Spring House Tavern
1032 Bethlehem Pike
Spring House, PA 19477Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Spring House Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://springhousetavern.com/
- Phone: 2156461788
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two newly renovated private banquet rooms that can accommodate groups of 15-60 or more. For those groups who are looking for a daytime event, we are able to accommodate groups of up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Burns 2156463056
- Entertainment: All sumer long we feature entertainment on our outdoor terrace from 7:00-10:00.
Featuring the favorites from the 60's on up!
A word from Spring House Tavern
Welcome to Spring House Tavern! Where the famous crab cakes are made...AND so much more! Come in for a great dining experience. Offering light fare, wonderful appetizers, salads, dinner; we have a 16 draft beer system in our beautiful new bistro bar!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Spring House Tavern - Best Restaurants in Spring House ›
Spring House Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (18)special occasion (14)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A good dinnerJasmineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Although the crab cakes were not as good as on a previous visit( more filler), the service was outstanding and the other meals were quite good. A round table allowed our group of 6 to talk easily.Special Features:
- Great group lunchfrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great food. Crabcakes were outstanding. Our server was wonderful. We were a party of 10, our orders were served correctly on time. She was very friendly, helpful and informative.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great beer list, especially if you like Belgians and craft brews. Nice menu variety and music on the patio in the summer. Exceptional service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service on the deckfood4thoughtDined on 9/12/2014We sat on the deck because the weather was beautiful however once we were seated the waitress came over and introduced herself to us and never came back...We sat for 30 minutes and other diners around us were getting their food ,who were seated after us....We ended up going inside where we were waited on and had a fairly good meal......I'm not sure we would go backSpecial Features:
- outandaboutDined on 9/8/2014A very enjoyable dining experience - the food was delicious, the service was perfect and the atmosphere was very comfortable and welcoming. The restaurant is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationJumboDined on 9/6/2014A great place to just dine or celebrate a SPECIAL EVENT.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and serviceLiveToEatDined on 9/4/2014Food was good, about what you would expect as pub fare. Had appetizers, salad and a sandwich. Went out of their way to make a special sandwhich for a vegetarian at the table. The wait staff was amazing. They were friendly, personable and fun. We were there to celebrate a birthday and they came out as a group and sang happy birthday and provided a dessert. The staff definitely made this a memorable fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our server, Dannetta, was very personable and efficient Our appetizer and dinners were most enjoyable. We were not rushed and were able to talk and "catch up".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Mother, her friends and I picked the Springhouse Traven as a great place to meet. We all had various items of crab for dinner. One can not go wrong with the crabcake. We were able to talk the night away and caught up while enjoying the great food.Special Features:
- Family luncheon after funeralfamilythanksDined on 8/25/2014We went as a family of nine to celebrate the life of husband, father, grandfather after laying him to rest that morning. The waitress could not have been kinder. The menu was not designed for smaller children, but the waitress had a chicken finger platter with fruit made up for the five year old. Abbie loved it. Yes, I would recommend Spring House Tavern in a heart beat to all. And I again thank our waitress for all the assistance she gave us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianeDined on 8/24/2014We had a small dinner party to celebrate my mother's 91st birthday. The food, service, and ambience were outstanding. Each of us had different food choices, and all agreed that the food was superb. The crabcakes were the best I ever tasted!!!!!Special Features:
- Great nightSMAG1Dined on 8/16/2014My family and I have been going to spring house tavern for years. This last experience was wonderful. The food has gotten better, the outdoor seating was lovely and the music very entertaining. This will definitely continue to be our go to place.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSatnitedinerDined on 8/16/2014Took 14 people to Springhouse Tavern for my wife's birthday. A good time was had by all. The food was excellent. My wife and I had the Prime Rib and it was incredible. Every one's food was really good. The service was excellent. I could not have been more pleased. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichVIPDined on 8/10/2014Crab Cakes are a MUST - hardly any filler - All CrabSpecial Features:
- Girls night outFoodLoverDined on 8/5/2014We started going to the Spring House Tavern just because of the proximity to all our homes. But I really enjoy the ambiance, albeit being a bit tired, and quietness of the restaurant along with the good food. We also like the fact that they have a decent small plate menu for those who are watching their weight but don't eat as much. Wait staff is always polite and friendly. They have a pretty oudoor dining area with lovely plantings but because it is on a major roadway, it does not appeal to us to eat outdoors even in the nice weather. Prices are fair for what you get.Special Features:
- MemorableBuckscntycoupleDined on 8/2/2014Very nice deck with music on the weekends.. Service was very attentive.. Food was good.. No complains amongst the four of us .. Known for their excellent crab cakes.. Unusual to see calves liver on the menu although they were sold out the Sat night we were there.. Certainly worth a try..Special Features:
- My moms fav place for crab cakeskarmdDined on 8/2/2014Party of 9 for a special birthday dinner for my elderly mom. Quick service, appetizers were very good. Blue cheese dressing is really outstanding.The crab cake platter was not exceptional but pretty good; lightly breaded and deep fried. Server was very nice and kindly accommodated us by taking a group photo. He could have used some additional training; rather than getting us additional drink menus he waited as we passed it around the table to look at beer/ options. Menu with specials was never mentioned, we found one under a napkin later so we never had a chance to see what was available . A few place settings were incomplete. It's a rather dark place, not much lighting and dated decor. Not my taste but my folks really like it.Special Features:
- New experienceSmoothVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our first time we will be back a little disappointed they canceled live entertainment because of weather. Both our entrees where great liver & onions with bacon and a crab cake were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The service was alright but the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great food, great musicaba1964Dined on 7/5/2014We often dine at Springhouse Tavern and this weekend, we sat outside. It was a beautiful night and they had a wonderful singer/guitar player. The volume was perfect, because we could still enjoy conversation. The food, as always was delicious - I had their famous crab cakes and was very happy with my choice!Special Features:
- Great Findhes711Dined on 6/27/2014We were a party of 7 for a family birthday dinner on a Friday night. I was a little hesitant when we pulled up and the parking lot was packed but once inside everything went very smoothly and our reservation was taken on time. Most everyone ordered appetizers and the scallops wrapped in bacon were a hit, yummy. Everyone in the party was satisfied with their entrees, especially the seafood platter. We didn't feel rushed which was nice since we were catching up with family news. The few that had room for dessert were impressed with the selection. I would definitely return and it was nice to find a local restaurant that lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- The following 170 reviews are from the Spring House Tavern reviews archive.
- Best of BestTeddyDined on 6/22/2014Excellent food in a warm soft setting with super friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont go if you are only twoArjayVIPDined on 6/22/2014Spring House did one of the annoyances that restaurants do when they lose sight of customer satisfaction. My wife and I often dine as a couple-we tend to go early to avoid waiting but also to get a preferred table at places we visit often. We arrived at about 430 and their main dining room was literally empty bar a few couples seated in the back which should have been a clue. When I asked for a table by the window, from the about 20 empties, the self important hostess tells us we could not be seated there because it is a weekend and the fours cannot be used for two. The topper was after eating in the corner at a leisurely pace there were still many tables available. Despite the good service by Jimmy we will think twice before returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHVINNIEDined on 6/15/2014TOOK MY HUSBAND FOR FATHER'S DAY. IT WAS OUR FIRST TIME FOR BRUNCH, BUT IT DEFINITELY WON'T BE OUR LAST. THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND THE STAFF EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND PLEASANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Birthday DinnerPoggy451Dined on 6/10/2014We enjoyed the food, especially the buffalo wings. The salad with scallops was especially good. We treated our Mom & Aunt for their birthday dinners and everyone enjoyed it.Special Features:
- The GastronomesGastrognomesVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is one of our favorite places for a good casual dinner. This Saturday night the evening was perfect to sit outside and enjoy the live music. Our waiter, Jimmy is always very pleasant, efficient and accomodating and tonight was no exception. However, one of my favorite fish dishes, Sea Bass, was very dull in taste. I think they forgot to add the salsa. The entree did inclcude a couple of shrimp and a small portion of crab, which was a nice surprise. My husband said his prime rib was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Crab CakeCharlieVIPDined on 6/2/2014Quite simply, the best crab cake around! Add in the beautiful deck that allows patrons to enjoy a beautiful Spring evening and you have a perfect combination.Special Features:
- Gege29Dined on 6/1/2014Excellent lunch with the crab cakes, but too many potatoes---would rather have had more vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The brunch was ok - we arrived at 1 PM and things were slim - ex: fruit, shrimp, no roast beef, chicken parm, some desserts. I guess because they were closing down at 2, they did not want to bring any more food out. The omelet station server was great, he was very helpful and courteousSpecial Features:
- Memorial Weekend Bustowned1beforeDined on 5/25/2014We chose the Spring House for our Saturday night dinner because we wanted to dine outside. Remembering our past experiences we thought this would be a great experience Well we should have gone somewhere else. Knowing the restaurant business we understand that holidays represent a less than normal experience, but this was even worse. From the time we were seated to the end when we were told at 9:00 that "oh so sorry, we just got rid of our coffee" when we had specifically told our waitress that after finishing our drinks we'll want coffee....wow....it was a very unsatisfactory experience. And although the food was ok, we spent over $100 (for two). And that's without dessert and coffee!!! I'm sure at some point we may come back, but...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodzoogieDined on 5/20/2014enjoyed the food and service especially the brie appetizer and crab cakes. It's a 40 minute drive to get to the tavern but well worth it.Special Features:
- A local comfortable, friendly gemArjayVIPDined on 5/16/2014The Tavern must be doing something right. Overhearing closeby table talk, many patrons are long time customers many of whom the service staff know on a first name basis. Our server must also be happy - shes says she has been there for 35+ years. Despite being first timers, the service was friendly, attentive and good. Menu offered very good variety and both of our meals were nicely prepared and presented. Meals were tasty and portions were more than adequate. Wine list was adequate but could benefit from a few more white choices especially from New Zealand. Overall, a pleasing experience and a good reason to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's going on?out2eatDined on 5/14/2014I was very surprised to find that the food had gone from excellent to fair. Steaks were cooked like hamburgers, scallops very sandy, & ordering food for specific desires were not accommodated.The Tavern bar area is nice & crab cakes still very good, but overall the food quality itself has unfortunately gone downhill.
- MOTHER'S DAYJoyceDined on 5/11/2014The Spring House Tavern did a very nice job handling large numbers of people for Mother's Day. My mother was quote please.Special Features:
- Mothers Day dinnerWayneDined on 5/11/2014My mother loves coming here for the crabcakes. My wife and I brought our mothers, for Mothers Day dinner and had an enjoyable time, as always. We come here often.Special Features:
- no tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014all 7 had fish which was bland and boring. I guess great for older people. the waitress surely didn't want to be thereSpecial Features:
- Good seafood, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Loved the small plate. Took mom there for a pre-Mother's Day dinner. Good choice.
- Pleasant eveningFoodLoverDined on 5/6/2014Is one of the few places around that is fairly quiet. You don't have to shout to talk with your dinner companions. Waitress was extremely accommodating in getting the kitchen to change an appetizer into a dinner selection. The cherry crumb pie was delicious. Tasted like my homemade fresh off the tree sour cherry pie!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay experienceBenvenDined on 5/4/2014Chose Spring House because we wanted to meet up with friends and not have to have brunch. Website (and the sign at the door) said lunch served from 11:30 AM. Sat down and were told by the waitress that they weren't serving lunch until 1:30 since it was Sunday Brunch (and said the sign at the door was old). After a discussion, the waitress checked with someone and came back with a lunch menu. After that, the service was okay and the meal was good (although the "famous" crab cakes were deep fried and disappointing). I do recommend the seafood salad if you like a cold platter.
- Pleasant Experience2dinersDined on 5/3/2014Two of us arrived on time and were promptly seated for our reservation in the Bistro Tavern. The mood is casual and comfortable and the high-top tables provide a setting for private conversation. Our server, Rene, was bubbly, energetic and very attentive. The prime rib entrees were cooked to our satisfaction, tender and delicious. Spring House Tavern has earned a spot in our rotation.Special Features: