The Squeaky Bean
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Squeaky Bean
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thesqueakybean.com/
- Phone: 3036232665x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Cocktail Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Daily
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Bingo Brunch: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Max Mackissock
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Squeaky Bean
Thank you for your interest in The Squeaky Bean! We strive to create a unique and memorable dining experience by offering exceptional cuisine, wine, and cocktails in a cozy, communal atmosphere. Open for dinner 5 nights and Sunday Brunch, our Progressive-Seasonal fare and classicaly-inspired bar program combine to conjure a sense of interest and intrigue. Cocktail hour 4 - 6 pm. Explore your Inner Bean!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Squeaky Bean - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Squeaky Bean reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)special occasion (43)good for groups (38)hot spot (37)neighborhood gem (36)great for brunch (27)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (21)romantic (19)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful Meal!SchultzDined on 9/27/2014We arrived early so the restaurant was quiet. Our server, Eddie, was great. Informed, helpful, not pushy. The food was terrific. I had the Brazino, a whole sea bass, that was delicious and wonderfully moist. My wife had the fried chicken which she loved. All n all, we would be happy to go back.Special Features:
- RobinslineVIPDined on 9/25/2014I had a lovely evening here. Two appetizers made a very generous meal for a single diner. The Benton ham and melon dish was a great twist on the classic, and the crispy Brussels sprouts were garlicky and addictive. The server, Liz, was warm and welcoming, and spot on on her descriptions and recommendations. The combination of a fine dining menu with an upscale pub atmosphere make this a great choice for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger special at lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Order it. It's truly one of the best burgers I've had in a while.Special Features:
- AttentiveCathleeng135Dined on 9/23/2014Considerate and knowledgable staff that brought unique and delicious fresh food to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BULLSEYE SPIN ON OLD FAVESOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014THE SQUEAKY BEAN NAILED THEIR BRUNCH MENU--THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND ATMOSPHERE WAS GREAT AND THE QUALITY AS WELL AS PRESENTATION WAS MUCH BETTER THAN IT NEEDED TO BE GIVEN THAT IT'S SO CASUAL. THE SHRIMP & GRITS ARE PERFECTION, PORK BELLY HASH SEEMED SOMEHOW SUPER SAVORY AND HEALTHY (?!?), AND THE SERVICE WAS ON THE BALL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServicefoodieDined on 9/17/2014The food was wonderful, the service was great. Liz was our server. People very friendly. Drinks were yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Squeaky WHAT????shellybeanDined on 9/13/2014Not one "bean" on the menu...was looking for a place that had more than one vegetarian dish on it besides the salads (which were delicious, by the way). My "veggie" friend was very gracious and is used to this, so everything turned out fine. Great food, though, and very attentive wait staff. Will visit again and bring some other meat eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was disapointingJLouiseVIPDined on 9/11/2014We at heard good things about this restaurant, but found the food to be disappointing. Several of our dishes were over cooked, therefor was dry. Also found it to be a bit over priced for what you received.Special Features:
- wonderfulFoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014In town on business and this restaurant was recommended by the concierge at my hotel. What a great find. Food was fresh and innovative. Love farm to table. I wanted to try everything on the menu. Bartender was exceptionally nice as I was dining alone. The only negative is parking, as it is for all restaurants in that area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The brunch menu was great and the food for all 5 of our party was outstanding. The service was wonderful - made us feel specialSpecial Features:
- Too BadOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014We have been to The Squeaky Bean several times, although it had been a while. Obviously the chef or previous team has departed. It did not have the uniqueness, quality, options nor taste the previous team did. Really too bad. I along with a guest I brought in a party of six, had the lamb. It was all bone and gristle. I will not go back.
- Chef takes risks, that's why we gokudzutigerDined on 9/5/2014Great menus, great local ingredients, it's why restaurants exist that don't serve protein pills.Special Features:
- Farm Fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014All four of the main dishes we enjoyed were all very unique and prepared with farm fresh ingredients from the Squeaky Beans' own farms. The eggplant and Octopus appetizers were delicious. Desserts especially the lemon curd and peach type cobbler were enjoyed by all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBrunoDined on 8/29/2014Dined during Denver Restaurant week - food and service was great. Started with a mixed drink at the bar - creative drinks !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014We'd heard great things about this restaurant. Pretty disappointing. Great space was ruined by large screen tvs with ever-present sports. Mediocre food. Good service but we won't be back.
- It was "ok"jraeraeDined on 8/28/2014I was soooo looking forward to this place after some great reviews. However, I did go on restaurant week and that can be, at some places, a more limited menu. It was just ok. The Kale salad starter was the best part...the Salmon with peppers was a strange combo and the brownie a la mode was like an Little Debbie brownie with some basic ice cream. Nothing special at all. I would really doubt going back there for a full meal and it was one of the places in Denver I was very much looking forward to trying!Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014First time eating here. Super cute place. Our server was awesome-made the difference for the evening. He helped us pick a bottle of wine from their neat, eclectic choices. Then he made sure we enjoyed our entrees-best fried chicken ever! We'll be back for more chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as excitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014I recognize it was restaurant week, where the menu is often simplified to accommodate the fixed price, but the selections did not leave me excited as I had been on a previous visit. The waiter was okay (also compared to a previous visit), and unfortunately that interaction has the ability to color the whole evening. We happened to go somewhere else during restaurant week and found their selection vibrant and inventive given the same constraints. This pulls our expectations of Squeaky Bean down a notch, not to eager to go there the next time. Seems like the edginess of the food has downshifted since they got rid of their chef more than a year ago.............
- Delicious Denver Restaurant WeekAdventuresInEatingDined on 8/26/2014Every Denver Restaurant Week we try a new restaurant that is normally out of our price range. Squeaky Bean didn't disappoint - fried chicken and risotto were both delicious, and we liked the opportunity to order a bunch of plates and taste everything. We ordered a side of the brussel sprouts, which were not part of the restaurant week offerings, but were definitely worth the extra. I'm looking forward to trying brunch and bingo!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We went for restaurant week and while the food was still fantastic, it was not as good as the standard menu. Despite the great restaurant week deals, I think it would be worth it to visit another week.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014The food was ok but the service was awful. We will probably try it again to give it another try because we heard great things, just had a bad experience hopefully.
- Good but something missing...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014The wait and service staff did a great job by promptly greeting us, seating us, taking orders as well as keeping our glasses full. With Restaurant Week you get to experience the supposed menu gems. We tried: Round 1: cucumber gazpacho & kale salad; Round#2: fried chicken thigh and risotto, finishing off with the lemon curd and brownie. Each plate was well dressed but their individual taste was not rounded out, one or more missing factors failed to take each plate beyond simply satisfactory. While we enjoyed our visit and the food was good, it wasn't a memorable meal. While I would visit again, in the competitive Denver dining market it's hard to say that it'll be soon. Simply put, our meal failed to shine this Restaurant Week.
- Slow serviceFoodieDined on 8/21/2014There were five tables occupied during lunch service. The service in both the front and back of house was extremely slow. Lunch should not take over an hour on a work day and the restaurant should realize this. Also, the burrata salad was very small for the price. If protein had not been added to the order, it would have been a insufficient meal. The restaurant has only been open for lunch a short time but they need to improve their service.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014My wife and I were looking for a restaurant near the Pepsi center before a concert. The Squeaky Bean was great find, great food, atmosphere and service. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AerahVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a great experience at the Bean. Bloody Marys were quite tasty and service was professional and prompt.Special Features:
- Maybe just had the best fish everBrendonDined on 8/16/2014I'm not a fish eater. But I've dined at a few awesome fish joints in my life and several other not to write home about. I usually avoid it because I'm likely to be disappointed. Not last week at The Squeaky Bean. My wife went straight for the lamb ragu, we always fight over who is going to get the lamb...she usually wins. Our awesome server eventually made up my mind on what I ordered...and for that he received his tip++. Phenomenal, squid ink soaked salmon with caviar and a side of Brussels sprouts mixed with tangy peanuts. F'n A+ delicious!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOTKateDined on 8/14/2014The food was good, but the service- host, bartender, and server- was terrible. With so many new restaurants to try and old stand-bys with great food and service, we definitely won't be back.Special Features:
- nice surpriseSmrlawdogVIPDined on 8/13/2014Unique menu that doesn't disappoint. service is ok.Special Features:
- Bingo OR BrunchAmyDenverVIPDined on 8/10/2014Granted, we arrived toward the end of the famous Sunday bingo brunch, but they were out of two dishes on the menu, including the only sweet item. We ordered an app because we were hungry, and thank goodness because our main dishes took at least 45 minutes to arrive even though the restaurant was emptying out as we sat there playing bingo. Once each dish arrived they were good, and the app (pimento cheese with bacon jam) was fun and different. I'd go back again if I was more interested in the drinking / bingo than brunch, or at another time, but not a great time to go for the food.Special Features:
- UniqueBradDined on 8/8/2014Unusual, creative menu - not to level of experimental, but several things I had to ask about because I'd never heard of them. And the fried chicken (which always sounds pedestrian) must, MUST, be ordered by at least one person at your table.Special Features:
- Great Date nightKivaTDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I had a very wonderful experience at Squeaky Bean. We had an amazing waiter who made the perfect recommendations for our meal. We enjoyed 4 delicious courses. The pace was slow, but just what we needed to savor our food. My husband almost licked the plate after our Beef Cheek appetizer. Highly recommend for a great dinner spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!LacajunDined on 8/8/2014The food was very well prepared and exceeded my expectations. Our waiter was friendly and helpful in giving suggestions or answering any of our questions. It will definitely be on my list of a place to return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazeballsFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Oh my lanta ... This is legit an amazing restaurant. I never write reviews, but I made sure I did for this place. The food is incredible. Fried chicken. Salad. Meat and cheese appetizer. Surf and turf. It's all like 5 star food. And the service is 100. My waiter seriously was the best. I love this place. Definitely coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slooooooow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014The food was wonderful but the service was terrible. We were seated immediately for our reservation but it took a server nearly 15 minutes to arrive at the table and provide water. Again, is took another 15 minutes before someone took our drink order. We were attending a concert downtown that evening so we didn't have a lot of extra time. The time in between courses (appetizers to dinner) was FOREVER. We had to ask for our check in the middle of dinner to insure we could get out of there without spending additional time. I would not race back to the Squeaky Bean for dinner anytime soon. Even though the food was amazing the service we received made for a not so enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Squeaky BeanPetuniaDined on 8/1/2014Great spot for a lunch meeting, food was good and the restaurant had a nice vibe. Service was moderate, beverages were slowly refilled and the waitress seemed like she may have had better days. We started with the Bean Board and Brussels Sprouts, both excellent and will have again. One person had Spaghetti Eastern, they weren't a fan, the Capresse and Honeymoon sandwiches were a hit, although, I like to eat my sandwich with a knife and fork, I know I know, not possible with the rustic bread. Lunch ran about $90 for 3, including tip and without adult beverages. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Longest Brunch EverllrDENVIPDined on 7/13/2014Management needs to staff the restaurant. There was one bartender and two servers, no bussers. Our brunch became a 2 hour brunch because everyone was so weeded. We spent most of the brunch waiting - for drinks, for food, for water.... Food was good, but don't order the pork belly hash if you expect a lot of hatch chiles. Not much in it. The lamb we were told would be lamb belly but it was shoulder. Still good but not well informed. As I said our server was trying his best so I fault the scheduling not him.
- Loved SBSarahSDined on 7/12/2014We had a great date night at the SB. Loved sitting outside. Our server was excellent. Food very tasty. Check it out!Special Features:
- The squeaky bean never failsbensonandpiperDined on 7/11/2014Such different ingredients that are always pulled together nicely. The food and the staff are just fantastic. We love going to the squeaky bean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not dissapointBladthedog10Dined on 7/10/2014Read the reviews and chose this restaurant because we love the farm to table concept. Some places that claim farm to table are either too groovy or too expensive. This place is neither. very tasty food and good service. We will definitely be back when in Denver.Special Features:
- The Bean is BACK.LoDoGuyVIPDined on 7/9/2014What can I say? The Bean is bringing it with their own quirky, perfectly executed style this year. A fantastic, approachable menu with crazy delicious flavor combos and ingredients treated PERFECTLY. Service has been A+ every time I've dropped in, whether for a business lunch or a late night snack. Taking industry staples like fried chicken, burgers, and brussels sprouts and making them their own has served them very well - the consistency is top notch, and the quirky, fun atmosphere isn't easily replicated in LoDo. Haven't looked at the wine list yet, but cocktails are A+ with top shelf ingredients and attention to detail. A very different experience than 2013, but definitely worth checking out.Special Features: