12 Benson Mill Road
Alexander City, AL 35010Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.springhouseatcrossroads.com/
- Phone: 2562157080x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday -Saturday: 5:30pm -- 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob McDaniel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from SpringHouse
Rising out of the hilltop, the 200-seat SpringHouse Restaurant will treat diners to a local cuisine served in rustic, casual elegance. The first architectural element guests will see as they enter the main dining room is the inglenook—a large fully-functional walk-in fireplace, which served as the center of the home in medieval times. At SpringHouse, the inglenook serves as a hot appetizer station during dining hours and a classroom during the day. As they pass the inglenook guests will notice handsome bars, rough-hewn beams, hand-forged ironwork, and a magnificent open kitchen, replete with a wood-fired oven and grill. The upstairs bar and dining area will focus on small plates and provide adults a place to relax and gather. Patios with working fireplaces flank the main dining room and upstairs bar. For special events, guests are invited to reserve the Well House—a private 12-seat dining room connected to the restaurant by an underground tunnel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
SpringHouse - Best Restaurants in Alexander City ›
SpringHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)scenic view (47)fit for foodies (46)romantic (36)great for outdoor dining (32)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (22)hot spot (20)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- My wife's birthday.LoveThisPlaceDined on 8/15/2014I took my wife here for her birthday on the suggestions of some friends. It was wonderful. We are from Montgomery and they have nothing to offer that even comes close to this dinning experience. Our view from the outside dining area was great! It is our new favorite and we will be coming back for all of our special occasions.Special Features:
- Keeps Getting Better and BetterLoveSpringhouseVIPDined on 8/14/2014Springhouse at Russell Crossroads is on their best game in our opinion. I'm amazed at the food, service and staff. If you are looking to have a special night or to impress your guests, go to Springhouse. I wish I could give you a money back guarantee but I really don't think you will need it. I haven't yet. And I've been going there since they opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JW15Dined on 8/9/2014Great restaurant with unbelievable food and drink. Probably some of the best food I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- NashreaderDined on 8/6/2014Fantastic! Great food and service! Nice use of seasonal produce, especially tomatoes and blueberries. Delighted to see the cheese plate on the menu.Special Features:
- One of the bestFoodhoundDined on 8/1/2014A really beautiful restaurant and casual setting with great food. Our waitress was very helpful making suggestions and everything we put in our mouths was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring House at Lake Martin, ALManthoVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have dined at Spring House twice this summer and each time we were pleased with our meals. This time, I had the vegetable plate. A great variety of vegetables were included (cream corn was the best), however I wish the food had been warmer. It was served more "room temp". One person at our table ordered the snapper and it was the best dish ordered. The NY Strip was huge-but a little tough when cutting-good flavor. The atmosphere and service are the best at the lake. You will always see someone you know dining there, as well. Definitely recommend Spring House.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014Our reservation was for 8:30, we were not seated until 9:00, our waitress did not show up until 10 minutes later, while addressing us she turned away to deal with some other issue, the food was good but very pricey for what you got. This is fairly consistent with my experience there. If they had an competition they would be in trouble. Expect to pay top tier prices with poor service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Food was good though not plentiful. Service was outstanding. Wait staff very knowledgeable about menu and wine list. Prices were quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealALfoodieDined on 7/18/2014I love a good meal and this is one of the best meals I have ever eaten. We started with the cheese plate which was accompanied by a angel biscuit, homemade blueberry jam, and nuts with honey. We also tried the lady pea fritters. My husband had the pork loin with a white barbeque sauce and I had the seared snapper. Both meals were wonderfully seasoned and had great well rounded flavors. I loved the seasoning in both dishes. We finished with the summer cheesecake and an after dinner cocktail, a bourbon root beer float. Everything exceed expectations. The staff is very warm and friendly!Special Features:
- ExcellentNeCasperDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I went for a special occasion. We had heard so many great things about SpringHouse and we finally found the time to take the drive and enjoy a delicious meal. Everything was spectacular from start to finish!Special Features:
- Never disappointedSkykingDined on 7/17/2014Deliciously healthy quinine! My fiancé' , Carole, and I have dined here many times. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Over priced and under cookedCB60Dined on 7/11/2014We paid an average of $60 per person for dinner, one cheese plate, one bottle of wine and one cocktail, plus desert. Not bad for a five star cuisine but this place did not measure up. The cheese plate was way overpriced. They charge by the type, and provided about one gram per selection, roughly one inch by one half inch. The gumbo was basically beef broth with one or two small morsels of fish and chicken. The fish was not properly cooked and raw on the side that was not adequately seared. Over priced and food does not measure up to the hype.
- Wonderful!ChirojunkyDined on 7/11/2014Five star food and service. Great wine list too. Their prices are on the high end, but well worth it. I highly recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a totally great experience!!!!lakemartinzipDined on 7/4/2014We had requested a table on the outside upper deck so that we could enjoy our meal & watch the Russell Lands' fireworks. The weather cooperated-mid 70's for an Alabama July 4th. We were promptly seated with a great view. We watched deer play among the horses in the Stable pastures. The view of the fields, woods & Kowliga Creek was beautiful. The sunset was spectacular! As twilight came, we saw many fireworks scattered along the shore line. Promptley at 9, the Russell Fireworks started with a bang and continued with one huge spectacular display after another. Our appetizers and entrees were superb. Our service was absolutely wonderful. Desserts were as spectacular as the fireworks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and atmostphereRbrowningDined on 6/28/2014We visited Soringhouse to celebrate a wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the food but he the service and where they seated us in the resteraunt could have been much better
- special occasion disappointmentAU70Dined on 6/22/2014Disappointed in the "brunch" menu. The food we had was very good, but the selection left a lot to be desired. I ordered biscuits and gravy and received one biscuit with a couple of tablespoons of gravy and 3 under cooked pieces of bacon. I requested additional gravy and received a small container (1/2 cup) and an additional $3.00 charge. NO fruit anywhere on the menu. Our wait staff was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dining experienceSciProfDined on 6/21/2014The chicken liver mousse starter was delectable. The grouper was fresh, moist and served over a bed of black-eyed peas and summer vegetables. The blackberry and plum tart was the perfect ending. The service was excellent in a refined but relaxed atmosphere. Springhouse is a Lake Martin gem for foodies looking for a fine-dining experience.Special Features:
- great way to start the weekendbryanDined on 6/20/2014Brought potential clients to entertain. Food locally sourced, seasoned and cooked perfectly. A gem!I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchbunchDined on 6/15/2014A very enjoyable brunch on Father's Day for our family of seven. We had the same experience on Mother's Day and our anniversary. Our grandchildren really enjoy the setting. For special occasions or to introduce friends to the Lake Martin area, dining at Spring House is a must do. Look forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner experienceTomGDined on 6/14/2014We had a great evening with interesting food and wine selections and a very interesting after dinner cordial that I had never had. Our service was outstanding and the restaurant was packed, but you wouldn't have known it by how prompt and courteous our service was.Special Features:
- Well Rounded EaterPlumpnHappyDined on 6/6/2014We LOVE Springhouse. The food and atmosphere are amazing. A great date spot!Special Features:
- Small group Function old friends3goodfriendsDined on 6/6/2014Food was outstanding--'desert was extra special; entre'(fish was excellent)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!MaryGDined on 6/1/2014Several of our bunko bunch met at the Spring House for brunch last Sunday. Could not have asked for a better experience. The place is gorgeous; the service was outstanding; and the food was wonderful. Will go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great atmosphere and great food and great service.......will come back again and againSpecial Features:
- great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014great service, great food, great atmosphere . brunch is wonderful and quick. lucky to have such a special restaurant near the lakeSpecial Features:
- The following 284 reviews are from the SpringHouse reviews archive.
- Elegant and peacefulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014I went to Springhouse for brunch and left 100% satisfied with everything. Peaceful, intimate, open and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is the worddinerebDined on 4/26/2014Delicious dining in a great atmosphere if you like casual elegance.Special Features:
- Disappointing evening.mac2writeDined on 4/19/2014You should always be greeted especially at a fine restaurant..we were not. The girl handling reservations, handed the girl assisting her two menus and told her where to seat us. A smile, "Good evening...we're so glad you're here..." would have been appreciated. We were seated in front of the kitchen...seems there are no tables for two in a scenic spot. The scallops were excellent...the shrimp was good but the pasta was very, very heavy and was not as described. The dessert was miniscule but delicious...chocolate lava cake. Our server, Jennifer, was delightful and attentive as were other staff that served us. I would, however, not recommend this restaurant to a friend. It was definitely not worth the price we paid.
- Diamond in the roughShuggsfoodDined on 4/18/2014What a pleasant surprise to find such a wonderful restaurant in the middle of no where! What a great place! When returning to the area we will make Spring House one of our stops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest food for fine diningLakepalateDined on 4/18/2014For an unparalleled experienced in fine food in a faraway place, do not miss the Springhouse. While our home is near the Gulf, on our vacation visit this chef has found the freshest of seafood to prepare with a host of locally sourced herbs and vegetables. It elevates the Lake Martin experience to a new level of vacation destination, finding the highest quality of first rate food and service where you would not expect it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny's thoughtsJohnnyDined on 4/13/2014Springhouse has been a wonderful experience every time I have been there from rehearsal dinner to brunch. Food is always a treat because it is so good. Always made with fresh ingredients, Rob the chief is fantastic. You could take anyone there and they would love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening but...SissygirlDined on 4/11/2014Spring house has never disappointed me and the food is always good. I was disappointed this night as there was no fish selection. There should always be at least 2. If I am going to spend that kind of money I want more of a variety. We would eat there a lot more often if the prices were more reasonable. I sincerely hope some competition comes soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationMagnififestDined on 4/5/2014Having heard many comments from friends about their wonderful experience at SpringHouse I decided this would be a worthy choice for our Anniversary Celebration. We were not disappointed. As indicated by our rating we had an outstanding time. THANK YOU for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant yet!Bobburle21Dined on 4/3/2014Complete dining experience. Great atmosphere, great service, and fabulous food. A MUST if you enjoy fine dining with a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going back with friendspleasedfrompelhamDined on 4/3/2014this was the highlight of our trip! worth the drive from Birmingham or anyway where. The food was absolutely wonderful. We could sit anywhere for a view but we ended up at the open kitchen bar. I am spreading the word here in Birmingham! GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Saturday Date NightLakegirlDined on 3/29/2014Made a last minute reservation, so only available reservation was the Chef's Counter (which we choose on purpose many nights). Wonderful starter of fresh asparagus with crawfish and Rhubarb soup. Delicious specialty cocktails and after dinner drinks suggested by Sam. Main course of beautiful scallops and fresh red snapper. Superior service by Jennifer and enjoyed a visit with Chris in the kitchen who kindly and patiently answered all of our questions about the preparation taking place in the kitchen. Finished our evening with delicious dessert of an ice cream sandwich (tiramisu with praline sauce). Highly recommend!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad price/value relationshipOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We've been to Springhouse many times, and the food has deteriorated over the last few times. The price is very high for what you get. Spending $300 for 4 people you would expect outstanding food, not average. While this restaurant is probably the best around the Lake Martin area, it has not kept up the high standard that it showed in the past. With more competition, this place would lose a lot of business. Unfortunately they seem to have a monopoly on quality for those who can still afford it in this suffering economic area. We will probably not return.
- Third Time's a CharmAtipDined on 2/28/2014My first two trips to Springhouse didn't go so well, but the third time was wonderful. we had a good knowledgeable waiter. He gave great recommendations & descriptions of the dishes. Our only complaint was it took a bit too long to get refills on cocktails. Delicious carpaccio and a rutabaga pancake that was terrific. My main course was shrimp with greens and white beans. It was so well prepared, delicious, flavorful, surprisingly light. The after dinner drink called "The Dude" is sooooo good. Its like a white Russian but much better. The homemade s'mores were fabulous too. I left feeling like I'd finally dined at the restaurant I've always wanted Spring house to be. I will be back again the next time we're at the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMbporterDined on 2/23/2014Sunday brunch was fantastic!! One of the prettiest reastaurants I have been to. Staff, knowledgable and all around great service Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Food was excellent and our server Jennifer was a delight along with everyone else that made sure our dinner experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.