Spring Mill Cafe
164 Barren Hill Road
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Spring Mill Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://springmill.com/
- Phone: 6108282550x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Michele Haines
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: The Spring Mill Café is perfect for your next party. We offer two distinct venues. The main building can host groups of up to forty, and the rustic farmhouse is ideal for groups up to twenty-five. Both venues feature the country French cooking that has delighted guests for over three decades.
- Private Party Contact: Ezra Haines 6108282550x
- Cross Street: River Rd
- Public Transit: The Spring Mill station is just a few blocks from the restaurant. Just take the R6 Norristown line to the Spring Mill station, follow station road then make a right on Hector St. At the end of Hector make a right on Barren Hill and we are just a few hundred yards up on the right.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is easy with a large lot adjacent the restaurant.
A word from Spring Mill Cafe
The Spring Mill Café has been serving French country fare since 1978. We're a BYO that serves lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. The historic property features the original Spring Mill general store, and the picturesque converted farmhouse. When the weather is nice, guests are invited to dine outdoors adjacent the gardens, either on the patio or on one of the porches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Spring Mill Cafe - Best Restaurants in Conshohocken ›
Spring Mill Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)fit for foodies (77)romantic (77)neighborhood gem (74)great for outdoor dining (57)great for brunch (41)great for lunch (31)scenic view (22)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- favorite restaurant in the area.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We always come to the Spring Mill for special occasions or to meet friends. We've been going to Spring Mill for 30 years, and it's always special and fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The food and service were fabulous. We were a party of four seated next to the door and AC vent and a table of three. They were louder and made it a bit hard for us to hear, vent blew on us and we were cold, and folks were coming in and out door to serve outside tables. This part detracted a bit from what was a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Simply delicioustombVIPDined on 8/28/2014Our steak dinners were fabulous. Started with a Cafe Salad that was awesome.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014I've been going to the Springmill for many years now and I can never get enough. I've alway recieved perfect service and the food paramount! I like to take a different friend each time to share this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJdinesDined on 8/24/2014The service was very friendly and accommodating. Great selection of salads, love the local cheeses, and other menu items. We went for dinner twice in two weeks. Once for our anniversary, and the next with friends, both times were fantastic! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French in the burbsASB89VIPDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding! Food is always consistent. They handled our larger crowd with ease. Everything was so well prepared. Best French Restaurant in the burbs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014On Friday night we sat on the farmhouse porch and had a lovely dinner. Our server Adriana was attentive and always there when we needed her. I had the small pate tasting which I always get because it's so good. My fiancé had the escargot to start, he didn't save me one bite. For entrees we had the scallops and the filet topped with fois gras. They were both delicious. We ended the meal with complimentary apple brandy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamanthabarthDined on 8/17/2014We love spring mill cafe. The restaurant is charming, the food is delicious and their server, Emily, is the best! We will be back soon. Thank you,Special Features:
- Amazing dinner dateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Lived everything from the moment we sat down. Emilie was excellent. She read us well and made our experience very memorable. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GandSdiner14Dined on 8/14/2014Beef was slightly under cooked as was the lamb chops. Both were requeted to be medium rare Lamb chops were not tender as might be expected in this restuarant. We visit at least twice a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little slice of ProvenceMelixDined on 8/12/2014This place is consistently good. They offer a nice selection of homemade pate with just the right cornichons. Also the cheese plate is good ( though the plastic platter was a no no). The service has just the right blend of attentive and discrete, and the BYO factor makes this gourmet treat affordable. My scallops were great and my partner had the rack of lamb which got rave reviews. If you are looking for a romantic setting in an old store front, this place brings the charm.Special Features:
- momgalDined on 8/10/2014We've been to Spring Mill Cafe many times and always have a wonderful dining experience. We went with 2 friends and we all loved all our food. The service was excellent and the place looked beautiful with all the flowers in bloom. My only minor complaint was that we sat on the porch and the noise from passing cars was a little loud at times- a very, very minor complaint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014One of the remaining restaurants with reliably good cuisine less any gimmicks. Lovely converted house--beautiful gardens Can always find the kind of French food my Mother made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastyLayneDined on 8/10/2014Nice spot for brunch set in a rustic and scenic environment. Food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent, Perfection, GrandRahiemthewriterDined on 8/7/2014SMC has the type of atmosphere that assures a great experience. The homely conservative feel was welcoming and the waiter, Nathan Anderson, added to the experience. The mignon was superb and the entire desert menu is perfecto. I'd eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, romantic French CuisineGSarkDined on 8/7/2014Always enjoy the Spring Mill Cafe. They also have a fixed price menu which we enjoyed this evening. It's BYOB and the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing. We enjoyed the steak, sald and soup. THe flourless chocolate torte could have been a bit sweeter. Coffee great (La Columbe).Special Features:
- french country cooking at its bestFlakito80Dined on 8/6/2014What else can I say about Spring Mill? Amazing food and service. I'm a regular because of this :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LMACDined on 7/31/2014We had a wonderful meal! Great service and a super quaint atmosphere!Special Features:
- MunchoDined on 7/26/2014The ambience was exceptional. Went there with friends to just "catch up" and relax. Did not feel rushed after we were done with dinner. The food was good but not exceptional given the prices. I would return there for the ambience but not for the food.Special Features:
- a great escape from it allCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 7/25/2014It's midsummer & still warm enough outside at 8 to let good A/C offset the romance & beauty of an outdoor table at sunset for us. But the SMC experience is so fine that we couldn't have enjoyed our meal more - and we remained as fresh as the ingredients we ate. The summer salads delight. The venison pâté was perfect. My scallops were not only delicious but also absolutely gorgeous (an observation I never thought I'd make about shellfish). My wife's striped bass was meaty & tasted great. By the time we got to the blood orange sorbet, the sun was down, the wine was gone, & the meal's finish was as long & enjoyable as that on a well aged barolo. Service is always excellent, with a staff who really care. Go to Spring Mill Café - now and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotBruceDined on 7/22/2014very nice menu. had not been back to Spring Mill for some time and it was better than ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Went for a birthday dinner for one of my friends. Very attentive service, menu limited but everything we had was good. Perfect portion sizes. Restaurant looks like it was right out of the countryside of France. The entrees for a little too pricey.Special Features:
- We LOVE it here!!!reagan40Dined on 7/19/2014We have been coming to the Spring Mill Cafe since we returned to the area from New York City. The service is always wonderful, food delicious and ambiance delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good foodchoosydinerDined on 7/19/2014While we don't eat here often, the food and service are reliably excellent. Menu selections are appropriate to the season and ingredients used are always very fresh. Recently, we visited for dinner but lunch and Sunday brunch are also really good.Special Features:
- beautiful spot, great foodVivelafranceVIPDined on 7/16/2014Brought a friend there for lunch and while we wanted to sit on the patio and take in the gardens, the heat was just too much. We took cover inside and enjoyed a lengthy, relaxed meal. Service was friendly, knowledgeable and relaxed giving us plenty of time to linger and catch up after our meal had ended. Food was delicious and beautifully presented and they were very accommodating to my friend's gluten intolerance. All in all a wonderful experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious a second timethemelmacVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is the second time I've dined at Spring Mill and it was just as delicious as I rememberSpecial Features:
- So goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/15/2014Cute spot, great food, nice service, what more could you need?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceCosmoDined on 7/13/2014Waitress seemed preoccupied with something else or was overwhelmed. Either way...the food was great but the service left a lot to desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/10/2014It was a last minute decision to go here last Thursday night and we're so glad we did! We sat on the front porch with our dog. Our server was super sweet and attentive. I had the escargot and filet, delicious. My fiancé had the stuffed quail which he loved. We ended the meal with the mousse. We'll be back soon with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved cuisineWilliamDined on 7/3/2014The cuisine at this old standby - in business since 1978 - has improved markedly in recent years. The service is friendly and reasonably professional, despite the annoying fact that the servers tend to address diners as "we" ("And how are we enjoying our entrées tonight?") as if patrons were refugees from a nursing home. The BYOB wine service - ice buckets with plenty of ice, correct pouring, etc. - is good, though the stemware could be improved. In summer the outdoor tables are pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring Mill CafeSheldinDined on 6/28/2014Bread: nothing special, two small round rolls that looked/tasted like supermarket - very mediocre. App: grilled octopus salad and chicken pate. Grilled octopus salad was not really a salad: couple pieces of cold, flavorless tentacles with a few sprigs of, parsley(?) - very bland and odd texture. Pate was "ok".... i've had better. Scallops for entree. To call this entree is crime...It was three very small scallops on a spoonful of carrot/ginger puree, that's it. It would be small even for an app - it needs something else. Entree: rabbit with pappardelle/mustard sauce - meat was dry, sauce was ok, dish lacked presentation. Nothing special. Had high hopes for SMC but were disappointed with every course. Service was acceptable.
- Amazing foodhappytummyDined on 6/27/2014One of the best meals I've ever eaten. Excellent, personalized service. Beautiful decor. I will treat myself to the Spring Mill Cafe as often as I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeJustGVIPDined on 6/25/2014Spring Mill Café is an off-the-beaten-track charmer, for sure! I joined 3 friends for an early dinner on a Wednesday at 6, and we were the first to arrive. All the tables filled while we were dining. This is a small, country French café, rustic and delightful. The chef takes great pride in her creations, and the specials are based on local market offerings. The service was outstanding, which made my $50 dinner more palatable! BYOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendFoodJEMDined on 6/15/2014Was one of the best dining experiences I've had to the point where I felt I owed it to the restaurant to actually provide this review. Kelsey, our server, was extremely friendly and helpful. Our hostess was very accommodating to our party and very welcoming. We had escargot, quail and the scallops. The flavors infused in the quail dish were by far the best I can recall of any poultry dish I've had for quite some time. I would highly recommend trying it for yourself if you're looking for a hidden gem outside of the city yet a stones throw away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special brunchFlourtownGDined on 6/15/2014Father's day brunch terrific. Totally recommend. Seared scallops superb.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We have been coming here for years, both for the food and its French country vibe. Our most recent visit was disappointing. The service was hit or miss. But the most surprising let down came with our entree order. Since garlic is something I cannot tolerate, I requested a substitution for the garlic mashed potatoes that came with the beef. I was told no substitutions were allowed. The potatoes would not be served, but we were free (required) to order another side dish! So we ordered a less expensive (garlic free) entree. They lost. For a restaurant with its reputation and prices, this was bad policy. To be fair, they did comp our desserts, but that wasn't the point. A big let down.
- Thank You!RobMDined on 6/13/2014We went here for my wife's 33rd birthday meal and absolutely loved your restaurant.Special Features:
- Food4ThoughtFood4ThoughtDined on 6/13/2014Friday, we enjoyed a delightful anniversary dinner at the Spring Mill Cafe. Because our reservation was 5:00 p.m., the hostess graciously let us pick our table. The cozy deuce with a lovely leafy view from a side window and wall hangings of roosters (based on the cafe's logo?) and flowers painted on canvas provided a comfy ambiance. We ordered arugula salad with vinaigrette, roast quail with mushroom stuffing, fluke in a rich seafood sauce, and rice-grain pilaf. Rolls served right from the oven were accompanied by sweet butter. We brought our own favorite Chardonnay. (The Spring Mill Cafe is a BYOB.) For dessert, we shared a custard with fresh berries a la mode and I sipped a cappuccino. What a romantic beginning to our 35th year together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSealDined on 6/12/2014Three of us went there for dinner this week, and it was fantastic. The ambience is delightful, and the service was extremely attentive and nice. The food was wonderful. For appetizers, we got the escargot, the beet salad, and the crab salad. All were very nicely prepared and flavorful. For dinner, we had the lamb, the rabbit, and the scallops. The scallops were the highlight, though all were excellent. The scallops were the sweetest, most well prepared I've ever tasted. I was delighted. The desserts were also well prepared--some classic, some more unique. Overall, it was a fabulous experience and well worth the expense.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureKillerDined on 6/11/2014This is a charming restaurant you would expect on a country road in France. I love this place.Special Features: