The Squeaky Bean
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Squeaky Bean
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thesqueakybean.com/
- Phone: 3036232665x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Cocktail Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Daily
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Bingo Brunch: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Max Mackissock
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Squeaky Bean
Thank you for your interest in The Squeaky Bean! We strive to create a unique and memorable dining experience by offering exceptional cuisine, wine, and cocktails in a cozy, communal atmosphere. Open for dinner 5 nights and Sunday Brunch, our Progressive-Seasonal fare and classicaly-inspired bar program combine to conjure a sense of interest and intrigue. Cocktail hour 4 - 6 pm. Explore your Inner Bean!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Squeaky Bean - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Squeaky Bean reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (24)great for brunch (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Longest Brunch EverllrDENVIPDined on 7/13/2014Management needs to staff the restaurant. There was one bartender and two servers, no bussers. Our brunch became a 2 hour brunch because everyone was so weeded. We spent most of the brunch waiting - for drinks, for food, for water.... Food was good, but don't order the pork belly hash if you expect a lot of hatch chiles. Not much in it. The lamb we were told would be lamb belly but it was shoulder. Still good but not well informed. As I said our server was trying his best so I fault the scheduling not him.
- Loved SBSarahSDined on 7/12/2014We had a great date night at the SB. Loved sitting outside. Our server was excellent. Food very tasty. Check it out!Special Features:
- The squeaky bean never failsbensonandpiperDined on 7/11/2014Such different ingredients that are always pulled together nicely. The food and the staff are just fantastic. We love going to the squeaky bean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not dissapointBladthedog10Dined on 7/10/2014Read the reviews and chose this restaurant because we love the farm to table concept. Some places that claim farm to table are either too groovy or too expensive. This place is neither. very tasty food and good service. We will definitely be back when in Denver.Special Features:
- The Bean is BACK.LoDoGuyVIPDined on 7/9/2014What can I say? The Bean is bringing it with their own quirky, perfectly executed style this year. A fantastic, approachable menu with crazy delicious flavor combos and ingredients treated PERFECTLY. Service has been A+ every time I've dropped in, whether for a business lunch or a late night snack. Taking industry staples like fried chicken, burgers, and brussels sprouts and making them their own has served them very well - the consistency is top notch, and the quirky, fun atmosphere isn't easily replicated in LoDo. Haven't looked at the wine list yet, but cocktails are A+ with top shelf ingredients and attention to detail. A very different experience than 2013, but definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food!andyDined on 7/5/2014For our anniversary, we made a reservation at the Squeaky Bean because we'd read the amazing reviews. the food was really unusual and just outstanding. We split a simple wedge salad with this great dressing and bacon jam, if you can believe it. For an entrée, my wife had the fried chicken with sugar snap peas, buttermilk, blackberry, charred leeks (coated in a potato flour so it was GLUTEN FREE). I had the salmon served with black rice, spring onion, almond, rhubarb, beets, herbs. I'm not a big sautéed veggies guy but this was terrifically fresh, unique and light and tasted great; also the salmon was grilled just perfectly. It feels like the Bean works very hard to amp up the taste of traditional dishes in healthy, natural ways.Special Features:
- Superb food and cocktailsmarnio67Dined on 7/5/2014Fortuitously, we arrived early for our admittedly early reservation, which gave us the undivided attention of our waiter to talk with us about the food and the cocktails and their sometimes esoteric ingredients. We savored every bite and every sip! Try the beans with veal bacon and its cheesy sauce and the melt-in-your-mouth beef cheeks. Their menu lends itself to trying several small plates/appetizers, which we like to have instead of a large entree because that enables you to experience different tastes and different preparations. Definitely works here! We were traveling thru, so sadly we can't come back soon, or we'd be there every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchAnne123VIPDined on 7/2/2014Nice decor, great service and good food. Couldn't ask for anything else! Had The mussels, small portion but delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ksonxDined on 6/28/2014The Squeaky Bean was the perfect fit for a date night out! The food was wonderful, the service was amazing, and the space was busy but not crowded.Special Features:
- Not the best in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2014This restaurant is just okay. When it was in the Highlands, I remember it being much more special. In its new location (which is a great spot, no doubt), it seems to have lost a lot. The mussels we ordered were okay, nothing unusual, and my salmon was cooked perfectly - but on a bed of what appeared to be the cheapest of vegetables possible (with some random purees thrown in to look fancy). Dessert was a complete miss. I had the lemon "birthday" cake -- absolutely awful. The fruit cobbler was okay, and the chocolate dish was just okay as well. For well over a $100 per couple (which included one $40 bottle of wine split amongst 4) I didn't think anything about the experience was outstanding.
- Bingo Bruch - Do It!CDubDined on 6/22/2014Some of our friends were skeptical about the invitation for The Squeaky Bean's Bingo Brunch - but we all had a wonderful time!!! Granted... the bingo board lights kept flickering off/on, but the MC was hilarious and just incorporated it into the whole experience. Just note that conversations are a little tough since everyone is listening for the next number & you're busy checking your board while trying to eat at the same time, so my suggestion would be to maybe get there a little early to have brunch & stick around for bingo after. Language is adult so I'd avoid bringing the little ones. Great food, great cocktails, & great fun for Sunday Funday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new placeJankossVIPDined on 6/21/2014We visited for the first time and were seated promptly. Our waiter came over to get our drink order and then gave us all the time we needed to study the menu. The only disappointment was that there were not more choices. My husband had the fried chicken after we shared a carbonara appetizer. I had the quail. My daughter had Brussels sprouts for her first course followed by the carbonara for her main. My son in law had the saddle of lamb after a house salad, which was huge.Special Features:
- Funky place to celebrate..anything!ZebberdeeDined on 6/20/2014I honestly don't know where to begin! The decor of the Squeaky Bean is so cool and the service was incredibly friendly. Our server spent as long as we needed answering our questions about the food and drink even though the place was jam packed on a Friday night. And now for the food! Farm to table (and they own their own farm!) and, by far, the most creative meal we had on our entire time in Denver! We enjoyed the beef cheeks burrata salad, quail, squid ink spaghetti with shrimp and chili breadcrumbs, fried half chicken and the saddle of lamb. And the portions were larger than they first appeared! Even the menu descriptions did not give the food justice. It was all outstanding! And they brought me the lemon cake as it was my birthday!Special Features:
- Never dissapoint youTastyanddeliciousDined on 6/20/2014This was our third visit and the menu was unique and what we ordered was quite tasty. There were 4 of us so we started with the cheese board. A great choice and the beginning of a delightful meal while dining outside on a beautiful Colorado night. A bit pricey but the food is worth it since it is always so fresh, unique combinations, delightful to your taste buds and accompanied by efficient and fun servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchJennaBVIPDined on 6/15/2014We ate here for their Sunday Bingo brunch. It's a really fun concept and something that makes them stand out. The food was really good, though they were out of about 4 things we tried to order. It was a really nice experience minus the service. It took our waitress about 10 minutes just to come over and introduce herself. She wasn't very personable then, and took another 15 minutes just to bring us our drinks. It was just a bit frustrating not to feel like you're being checked in on, especially when you're waiting to eat your meal and haven't been brought a spoon to eat it with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wentodineVIPDined on 6/15/2014We've been here twice... Dinner and brunch. Both were fantastic. The food has some unique twists and mouth watering delicious. Our service both times were excellent. You have to try Brunch here ... especially with the BINGO. A really fun Sunday afternoon. We'll be back.Special Features:
- PleasantDfishDined on 6/10/2014Small menu changes often but food is good; best salmon I have had in a long time service was excellent even though we were early diners bread was very good and they make their own butter with honey could have dined on that aloneSpecial Features:
- The SuperSqueaky BeanKimberlyDined on 6/7/2014We visited The Squeaky Bean to celebrate a very special college graduation and took friends to entertain. From our first cocktail order to appetizers, entrees and desserts, every single moment was spectacular. Brody (oh, I hope that's right because he really was unforgettable, but I'm not always great with names) was one of the finest food professionals I've come across. Drinks were memorable and entertaining, but not so complicated, as many adult beverages have become. Don't miss the Benton's ham appetizer, but each one we had was wonderful. Six of us had 5 different entrees, and we each raved over ours, and even shared a few bites. Dessert was the perfect touch-my personal fav was their spin on Pot du Creme in chocolate. Just GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and MenuDenverDined on 6/7/2014Squeaky Bean is always changing their menu, which is terrific. The foot is always outstanding and the chef will take the time to talk to you about his meals and what he is doing next. It is a great place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change of paceKokoDined on 6/3/2014Went here for dinner on a Tuesday evening and had a nice dinner and great service. The menu is somewhat limited but both of our entrees were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every. Damn. Time.RedsayerDined on 5/30/2014The squeaky bean is not always in our price range...but when it is, we have an amazing time! From exceptional drinks to inventive and delectable food--they just don't stop. The servers are hilarious, insightful, and just about perfect. If you're splurging anywhere else in Denver, you need to come here. Just once. Then you'll be back again and again!Special Features:
- Love Squeaky BeantigertigerVIPDined on 5/28/2014Always something different and imaginative going on at the Bean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoodieFoodieVIPDined on 5/22/2014We visited Squeaky Bean for the first time last week. The food was delightful - brussel sprouts with a Thai flair, an unusual eastern style spaghetti with squid ink noodles, and beef two ways. The beef was tender, flavorful, and juicy. The spaghetti was a trip, and well-worth a try. The red berry galette, served steaming hot in a skillet, topped off the culinary experience very well. While the food was delicious, we found our server to be a little over the top with overtly and promoting various menu items. I don't mind suggestions or explanations, but I don't appreciate a sales job. I hope that this behavior was unique to our server and not an overarching philosophy at this restaurant.
- Uniquely right!Denver400Dined on 5/17/2014Each item that we ordered at the Squeaky Bean was a unique preparation of wonderful fresh things treated to a maximizing flavor development process. The ubiquitous brussels sprout in the very capable hands of Squeaky Bean was a combination of crunchy but slightly charred, briny, pistachio, peanut and the ultimate interesting but crown, cornflakes. Flavor wise, it was up hill from there. Yum!
- Great, great, great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014I've eaten at the Bean several times now. Absolutely wonderful! Always creative. I will be honest and say that I was worried when Max left. But Theo has left nothing to be desired! I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre , at bestJordanVIPDined on 5/11/2014The eggs benedict muffin was brittle and burnt , the eggs warm , not hot. The hash lacked veggies on my plate and pork on my son`s . The potatoes on the hash tasted and looked they were frozen and thrown in a quick fryer. The bloody mary undrinkable...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent dining experience. Creative and fresh menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was goodscott5864VIPDined on 5/9/2014I wish the menu had been up dated on the web site,i had trouble finding something to eat, i got the Lamb Shank but it was covered with English Pea puree and i don't like pea's, the lamb was good but i had to scrape the peas off , the Uncle Jessie was great and the App's were Great,My wife 's meal was also very good. This is a great place to eat i will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/3/2014Nice drinks and wine list. Some ambitious combinations of things in dishes. Some worked, others just were kind of a mess. Credit for trying, but simplifying things might have helped. The good: Beet starter, Octopus/Ribeye starter, House made sausage was solid. The Octopus was quite tasty - probably my favorite of the night. The messy: Lamb shank - was undersalted and just had too much going on - fell flat. Cool room/location, but felt kind of canned/unauthentic to me. Waitress was great. I wouldn't make it a point to return, but wouldn't avoid it either if someone invited me along. Decent restaurant.
- Not inpressed!BarbsyDined on 4/26/2014The staff was friendly, but it was too noisy and very small portions for the prices that were charged. Although the food had a good flavor, we did get what we paid for.
- KeenanDined on 4/26/2014Everything was delicious, especially the brussel sprouts and quail dishes! Will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMedit8chykDined on 4/26/2014Six of us were seated in the bar. We shared half a dozen plates of appetizers and then moved on to the entrees. The vegetarian dish was by far the best of the bunch. Oh, and the cocktails were fabulous. Desserts were lovely. The wait staff was attentive to our gluten free friend.Special Features:
- Disappointingaac1128VIPDined on 4/25/2014We had really been looking forward to dining here for quite some time. We were all very disappointed in the quality of our entrees. Sadly, We will not return.Special Features:
- Changed MenuKtMacDined on 4/25/2014I used to love the 4 course meal for $60 deal. Pretty disappointed that they changed it. Now, the courses are "chef's choice" and you don't get to choose your own meals.Special Features:
- Great for foodiesLuvhealthyfoodDined on 4/25/2014For those who thrive on healthy unique cuisine, this is the place!! Wonderful food, great service, quality food! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter brunch and it was delightful- they even sent us home with flowers! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS FOR FOODIES...FANTASTIC!SandydesignsDined on 4/19/2014FOOD CHOICES ARE UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFULLY EXECUTED...WE ENOYED EVERY BITE. "OUT OF THE BOX" DRINK & WINE MENU. THE BEAN CARRIES UNUSUAL SELECTIONS NOT FOUND IN OTHER ESTABLISHMENTS THAT ARE REASONABLY PRICED TO PAIR WITH THE DISHES. GREAT IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT. "THE SQUEAKY BEAN" IS EASILY MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN DENVER.Special Features:
- Trying too hardFoodloverDined on 4/17/2014First time at the new location & my memory of the Squeaky Bean was much better than this recent experience. The service was attentive but the food tried too hard. The chicken pate was probably the highlight of the meal. But our entrees were salty & fussy with too much going on too appreciate the real flavors. And the same applied to the pot au crime for dessert. Didn't feel worthy a repeat visit.
- Excellent BruchSjoliesDined on 4/13/2014We loved that they did reservations. The service was prompt. The food was good except for the side of bacon. It is made with something icky sweet and there was too much of the icky sweet. In fact, there was a puddly of the icky sweet stuff left on the plate when the bacon finished. Other than that, great place. We'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite downtown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2014This is currently the best restaurant in downtown Denver! Amazing food, friendly professional service, and doesn't break the bank. Truly an excellent establishmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.