view of gardens/vineyard/mountains. Very friendly and informative service. This is our second visit and we'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The food was great BUT, I don't believe they served the best wines that St. Francis has to offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We had a great dinner and great way to sample the different wine with food pairings at the winerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSevenDined on 9/4/2014The best wine pairing experience we ever had, wonderful host and food was just perfect for the chosen wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceSpearfishDined on 9/4/2014We treated guests from England to the 2:00 wine and food tasting and it was the hit of their visit. Excellent 5 course small food plates with wine that truly enhanced the dish. We deliberately did not have lunch that day and the food was sufficient that we had a simple meal that evening. We will keep this on our "travel itinerary" for guests who join us in the wine country.Special Features:
- A top experiencefoodfanDined on 9/1/2014We've enjoyed excellent food and wine pairings before, but never one more thoughtful or more attuned to bringing out the range of tastes in food and wine equally. Since the menu changes on a rolling basis according to the wines that become available (a new course is rotated in roughly once each week) there's not much to be gained from singling out dishes or wines that we enjoyed today (9/1/14): just believe all the raves about the great tastes and knowledgeable staff and make this a destination if you're in range.Special Features:
- St. Francis food & wine pairing2pennysDined on 8/31/2014The food was paired superbly with the wine served. All the dishes were delicious, but a few of the proteins seemed a tiny bit overcooked. The salmon was a bit dry, and so was the beef and duck. The flavors of all the dishes were amazing and we think the flavors of the food paired with the wines better than ever.Special Features:
- Amazing food and experience !winepairingdiningaholicDined on 8/29/2014The best food and wine pairing experience we have ever had. Book this treat in life, the servers were fabulous. Complete bliss. Joined their wine club after dining. Delicious wines.Special Features:
- AMAZING experience!MandyDined on 8/29/2014We went for a lunch wine pairing and the food was incredible, the wines were perfectly paired and varied to give us a sample of all that the vineyard had to offer. The winery itself is in a beautiful setting as well. I would highly recommend the lunch/wine pairing but you will need to plan many months in advance as the reservation is difficult to get! You sit at a group table with about 16 people so space is limited! It is a great deal as well, $50 for the lunch with pairings! A steal in my opinion! The staff were very friendly and accomodating and provided a wealth of knowledge on the vineyard and wine in general. Please go if you are in the Sonoma/Napa area!! It will be the highlight of your trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceAddyDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding, and matched the wine perfectly. The intimate setting allowed the hosts to walk us through each course. The food was at the same time classic and modern, such as sous-vide suck breast with the cassoulet, a modern take on a classic comfort food dish. Every dish was better than the one before it and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. Here's the deal though - if you have a very picky eater, leave them at the wine bar. There were two of them in the group of six seated next to us, one who proclaimed that she never eats anything green and was just here for the wine, and another who gagged on a delicious and quite mild blue cheese. But if you can appreciate well-prepared gourmet meal, you are in for a treat!Special Features:
- Perfect!Cali2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great wine, great food, great experience! Just a perfect combination of setting, food, wine and group dynamics.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationDeeCeeDined on 8/28/2014Best pairing lunch during our stay in Sonoma. We will definitely come again!Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014The food was imaginative, delicious and perfectly paired with the wine. The hostess was informative and engaging. The room was comfortable with an outstanding view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OptimisticOptimisticVIPDined on 8/24/2014The wine pairing accompanied by lunch was spectacular!!!! The instructors are vey knowledgeable about the wines and the food. Their explanations and responses to questions made us all feel very relaxed.Special Features:
- meatloaf sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Wine and Food Pairing event at St. Francis outstanding. Informative, fun and delicious! Staff is prompt in serving the wine and various courses and helpful and courteous in answering any wine/food questions. A lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- Great Brunch or Light LunchGrumpyOneDined on 8/24/2014Not really a restaurant because there is no choice of menu or wine list, just five top quality well matched food and wine courses. The small courses, served over about 75 minutes, with fairly unpretentious explanations, in a nice setting make a nice brunch or lunch for a special occasion. We have been several times and like to take our wine country visitors with foodie tendencies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!!NSeattle5Dined on 8/15/2014Terrific food and wine pairing. This was a steal for $50 apiece. My wife and I were visiting California for various events over the course of one week and this was easily the best meal we had. Also joined the winery's wine club because the wines, especially the Shiraz were divine. Will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/11/2014This is a Wine & Food Pairing at the Saint Francis Winery. Not a restaurant.Special Features:
- FantasticambianceiskeyDined on 8/10/2014Tremendous experience...the food was phenominal....the service just as good.....would do it again in a second.....Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Wine PairingAngieDined on 8/9/2014We did the food and wine pairing at 1:00 for our lunch. The food was great, and the tasting portions were large enough to count as lunch. There was a good variety of pork, chicken, and beef in the food tastings. The wine tastings were also really good with a variety of whites and reds.Special Features:
- Yummy, but don't expect to be FullOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014This was a fun experience; the food was delicious and presented well. There were 4 very mini main courses and a dessert course all paired with wines. My party of 4 were not completely full so I would call this a light lunch from the quantity aspect, which is fine if you are not expecting to be full when you leave. It is as advertised a gourmet food and wine paring. I did not like the seating format, as we were a party of 4 and were sitting in a row and it made conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceBlue54Dined on 8/3/2014The Food and Wine Pairing was absolutely the best experience I had in the wine country. The chef did an amazing job selecting food items to accompany the wine. The beautiful view of the vineyards and Mt. Hood was an added bonus! I hope to be able to experience this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and wineAJ0806Dined on 8/1/2014The food and wine were absolutely amazing. The pairing was perfect. This is a must do event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tastes, good wine, pairedCorkieKDined on 8/1/2014The purpose of the food and wine tasting is to taste delicious food, fit for the eye and palate. Then it is paired with a good wine and the food brings out interesting nuances and notes of the selected wine. This is true of St. Francis' delicious five course tasting meal, served at the winery. We also thought the servers were knowledgable and were quite friendly, as well. It was well worth the price and we throughly enjoyed our time at the lovely setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this ExperienceguapachicaDined on 8/1/2014We had a terrific time and absolutely loved this food and wine pairing experience. The whole tone of the afternoon was non-pretentious, with a savvy and friendly young staff in charge. The wines were excellent and the presentation of the elegant courses was flawless. Portions were more generous than expected. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost a StephootnjVIPDined on 8/1/2014In October, 2013 we dined at the 11am St. Francis wine pairing lunch. The food and portions were perfect. Earlier this year, the chef departed to start his own restaurant in Sonoma and the sous chef left soon afterwards. On August 1, 2014 we eagerly returned but felt that the restaurant has lost a step. The new chef, Brian, is dedicated, but his portions are too large to be enjoyed with wine during a 1.5 hour seating. Of course, the wines are perfectly paired as we tasted 2 whites and 4 reds. Everyone who works at St. Francis is passionate about their job and it certainly shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & wine pairingsIgolfDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time at St. Francis food & wine pairing & it will not be our last! St. Francis is partial to reds but it's Chardonnay was delightful and non- oaky.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsRiorangerDined on 7/27/2014Fantastic experience and a great way to taste wine. Excellent value and portion size. Great atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealSusanDined on 7/27/2014What a gem. Everything was lovely about it - the food, the setting, the wines and the hostess did a great job describing the wines. We would go again in a minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Do!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We had a reservation for the Sunday 11:00am wine pairing on our last day in Sonoma. We are so glad we saved the best for last. It was an extraordinary experience in a beautiful setting. You should not miss this opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef --Still 5 StarsKateinSonomaDined on 7/26/2014I had done the food and wine pairing with a group of friends a few months ago, so decided to make reservations for when my sister would be visiting from Illinois. In the meantime, the chef who had won all the accolades left to start his own restaurant, so I was a little nervous. I need not have been. The new chef is just as wonderful. I LOVED the sous vide method of preparing the wild king pacific salmon wrapped in a thin zucchini strip with the two tiny deep fried zucchini blossoms atop! And the portions remain very generous. We could hardly finish the dishes. My three guests were suitably impressed and some fine St. Francis wines were shipped back to Illinois!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.