1700A Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ssissosf.com/
- Phone: 4154411522x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Korean, Korean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Ssisso
An innovative approach to Korean cuisine, using both traditional elements and contemporary spins with fresh ingredients and clean presentations. Blending street foods and regional dishes with new age flavors while maintaining its roots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ssisso reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- FunablyssDined on 8/2/2014went here for my birthday dinner with about 9 or so guests. food was good and inexpensive. drinks were good but no hard alcohol. everything made with sake (cocktails). service was decent but forgot some drinks often and didn't check in with us as much as you'd expect w/ a large group. the lighting is too bright. overall, it was fun, but could use some improvement.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceLauraVIPDined on 7/19/2014Was seated for over 20 minutes with no service - finally had to flag down a server to ask if we could order food. The order did come out fairly quickly and was okay.
- Great Korean BBQLQChrisVIPDined on 6/28/2014We decided to try this place for the first time. It was a great dining experience for all four of us. We each said we would definitely return. The potions are very generous (two could easily split a single meal). Very tasty! Highly recommend this place if you're after Korean BBQ.Special Features:
- Yum!TrishaDined on 6/9/2014Honey shrimp and potsticker appetizers were delicious and a good size, very shareable for 4 people. The dolsot bibimbap was also very good, why would you get it in a regular bowl when you could get it in a dolsot?! I will be back, I am curious about the beer tower but I need to round up more people to share it with me first!Special Features:
- Great wings!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/31/2014Quick service and tons of food. Their wings and kimchi fried rice are the best! And a new fave - shrimp salad with black miso dressing!
- The following 7 reviews are from the Ssisso reviews archive.
- Bibimbap was great!CherryDined on 5/11/2014Great choice of food, but definitely loved the bibimbap.Special Features:
- Korean food in SFhanayaVIPDined on 5/5/2014This is one of the few Korean restaurants in the east part of the city. The galbi was a little too fatty, but the soontofu was amazing. They charge $1 extra for an egg whereas Korean restaurants in LA give it for free. Overall, the ambiance and service were great. I will definitely be coming back if I am craving Korean food again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014The food was remarkably awful and inedible don't go here!
- Went here with out of townElleLDined on 4/11/2014Went here with out of town visitors in the mood for Yakiniku. Their chicken wings were great, a bit spicy. The kalbi was well-seasoned, although with more gristle than I'd like. Would also recommend the kim chee fried rice. Mango soju cocktail awesome. Bulgogi also well seasoned but on gristly side. The food was brought out very promptly (especially for a Saturday night). They cooked the meats and brought it to the table (rather than cooking at the table), which was fine cos who wants to smell like BBQ when going out?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!BlackBeltVIPDined on 3/25/2014Not having any experience with Korean food, we were happy to find a place close to the office with good reviews. We had a wonderful experience, mostly due to our fabulous greeter/waiter, Albert. I had called that we were running late, and due to it being on a weeknight, he said no problem. He greeted us at the door when we walked in, then proceeded to walk us thru the menu, Korean beer options, & portion sizes. Everything he recommended was wonderful. He was spot on about NOT ordering too many dishes since they are huge portions. We got one salad, one appetizer (chicken wings were great) & 2 "entrees" all shared between 4 people. And there was food left over since the portions are so large. Albert, thank you for a great experience.Special Features:
- Good for groups, great Korean foodburrataVIPDined on 2/27/2014We went a group of 6. The service was really good and the food was awesome, and quite big portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!MarakimDined on 1/31/2014i searched on yelp for a restaurant in a particular geographic area (near fillmore and Geary) and this was one of the few that had 4 stars. It may have been the only one in this category to have 2 vs. 3 or 4 $ signs. We all enjoyed the food. The portions were generous. The dishes of kim chee etc that they provide to the table before the meal were refilled several times. Overall we were pleased.Special Features: