Spring Mill Cafe
164 Barren Hill Road
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Spring Mill Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://springmill.com/
- Phone: 6108282550x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Michele Haines
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: The Spring Mill Café is perfect for your next party. We offer two distinct venues. The main building can host groups of up to forty, and the rustic farmhouse is ideal for groups up to twenty-five. Both venues feature the country French cooking that has delighted guests for over three decades.
- Private Party Contact: Ezra Haines 6108282550x
- Cross Street: River Rd
- Public Transit: The Spring Mill station is just a few blocks from the restaurant. Just take the R6 Norristown line to the Spring Mill station, follow station road then make a right on Hector St. At the end of Hector make a right on Barren Hill and we are just a few hundred yards up on the right.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is easy with a large lot adjacent the restaurant.
A word from Spring Mill Cafe
The Spring Mill Café has been serving French country fare since 1978. We're a BYO that serves lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. The historic property features the original Spring Mill general store, and the picturesque converted farmhouse. When the weather is nice, guests are invited to dine outdoors adjacent the gardens, either on the patio or on one of the porches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Spring Mill Cafe - Best Restaurants in Conshohocken ›
Spring Mill Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (71)fit for foodies (70)special occasion (67)neighborhood gem (64)great for outdoor dining (51)great for brunch (35)great for lunch (27)scenic view (16)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Authentic French FoodSetterOwnerDined on 10/18/2014Went to Spring Mill Cafe for the first time for my boyfriend's birthday and had a lovely meal. The pate tasting was perfect and my escargots were served in a lovely hazelnut cream sauce. For dinner, he had the rabbit and I had the hen over roasted root vegetables, great for fall. The portions were large and very tasty.Special Features:
- TablemannersVIPDined on 10/18/2014Very good food and service in a quaint, romantic settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Really feels like a French bistro without the attitude. I had the salmon special for lunch- perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchRoccaforteDined on 10/12/2014This is a great BYO brunch spot. Very small country store atmosphere with an interesting brunch menu and good food. Byo champagne for a special occasion. They supply the ice bucket and you can purchase a small pitcher of OJ. Try the eggs Benedict with either Canadian bacon or smoked salmon served on toasted brioch. Leisurely service works well for a relaxed meal.Special Features:
- love itRuttrhoVIPDined on 10/11/2014classicly good french fare. service is very good, but the food carries the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I rememberSlkrcynDined on 10/11/2014This was my second visit to Spring Mill Cafe, the first being a few years ago. The service was good, the room is a little on the loud side. Although the food is delicious entree sizes were vastly different. The lamb dish came with potatoes and was a decent sized entree; however the scallop dish had just three jumbo scallops. One would think the difference in entree price meant that entree sizes would be more uniform but apparently not. I was ready for some more bread so I would have something to eat while my husband finished his meal! Most adults could easily have eaten the scallop entree as an appetizer. If I visit Spring Mill Cafe again I will ask about the portion size before ordering.Special Features:
- Svbd43Dined on 10/5/2014WE LOVE the Spring Mill for all the above stated reasons! We are always well treated with a lot of individual attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFood4FunDined on 10/5/2014Went for brunch for 2 and could not be more pleased. The food is expertly prepared and carefully presented, and the entire front of house staff is attentive and friendly. If you are looking for classic French countryside inspired food in a charming setting, Spring Mill Cafe is a good reliable bet for a good meal. I'm looking forward to returning to try the lunch and dinner menus as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2014After picking up my wedding dress my mom, aunt and I celebrated with lunch at spring mill. The cafe and garden out front is beautiful! We had wonderful service and great food. The owner and manager stopped by the table a few times to check on us. We can't wait to try the fall menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh takes on country FrenchCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 9/28/2014Another perfect night at Spring Mill Café - 70 outside, a beautiful sunset framing a meal that could have been in any small town in rural France, great professional service. We opened with crab & citrus salad (wow!), venison pâté, & some great warm bread. 3 of the 4 of us had the scallops niçoise, done beautifully with tomatoes, potatoes, black olives, fresh basil & haricot vert. Our son proved once again that great chefs go the extra mile to please, by asking for a large plate of the rabbit sans noodles etc with 2 baguettes to make a rabbit hoagie. It was a great idea - the meat looked for all the world like pulled pork or chicken, & he loved it ("Next time I'm bringing hot sauce"). Then very tart lemon sorbet & espresso.......délicieux!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightdickDined on 9/27/2014Based on the number of wait staff, the restaurant was over booked. We typically spend two hours for our dinner. This night we had a three hour meal--mostly waiting for the next course. Three of our party has the special wild sea bass entrée. The fish was good but the risotto was undercooked for all three of our party.
- Excellent all around!!KattDined on 9/23/2014Made the reservation for one of my consultants and his team. This was a little tricky, considering that I am in Florida and did not know this restaurant personally. However, the reviews on them were great so I gave it a shot. Was told that they all loved the food and the atmosphere. And the service was excellent. Because of my choice for them, my consultant has decided that I will make all dinner reservations for them in the future. Thank you Spring Hill Cafe for giving me more work!! lol. So glad I picked you from all the other restaurants I looked at online.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We loved the food and our waiter, Nathan. Perfection!Special Features:
- oldie but a goodiebonappetitVIPDined on 9/21/2014Spring Mill has been around for over 30 years but is always wonderful. Everything was perfect. The only complaint is that we were a group of five and had a gratuity of 20% added to our bill. The normal is for a group of 6 or more and I understand it especially when the bill is being split but they knew was my sons birthday. I probably would have tipped more than that, but did not. I have an issue with being told how much to tip.Special Features:
- Always a nice mealPHLFLLVIPDined on 9/13/2014We visit Spring Mill Cafe about 6 times each year, and they never disappoint. The food is creative, properly portioned, and very high quality. We generally frequent BYOB's since they focus on the food, and Spring Mill is one of our favorites. The space is small and sometimes a bit loud, but always a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTablefortwoDined on 9/13/2014We came to celebrate my sweethearts birthday and enjoyed a very special evening. Arriving early for our reservation we were promptly seated at a comfortable table with a pleasant view through a nearby window. The waitstaff was attentive without being obtrusive, appearing at our table with uncanny timing. The food was excellent, a filet for me, and sea scallops for my sweetheart. Both were perfectly prepared and attractively plated. This is a lovely place for a special occasion, the entire dinning experience was outstanding.Special Features:
- Still ExcellentFlourtownGVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have often come and never been disappointed. Friday night was no exception.Special Features:
- Food good; noise horribleBishopDined on 9/12/2014Wish I had chosen an outside table. The inside was so horribly noisy I would not return for that reason. Food and service was very good.
- Sunny1Dined on 9/12/2014A virtual trip to France? Perfectly delightful! I so enjoyed our lunch with you. As a restaurant owner, I appreciated that all the food was perfect from Venison Pate (w/cornichon, coarse ground mustard and baguette )to Duck Confit Salad. I was thrilled that you feature grass-fed beef for your burger. The Gruyere reinforced the earthy essence a burger should have and the onion marmalade a crowning glory. A perfect ending: your, again, delightful, Daffodil Cake. The lemon cream is a lovely touch, the whipped cream decadent, and the treasure, the surprisingly good buttery angel food cake.I don't always wax on but Spring Mill Cafe was everything I hoped it would be! Loved your gardens,too , a total meal for the senses!Special Features:
- Still delightful!EyeBVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food is delicious, classically French, well-prepared and presented. Attentive and pleasant service in charming, attractive surroundings. Can get noisy inside when full. Outside is lovely on a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemmccarthys5Dined on 9/4/2014Been coming here for years and it's just lovely. Had an awesome omelette with goat cheese and mushrooms for lunch this visit. Scenic and civilized. Hidden away on Barren Hill Rd in Conshy only adds to its allure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite restaurant in the area.my2senseDined on 8/28/2014We always come to the Spring Mill for special occasions or to meet friends. We've been going to Spring Mill for 30 years, and it's always special and fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The food and service were fabulous. We were a party of four seated next to the door and AC vent and a table of three. They were louder and made it a bit hard for us to hear, vent blew on us and we were cold, and folks were coming in and out door to serve outside tables. This part detracted a bit from what was a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Simply delicioustombVIPDined on 8/28/2014Our steak dinners were fabulous. Started with a Cafe Salad that was awesome.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!!!JenzenDined on 8/26/2014I've been going to the Springmill for many years now and I can never get enough. I've alway recieved perfect service and the food paramount! I like to take a different friend each time to share this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJdinesVIPDined on 8/24/2014The service was very friendly and accommodating. Great selection of salads, love the local cheeses, and other menu items. We went for dinner twice in two weeks. Once for our anniversary, and the next with friends, both times were fantastic! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French in the burbsASB89VIPDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding! Food is always consistent. They handled our larger crowd with ease. Everything was so well prepared. Best French Restaurant in the burbs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014On Friday night we sat on the farmhouse porch and had a lovely dinner. Our server Adriana was attentive and always there when we needed her. I had the small pate tasting which I always get because it's so good. My fiancé had the escargot to start, he didn't save me one bite. For entrees we had the scallops and the filet topped with fois gras. They were both delicious. We ended the meal with complimentary apple brandy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamanthabarthDined on 8/17/2014We love spring mill cafe. The restaurant is charming, the food is delicious and their server, Emily, is the best! We will be back soon. Thank you,Special Features:
- Amazing dinner dateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Lived everything from the moment we sat down. Emilie was excellent. She read us well and made our experience very memorable. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GandSdiner14Dined on 8/14/2014Beef was slightly under cooked as was the lamb chops. Both were requeted to be medium rare Lamb chops were not tender as might be expected in this restuarant. We visit at least twice a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little slice of ProvenceMelixDined on 8/12/2014This place is consistently good. They offer a nice selection of homemade pate with just the right cornichons. Also the cheese plate is good ( though the plastic platter was a no no). The service has just the right blend of attentive and discrete, and the BYO factor makes this gourmet treat affordable. My scallops were great and my partner had the rack of lamb which got rave reviews. If you are looking for a romantic setting in an old store front, this place brings the charm.Special Features:
- momgalDined on 8/10/2014We've been to Spring Mill Cafe many times and always have a wonderful dining experience. We went with 2 friends and we all loved all our food. The service was excellent and the place looked beautiful with all the flowers in bloom. My only minor complaint was that we sat on the porch and the noise from passing cars was a little loud at times- a very, very minor complaint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014One of the remaining restaurants with reliably good cuisine less any gimmicks. Lovely converted house--beautiful gardens Can always find the kind of French food my Mother made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastyLayneDined on 8/10/2014Nice spot for brunch set in a rustic and scenic environment. Food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent, Perfection, GrandRahiemthewriterDined on 8/7/2014SMC has the type of atmosphere that assures a great experience. The homely conservative feel was welcoming and the waiter, Nathan Anderson, added to the experience. The mignon was superb and the entire desert menu is perfecto. I'd eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, romantic French CuisineGSarkDined on 8/7/2014Always enjoy the Spring Mill Cafe. They also have a fixed price menu which we enjoyed this evening. It's BYOB and the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing. We enjoyed the steak, sald and soup. THe flourless chocolate torte could have been a bit sweeter. Coffee great (La Columbe).Special Features:
- french country cooking at its bestFlakito80Dined on 8/6/2014What else can I say about Spring Mill? Amazing food and service. I'm a regular because of this :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LMACDined on 7/31/2014We had a wonderful meal! Great service and a super quaint atmosphere!Special Features:
- MunchoDined on 7/26/2014The ambience was exceptional. Went there with friends to just "catch up" and relax. Did not feel rushed after we were done with dinner. The food was good but not exceptional given the prices. I would return there for the ambience but not for the food.Special Features: