Square One Brewery & Distillery
1727 Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63104Neighborhood:
Soulard / Benton Park
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Square One Brewery & Distillery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.squareonebrewery.com/
- Phone: 3142312537
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday ~ Kitchen: 11am-10pm, bar open until 1:30am.
Friday-Saturday ~ Kitchen: 11am-11pm, Light Night Menu until midnight, Bar open until 1:30am.
Sunday ~ Kitchen: 10am-9pm, Brunch served 10am-2pm, Bar open until Midnight.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mr. Sean Scott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We want to work with you to create the perfect catered event. You can relax and be confident that your guests or business associates will have great fresh food delivered on time and we will work with you to stay within your budget but still offer something that you will be proud to serve.
- Private Party Facilities: Look to Square One for you next party event. We have a separate party room with a private deck overlooking our courtyard. It is our goal to create your party your way and our options are endless. We can provide an elegant sit down dinner or a wide variety of choices for an appetizer buffet. Our dining room holds 48 people for a sit down dinner or up to 60 for a cocktail appetizer party.
- Private Party Contact: Olivia Reim 3142312537
A word from Square One Brewery & Distillery
We are committed to our guests with an obsession for unique brews and spirits, and a passion for good food. The setting is a restored historic building with large outdoor beer garden making our restaurant a one of a kind dining destination. Our menu is large and varied with each dish having a special twist to make it our own. Our on site brewery provides up to 12 beers on tap including ales, pilsners, imperials, cask conditioned ales and seasonal beers. As St. Louis' first micro-distillery we ferment and distill rum and vodka (both straight and with spices and all natural botanicals) gin, and some very tasty liqueurs to be tasted in our Spirits Flight or mixed into your favorite cocktails. We have a full service bar and an excellent wine list with over 20 wines all available by the glass or bottle. Square One Brewery and Distillery is a fun relaxed place and a great way to indulge in all the aspects of a fine dinging experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Square One Brewery & Distillery - Best Restaurants in Soulard / Benton Park ›
Square One Brewery & Distillery reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (51)neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (19)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (15)special occasion (12)romantic (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A wonderful bargainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed brunch outdoors on the attractive patio with good food and cheery service at a great price. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Our table was waiting for us. We had a group of 7. Waiter, Kevin, was superb. Very informative & efficient. Food was excellent.
- Consistant great foodLashVIPDined on 8/24/2014Consistently serving delicious food, along with the best mixed drinks and cold beer(their own micro brewed). All done with a wait staff that know what they are doing and always a friendly smile. Their Sunday brunch can't be beat . Good variety on the menu and it's all good! We don't miss too many Sunday brunches, with friends. Really good patio here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I liked the bar area - the bartenders were friendly and helpful in explaining brews. The staff was polite and attentive. The dining room area was VERY noisy. Noise baffles are on the ceiling, but they did not help with the noise level. We dined at 7:30p on a Saturday night - we were expecting mostly an adult crowd, but the dining room was filled with families, with young children, which contributed to the noise factor. The food was good and the beers were good. I will give it another try - however, I will plan to arrive later to avoid children. (P.S. I had young children once too and understand you still want a nice place to dine. However, when you go out on a Saturday night, you hope to be able to have a conversation.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a nice pre-concert stopMOSkiDined on 8/17/2014The beer was good, the food was greasy and the outdoor patio was very nice. I wouldn't go out of my way to get here again but it was a nice csual dining sppot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2-times not the charmTrishandMattDined on 8/17/2014The first visit, we were not too happy with the food. I am always looking for a good Rueben and had to order it. Definitely would not order it again. There was so much fat on the sandwich that I had to pull it a part to eat it. The scotch egg was overcooked and dry. Our other guests did not have anything great to say about their meals either. The restaurant does have a nice outdoor patio and the menu has a lot of options, so we thought we would try it again for brunch. Service was fine, food again was not impressive. My husband and I both thought we would have made a better breakfast at home. My husband loves craft beer, and Square One has a great selection. We may be back for the beer, but won't make a point to go there for a meal.
- a Real St. Louis GemdiningveteranDined on 8/16/2014This is a real gem. I was visiting from out of town and wanted to try some local microbrews. After a few online searches my wife foung Squire One. Everything we saw told us this was the place to be. We arrived to find the place to have a real local hangout vibe. The main dinning room has fewer then 20 tables! All the staff were super frendly and willing to spend a few secounds answering our questions. Every thing we ate was super tasty. My ruban was the best I have ever tasted. The beer list was extensive. Unfortunally I did not try the in house spirits but most peaple around us had bottle on thier tables. My wife is already planning a return trip to STL just to eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- reasonably pricedlipserviceDined on 8/16/2014We were totally overwhelmed by how great our meal was at Square One. We ordered a lot of appetizers and they were all fantastic! The trio of dips, the pub chips, the pretzels snd the wings were all way above average! Our group loved the chili, the ribs, the pulled pork sandwich, the grown up grilled cheese and the chicken sandwich! Can't wait to go back... Soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of pot roastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014My wife took me here specifically so she could get the pot roast but they were out of it, so that kind of soured our mood. She got chicken and I got a Bratwurst burger. They were both ok. The drink menu was big and had lots of original creations, so if you're an adventurous drinker then this is your place. They had a kids menu so maybe next time we'll bring the kids, but for sure we'll call to make sure they're not out of the pot roast. We ate outside, which was nice. Service was good and waitress was knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features:
- Great food and spiritsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2014While we didn't try any of the house-made brews, we did try several of the distillery's options with our dinner, and they were excellent. The food was very good and the patio area is perfect for a lazy summer evening dinner, or anytime.Special Features:
- Always goodhowarc1Dined on 8/4/2014My second time here.just as good as I remembered. Great soups, salads, and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 8/3/2014Everything about this place was great, as always. Have always had delicious food here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for large groups WITH KIDSOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014We had a party of 12 (4 of which were children ages 2 - 10) While the children were good..... the food wait time exhausted their patience. 30 mins for 4 kids meals - 40 minutes from placing the order to table for remaining ADULT orders. I take responsibility for having chosen to bring a group which included 4 kids. SQUARE ONE IS A GREAT PLACE WITH WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE AND GREAT FOOD. People come there to relax and enjoy a comfortable atmosphere. Adults with 1 or 2 children would be fine. 8 adults with 4 children too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great as always!! Food is always prepared as ordered. Best seafood omelet I've ever found. Really good Bloody Mary's to go with brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnaDateDined on 7/25/2014We only had drinks because we were on a first date. Even though we did not eat, the food looked amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delightful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014I have gone to this restaurant for over 5 years and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything about this place is just great. All food, drinks, beer, service & atmosphere is just the best. And the patio is so relaxing (and usually filled).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nite out -- outsideKLHSDined on 7/15/2014great food --- fabulous service -- enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Must Be Kid FriendlyOnADateDined on 7/14/2014For a micro-brewery I was SHOCKED at the amount of children there. Let me first just say, kids don't bother me. Misbehaved kids do, however. Now, I know the restaurant has NO CONTROL over who brings their kids and what type of parents eat at their restaurant, but whoa. We sat on the patio, like we have several times. It's great. Service was very prompt and our waitress was very friendly and attentive - a welcomed change to the last time we dined here. Food was great as it was before too and for that reason and because the place is just cool and the beer is good I'll definitely return. The kids with their parents that didn't care what they did made it a little less enjoyable. Maybe next time we'll look to see where the children are then sit.Special Features:
- We always leave impressedToniDined on 7/13/2014This has really become our favorite restaurant. My boyfriend and I started coming here about 2 years ago and always think about the food for days after we visit. The service is friendly, knowledgeable and just all around good people to be around. The ambiance is beautiful. I really can't say enough about how awesome this place is. We went for brunch the other day for my boyfriend's birthday, which we had never experienced, and again everything was delicious. The Bavarian Weizen Chicken and Pot Roast is always a favorite of ours as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 7/13/2014Consistant great Sunday brunch. something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but LOUDChefbertieDined on 7/12/2014The food was good and hot. Beer was tasty. Our waitress was good but she had indoors and patio. it was loud! We had to shout to hear each other. That's what would keep me away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Square OnebkbabbDined on 7/11/2014We went because it looked interesting on the webpage and to buy our son-in-law a bottle of scotch. Food was good. Loved being able to see barrels through floor of dining room. Quaint neighborhood. Found out later a friend from church goes there regularly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014The food was good as usual, but our server was great at recommending beverage pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 6/29/2014Square one consistently serves great food and drinks/beer. The service is just as good.. Their Sunday Brunch is the best! Would recommend any item on the menu, as I have tried most all of them. Bartender makes a killer Bloody Mary. And, being a micro brewery, they have some of the best beer, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The menu looked great, but we were disappointed. Overcooked meat and veggies, and underwhelming sandwiches. Great drinks and dessert. If their food gets to the level of their beer it will be a perfect place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchDivaDinerDined on 6/15/2014Service issues and lack of preparedness for Father's Day. Ran out of Scotch eggs ( which we waited on for 15 min. before being told), pancake batter, cinnamon rolls. Food was good but I would not go on a holiday brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- not great serviceFathersdayDined on 6/15/2014Server must have been new because we waited forever for food. When the food arrived, it was wrong. She tried to convince me that what I ordered was correct when it was clearly written different on the menu. Father's Day was not exactly enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad service, cool placeOnADateDined on 6/9/2014I ate dinner here several years ago but hadn't been here to eat since. My girlfriend and I came to Square One a couple weeks back to have some beers and sit on the patio. The patio is awesome. We said we had to come back to try the food because the menu looked awesome. We decided to come here with some family that was visiting, again sat on the patio but this time in the covered area due to rain. Still a great patio even when covered. We ordered some apps, salads and soups to have before our meal. The service was EXTREMELY slow. Our apps didn't come out for quite some time. When it (the goat cheese spinach dip) finally did, it was cold. We asked to have it reheated. Once we got past that, dinner was fantastic, food was delicious.Special Features:
- beautiful outdoor seatingAlanDined on 6/6/2014Excellent outdoor! Inside seating is very average, which offsets the average score.Special Features:
- LashVIPDined on 6/1/2014The food, drinks/beer & service is consistently outstanding! A regular Sunday brunch place for us. But it is good anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Feel and BeveragesIPA4sureDined on 5/24/2014This was just my second visit to Square One and first for dinner. Arrived shortly before 9 on a holiday weekend and had a short wait at the very cool bar, with very good craft beer descriptions from the bartender. Food service was very good for how busy they were and food quality was superb (fried grouper and Cuban pulled pork) Will come back with more friends next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014Dinner salad portion confused me as a side salad portion. Vegetable soup is canned veggies, not fresh. One person's of meatloaf came out cold. Another person's salad was scraped (w/ remaining items) they asked for w/o on their salad
- Great Girls Night Out Spot!EpicuriousDined on 5/23/2014Five of us went to the Square One Brewery for dinner based upon a friend's recommendation. Had made reservations, wanted to sit out on the patio but they don't reserve the patio...so we ate inside. Interesting interior, Plexiglas inset to the floor so we could see through to the distillery! Sat near the large fermentation tanks for the beer. Several of us tried the beers, and they were really great flavorful micro-brews. A few of us tried spirits and these were also excellent. Best part of the evening was the food, great chef must be there because we all thought the food was to die for! The only downside was the waitress who seemed a little overly busy. If you go sit in the outside patio it is beautiful with a lovely fountain.Special Features:
- Monday nightreviewDined on 5/12/2014We needed a place to relax and enjoy a delicious meal on Monday night. My husband had the Cuban pulled pork with the recommended IPA beer and I had Cassoulet with the Light Squared ale. White beans and roasted vegetables simmered in a rich broth then finished with Gruyere cheese and tasted corn bread crumbs. The brussel sprouts were especially good. Although the Cubs were giving the Cardinals a bad time downtown, we had a great time at Square One.Special Features:
- Shrimp and GritsstldevilDined on 5/9/2014I had the mushroom raviolis and it was good, my wife had the shrimp and grits and it was fantastic.Special Features:
- The following 326 reviews are from the Square One Brewery & Distillery reviews archive.
- Wonderful Spot!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Had guests in for the Easter Holiday, they absolutely loved the food and the location, thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Awesome wait staff! Excellent food. A favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than beerstandsureDined on 4/19/2014Square One is a microbrewery with great beers but they have so much more. The food is delicious, and their own distillery makes great liquors. The patio seating is ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2014The service was very slow, just over an hour for a brunch order during which time we had to flag our waitress down for water refills and drink orders. The ambiance is great, but not worth the wait. This has been true of past visits, but this won the award for longest wait for an order .the waitress was great at passing our table without making eye contactSpecial Features: