St. Clair Winery & Bistro
901 Rio Grande Blvd, #B-100
Albuquerque, NM 87104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
St. Clair Winery & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stclairwinery.com/bistros/albuquerque/
- Phone: 5052439916
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: W. James Duke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can host your next business lunch/dinner, rehearsal dinner, or ... ? We have a private dining room and patio for groups of 20 - 80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Elise Hines 5052439916
- Entertainment: Evenings, Wednesday - Sunday: Live Jazz-Blues music, featuring the best local and touring groups.
A word from St. Clair Winery & Bistro
Enjoy nationally acclaimed award winning NM wines along with a full restaurant, wine bar and retail wine shop. St Clair Winery & Bistro also offers wine tasting, patio or private dining, and live entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
St. Clair Winery & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
St. Clair Winery & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- DisappointedIronmaninabqDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I have dined here many times before and the food was great and the service was great but the noise level is almost always off the charts. This visit though everything was just horrible. The waiter kept giving us excuses for being late, but as a customer I don't want to hear excuses I just the service to be good. My French onion soup was very good but the green chile chicken cream sauce entree that I got was horrible. The pasta was mush, way over cooked and then served in a bath tub of cream sauce. The entree was in edible. The noise level was even higher than normalas there was a party of 19 people seated along side us and a huge party outside on the patio and the doors were open.Special Features:
- Very nice, but...GGG1Dined on 8/29/2014We dine here for special occasions and for attending nearby events. The food and the wine choices are always very good. This last time, however, it seemed more noisy during dinner dining? And the wait staff seemed to have a table count that spread them a bit thin for the number of patrons?Special Features:
- Good food and EntertainmentBikerguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went there that evening specifically to hear the band that was playing that night. The food was very good and the service excellent.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!DiningDined on 8/20/2014Must see to believe!!! Great food and price for it is a little higher than what most would preferSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wineLarryVIPDined on 8/5/2014I was very skeptical about New Mexico wine. The wine was fantastic. We had a fantastic waitress but I have to say that food was average.Special Features:
- SuperbCherylDined on 7/29/2014Food and service was superb! This was our first time and we enjoyed it immensely. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good and bad first visitNMtravelersvelersVIPDined on 7/26/2014Despite an Open Table confirmation, the restaurant did not have our reservation. We were seated promptly--right by the kitchen doors. :-( Our pork and prime rib entrees were excellent, but the accompanying garlic mashed potatoes were not edible. The server promptly brought me rice instead when I asked, that was OK. She dropped our Amex card on the floor by another table, which I fortunately saw and retrieved. And she included another table's signed credit card form with our bill. Might go back because the prime rib really was excellent, but I do have my doubts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent dependable fooddinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014My visit to St. Clair's was excellent. The mac and cheese was superb, the steak was cooked perfectly, and the Bellismo was wonderful. I will be returning.Special Features:
- Outside dinningSandyDined on 6/28/2014Eat outside and listened to a wonderful jazz group. The food was good and reasonably priced. Great spot near Old Town Albuquerque for travelers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We love this restaurant ... great food, wonderful service, outstanding choice of wine! This is located in a very convenient location, right off the freeway and there is ample parking. In a city of mostly mediocre eateries, St. Clair certainly stands out!Special Features:
- Very Good for a small groupCCABQDined on 6/26/2014Went to celebrate office summer birthdays. We were a group of 9, had great service and everyone liked their food. Great variety of food and wine and they even gave us seperate checks Recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Dinner GuestsstukVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was Ok. French onion soup was lukewarm Seated next to a large party who's table grew until they were right next to us which was very annoying. We were never offered bread and butter. Had to ask for it. Wife ordered chicken meal without cheese and was not given Alfredo sauce that was part of her meal. We usually go for lunch and never had a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Afternoon, Relaxing DinnerjorlowskiVIPDined on 6/8/2014Had a nice late afternoon meal. Wine good, not great but very reasonable and pleasant. Food excellent. Service very good. Will look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Meet Up DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We were a group of 10 and we had a nice time and great service.Special Features:
- Service and food are outstandingSimoneDined on 6/6/2014Wine offerings are impressive. Food was brought out quickly. We were a party of 8, yet our server handled this with easeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Mex WineSteveVIPDined on 6/1/2014Great winery near Old Town. Varied menu choices and all the wines in house. Tastings and samples available, as well as for purchase. The French Onion soup was very flavorful and not too salty, the pot roast was tender and melt in your mouth and the Bistro burger was thick and covered with tasty green chiles. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the wines. Although the food was very good, it was the service that stood out. Very attentive, helpful and accommodating. I wish I could remember his name to give him more credit, but the wine was that good. He was very helpful and knowledgeable with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2014We have eaten here numerous times and always enjoy the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014My wife and I have enjoyed our lunch date beautiful inside an great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!enjoyeditDined on 5/29/2014First time visit and was very pleased beyond expectations!! Arrived early for our reservations and we didn't have to wait!! Our server, Marie was awesome and very helpful!! Great food, great time, great place!!! We'll re-visit again...SOON!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed.SensibleDined on 5/25/2014Although we were happily escorted to our seats upon arriving early for our reservation the friendliness ended there. Our waitress did not try to impress us with her knowledge of the wine selections available, didn't tell us about any specials and was basically not attentive to us or to anyone else surrounding us. The place was not busy, so you would think the service would have been good. Food was ok, nothing I'd be excited to try again. So disappointed that the service wasn't even close to the kind and efficient service I had previously experienced in Las Cruces. We were familiar with the wine however and thankfully our selections did not disappoint.Special Features:
- maryVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our main entree came literally a few minutes after our dinner salads did. Very rushed. Our waitress Leandra was great though.
- Very energetic night at St. Clair!mnchilemomDined on 5/23/2014We've been here several times in the past and come here for birthdays or our anniversary or else just to sit on the patio and listen to good music. The night we were there recently the weather was cold, windy and rainy, so we sat inside. The band was pretty loud and that meant that the customers were pretty loud too. I would have preferred a bit more quiet, romantic evening, however we still enjoyed ourselves. Our server was wonderful - very attentive, very helpful in making sure with the kitchen that I was served completely gluten free food. I was disappointed that the GF markings and notations have been removed from the menu, however. I had the pork which was a tad overdone and didn't have a lot of flavor - the sauce was good, however.Special Features:
- They left early.TravisNMDined on 5/11/2014Made the reservation using open table. When we arrived the restaurant was closed. I guess they left early and didn't bother to call and cancel our table.
- The following 361 reviews are from the St. Clair Winery & Bistro reviews archive.
- Fabulous!CBNewMexicoDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I have dined at St. Claire's many, many times and have never been disappointed. Their waitstaff are very courteous and respectful. I would recommend St. Claire's for their amazing wine list, too!Special Features:
- Birthdayluv2dineDined on 4/29/2014The food was good and the ambiance was somewhat energetic. Staff was courteous. We would probably try this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentsuedeDined on 4/20/2014New management as of a week ago. They took reservations for 3:30 while planning to close at 4. Food trays were near empty. Sternos blown out between 3:30 and 4, so food was not hot. The only consolation was that the service was very good. And the manager comped the meal. Very disappointed in Easter dinner.
- terrible servicejustustravellersDined on 4/19/2014our server kandrise seem to forget that we were there. the food was excellent. she blame another table for her lapse, when we pointed it out to her. it is too bad, because as stated the food was very good. the manager came to talk to us about a noisy table next to us, but she never inquired about our satisfaction.
- Lovely RestaurantcdinerDined on 4/19/2014We dined here for our rehearsal dinner(which was a wonderful experience) and then went back for our one year anniversary dinner and it was very lovely. We were immediately brought back to our table upon arrival, quickly greeted by wait staff, and our food came immaculately fast! The food was delicious, the atmosphere nice, and the experience overall wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great wine.BB2014Dined on 4/18/2014Food was great wine was great, good service. Although it was pretty loud in the restraunt. Not so romantic, you have to talk loud to hear each other. They had live music which was pretty good. I went on a friday night. Definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatModaveDined on 4/11/2014St. Clair once again hits on all marks. This visit brought a new wrinkle of a plate of food not prepared properly, but the wait staff took care of the problem instantly. Steaks were cooked to perfection, plus we brought a person who has never dined here before and he stated that he had the best prime rib ever. From the wine, food, service & ambience, St. Clair never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and pretty good winebchavezVIPDined on 4/10/2014The food is pretty great here. Comfort foods with a twist, excellent sized portions, I ate the half size pasta and left full. I am not a huge fan of NM wines - I find them too sweet, but they have some great reserve reds that hit the spot. So you can find a wine for just about anyone here.Special Features:
- Great food, noisyMikeJDined on 3/28/2014I was given a gift certificate to St Clair for Christmas, and have been there twice now. Both times the food was excellent, the service attentive but not intrusive. I don't drink wine, but my wife does, and she loves their wines and selections. They have trios of wines in small glasses that make excellent samplers. I'm a wheat beer drinker (do not like the taste of non-wheat beer), and they have a nice wheat from Marble Brewery. My only complaint is the noise level, and this is just a given if you go here. There is a bar section close to the main dining area with live music, and there are often large parties in the back room, so if you want a quiet dining experience, go somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine pairingskmmmDined on 3/22/2014Relaxed atmosphere with a varied customers. Service was great, the server was warm, friendly, and very accommodating as I had a food allergy and the substitutions were great! Homemade cheeses and wine pairings were well done. House specialty of chicken melted in your mouth. Desserts were huge and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudMiddleagersDined on 3/15/2014Friends getting together to chat and catch up...was not aware there would be a band...other than the noise it was a great night. Our table was way too close to the music to have enjoyable conversation. Will go back if there is not music...nothing against music, just not what we wanted this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winery and Bistro?DrobDined on 3/14/2014We came here expecting a respectable wine list and exceptional food. The wine list was limited to their own private brands. We are not wine snobs but the wine was average at best. The eats were not what we would consider bistro caliber. The selections were what you may find at any chain restaurant. We decided on the prime rib since it looked more appetizing than the rest of the menu. It was a generous portion and was very good. The sides, mashed potatoes and sautéed veggies, were cold which surprised us because the meal came very quick. That said we would recommend St Claire's with limited expectations and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!jaedaDined on 2/15/2014The food wasn't the only thing delicious but their selection of wines were amazing. If you're planning on enjoying with a group of friends, on a date....a special occasion, this would be your ideal place to eat. Definitely a place I'd like to go again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was very busy because it was Valentine's day. We visited in the evening. This would be a great place for lunch or brunch. I wouldn't recommend it for romantic setting. TVs are a distraction,dining area too brightly lit, their Valentines special menu was disappointing with very little choices. Server and management were awesome though.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wineGreeniesDined on 2/14/2014They did an excellent job for Valentine's day. Good food and a very nice selection of wine. They special event fixed menu price even included a glass of wine of your choice off their complete wine listing. It is always a good choice for food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so ... 'energetic' is theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014so ... 'energetic' is the buzz word for a totally obnoxious table of diners seated @ ten ft from out party of six in the covered patio. they were raucous and totally unmindful of the other guests. when i finally - and with a great deal of politeness - approached them and asked very graciously to try to keep it down, i was all but ignored. the waitstaff just shook their heads and rolled their eyes with all this. look ... we knew it's a saturday night and we expected conversations all around us, but this was out of hand. please see if there's a way to address this.
- Great Night for All!HappyDinerVIPDined on 1/25/2014We have been to this eatery several times..mostly for lunch, though. Dinner was a treat, the waiter was fantastic, though he could have waited a few beats after getting to the table, so we could stop talking, but the "joint was jumping" so, I can look past it --this time. The food was well prepared and delicious, everyone got exactly what they ordered and the temp was perfect! Nothing ruins a dinner like cold food that should be hot. But the place where St. Clair establishes dominance is with their extensive wine list...wow! Perfect accompaniment for each selection and spot on for the palette. Well done, St. Clair, well done, and thanks.Special Features: