St. Clair Winery & Bistro
901 Rio Grande Blvd, #B-100
Albuquerque, NM 87104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
St. Clair Winery & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stclairwinery.com/bistros/albuquerque/
- Phone: 5052439916x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: W. James Duke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can host your next business lunch/dinner, rehearsal dinner, or ... ? We have a private dining room and patio for groups of 20 - 80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Elise Hines 5052439916x
- Entertainment: Evenings, Wednesday - Sunday: Live Jazz-Blues music, featuring the best local and touring groups.
A word from St. Clair Winery & Bistro
Enjoy nationally acclaimed award winning NM wines along with a full restaurant, wine bar and retail wine shop. St Clair Winery & Bistro also offers wine tasting, patio or private dining, and live entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
St. Clair Winery & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
St. Clair Winery & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (17)special occasion (15)good for groups (14)romantic (14)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Best Value in AlbuquerqueGolfguysDined on 10/14/2014This is my 3rd time eating at St. Clair. I come to Albuquerque every 2 years for my birthday and I always eat at St. Clair for my Birthday dinner. I ate at 10 different restaurants around town while visiting including trip advisor's top 3 restaurants. St. Clair was better than all of them and at a fraction of the price. I would recommend St. Clair to anyone for lunch or a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Such a beautiful restaurant!Enuf1Dined on 10/10/2014When visiting my daughter, where from Maine, I would not miss having lunch or dinner at St Clair's when in Albuqueque. The food is excellent, the service is outstanding. I love there wine! I take a case home for further enjoyment and remembrance of our Vacation! If never been it dosn't matter lunch or dinner both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine with average pub foodChasDined on 10/10/2014I found it odd that they have a decent wine list and below average pub style food. It seemed to be popular on a Saturday night, but we won't be going back. The food was marginal at best.Special Features:
- HeatherVIPDined on 10/9/2014Excellent restaurant just outside of Old Town Albuquerque! Kids enjoyed the meal as did all 4 adults. Wait staff very attentive and nice! Thoroughly enjoyed the evening!Special Features:
- Family birthday CelebrationRancierDined on 10/8/2014We were dining in a party of 9 and the waiter and kitchen handled it with ease. They even accommodated the serving of a cake we brought in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient Location by HotelBHPartistDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant was literally across two parking lots from the Best Western Rio Grande hotel. I booked the hotel with intention of eating at St. Clair and we were not disappointed. The salmon I had and the steak my husband had was perfectly cooked. We thought the veggies could have used a bit more seasoning. Great bread. I had a glass of the Cab-Zin and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wine and foodAlabasterDined on 9/26/2014The food and service is excellent and the wine outstanding. Perhaps the best green chili burger around and the pesto pasta was delicious. The weather was perfect for dining on the patio, but the flies a bit of a bother. We left right before the band started and had mixed feelings about this. Online complaints were the band noise, but we wanted to determine for ourselves. The first thing the hostess said as she seated us was the band was loud. Because of this we left as soon as we finished our meal. Also, if they amped up the ambiance of the patio with more plants and flowers, like El Pinto, it would be stellar and would probably wind up being our favorite place to go. I'd give St. Clair 4-5 stars. We will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some workStillwaterVIPDined on 9/23/2014Ok but would not go back. The food was average and I think they may have been understaffed service was slow to start but improved as the night went on.
- Disappointed expectationsDisappointedDined on 9/19/2014We decided to try out what we thought was a bit nicer of a restaurant. At first everything was going great until our waiter Daniel showed up. He was rude and didn't seem to know his job. It took nearly 10 minutes for him to even come get our drink order. He forgot our silverware for nearly 10 minutes as well and when we had to send back our salad because of bad greens he treated us like it was our fault. The second salad he brought out was okay a first but then there was more bad spinach in it. He never apologized for the bad salad and was quiet rude when we told him. When we ordered a wine sample he brought them but never told us what they were and then took our wine menu so we did not know what to order. Daniel needs training.Special Features:
- very pleasedMelissaDined on 9/13/2014We are fairly new to the area and we had family coming to town. Choosing a place was a little difficult and picking a good one was off course important. Well I can yell you it was a good choice. The service, wine and food were excellent. The only thing that we didnt like was the volume of the music. Had we known that we would have sat inside. It was hard to carry on coversations. Otherwise my husband I will definately visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St ClairOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014My sister in law and I thought this would be fun as her mother (my mother-in-law) was from Deming. No winery there when she grew up!! But she would have enjoyed this restaurant. Our server was knowledgeable and delightful. Helpful but not hovering. Food was delish! Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always GoodluvPrimeRibDined on 8/29/2014Every time we are in Albuquerque, we make it a point to stop by here. Always enjoy their food and their wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedIronmaninabqDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I have dined here many times before and the food was great and the service was great but the noise level is almost always off the charts. This visit though everything was just horrible. The waiter kept giving us excuses for being late, but as a customer I don't want to hear excuses I just the service to be good. My French onion soup was very good but the green chile chicken cream sauce entree that I got was horrible. The pasta was mush, way over cooked and then served in a bath tub of cream sauce. The entree was in edible. The noise level was even higher than normalas there was a party of 19 people seated along side us and a huge party outside on the patio and the doors were open.Special Features:
- Very nice, but...GGG1Dined on 8/29/2014We dine here for special occasions and for attending nearby events. The food and the wine choices are always very good. This last time, however, it seemed more noisy during dinner dining? And the wait staff seemed to have a table count that spread them a bit thin for the number of patrons?Special Features:
- Good food and EntertainmentBikerguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went there that evening specifically to hear the band that was playing that night. The food was very good and the service excellent.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!DiningDined on 8/20/2014Must see to believe!!! Great food and price for it is a little higher than what most would preferSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wineLarryVIPDined on 8/5/2014I was very skeptical about New Mexico wine. The wine was fantastic. We had a fantastic waitress but I have to say that food was average.Special Features:
- SuperbCherylDined on 7/29/2014Food and service was superb! This was our first time and we enjoyed it immensely. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good and bad first visitNMtravelersvelersVIPDined on 7/26/2014Despite an Open Table confirmation, the restaurant did not have our reservation. We were seated promptly--right by the kitchen doors. :-( Our pork and prime rib entrees were excellent, but the accompanying garlic mashed potatoes were not edible. The server promptly brought me rice instead when I asked, that was OK. She dropped our Amex card on the floor by another table, which I fortunately saw and retrieved. And she included another table's signed credit card form with our bill. Might go back because the prime rib really was excellent, but I do have my doubts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent dependable fooddinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014My visit to St. Clair's was excellent. The mac and cheese was superb, the steak was cooked perfectly, and the Bellismo was wonderful. I will be returning.Special Features:
- Outside dinningSandyDined on 6/28/2014Eat outside and listened to a wonderful jazz group. The food was good and reasonably priced. Great spot near Old Town Albuquerque for travelers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We love this restaurant ... great food, wonderful service, outstanding choice of wine! This is located in a very convenient location, right off the freeway and there is ample parking. In a city of mostly mediocre eateries, St. Clair certainly stands out!Special Features:
- Very Good for a small groupCCABQDined on 6/26/2014Went to celebrate office summer birthdays. We were a group of 9, had great service and everyone liked their food. Great variety of food and wine and they even gave us seperate checks Recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 373 reviews are from the St. Clair Winery & Bistro reviews archive.
- First Time Dinner GuestsstukVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was Ok. French onion soup was lukewarm Seated next to a large party who's table grew until they were right next to us which was very annoying. We were never offered bread and butter. Had to ask for it. Wife ordered chicken meal without cheese and was not given Alfredo sauce that was part of her meal. We usually go for lunch and never had a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Afternoon, Relaxing DinnerjorlowskiVIPDined on 6/8/2014Had a nice late afternoon meal. Wine good, not great but very reasonable and pleasant. Food excellent. Service very good. Will look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Meet Up DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We were a group of 10 and we had a nice time and great service.Special Features:
- Service and food are outstandingSimoneDined on 6/6/2014Wine offerings are impressive. Food was brought out quickly. We were a party of 8, yet our server handled this with easeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Mex WineSteveVIPDined on 6/1/2014Great winery near Old Town. Varied menu choices and all the wines in house. Tastings and samples available, as well as for purchase. The French Onion soup was very flavorful and not too salty, the pot roast was tender and melt in your mouth and the Bistro burger was thick and covered with tasty green chiles. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the wines. Although the food was very good, it was the service that stood out. Very attentive, helpful and accommodating. I wish I could remember his name to give him more credit, but the wine was that good. He was very helpful and knowledgeable with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2014We have eaten here numerous times and always enjoy the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014My wife and I have enjoyed our lunch date beautiful inside an great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!enjoyeditDined on 5/29/2014First time visit and was very pleased beyond expectations!! Arrived early for our reservations and we didn't have to wait!! Our server, Marie was awesome and very helpful!! Great food, great time, great place!!! We'll re-visit again...SOON!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed.SensibleDined on 5/25/2014Although we were happily escorted to our seats upon arriving early for our reservation the friendliness ended there. Our waitress did not try to impress us with her knowledge of the wine selections available, didn't tell us about any specials and was basically not attentive to us or to anyone else surrounding us. The place was not busy, so you would think the service would have been good. Food was ok, nothing I'd be excited to try again. So disappointed that the service wasn't even close to the kind and efficient service I had previously experienced in Las Cruces. We were familiar with the wine however and thankfully our selections did not disappoint.Special Features:
- maryVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our main entree came literally a few minutes after our dinner salads did. Very rushed. Our waitress Leandra was great though.
- Very energetic night at St. Clair!mnchilemomDined on 5/23/2014We've been here several times in the past and come here for birthdays or our anniversary or else just to sit on the patio and listen to good music. The night we were there recently the weather was cold, windy and rainy, so we sat inside. The band was pretty loud and that meant that the customers were pretty loud too. I would have preferred a bit more quiet, romantic evening, however we still enjoyed ourselves. Our server was wonderful - very attentive, very helpful in making sure with the kitchen that I was served completely gluten free food. I was disappointed that the GF markings and notations have been removed from the menu, however. I had the pork which was a tad overdone and didn't have a lot of flavor - the sauce was good, however.Special Features:
- They left early.TravisNMDined on 5/11/2014Made the reservation using open table. When we arrived the restaurant was closed. I guess they left early and didn't bother to call and cancel our table.
- Fabulous!CBNewMexicoDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I have dined at St. Claire's many, many times and have never been disappointed. Their waitstaff are very courteous and respectful. I would recommend St. Claire's for their amazing wine list, too!Special Features:
- Birthdayluv2dineDined on 4/29/2014The food was good and the ambiance was somewhat energetic. Staff was courteous. We would probably try this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentsuedeDined on 4/20/2014New management as of a week ago. They took reservations for 3:30 while planning to close at 4. Food trays were near empty. Sternos blown out between 3:30 and 4, so food was not hot. The only consolation was that the service was very good. And the manager comped the meal. Very disappointed in Easter dinner.
- terrible servicejustustravellersDined on 4/19/2014our server kandrise seem to forget that we were there. the food was excellent. she blame another table for her lapse, when we pointed it out to her. it is too bad, because as stated the food was very good. the manager came to talk to us about a noisy table next to us, but she never inquired about our satisfaction.
- Lovely RestaurantcdinerDined on 4/19/2014We dined here for our rehearsal dinner(which was a wonderful experience) and then went back for our one year anniversary dinner and it was very lovely. We were immediately brought back to our table upon arrival, quickly greeted by wait staff, and our food came immaculately fast! The food was delicious, the atmosphere nice, and the experience overall wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.