116 Avenue Rd,
Toronto, ON M5R 2H4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spuntini.ca/
- Phone: 4169621110x
- Hours of Operation:
Evenings from 5pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Spuntini Ristorante
From homemade pasta to the freshest seafood, Spuntini quietly boasts of an intimate atmosphere with a menu that caters to the tasts of the most discerning palate. Candlelit tables and a friendly staff make this restaurant feel like home, catering to your every whim. Centerally located in Yorkville Village, Spuntini is within walking distance of The Four Seasons Hotel, The Park Hyatt, The Windsor Arms, The Inter Continental, Howard Johnson's as well as the nearby Royal Ontario Museum.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Spuntini Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
Spuntini Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (16)romantic (14)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great service/atmosphere, ok food.BillyVIPDined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed the comfy atmosphere and friendly service of Spuntini, however, our meals were lacking in flavour. I had the lobster/crab ravioli which was covered in a very heavy cream sauce but left more to be desired.The lamb shank special fell off the bone but again, the sauce was under seasoned- a bit more flavour and you would have had a terrific dish. The burrata had lovely texture but also lacked flavour.I was hoping for something similar to Origin's burrata on crostini, but this dish came dismantled and the proscuitto didn't add much to the burrata. We ate it separately. On the other hand, the wine selection was lovely and reasonably priced for Yorkville. We would return to give it another chance as our dining companions love Spuntini
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Spuntini. The service and food were both wonderful and when they did not have the wine we requested they gave up a more expensive one at for the same price which was nice gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistent restaurantshelleycDined on 10/9/2014We always come back. The service and food is consistently excellent. If you want a sure bet, this is the place to go. Great value too - especially in Yorkville. You will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but nothing specialalextacyDined on 9/24/2014Food and service were both fine. Nothing to complain about, but nothing amazing or special, either. I don't regret having eaten here, but I don't think I'll be back, either. We both had veal, which was quite tasty, however the chocolate lava cake dessert was quite generic and unimpressive; pretty sure it had been frozen and microwaved.Special Features:
- SpuntinitorontofoodieDined on 9/9/2014We met some friends from out of town here. They had never been to Spuntini and thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone enjoyed their meal. One of us had pizza and he claimed it was the best pizza he had ever had. Two of us had Halibut and it was delicious and perfectly cooked. One had a veal chop which was also delicious. We came early during TiFF and had a lovely, quiet table in front of an open window with a view to the street. And dessert was equally delicious. It was a very good meal. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantlove2dineDined on 8/16/2014The food, service and ambience is excellent! The staff are amazing and very friendly! The food is very tasty and the ambience is enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaddybDined on 8/12/2014I took my wife there for her birthday,we had an excellent evening the food and service were first class,I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favouriteEating4lifeDined on 8/2/2014For Avenue Road/Davenport established restos, Spuntini is a gem. Service is always great, attentive and special touches make returning an easy decision. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014We had dinner there midweek! When we arrived, we were offered several tables to choose where we wanted to sit! Service is lovely, food was delicious! We shared a salad with eggplant wrapped around goat cheese. Yummy! One of us ordered a mushroom pasta, another a pasta in a rosee sauce and also a spigola whole fish dinner! Everything tasted awesome! Great spot for dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelissaDined on 7/26/2014Great as always and worth the drive! Such great energy, service, and food. Always feel welcomed!
- Great DiningGreatVIPDined on 7/24/2014From the moment we walked in to the end of our evening our server Eddy was simple amazing. He is a true asset to the restaurant. It was my friends first time there and loved everything about our dining experience and will return with ours. The food, wine and staff are all wonderful. Would not hesitate to recommendSpecial Features:
- DisappointedTorontoDinerVIPDined on 7/8/2014I've been to Spuntini's a number of times. Typically the service is decent and the food is good. This time however, things were very different. 1) When we got there, they couldn't find our reservation. Once they determined that they did indeed have a reservation we had to wait 20 mins to be seated. 2) Once seated, we waited another 15 mins before anyone came by for a drink order. 3) My wife wanted extra 'hummus' and we were told that they will have to see if the kitchen has any, this is their staple dip, why wouldn't they have it. Anyways, no one came by with it nor did they tell us that the were out. 4) The waiters were extremely rude and unhelpful. The last one ruined our evening and sparked this review.Special Features:
- The following 178 reviews are from the Spuntini Ristorante reviews archive.
- DeliceEsterinaVIPDined on 6/18/2014Food was great and very friendly service. The Drnks were plentifull and made to our perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointingYorkvilleVIPDined on 6/13/2014Dinner at Spuntini was the most disappointing. From the service to food and the table itself - all was a miss. Our table was right beside the wine, the water pitcher and cheese so they would swoop in right over us and take these heavy items right over our heads and not even mention it! It took 30 minutes to get the wine (had to ask again) and then when the appetizer came the only request of 'no peppers' was ignored and I got extra peppers. They argued and said they thought I meant cracked pepper instead of just going to re-make it. Then, when my main meal came out - it also had peppers! Our server was also never around. Our neighbour broke a glass and after 10 minutes, they got up to find someone to clean it. Waste of money, don't bother!
- Food's good...service so soeddielukDined on 6/10/2014This was my first time and found the food were great & tasty. The waiter showed un-pleased when we told him that we were sharing the dinner among the 4 of us....I was with 3 ladies and they are not that hungry so I ordered 3 starters and 3 mains and he kept telling me there were only 3 mains ordered.... what a jerk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good....but could be great!TOFoodieDined on 5/31/2014We have dined here several times over the last couple of years...the food is consistently good. Portion sizes are small though, and always leave there feeling hungry despite having three courses. Should not have to fill up on bread to fill the stomach! Service is good, although the pacing of the meal is more like a chain restaurant than a dining experience. You can be finished in under 1 hour 15 minutes...would rather have a bit of a break between courses. The noise level of this restaurant is high, and once it is full it is hard to carry on a conversation without raising your voice. All the elements are there for this to be a great restaurant...it just falls short!
- Yes!MattDined on 5/11/2014Great restaurant, food and service was delicious. Perfect for Mother's Day dinner! Will be back.Special Features:
- A wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014The best Penne alla Vodka .... I would return to Toronto just to dine at this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Intuitive ServiceJaxMattVIPDined on 4/11/2014Our server was clearly well versed in reading his guests. Our needs were anticipated but the service was never intrusive. It was just the right touch. We were so involved in our own romantic evening, we barely noticed the restaurant that was buzzing around us has almost emptied. It was the perfect evening, and we definitely chose the perfect spot to share it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Spuntini!SB13Dined on 4/5/2014Been coming here for many years and will keep coming back. Came with a group of girlfriends this time, and everyone loved their food - main course and dessert. The service was great...as it always is. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Location!LyublanaDined on 3/27/2014The location is everything for this restaurant in the heart of Yorkville, near Bloor and Avenue Roads. Cosy atmosphere. Very solicitous wait crew. Very enjoyable food, well prepared. Adequate wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. GreetedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Great food and service. Greeted warmly and treated as if we were long time guests. We felt well looked after through whole the meal and the staff seemed to know exactly when to check on us. Everyone's food was spot on and the portions were just right. We are already planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent ambience. Food isimaryamDined on 3/12/2014excellent ambience. Food isi excllent, service excellent, desert superb!!! Wine list excellent. the only issue i have with this restaurant is that the front upper room is really cold in the winter time other than that, it was overall and excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be returningdelphineDined on 3/7/2014I had dinner with a friend here on a Friday night, and it turned out to be an awful decision. The food was great, but the service was exceptionally bad enough to warrant never coming back. I had a reservation, but was seated 30 minutes late (and was told 3 times "it'll take 2 minutes"). I was charged for the wrong dessert, which was more expensive than what I ordered. My friend and I split the bill, but my credit card was charged twice and the waiter was annoyed that I asked him to cancel the charges and correct it. This place will become a "has been", which is a pity because the food is fantastic. There are too many other great Italian restaurants in Toronto for me to come back here and be treated poorly.Special Features:
- Amazing pasta and servicesteakloverVIPDined on 3/6/2014you get treated like gold no matter what wine you order !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpuntiniskrieserVIPDined on 3/1/2014Spuntini is our favorite restaurant in Toronto. It is reliable, consistant, staff are wonderful and the food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Valentine's DaySIFCODined on 2/15/2014We didn't know what to expect as we had not been there for years. It did not disappoint. Ou reservation was honored right on time and we were seated right away. Our waiter was quick, monitored us frequently and he had a great personality. The food was very good. My wife had a pasta and I had a veal, both bursting with flavour. And the pricing was reasonable. The only knock is considering it is a small space, diners are packed in and the noise level was a bit high. But it did not take away from an overall nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been 5 starsShawnDined on 2/14/2014Our reservation was for 9:30 but they overbooked or something for Valentine's Day and we didn't get seated until 10:40pm. Great food but a reservation is made for a reason and the fact we had to stand in line which was out the door and was very cold took away from what this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBrandinDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for Valentines day and as soon as we entered the restaurant we were treated with respect and felt very wanted. The food was fantastic although a little pricey it was overall well worth it. Our waiter god forbid neither of us can't remember his name was pleasant and warm, someone who I wish would serve us at any restaurant we went to. The scenery and environment like was very romantic and I definitely recommend this to restaurant to any couple looking for a night out!Special Features:
- SolidLuluDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our meal, service was good. Solid experience, would recommend to friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2014Wow, first time attendance and we were a group of six ladies talking business and we all had different items - outstanding by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patience requiredDjangoVIPDined on 1/30/2014Booked this on basis of previous Open Table reviews. Very pleasant spot. We had a nice table in the front verandah overlooking Avenue Road. The food was OK, if not outstanding. I ordered Veal Milanese which sounded very Italian but it came out as Wiener Schnitzel. (Fortunately, I happen to like Wiener Schnitzel, but think others who don't would have been disappointed). Generous portions. Service was quite slow between courses. OK if you are there to hold hands with your sweetie, but off-putting if you are hungry and chowing down on the bread. Very good and reasonable wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!StavDined on 1/27/2014My friends in Toronto give me a hard time because I always want to come here when I come to town (4 - 6 times a year). There are other restaurants in the city they tell me, and I do try other restaurants while here but why not go back to what you really like because I know I'm going to get great food and fab service.... All the time, every time and that is what's important. Give it a try, I promise it won't disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodirisDined on 1/19/2014Amazing food and lovely service. Loved the restaurant. Only flaw is the limited parking spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service.. it was a quietyadayada84Dined on 1/5/2014Great service.. it was a quiet night due to the storm, but our waiter was very attentive and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!KJSteamboatVIPDined on 12/31/2013We went to Spuntiini on New Years Eve and had a fabulous meal! The service was wonderful, and we look forward to going back! Sometimes on New Years Eve, things tend to slip in service and quality, but everything was beyond our expectations. We loved that the restaurant was "quaint" and yet comfortable. I recommend this restaurant highly! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable New YearsDouglasDined on 12/31/2013Booked our first visit to Spuntini after many years of intent. Should not have waited so long! Great food, superb service and excellent Italian wine. There is a reason why Spuntini has been a Toronto success story for so many years...they know the recipe for a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013Our waiter was lovely but a little slow. I loved my dish (linguini di mare), my date however was not that impressed with the lamb dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was sub-par. SeafoodFoodieNMDined on 12/27/2013Food was sub-par. Seafood salad appetizer seemed like it was assembled from the frozen section at a grocery store. Lobster ravioli filling tasted processed. The restaurant was also quite cold. Wine was good as usual.
- Unforgettable birthday celebrationpfernsDined on 12/23/2013A group of 12 of us went to Spuntini to celebrate my husbands birthday. The staff were very accommodating...I increased our guest list twice the day before :) The server was very knowledgable, advising wine pairings and specials of the day. They brought out a tirimisu with a candle in it for my husbands birthday...so nice. The food was amazing! I recommend the four chesse gnocci! This is the second birthday celebration we had at Spuntini and will definately plan another group event there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.