Squiretown Restaurant + Bar
26 West Montauk Highway
Hampton Bays, NY 11946Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Squiretown Restaurant + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.squiretown.com/
- Phone: 6317232626x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Charles Bishop
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Let Squiretown cater your next special affair. Whether is a private party on premise or a special event at your home let Squiretown make sure it is perfect.
- Entertainment: There are 2 50" HD plasma screens in the bar area which offer the major games, sporting events and movies on DVD Late night guests can enjoy a wide variety of party music.
A word from Squiretown Restaurant + Bar
Welcome to Squiretown Restaurant + Bar, a modern American bistro. We offer raw bar, beautiful salads, a wide array of appetizers, delicious sandwiches, steaks, fresh fish and pasta dishes. Our relaxing 50 seat dining room offers great ambience and service, while the 16 seat bar entertains guests with a wide selection of beers, plenty of space, and refreshing cocktails. Wines from around the world are offered, with many under $40. Everyone is welcome at Squiretown, where you can feel comfortable while enjoying great food with friends, family, business associates, or a date!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Squiretown Restaurant + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- An unfortunate last-minute choiceSorryCharlieDined on 1/17/2014Wasn't happy at all - food took forever to come out, was tricked into a second glass of wine I thought was free, and the food, when it did come out, turned out not to be worth waiting for. First time there, so it's also our last.
- New Year's Eve Dinner 2013HooperDined on 12/31/2013We have enjoyed this Hamptons restaurant before. This time we had an early dinner reservation on New Year's Eve, so the restaurant was not crowded. One of us ordered the bay scallops on the prix fixe menu, the other orichette from the regular dinner menu. Both were good to eat, but not special. Although other diners seemed to be enjoying a chocolate mousse-like dessert, we wouldn't recommend the angel food with fresh fruit . The selection of fruit was excellent, but the cake itself was small and dry.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!Mao67Dined on 11/28/2013My food was simply delicious, friendly service in a great price. This is my third time that I go for Thanksgiving celebration and I believe that each year it gets better. Thank you very much. I'll see you guys again soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surpriseMJTLVIPDined on 11/16/2013Spacious comfortable room. Great staff. Very creative chef. Will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable SquiretownGolfpatDined on 11/2/2013Squiretown never disappoints. The food and service are consistently good. The rolls are brought to the table hot, in brown paper bags. They are delicious. We look forward to our next visit to Squiretown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesMaralynhVIPDined on 10/11/2013Squiretown is consistently good. The food is creative and delicious. The service is always exceptional. I always tell people to try it, I've been there many times and will continue to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walked outjanfarrVIPDined on 10/5/2013We arrived at 6:30 and at 7:50 still did not have our entrees, despite ordering before 7. The service was slow and sloppy, even drinks were not offered, and the table never cleared of empty soda glasses. When we complained we were told that they were "short staffed and there are some people you just can't make happy." The experience was bad, and we will never go back.
- Great Local FareMyvhadlandDined on 9/28/2013Just the place for a nice dinner without leaving town, The food is fresh and local, the service is prompt and friendly. My favorite dish is the bay scallops with polenta and the trigger fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for service, onlyFlyinedDined on 9/7/2013Long wait for service, only two wait staff to handle diners. Kitchen overwhelmed as well. Not going there on Friday or Saturday nights. Food was very good when it finally came.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in HamptonMacNYCVIPDined on 8/23/2013Best restaurant in Hampton Bays and always consistent with quality of food.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good.NNJFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2013We picked this spot based on Open Table reviews. We went a bit early so the bar was quiet. The food was excellent as well as the service. We took out 10,12 year olds who love fresh seafood, they liked the tuna. I recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tries too hardRichBVIPDined on 8/3/2013This is ok restaurant. Service is very good. Food a bit salty and tries too hard. Sometimes simple is better. Don't rush, but a nice place without the typical Hampton's crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hsmptons findPianomomVIPDined on 7/26/2013Reasonable prices, delicious food great service. Prixe fixe dinner and lovely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and wonderfulLIfoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2013Wonderful food and wonderful service--pork belly appetizer and soft shell crabs--can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Website Needs UpdatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013Dinner was wonderful. The food and service were excellent. There was some confusion about the prix fixe advertised on their website. Hopefully it will be updated to let diners know that it isn't available during the summer on Friday and Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for six on Saturday May 25marieDined on 5/25/2013we had reservations for 6 at 7:30 on 5/25. The food was good - the service was bad. The waiter seemed to have an "attitude" or "schtick" - maybe he thought he was funny but his throw away lines and careless responses were not deemed funny by us. He couldn't remember an order. The person who ordered a glass of ice got the lime that someone else ordered and vice versa. We asked for bread 3 times. Two appetizers were brought to our table that were not for us. When our appetizers and main entrees were brought to the table, the young man said "who gets what?" I had to ask for the check at least twice. The waiterthrew the peppermint candies around on the table at the end of the meal. We were extremely disappointed with the service.
- Consistently ExcellentErniecan1VIPDined on 5/25/2013I've dined here several times and the food, whether its fish, steak, or a special, is always excellent. It's my favorite restaurant in Hamoton Bays, and worth the trip from surrounding areas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seafood is especiallydaveDined on 5/24/2013The seafood is especially fresh and good with creative presentations The list of specials should contain prices and when crowed asit waaas when we were there on a holiday wkend they need to supplement the wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time atItzaboutzfoodDined on 4/13/2013This was my first time at Squiretown Restaurant and I was impressed. The menu was full of excellent choices and the wine list covered all the basics without being overpriced. I had the short ribs which unfortunately were overdrowned in sauce, otherwise the food rating would have been excellent. Try the Brussels sprouts, they are out of this world!Special Features:
- really enjoyed this restaurant...ouOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013really enjoyed this restaurant...our waiter Tim was absolutely attentive and pleasant. It is Restaurant week here and so we chose this restaurant to try. Food selection was eh but stuffed flounder was wonderful. Not too thrilled with all the peppers/squash as a veg though. Overall a good place with outstanding service. I would go again. Decor was really sleek and nice.Special Features:
- The food at Squiretown isMaralynhVIPDined on 1/31/2013The food at Squiretown is always fresh, creative and delicious. It is one of my favorite places, I have been there many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food if you don't mindOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/19/2013Good food if you don't mind waiting. Went to Squiretown for the first time, had been meaning to try it since it opened. The menu was delightful, lots of great choices. The service was poor, had to wait to have our order taken, had to wait for about 20 min. for our salads, and had a long wait between the next course. The food itself was good, fresh ingredients, local scallops, great pork and fish. The brussel sprouts were out of this world. We didn't even look at the dessert menu because we were ready to go. But it's a nice option if you are looking for a place in the area.
- The wine list is extensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. The menu is not extensive, but does have wonderful variety and daily specials. There are many gluten free options, and the chef will accommodate food sensitivities. Notable items from our meal included delightful lamp lollipops, a divine short rib and a toasted almond semifredo that defies description. All in all it was well worth the money and we will absolutely go back.Special Features:
- Lovely attention to detail,attentivOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Lovely attention to detail,attentive service,tasty food, all the ingredients for a enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- I felt duped by the advertisementOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/1/2012I felt duped by the advertisement for the restaurant, and the menu is priced too high for the area and quality of food. The chef did not handle a situation professionally--three tiny lamp chops were $18. One was significantly undercooked. Instead of sending out a new plate, the chef cooked what little there was on the bone and sent it back out. We were looking for an American bistro for a quick burger. After being seated, we were told hamburgers weren't served on weekends--not even at the bar. Rather than walk out, we gave it a try. That's the first and last time for us. The restaurant was empty; now we know why.
- Love this place! Every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012Love this place! Every time I come here the staff is warm and inviting. The food is phenomenal. Can't wait to come again!!Special Features:
- Love everything about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/20/2012Love everything about this neighborhood gem................he even makes his own homemade desserts.................his homemade ice cream is divine. love it.Special Features:
- New spot in HamptonsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/20127 of us Three 12 year olds. All ate great. Food very good, served beautifully. Whole experience a wonderful surprise.Special Features:
- Squiretown has been aroundMacNYCVIPDined on 8/24/2012Squiretown has been around a few years in Hampton Bays and I think it is the best in the area. It is right up there with the better restaurants in the East End. Very creative food, nice service and still very much a neighborhood place that you will enjoy.Special Features:
- we have dined here a few timeswatersideVIPDined on 8/15/2012we have dined here a few times previously - no complaints at all. again, this evening, three of us enjoyed an early dinner - service was excellent - staff very pleasant! the cous cous salad was creative and really delicious!! pork belly appetizer was nicely done and tasty. the lobster cocktail pieces were quite small - would have preferred some larger actual chunks of the lobster meat. the strip steak was done perfectly. very nice piece of tuna - was a bit underseasoned, but very good. overall, nice meals!!
- Pleasantly surprised by lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2012Pleasantly surprised by lovely dining room, friendly and attentive service, and excellent local salads, vegetables, and seafood (given rustic and somewhat "tired" facade). Nice quiet option in Quogue/Hampton Bays area.Special Features:
- We have eaten in the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012We have eaten in the restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. However, on our last visit we were not happy,waiter service was poor. Fortunately, the food was great.Special Features:
- Wow. What a wonderful surprise....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2012Wow. What a wonderful surprise....The food was absolutely delicious and upscale...not some neighborhood bar and grill but far more chic and sophisticated. Yet Squiretown is so great they served my 3 grandchildren Pasta with Butter and CHicken nuggets even though they were not on the dinner menu, and they offered it without blinking an eye! My husband HAS to have a table clothe and Squiretown has those too and the most hip, immaculate interior....I could go on and on but discover for yourself this Hampton Bays Mains Street surprise....we will be back ofter! ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood spot inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Great neighborhood spot in Hampton Bays right in town. The restaurant's decor is fresh and has pleasant lighting and seating arrangements. The food was quite good and we all enjoyed our dinners. Nicest place (with A/C as well!) in Hampton Bays, if you ask me!Special Features:
- Wonderful service and ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2012Wonderful service and ambience. The prix fixe dinner menu is a great value. Outstanding for lunch.Special Features:
- We love this restuarant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2012We love this restuarant. Food always great. Wonderful asset for our townSpecial Features:
- We have been to this restaurantreeensVIPDined on 7/2/2012We have been to this restaurant many times and while the restaurant continues to serve really good food the service has deteriorated on each visit. On this night,the hostess was also the bartender so you waited to be seated without her checking the reservation list...why bother making one? We waited a long time to place our drink order and then actually waited 15mins before getting them.I seriously think our waitress had a few cocktails herself as my husband witnessed her fall on the way to the kitchen. There were only 2 waitresses for the whole restaurant...no runner or busboys to help them clear.In fairness,this would make the service very slow no matter how competent the staff. May not go back despite the good food.
- We love Squiretown! My boyfriendNYCfoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2012We love Squiretown! My boyfriend and I go there regularly. The food is outstanding. Always freshly prepared, hot plates - just made for you. The beet box is great. I always have the local fish - superfresh and never a disappointment. The service is fantastic. The bartender is very friendly. There is a lot of attention to detail and customer service. We never leave without the dessert "Elvis would have loved it". :-) The crowd is a nice mix of locals and summer visitors.Special Features:
- Food was very good and preparedBobdiVIPDined on 6/15/2012Food was very good and prepared well. A few gliches with the order, wrong wine brought to the table and oysters were ordered and clams were sent. Had to send the wine and clams back. Delayed dinner.Special Features:
- Food was good..service pleasantreeensVIPDined on 5/12/2012Food was good..service pleasant but a little slow.All in our party of 8 wanted the offered special but they were sold out of the item at 7:00.. that was not only disappointing but odd that early in the evening.Special Features: