1537 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02861Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.spumonisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (401) 726-4449
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: George Panas Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Get Spumoni"s great food and old world atmosphere delivered right to your home or business. When you don't have time to come to us, we bring the best of everything to you! Catering buffet menus start at just 12.99 per person. Or pick up our Party Platters for all your entertaining needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private or semi-private dining room for your intimate personal celebrations, cocktail parties or business gatherings. Have Spumoni"s craft a truly unique group dining experience for you and your guests!
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Kazarian 4017264449
- Entertainment: Join in the fun at our bar and lounge featuring nighlty appetizer and drink specials. Catch the games on our TV'S or try your luck at some KENO.
A word from Spumoni's Restaurant
Award winning Italian Seafood restaurant welcoming family and friends in Southern New England for over 30 years. Serving classic Italian dinners, locally sourced seafood and house made specialities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spumoni's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointedDined on 10/4/2014Very disappointed. French onion soup was luke warm from no doubt being pre-made and kept under a heat lamp. My Veal Pamagian was a very small portion ( at large portion price ) with spaghetti also very small portion. Our group was made up of 4 senior citizens who get together just once a year or so. We had looked forward to that evening--------The food was just ok------Would not be too quick to go out of our way to eat there again. We had visited previously ( before and after PawSox game ) with much better memories.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014There were 5 in our party. Service was excellent. Food yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodclaireDined on 8/1/2014excellent food and service , great restaurant for seniors , they always have coupons available on line or in the local paperSpecial Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Spumoni's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good Food; Reasonable PricesMATravelerBOSDined on 7/24/2014I'm a frequent customer. Really like this place. Went here recently for dinner on a weekday. Restaurant was crowded but no lines. Service was outstanding. I had the baked seafood platter and my wife had the lasagna, both very good. No room for dessert but the menu looked good. Maybe next time.Special Features:
- seniorsclaireDined on 7/3/2014will absolutely dine here again , there are always coupons to use , making it affordable for seniors for lunch or dinner , the food is excellent and the service is geared towards patience when ordering so you don't feel rushedSpecial Features:
- Food wondeful as usual!DaniMarieDined on 5/22/2014I don't remember our waiters name now unfortunately but he was one of the best waiters I've ever had... anticipated our needs but didn't intrude on our dinner. He said he'd been there a long time.. tall... glasses. He ed just awesome. And the food was amazing as usual! Using the app good a reservation was a pleasant surprise as we address used to the long wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night!TerriVIPDined on 3/6/2014Typically I really like this restaurant and often eat at least one meal a weekend there but maybe not after last night. It was Thursday and early but it was SLOW. The wait staff was slow and the kitchen was slow The bar was super slow. I actually stood for 18 minutes to buy keno tickets. Top it off I fell on my way to the bathroom because of some grease on the floor. 2 waitresses came over to check out the floor. Not one asked me if I was OK. Management did not bother to see if I was OK. It may be out last trip back.
- Team Trivia Night at Spumoni'ssilverbackdad247Dined on 2/25/2014Wow, what's not to like craft beer, good food and scrambling your brain for answers. It was a fun night with my wife at a great restaurant being entertained. Thanks for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but wont returnJDFirsttimeDined on 2/15/2014I was really excited to try spumoni's for the first time after hearing some really good things about it. However i was surprisingly let down. I felt the food was really over priced for the value and quality of the food. My boyfriend ordered the manicotti and it only came with 3 very small pieces! And I ordered the scallops which were quite mushy and no where worth 18 bucks! I can get way better quality at greggs and for only $13. When I asked the waiter about sparkling wines/champagne available he didnt remember the name and when he went to find out, the bar said they were all out of it! I wont be coming again, but at least I can say i finally tried it.Special Features:
- Always GreatSteveFVIPDined on 2/15/2014Always great at Spumoni's. Generous portions at reasonable prices, and the wait staff is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not have my reservationMattDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant did not have my reservation. I needed to wait 45 mins and put my name on the list.
- Had a great time, drinks andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great time, drinks and food were perfect pricing even though i had a lobster steamer combo was fair an no complaints here.. now my whole reason for writeing this review is to praise the bar staff for having enough professionalism and patients to deal with loud and untastful group that kept over running the bar about 9pm with the rest of the traffic there for valentines day.Special Features:
- Good food for the right priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2014Try their stuffed shrimps. They are delicious and their scrod is really good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would think that this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2014I would think that this restaurant was a little sub par. The service was adequate, the food okay but not great. The atmosphere was like a cafeteria, especially with the long table that was set up probably for a lunch buffet. Disappointing, it previous years it was a decent place with very good food. I would think that they should try a little harder.
- Everyone's meals were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2014Everyone's meals were great - lots of good menu options to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - reasonably pricedkotooleVIPDined on 12/16/2013Can always depend on a good meal....their baked scrod was voted the best dish at our table of 9. The service was friendly and the atmosphere conducive to chatting with our group who only get together once a year. Will come back to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great traditional ItalianappreciateQualityDined on 10/5/2013Great traditional Italian & Seafood restaurant with excellent meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improvedMemoryLaneDined on 10/4/2013The last time I ate here was at least 10 YEARS ago. I went back the other night to take my parents out for their annversary. The place was so much better than I remembered. The menu was loaded with choices but it was easy to follow. We ordered apps, main meals and specialty drinks (which were made exactly as we requested) . Everything, from the steak to the seafood to the chicken parm was delicious. My only recommendation is that they add chicken cacittorie to the menu! The service was super. We were there a long time and our waiter was very busy but he made every effort to meet our many needs. I will definitely go back there again. soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2013Been going to Spumoni's for over 30 years. Food is good, not great. Lobsters were WAY overpriced (I can buy Lobster for under $6/lb at several locations locally), it was a staggering $34-35 for twins at Spumoni's while Hose Co. 6 a few miles away has a $14.99 twin Lobster special on Thursday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs updating, but good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/26/2013Step back in time with older tables, carpet, chairs, construction and a bit of an old place smell. Needs a renovation urgently. With the good food they have I would pay a bit more for a cleaner more updated spot.
- Going Away MealrichritanDined on 7/14/2013We are moving to Texas at the end of the month and took our son and family to Spumoni's for a meal before we left. It was a great RI, Italian dinner and we enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Relaxed & ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013We were 6 women looking for convenience of location when choosing this restaurant. This restaurant has been around for years, so we decided to give it a try. We are happy to report that 1st of al,l our request for a round table was satisfied, making it easy for us to include all in conversation. Our waiter was outstanding! The food was great. Each of us was more than satisfied with our selection. As far as ambience, it's an old restaurant with dark wood and mirrors. We went for the food and service and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Pedestrian ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2013A large blue-collar family restaurant specializing in Italian food, lobster, and other shell fish. There is a well-appointed bar separated from the dining areas.The menu and food are fine but uninspired. I had expected something more exciting, and was disappointed. That was my fault as Spumoni's fits well in its neighborhood; but if you're not in Pawtucket, it's not worth the trip.
- I had the meat lovers pizzaNoto72Dined on 5/24/2013I had the meat lovers pizza was great. My girl friend had the red chowder she said it was good . It was a nice place to eat. I recommend you make reservations .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the red clam sauce familyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Had the red clam sauce family style. It was great. We will be back very soon to try something else. Great service, waiter was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Can't beat the Pizza and Bread !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2013The best Four Cheese(White)Pizza around, great Chicken Parm, Salads are fresh, Bread is great, much better than Olive Garden. Bring on the Summer Lobsters !Special Features:
- Food portions were awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Food portions were awesome. Definitely get enough food for what you are paying. Great service from our waiter Corey. Great job!Special Features:
- The food and service is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013The food and service is always great. The food is primarily Italian and seafood. Both are excellent.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013The food was very good, reasonably priced, and portions were large.Special Features:
- We had a great time and areOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We had a great time and are going back again this weekend.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was very good and the pricing was reasonable. Glad I had the reservation because it looked like a long wait. Even with the reservation we waited about 15 minutes before being seated. I would go back again...Special Features:
- food was cold it was notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013food was cold it was not just my plate that was not even warm in spots i will not send food back because i do not trust kitchen staff when food is sent back not only will i never go back, i encourage others not to go awful place to eat, or should i say awful place to buy food that is unpleasant to eat
- We had the surf and turf.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We had the surf and turf. I guess thats why they give out coupons for buy 1 get 1. The quality of the food was not good at all. Steak was like that of the Ponderosa....very cafeteria quality and shrimp was very small. We have eaten there several times and loved it everytime. I guess we need to stay with the italian dishes.
- The reservation was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013The reservation was great, we were going to see a movie and didnt want to be late. Good italian and seafood.Special Features:
- Great place to go to eat there!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013Great place to go to eat there! Waiter is awesome to my family and I! Once I reservation online and snap like that its ready for you to have a table! Perfect!!!! Thanks!!!! Been there twice! Definetily going back agian! :)Special Features:
- Hit or miss with the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2013Hit or miss with the wait staff. This time we missed. Unfriendly waitress, no plates with appetizers and she took 5 minutes to finally bring some plates.
- We are regulars at Spumonis,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We are regulars at Spumonis, As always, the food and service here are top notch. Highly reccommend the Steak Ala Mama, Fettucini, and the penne pasta bake al forno is two meals big!Special Features:
- Whenever we go to Spumoni'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Whenever we go to Spumoni's the food is always good, and the service is always great, no matter what time of day they never rush you to eat, even when there is a waiting list. It's a nice place for family's to go with their children.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012Spumoni's accommodated my request for a table in a quieter section of the restaurant which worked well for our group of 8 people who hadn't seen each other for many years and wanted to be able to converse without competition from other diners. The section where we were located could accommodate a somewhat larger group also. Wait staff was attentive and yet not interfering which seems to happen a lot these days. Our 11:30 meeting time resulted in being at the very beginning of the buffet service which was pleasant to see in its "pristine" condition!Special Features:
- Food is always hot and good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Food is always hot and good, that type of old Italian style food. My parents love the place and I bring my son he never leaves hungry.Special Features: